Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Gaza Massacre      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dandy Highwayman
Msg: 176
Gaza MassacrePage 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

I don't think that's what Dandy meant. I think he's referring to wars since the 1st and 2nd World Wars - 50 million people died in the 2nd World War and we're still fighting wars now. And wasn't the 1st World War supposedly "The War to End All Wars".

Cheers HMSDebbie thats exactly what I meant, not disrepecting the people who fought or the innocents that died in ww1&2, just that we should learn from them.

TheDandy
 garyzac
Msg: 177
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/8/2009 3:40:43 PM

I guess you missed this part:

"PROTECTION

Not at all......I make a habit of reading information provided so that I can demolish/dismiss/ respond to it.

It suggests the tank has state-of-the-art protection. As everyone knows, Hamas doesn't have state-of-the-art weaponry, as the homemade fireworks they fire into Israel suggests.

And what about the weaponry obtained from Egypt and Iran?

Does that all come from "Abdul's Car Repair and Munitions Emporium, Alexandria Ltd"?

An Israeli claim, no 'proof'.

I trust the words of someone who lives with these attacks far more than someone hiding behind their monitor in England......I'd ask for links to support your claim, but I'd be wasting my time.

BTW The website you provided for the tank:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/merkava/

It's written by journalists! Check the About Us section.

So it's really a question of which journalists one believes! Classic..

Go to Israel, stand in the street and verbally attack the government. Then go to ANY Arab nation and do the same. Notice you can only do it that way round. Thandor is not a supporter of Israel in any way , but he`d still rather live in a country that doesn't execute people for their political opinions.

Not forgetting that the elected government of Gaza uses its people as human shields, and sends them to Israel as suicide bombers to kill Israeli women and children.

I have no side to take other than that of the innocents on both sides, Israel being a nation that know what oppresion is, that felt the full force of a holocaust, should in my view have more morals, and have learned the lessons of their past enemies.

I think Israel DID learn valuable lessons from the Second World War, and one of them is : Stand up to your enemies.

It worked for the British, it worked for the French Resistance, and it worked for the Americans. None of those groups entered the war lightly - it was thrust upon them.

Israel has spent its entire existence fighting against those who wish it harm. It has made errors of judgement in the past (mainly by giving in to the demands of terrorists like Hizbollah) but it has acted in the best interests of its people. Can anyone say that about Hamas?

In other words you are legitimising holocaust.

Word of advice, matey: be very careful about how you bandy OUR language about - after you've done a little research into the Holocaust...
 shaneyp
Msg: 178
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/8/2009 3:42:05 PM
bloody hell,is this still going on???,what else can you possibly have to sling at each other????
 Buzzlightbeer
Msg: 179
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/8/2009 4:38:49 PM

Not at all......I make a habit of reading information provided so that I can demolish/dismiss/ respond to it.

But never learn, that says a lot about a person's mentality.

And what about the weaponry obtained from Egypt and Iran?

You have proof of Egyptian and Iranian state-of-the-art weapons being used in the tank attack that culminated in Israel forces firing on the UN school. Great, unfortunately I feel that the link you will surely provide will be found to be lacking.

Does that all come from "Abdul's Car Repair and Munitions Emporium, Alexandria Ltd"?

*yawn*

There's no fool like an old fool.

I trust the words of someone who lives with these attacks far more than someone hiding behind their monitor in England

Trust is irrelevant, it's all about irrefutable evidence.

News in:

Israeli forces have attacked the UN:

"JERUSALEM (AP) — The U.N. suspended aid shipments in the Gaza Strip on Thursday and the Red Cross restricted its convoys after their trucks came under Israeli fire. The threat of a wider conflict arose when militants in Lebanon fired two rockets into northern Israel.

One rocket crashed into a retirement home, but there were no serious injuries. Israel responded with mortar shells.

The driver of the U.N. truck died immediately; another worker in the truck died later of his wounds. The truck, which came under fire in northern Gaza, was marked with the U.N. flag and insignia"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ioi_0jtO9RjMwPNRoXNCndRPRq3gD95J82Q00
 garyzac
Msg: 180
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/8/2009 4:57:34 PM

You have proof of Egyptian and Iranian state-of-the-art weapons being used in the tank attack that culminated in Israel forces firing on the UN school. Great, unfortunately I feel that the link you will surely provide will be found to be lacking.

