Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Ever been asked,Why aren't you married?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I usually just tell those that mean well, that I am happy with how things are right now, and those that are just stupid about it......that I am waiting for that one to not be married first......;)

Many mean well, and think that if for no other reason, we should not grow old without a companion, and for me, I just shake my head and say "to late"......and that my money is better spent on long term health care over spending it on someone that wants me to be there for them and the lawyers when the divorce happens.

cd
 Bodypr08
Msg: 104
Ever been asked,Why aren't you married?
Posted: 4/13/2012 9:52:44 AM
Nobody really asks me that question anyway. They just look at me and--they know.
 twohourbreaks
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:42:12 PM
They really want to ask, "What's wrong with you that you're not married?" Break it down ok :)
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/14/2012 7:55:13 PM

Many mean well, and think that if for no other reason, we should not grow old without a companion, and for me, I just shake my head and say "to late"......and that my money is better spent on long term health care over spending it on someone that wants me to be there for them and the lawyers when the divorce happens.

I agree 100%!

I can come and go as I please I live on the Gulf coast of Florida, my home is paid for and my work allows for a couple of months time off at least twice a year.

I can road trip most anytime I want........Life is better than it ever has been.

Why would I want to is the better question.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/15/2012 8:12:44 AM
I haven't been as fortunate as you in finding such good men & I'm patiently waiting for one of you to die to stake my claim.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:00:30 PM
I have had a steady beau for a year so I do get asked why we have not married already. Truth is, alimony which goes toward my retirement account goes away if I remarry. Unless my beau can come up with a fat dowry that I can put in my personal Roth IRA before we walk down the aisle, I am far better off financially if I stay single...at least for the next 4 years .

But I when I am asked that question, I tell them that the only man my age that I find even remotely interesting enough to marry is already dating my ex-husband. That one usually shuts them up.
 ecochick1962
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/18/2012 9:14:25 PM
I say, "I'm an unclaimed treasure."
 catalina_view
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:09:57 AM
Because I'm currently under investigation by Met Life (hey, they all died of natural causes I swear and I'd give back every penny for one more day with any of them) and when that's over I'll remarry.
 Casper66
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 10:07:49 AM
Yes I've had people ask me this too, thou it isn't any of their business, I just say I haven't found the right one yet, then I describe in detail all the fun things I get to do with all that free time I have, I love the looks on their faces, crazy how they seem to think that being single is some horrible lonely existence. Thankfully the whole why I don't have kids has past now that I'm older, but I have had a few dates that said it was a redflag that I hadn't been married before, this coming from someone who's marriage didn't last a year, I just laughed.
 DameWrite
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2012 8:07:04 PM
Yes and my answer...
I could never marry someone who'd want to marry me!
 Can_It_Really_Be_True
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/24/2012 10:50:28 PM
Well, I've been asked that on every single date I've ever been on in my life and always from men who just can't believe that I'm not married and then that's the last date that I have with them and the last time I hear from them!

I'm just used to it now and tend not to respond but just ask them another question instead.
 okfinewhateva
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/26/2012 11:28:00 PM
Why am I not married , you ask? Because I'm tired of giving half my stuff away EVERY 5 YEARS!!!!!
 teddymiester101
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/26/2012 11:49:55 PM
hi everyone

I've been single forever and one time someone asked me am I married and I said no. The longest I've had a relationship
was when I was in high school. I try and met people and try and go up to people and when I walk up to a girl and try to talk to her I freeze up turn around and walk away kicking myself. Yes I know I am shy it really sucks, But when I do start talking to the girl. I start a real conversation.

There is another thing I'm 28 and I feel like the world is passing me by. It's killing me inside that all of my friends are
getting married and I haven't even had a relationship with a girl longer than a week. Out me and my brothers I'm the only one that wants to get married and have a life.

I know that I'm young and I have a lot to learn but I feel like I can give so much and all that I ask the girl is that she love me ?

Thats me
 galnxtdoor64
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2012 10:23:37 AM
i get asked why i rarely even date
or get asked out- my dad doesn't get why I do not have more of a social life than what i do
he thinks his daughter is a beautiful grown woman and why do i not have a good decent fellow in my life...
and i really do not understand, nor do i have a reason for it.
 FlaxenBlonde
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2012 11:20:06 AM
Some of my fav responses to rude questions such as "You're single, so why aren't you dating anyone?" or "Why aren't you married?" or "How many times have you been married/divorced?" or "You're single. Why are you home on a Friday/Saturday night?"

Raise both eyebrows, stare for a three-second count, and say: "Did you really just ask me that?" or ...

"I'm sure you didn't mean to ask such a personal question! or...

"Why bore you with what I consider to be such intimate, personal information? " or...

"Been there, done that but now that I'm divorced, I'm finding there are so many fabulous men out there!"

"You know, life holds many mysteries and this may remain one."

Lastly, if they just won't stop with the stupid questions ---- "Bite me." or "See ya."
 tsolathe
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2012 7:52:39 PM
I am asked that all the time. My answer to that is simple---- No one ever asked (with a little chuckle thrown in). It doesn't come up again.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/2/2012 8:48:20 PM

One upon a time a prince asked a beautiful princess "WILL YOU MARY ME?" the princess said "NO" and the prince lived happily ever after and rode motorcyles and ****ed with cute skinny girls and hunted and race cars and went to naked bars and dated women have his age and drank beer jack daniels and captian morgan and drank milk from the box AND NEVER HEARD ****ING and went to rock conerts and kept his apt and his favorite jeans and never got cheated on while working and his family and friends thought he was cool as hell AND HAD TONS OF MONEY and left the toilet seat up THE END

Sounds like a fairy tale to me....lol

Went on a meet last week and after only a few minutes into the conversation he says, "So tell me, how come you're still single?" If I had a nickle for every time I was asked that question I'm sure I could buy a hot pair of red cowboy boots :)

...mae
 PamiOakley
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/3/2012 4:48:42 PM

Went on a meet last week and after only a few minutes into the conversation he says, "So tell me, how come you're still single?" If I had a nickle for every time I was asked that question I'm sure I could buy a hot pair of red cowboy boots :)

Nods and laughs... I think you are my sister from a different mother. What cracks me up most, is those are the ones we never hear from again!
 c_deacon
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2012 5:11:51 PM
Just one pair Mae?.....and only Red and not some Purple ones??.....lmao

It goes with the "you are such a nice guy" thing......so, if nice, I must be married....go figure!

Maybe that is why I ride Harley's and wear leathers, and carry a knife and gun......need all the weapons I can get to rid myself of this image.....lmao

cd
 aboutgettingby
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/4/2012 10:12:20 AM

I would respond with:

Why is you nose so far up my a$$.
 kari135
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2012 3:42:14 PM
My favorite: "You'll make a great wife, but I'm not in the market." He was right, I did make someone else a great wife - but not him. His loss.
 SONNI100
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/4/2012 4:59:43 PM
I tell the truth. "Isn't 5 times enough?"

Silence always follows"-)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >