Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do women think nice guys are bad in bed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gertrude13
Msg: 101
Do women think nice guys are bad in bed?Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hmmm. Dated this one self-proclaimed nice guy who knew some mad trix betwixt the sheets. He paid attention, and if something worked, he remembered it for next time. Good stuff! Except he was actually a bad guy in niceguy clothing. Looking back, I think a lot of that "skill" was about control, something I learned was a very high priority with him.

Then there was a guy who was kinda sweet, and whose bag of tricks was lacking. Somehow, though, he really rocked my world. Like clockwork. He always watched, learned. Knew what was good sometimes before I realized it. He wasn't a "nice guy" in the usual sense, but he really cared about how I was doing. Might have been ego-driven, but it worked!! =D
 nurseSD79
Msg: 102
Do women think nice guys are bad in bed?
Posted: 7/9/2012 1:12:27 PM
I met a guy off of here and he was a jerk and he was awful with sex!!! It all depends on the person. I also thought he was so good looking but his equipment was faulty and he was just bad at it altogether. Ladies, message me if you want to know so you dont waste your time.
 tennisman2388
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/11/2012 7:45:34 AM
Really? A woman is either derranged or a slut if she doesn't gravitate toward nice guys? What a bunch of silly assumptions.

The fact is: the wholesome nice guy persona just doesn't do it for many women. These women like an irreverent guy with an edge......a guy that will look her in the eyes confidently, perhaps even smugly.......and tell her that he will have her quivering and swooning before him....before he ever lays a hand upon her. She will initially recoil at the audacity.....but ultimately come to him like the preverbial moth to the flame.

This may sound over the top and irrational in the light of day.....but in the dead of night.......when these women succumb to their deepest, darkest desires.....it makes perfect sense to the parties involved.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/11/2012 7:02:42 PM
A nice guy with little sexperience will not be so good in bed. The doormat eager to please guy ends up being exploited and walked all over. But we cant generalise. Bad boys turn on the primitive urges in some women who are turned on the assertive masculine man.

What you define as bad boys I dont know. It is a comment often made by men who dont seem to get women even though they say they are nice and so on.

If you mean those who are sexy,masculine and assertive and confident, then yes just like the animal kingdom . Women can be masochistic and like to be dominated but most of us dont really want a real bad boy at least, not for too long. Some women have abusive aggressive fathers and other childhood male figures and will be drawn to that type in a lover often as it is familiar. It is complicated.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/11/2012 8:07:47 PM
Rexrugs

The nice shy guy would not get much of a chance to be good in bed perhaps. That is a generalisation really.
It depends on his sexual nature.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2012 12:52:07 AM
Can someone answer a question for me? What in the heck is a nice guy anyway?! What in the heck is a bad boy anyway?! I always get the funniest feeling that this nice guy and bad boy thing is another shallow weird way of how some women think in the first place. To make it even more strange, I myself have alternately been seen as definately a bad boy, and definately a nice guy. Constantly. So, whatever the story is with this, can I get some clarification as to what this even is? Nice guy. Bad boy. Huh? And so, when a girl jabbers about getting bad boys, but wanting a nice guy...I want to know more clearly what the heck she's even talking about, when it comes to wanting one but always taking the other.
 larissan04
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/14/2012 9:12:08 PM
NO! this is simply NOT true. actually, i think the so-called "bad boys" are the ones that are bad in bed. oftne the bad boy types think they are all that, and they don't care much about really pleasing their partner. men who have slept around with too many women are often jaded and very mechanical in bed. men that aren't so promiscuous are much more responsive and passionate because sex actually means something to them. to them, sex isn't just some perfunctory bodily function. to the nice guys, they are able to express some emotion, which is what really makes sex passionate. so, yeah, what a woman wants and needs is a nice guy that has some sexual spark...the bad boys? ha, they are losers, and they are lazy, lousy lovers that are jaded and unresponsive. what is best is a nice guy who is sexy as hell...and it's just your little secrete between the two of you... he is secure in himself and doesnt need attention from women that don't matter in order to pump up is deflated male ego...
 larissan04
Msg: 108
Do women think nice guys are bad in bed? [response]
Posted: 7/14/2012 9:18:02 PM
tennisman2388