Yes, I though that, too, given that terrorists are notoriously poor at admitting what they have done.

Thankfully, the Qassam Brigades couldn't wait to tell the world about not only their exploits, but also the weapons they used:

http://www.aljazeerah.info/News/2009/January/5%20n/11%20Israeli%20Soldiers%20Killed,%2048%20Injured,%207%20Tanks%20Destroyed,%20Palestinian
%20Missiles%20and%20Rockets%20Launched%20at%20Israeli%20Military%20Bases%20and%20
Towns%20in%2010th%20Day.htm

"The Qassam Brigades, for its part, said that its fighters destroyed two IOF tanks using B-29 anti-armour rockets."

So, Abdul is certainly doing his job rather well!

This proves that the terrorists DO have anti-tank missiles. The Israeli tank commanders were therefore correct in destroying the UN school if they were under fire from it. How were they to know the nature of the missiles being launched at them?

And before anyone moans about the sources of the story, it has to be remembered that Israel has banned all foreign journalists from the area, so we can only go on what the locals tell us.

There's no fool like an old fool.

Leave out the personal comments, thanks, especially if they aren't aimed at anyone.

Bad link, please post the correct link, thanks.

Works on my pc no problem.....can't help you any further..... 'google' it - it's not 'rocket' science, lol.
 Buzzlightbeer
Msg: 181
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/8/2009 5:08:21 PM
http://www.aljazeerah.info/News/2009/January/5%20n/11%20Israeli%20Soldiers%20Killed,%2048%20Injured,%207%20Tanks%20Destroyed,%20Palestinian
%20Missiles%20and%20Rockets%20Launched%20at%20Israeli%20Military%20Bases%20and%20
Towns%20in%2010th%20Day.htm

Bad link, please post the correct link, thanks.

Leave out the personal comments, thanks.

It was just a general observation, certainly not aimed at anyone. I'm sorry it confused you.

Edit: Got it!

"This proves that the terrorists DO have anti-tank missiles."

No it is unconfirmed. What else can you offer? Nothing I suspect...
 Tah,
Msg: 182
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/8/2009 7:45:44 PM
Who do you think is responsible for such atrocities being committed in Gaza

a week or so before the attacks the UN human rights officer in Palestine was very roughly ejected by the Isreali's, the media is banned from gaza and thus we have no idependant eyes viewing whats happening, what is in their and has reported the attrocities are now getting hit themselves along with the civilians.
their is no doubt in any sensible human beings mind what is and has been happening, everything we hear from the Isreali's and the Americans and the media in my country is irrational, unrealistic and i describe as sick.
If what is happening in these vids im posting a link to was happening to me in my country i couldnt sit back and allow nor can i take the agressors in these vids word for anything they have to say.
These vids clearly show whats being done to palestinians being done as what was done to german citizens in the 1930's.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrkhN6Pcto

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=aHigx-owFLQ
 Tesla Roadster
Msg: 183
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/8/2009 9:12:11 PM
'..Gaza, aptly described as "open-air prison"..' (by judith butler and gayvatri chakravorty spivak in WHO SINGS THE NATION STATE Seagull Books, 2007) supposedly has a tunnel system used for arms supply runs.

I deeply hope that if the tunnel system still exists it is being used as an escape tunnel for Palestinian civilians and for food and medical supply runs for those trapped as the priority.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 1:40:49 AM

Israeli forces shelled a house in the Gaza Strip which they had moved around 110 Palestinians into 24 hours earlier, the UN quotes witnesses as saying.

The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) called it "one of the gravest incidents" since the beginning of the offensive.

The shelling at Zeitoun, a south-east suburb of Gaza City, on 5 January killed some 30 people, the report said.

Israel said the allegations were being investigated.

"According to several testimonies, on 4 January Israeli foot soldiers evacuated approximately 110 Palestinians into a single-residence house in Zeitoun (half of whom were children) warning them to stay indoors," the OCHA report said.

"Twenty-four hours later, Israeli forces shelled the home repeatedly, killing approximately 30."

The UN said those who survived and were able walked 2km to the main north-south road to be transported to hospital in civilian vehicles.

"Three children, the youngest of whom was five months old, died upon arrival at the hospital," the report said.

An estimated 770 Palestinians and 14 Israelies have died in nearly two weeks of Israel's air and ground offensive against the Palestinian militant group Hamas.

Accidental? Collateral damage? Or purposeful targeting of innocent civilians?
 Gaz01
Msg: 185
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 2:08:57 AM
Say no more. UN finally passed a resolution with US staying away. No one would blame Israelis for their wrong doings. I condemn Hamas for killings of innocent but shame Israelis supporters on here would not do the same. I wonder why???
 jebuspebus
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 2:25:42 AM
A particularly disturbing bill is being voted on in the US Senate today - a bill that could not be passed by any reasonable person (see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/amnesty-vs-aipac-senate-t_b_156256.html)

Introduced by Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), the bill puts the all blame for the current violence between Israel and Gaza entirely on Hamas. It offers unconditional support to Israel, tacitly endorsing the raining down of bombs on the heads of Gazan civilians, a tactic which has led to the deaths of over 700 Palestinians in just a few weeks. In fact, it endorses continued bloodshed of both Israelis and Palestinians.

It is quite striking, how one-sided this bill is. The US should condemn Hamas. They are deliberately targeting civilians with Qassam rockets and 9 Israelis have died since Israel started bombing Gaza. But they should also hold Israel accountable. Accountable for denying Palestinians access to badly needed medicine, fuel and food through their year-long blockade of Gaza; accountable for endangering the lives of Israelis by repeatedly violating ceasefires and refusing to negotiate with Hamas, a group, which facts show, can maintain a ceasefire (see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nancy-kanwisher/reigniting-violence-how-d_b_155611.html); accountable for the destructive US-made weaponry they are using on dense population centers, which has now drawn rocket fire from southern Lebanon and threatens to enflame the rest of the Mideast; and accountable for Israel's illegal 40-year occupation.

But it does no such thing. Instead, it reads like a press release written by AIPAC, giving Israel carte blanche to do whatever it wants whenever it wants, without legal or moral restraint. It does not call for an immediate ceasefire, or an end to Gaza's blockade, which is also an act of war.

And after the Senate, its going to the House.

Politicians need to hear from the public that it is in the best interests of Americans, British, Israelis, and Palestinians for Israel to accept a ceasefire, end the blockade, and achieve peace through an end to Israel's 40-year old occupation of the Palestinian Territories.

The Bill: http://aipac.org/Publications/SourceMaterialsCongressionalAction/SenateRes.pdf

Let the politicians know what you think: http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/301/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=26397
 Tah,
Msg: 187
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 5:08:30 AM
Politicians need to hear from the public that it is in the best interests of Americans, British, Israelis, and Palestinians for Israel to accept a ceasefire, end the blockade, and achieve peace through an end to Israel's 40-year old occupation of the Palestinian Territories.

no isreal need to give palestine their land back that the isreali's/usa took off them by military means and generaly disregarding UN directives the same as the two French resustance's only stopped when no German soldier controlled any of France in 45.
But Isreal wont do that because they have housed thousands of citizens in them military occupied palestinian land and these people would have nowhere to live. these people were told like Jewish persons the world over finanly they had thier own state,thier own automy in control of thier own security and a place for all jewish people(automatic immergration acceptance if your jewish to isreal) and if they suddenly found themselves crammed in like sardines with much less farming land if they were inside thier true borders everything jews the world over were told would be found a lie so everything you see from isreal is an eloborate lie to hide the very lie i just explained and the sad fact is the same genocide just without the gas chambers is happening to palestinians and has happened to lebonese.
Why the USA is involved in this I do not know but i consider a united arab world free of war could sit around and work wonders with oil, the very thing america relies on.
but that divide and conquer stratergy 1 of many possible conspiracies
 diabolikk
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 6:46:30 AM
"Why the USA is involved in this I do not know but i consider a united arab world free of war could sit around and work wonders with oil, the very thing america relies on."

Yes, wonders like financing madrassad all over the world but keeping Arab females almost entirely incapable of reading and writing.
Wonders like Dubai while from Pakistan to Morocco they are the poorest countries on earth.