"My kinda girl..........no accident she's also hot! That's because attractive women in particular have spent their entire lives being chased and fawned over by beseeching, vanilla men. Eventually some realize they secretly long for something else......someone dark, mysterious, dangerous, unpredictable, irreverent.......and extremely erotic and naughty........devious grin."

ugh...men like this, the bad boy types, are the kind of guys that treat you like crap and make you feel like a discarded candy wrapper. no, bad boys do nothing but make you miserable, and often they aren't that good in bed. everything they do is soooooo fake and canned.

what a woman wants is a man that makes her feel like she is the only womanin the world, is able to seduce her with words, knows when to pull her hair just right, and has a moral compass. the nice guy isn't the door mat as some have suggested. the nice guy is a manly man that is ethical, forthright, and sincerely looking for love and is able to be loved. he isn't just looking for tail. he is looking to connect on more then just a sexual level.
 anazdaddy
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2012 9:35:45 PM
I was once a nice guy. When I was a nice guy, I was a virgin. Nuff said.
 EmLewis22
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/14/2012 10:17:38 PM
Whether they are good or bad... nice or mean... doesn't define whether the person is good in bed or not.
 cccccsssssss
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2012 2:37:04 AM
If they're not bad in bed then they're not much of a bad boy. If you were really bad you wouldn't care about satisfying the woman at all, she would just be the bad boys sex toy.
 GuelphBossman
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/15/2012 8:17:33 AM
Again, I haven't read pretty much any of the repsonses so hopefully I am not saying exactly the same thing as someone else has.

It seems like you're talking about two mutually exclusive things. First, I don't think nice guys are bad in bed. I'm a nice guy (or at least I think of myself as a nice guy), and I have never had any complaints. Some women have even complimented my skills in the bedroom (or wherever else we decided to have fun). Problem is, most (really) nice guys don't get the chance to show off their skills becuase many women do want the bad boys. And not because they will be better in bed (chatting with women has led me to believe that more often than not, a bad boy is just that in bed, bad). It's because they are aggressive and assertive (some may even say****) and will pursue what they want. Nice guys don't push hard enough to meet women and then don't approach the idea of sex unless the woman does it first. I have had to change my tune because I found I was passed over hundreds of times by women. And I can guarantee that some of those times is because I was too nice a guy.

So since it seems like you are a nice guy looking for help, here's my advice. Be more assertive. Put in your profile exactly what you want. Tell women what you want. It may not always work out but at least they will know what you're looking for. And amazingly enough, a lot of women like the direct approach!
 applebloom89
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/15/2012 10:21:41 AM
I prefer the nice guys in bed. They dont get your hopes up with all the talk. I think they are better in bed than the guys that go around bragging about how good they are.
I think they are just more romantic and they tend to be a little more...freaky if you will.
 1975giggles
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/15/2012 2:43:13 PM
i think it doesnt matter if u are or if u r good then u are good if not u should get more practice
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2012 7:27:04 PM
...ok, ok...before you find out a bad boy is bad in bed, what makes him a bad boy? Before you know that, how do you know he's a bad boy? Why is a girl attracted to a bad boy...or rather, what is it she's seeing? I mean...my question still stands - what is a bad boy anyway?? Just seems stupid to me, but there's got to still be some kind of answer. Don't say he's someone who's selfish and bad in bed, because you don't know that when you first see him and are attracted to him. At the beginning, what is it that makes a bad boy? And why is it possibly attractive? Somebody out there fess up to whatever this stupidity is. However idiotic I'm sure it is, there's still some kind of real answer.
 Beachguy1982
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/15/2012 9:54:50 PM
Good question...spot on man!
 puddin_boy
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/16/2012 12:12:13 AM
Oh god I hope not! but that would explain why my last profile (a purely romantic one) on POF didn't get much attention
 jsthvngdtm
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/16/2012 12:36:05 AM
Funny I own a Harley and have the bad boy thing going just fine but I'm a lover and romantic at heart and have been told I do very well in bed because its not about me
this question comes back to what type of a person you want, how much you look or where your standards are at,
I can say ONE thing compremiss and do you have it and will you use it?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2012 1:31:10 AM
I've got that sneaking suspicion I know what a nice guy and bad boy is supposed to be, it just seems stupid as hell. But then I shouldn't be surprised, and it's stupidity would be consistent with the other stupidity of how some men and women play games with themselves and the opposite gender...A bad boy, as a comprehensive archetype definition, is someone who's easy. He looks like to you that if you go on any kind of even friendly casual date, you aren't safe, he'll grope you and not take no for an answer and will pursue and harrass the hell out of you, he doesn't care if you have a boyfriend, husband, girlfriend, disease, condoms, haven't taken a shower, kids, or even how good looking you are or aren't, and he's someone who is supposedly a "go-getter" in other areas of life because he has no intelligence or respect in so many ways, he'll step on or plow through other people. The bad boy is attractive to women who are looking for a sperm donor, or is too lazy or scared to do anything - she doesn't have to because he'll molest her anyway if she just sits there - or he's someone she can easily get to do something violent or questionable for her.