Like I said, it must be incredibly frustrating being an Islamist when, regardless of how many people you slaughter, the liberals just want to hug you.
 Andy_Beemer
Msg: 189
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 8:23:32 AM
Sinai The Israelis had to hand it back.
They have attacked ALL of their neighbours.
In 1947 Palestine was a British protectorate. Then we let it go due to israeli terrorism against our troops. Then they arrived in force with the bullet, bulldozer and the bomb.
Its the ONLY "nation" to have nuclear weapons and NOT sign the Nuclear proliferation treaty. Iran HAS!
The UN has more resolutions against Israel than any other country of the world.
It is becoming a desert through over using the only supplies of water. Its why they attacked Lebanon and syria because of the water tables.
Do you remember the HUGE fuel price hikes and the shortages in the 70's? Thanks to Israel, Opec hoiked up fuel prices.
They are the most racist nation in the world. They have murdered many of our US/UK/EU RED CROSS workers shooting up ambulances and under their bulldozers.
The Gaza strip is the largest open prison in the world!
Those rockets launched by Palestinians AKA Hamas? Give us a break. They who gain are the Izzies. Its simple black ops.

anybody who wants to argue with more profound nonsense, I can carry on like this 'til the cows come home.

Oh, a semite is any person from Morroco to Turkey. Many Israelis are barely semetic. Just racist yanks n rusky wannabees'.
 Gaz01
Msg: 190
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 11:01:16 AM
nigel44 I read your post perfectly OK. I just your thoughts equates to that holocaust.
 NIGEL44
Msg: 191
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 11:27:29 AM

nigel44 I read your post perfectly OK. I just your thoughts equates to that holocaust.

Then you have no perception of my thoughts or the holocaust.
I said in my post that was how I perceived the Israelis look at it. I said "excessive to us but not to them." etc etc
 Lothian Girly
Msg: 192
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 1:24:10 PM
Palestine -
Short term - 700 dead,

Long term - god knows how many injured, how many still to die - PAINFULLY, as no medication getting through, infrastructure destroyed, systems - internal, educational, medical......destroyed...this generation will not recover......but neither will the next......the country can't develop -economically, socially, etc.....

UN out - Isreal has free reign to start the mass elimination of the Palestinians.......are they building gas chambers?......

Destruction at all levels - using their weapons of mass destruction at the moment but also long term.........as stated above - not allowing a country to develop...

Long term Aims :

1. As someone on here has already stated - American Goverment needs an excuse to take Iran.......Dont give it to them as Iraq (American Goverment's ex best bud did) or Afghanistan - Taliban - (American Goverment's other ex best bud)

********Look forward to the reponse to this.....I have stated American Goverment not American people - majority of people don't want a war !!!!!!!!****************

2. Weapons are economicaly and politically good for countries - Goverments have an excuse to further develop and invest in armed forces . They dont need to worry about revenue for this - the country they overtake will pay for it - when that country can't as their infrastructure is dstroyed - No worries - take over their natural resources

3. The politics of fear - Goverments do well when there is a war- the public vote them back in because of fear. Political jargon commences - "we have to protect our way of life ....." It was the communist once - anything and everything could be done in the name of protecting ourselves from the communists ..........re-read last sentence just insert Islamic terrorists in place of Communists !!!!!!!!!!!!
 garyzac
Msg: 193
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 2:20:02 PM

They have attacked ALL of their neighbours.

You didn't provide much of a list.

Israel has never attacked a sovereign state without being provoked.

It attacked Egypt in 1967 as a pre-emptive strike following Egypt's coalition ranged against it.

It attacked Lebanon after Hizbullah attacked northern Israel and captured two soldiers.

It bombed a potential nuclear armament factory in Iraq.

Other than that, I can't find any examples, but I'm sure that someone can help.

Its the ONLY "nation" to have nuclear weapons and NOT sign the Nuclear proliferation treaty.

Israel has nuclear weapons?

Do you remember the HUGE fuel price hikes and the shortages in the 70's? Thanks to Israel, Opec hoiked up fuel prices.

Care to explain how Israel was to blame?

They are the most racist nation in the world.

Based on what parameters?

I remember that when Rajiv Gandhi was in power, even Indians born abroad couldn't enter the country!

It is becoming a desert through over using the only supplies of water. Its why they attacked Lebanon and syria because of the water tables.

I suppose Syrian and Lebanese acts of war had nothing to do with it?

Sinai The Israelis had to hand it back.

And the Golan Heights.

Both areas were gained as a result of war caused by Arab aggression.

Useless Arabs! Attacking Israel on three sides, and still had their butts kicked!

diabolikk
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 3:08:36 PM
Lothian Girl,

Please.

Have you got any concept of what you are saying?

"UN out - Isreal has free reign to start the mass elimination of the Palestinians.......are they building gas chambers?......"
"Destruction at all levels - using their weapons of mass destruction at the moment but also long term.........as stated above - not allowing a country to develop..."
What country. They split the territory they had in two. They killed and maimed each-other for control of the Gaza strip. Hamas won and threw out Fatah. Many, many young men died. Many people suffered. After that, Fatah has chosen negotiations and this is why, now, they live in relative peace. No war there. Palestinians.

Hamas chose confrontation, harassment and warmongering.
They are only getting what they have been asking for all along. Palestinians as well.

And are you sure you wouldn't want to disarm a country like Iran? Just because you don't like America?
And are you sure the Afghani prefer the Taliban? That they have no right to modernity like you and I enjoy? That their children don't suffer everyday while we spout cretinity after cretinity?
And that the world is a better place without Saddam? Trust me, the GASSED Kurdish villagers don't draw a lot of comfort in our peacenik stance.

Weapons. They exist. Aways have. Give over. Which means that it's better to have the biggest plastic gun if you want to stay safe.
Are you sure you don't need a nuclear deterrent?
Would you feel at ease with Iran, Saddam's Iraq, Hamas, the Taleban being capable to strike you knowing you have no respone?

Are you sure you would prefer to live under a society model like any of the above?
Would you espouse what you defend?

I thought so.

"The politics of fear"
You see, it was called The Strategy of Terror and was used by the Italian state between the 50s and the 80s to keep Italy on the right side of the wall. It hurt a lot of people. It was catastrophic. 40 years of terrorism and counter terrorism. But it workd. At the end, Italy stayed a Western country.

Now tell me; would you have preferred Communism to prevail?

I ask because millions of dead russians probably don't agree with you, because millions of people were subjugated by it for decades. Because people had revolutions against it.

By ****footing around it, by pandering to our own left-wing, by doing what we did...we gave 45 years, 45 years, fourtyfive years of Communism to millions of people.

I love your finale:
" It was the communist once - anything and everything could be done in the name of protecting ourselves from the communists ..........re-read last sentence just insert Islamic terrorists in place of Communists !!!!!!!!!!!!"
Go back a step...it was the Nazis even before than that. Then the Communists...now Islamic terrorists...you truly believe, our model is not worth defending from the likes of these?
You truly believe we could prevail by using feathers?
 Humbum
Msg: 195
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 3:18:49 PM
Post 214.... what utter bollox

The USA and Europe have bank rolled Palestine for years far beyond that of any arab nation(s) indvidually or collectively. So much for lending a helping hand to their brothers.

Instead of investing the money in building infrastructure and commerce to benefit the people, Arrafat used the money to fight Israel, line his own pocket, and insult the generosity of the very hand that finance him.

The Palestinian people have been betrayed by their own leadership who's only interest is fighting a religious ideological war against Israel.

They ensure their leadership position by false flags deliberately provoking Israel to attack to their positions strategically placed in areas of high civilian populations, thereby creating propoganda value.

Arrafat and Hamas are religious NAZIs, and Hitler galvanised the German people in much the same way by bombing the Reichstag.

Lebanon was once a wealthy secular country until the religious NAZI fanatics and terrorists turned into the wasteland it is today.
 Lothian Girly
Msg: 196
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 3:32:39 PM
Diabolikk,

Firstly - I have not said anywhere I do not Like Americans - infact I think I mentioned it was the American Goverment, in particular their foriegn policy that I dislike.......hopefully that is noe clarified.