As a guy, and a guy who could pass as both of these yet neither of these, almost all of the guys I've known who would be of the bad boy image were like overgrown juvenile delinquents, insecure as hell, always trying to prove something sexually, thinking there's a sexual scoreboard somewhere, have caused so much trauma in people's lives including the women they've messed with, are deadbeat dads (which is ok with many of the women because they just wanted a sperm donor anyway), and often they end up as a "top" searching for a "bottom" among the guys they mistakenly think are some kind of "nice guy" who they previously thought of as losers and had to be better than.

Who the nice guy is supposed to be is an image that's as shallow and false as the bad boy image is true and ugly, to whatever extents in various cases. When people watch ignorant t.v. shows like two and a half men or the big bang theory, they begin to think that represents and explains real people and real life more than they really do, and they begin making it true by being that or thinking like that themselves.

An application of my definition explains a lot of other boy/girl issues, and it explains quite a bit that's going on in some of the other threads...answers a lot of those other questions.

This might be why I've had an instinct to be leery of women who were ever attracted to a bad boy anyway. It's one of those things that tells me that her way of thinking, or her motives, are questionable.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2012 5:28:31 PM
I'm a nice guy..but a real bad boy. ;)
 natgoat227
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2012 9:50:34 PM

NO! this is simply NOT true. actually, i think the so-called "bad boys" are the ones that are bad in bed. oftne the bad boy types think they are all that, and they don't care much about really pleasing their partner. .......

***Standing Ovation...!!!!***
Not to mention....
Some Nice Guys have some Jaw-Dropping Equipment to supplement their personality..!!
 GentLMan_Rod
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2012 10:20:08 PM
Thanks baby.

Nice Guy
 MusicFred
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/19/2012 8:09:42 AM
ApplePieFacePlant for president !
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:34:51 PM
(189) ...oh, and a girl is attracted to this kind of so-called "bad boy" (only my particular definition above) also because she believes he would be a go-getter and successful in life. And then there's still another idiocy - a bad boy can/will keep you safe. You can depend on him. The problem is he's the one a girl would want protection from. Duh.

They never seem to learn, though. Every generation still seems to have those women who get all the way to about their 30's or 40's before starting to jibber jabber about how they're tired of hooking up with the bad boys and how they always brought disaster...and on and on and on. I often avoid these women. There's just something wrong with that picture. At middle age they figure this out? Or rather...why exactly are they now wanting what they call a nice guy?
 alexvanlee
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/30/2012 11:59:21 AM
nice guys don't take what they want

women don't like to be asked for everything. men take initiative.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do women think nice guys are bad in bed?