World politics is a game - way above you and I

*****To clarify - when I write USA or America - the reference is to the Goverment/goverment policy*********************

The Taliban were created, supported and funded by American Foriegn Policy - they were no different then - when they were doing the dirty work for the USA in terms of the Soviet Invasion - there tactics were exactly the same - but then they were praised and a friend - I disapproved then

Saddam and Iraq was supported by the USA in the 10 year Iran/Iraq war - friends of the USA then - Saddam was still gassing the Kurds then - why not do something then and turn a blind eye - thats what they are doing right now

What the Isreali goverment is doing now to the Palestinians is no less than what the Nazi regime did to the Jews in Germany

Iran has issues - ones that most of us dont like - no country has the right to say elimainate another (reference to Iran wanting to eliminate Isreal) - however that is what Isreal is ACTUALLY doing right now to Palestine

We dont want that regime either do we Diabolikk?????????

I may not use clever words like you but please do not manipulate what I say

Thank you
 Tah,
Msg: 197
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 6:26:58 PM

you dont know about the isreali bombing of the USS liberty do you? the idea was to sink this famous named american ship,blame it on egypt and then america invades and wipes out all of isreals adversaries and then they own the middle east.
you obviously dont know about the mossad hit squads that went around the world in the 70's assisinating any educated,articulate palestinian they could find.
 shiningblackstar
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 6:49:33 PM
lothian girly bit of advise do not read or reply diaboliks posts if you do you are in for it oh boy will he provide you with obscure web links to what evil muslims in some backward hole think of us and are planning to do to our way of life lol. this is the man who has openly stated WE ARE BEING CONQURED BY THE MUSLIMS LOL. just a sad hate peddler so beware don't raise to the bait.

give the Palestinians latest weapons so they can fight back and this mess will be over very quickly.
10.000 missiles fired into isreal 4 israelis killed wow these evil Palestinians .
1000 Palestinian women and children butchered in one week who's the terrorist?
 Buzzlightbeer
Msg: 199
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/9/2009 7:12:19 PM
It bombed a potential nuclear armament factory in Iraq.

Incorrect, it bombed the Osirak 'nuclear reactor'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4774733.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osirak

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/osirak1.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/7/newsid_3014000/3014623.stm

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E00E0D91430F936A25752C1A9649C8B63

HTH

you dont know about the isreali bombing of the USS liberty do you?

Bravo!
 garyzac
Msg: 200
Gaza Massacre
Posted: 1/10/2009 1:42:35 AM

you dont know about the isreali bombing of the USS liberty do you?

Of course I do!

The Israelis were then in a war situation, and had stated that any unidentified ships in the area would be attacked. The US had failed to inform Israel of Liberty's presence, and the Israeli had failed to identify her prior to the attack.

It was seen as an example of 'friendly fire'. Israel was not held responsible for the attack by the US authorities.

Therefore, the incident was not viewed as an attack on a sovereign state!

If the US accepts that, I'm happy to agree with it.

the idea was to sink this famous named american ship,blame it on egypt and then america invades and wipes out all of isreals adversaries and then they own the middle east.

Says who?

you obviously dont know about the mossad hit squads that went around the world in the 70's assisinating any educated,articulate palestinian they could find.

Which is not attacking the Palestinian state!

Incorrect, it bombed the Osirak 'nuclear reactor'.

Do I really have to supply a definition of the words "potential" and "provoked"?

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A05E5D81F3FF937A3575AC0A9649C8B63

Ehud Barak writing in 2002:

"Those who prefer to wait and hope for the best should contemplate the following: no one really knows how close Saddam Hussein is to building a crude nuclear device -- and it was a crude device that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Few will doubt Mr. Hussein's readiness to use a nuclear weapon against American assets or against Israel, if only under extreme circumstances. Once Iraq becomes a nuclear power, the very decision to go to war against it would become a totally different ball game.

If Saddam Hussein is allowed to cheat the inspectors and the world for another year or two, we might end up making an unforgivable mistake. We in Israel have already been through this. Prime Minister Menachem Begin ordered the destruction of an Iraqi nuclear reactor near Baghdad in 1981. This action delayed an Iraqi bomb by at least 15 years. The whole world condemned Israel -- only to realize later how farsighted it had been. Saddam Hussein now is much more cautious. His military-nuclear infrastructure is geographically spread out and protected to avoid a repetition of the 1981 defeat. "
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Gaza Massacre