Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet January 31st      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bicyclecamping
Msg: 31
view profile
History
North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-GreetPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hi,

I am interested.

Lee Stork
bicyclecamping on Y
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 32
North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet
Posted: 1/18/2009 6:13:06 PM
I hope everyone moves their "other" possible plans to the side and join us for a fun night of meeting some good like minded friends. We have loads of good idea for events, weekend trips, cookouts, camping and just anything we want to come up with.

I'm getting so excited about meeting everyone and how everyone is showing such an interest. I'm getting alot of emails about people thinking this is such a great idea and how they are looking forward to finally meeting a group to do things with. From what I've heard.. even the waitresses at Southern Comfort are inviting single people they know to come out and play!!! I do believe we may have come up with something good here... however... WHY is nobody wanting to chat on this thread? I want to meet some of you on here before we even have the meet-n-greet. I want to know some of your ideas on things and also let everyone else get an idea of what we're all about so please, lets start talking on here people!!
 Damon8
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/20/2009 1:39:14 AM
What should we bring? What can we bring? Maybe we should have some interactve game like pin-the-tail-on ..... forget that one. Maybe a sign in book would be cool for sending e-mails about future events. Are there firearms allowed? Dogs?
 lambykins
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:30:01 AM
LOL

Debbie and I will have a sign up book for everyone. Everyone needs to bring their fun happy selves but leave your evil counter parts at home this time On second thought maybe a little evil will be fun....hummm

Ideas would be nice for future events.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/22/2009 6:08:18 AM
LOL... you KNOW for a fact sista that I do not need to sing!!! You've heard me first hand and it ain't pretty!!! I want people to come and stay not run out the door, but hey... you come on up and I'll cheer YOU on while you sing like a canary bird.. lol

Are you coming up for it? I've been working and working all weekend.. the last weekend you said you were coming you didn't show hot shot. Are you coming for my birthday???? You should!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/23/2009 3:20:18 AM
I asked "Peanut" if he wanted to attend and he said ONLY if you were coming!!! He's been saving himself for you but.... Penny is starting to look pretty good to the poor little man....
And not to worry, since you are such a good friend... I've been keeping him VERY warm at night.. he likes getting right up under those blankets with ME... and I won't even mention where he puts his cute little nose...
 Damon8
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/23/2009 8:39:29 PM
Are dogs allowed? If so, bring peanut and that naughty nose. My cousin is coming!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/24/2009 7:18:38 AM
Peanut would steal the show I can assure you!!! He thinks he's all that and then some. I'll be working at Harry's in Carrabelle tonight if you get out and about Damon, bring your cousin too.
 blueidnanna
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 5:45:59 PM
Hi , Mesnafugal , I am new to forums , so if I do or say something wrong , TELL ME !!!! I think getting people together is a GREAT idea . There's this park close to my house (state park) that has camping , hiking , a really cool old house that they have tours of , a picnic area . It's right on the Apalachicola River . It's called " Torreya State Park " . It's a pretty place. The only place the Torreya Tree grows . I just thought I'd throw in that bit of info .

Later, Blueidnanna

p.s. I am a Jack Russell lover ( all animals) I have my little girl and she goes most places with me , except work .
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/25/2009 1:17:11 AM
Hello there Blue... no you haven't said or done anything wrong you are doing perfect!! I have 5 dogs soooooooo ... lol.... I know where Torreya State Park is and that is something we can consider for a future event by all means. Welcome to the forums and our thread, if you want to chat just write whatever and we'll answer your questions or just chat about things you enjoy doing.
 blueidnanna
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 6:07:03 AM
Thank You . I've been on POF for awhile now , but , no one seems to want to talk to a slightly overweight nanna , HaHa . Oh Well , I'm always up to meeting new friends !!!!!
We also have the " Garden Of Eden " here , but I've never taken the time to visit . We have good reasturants and decent fishing And only one red light !!!!!!!!!
And the American Legion right across the river I sound like the Chamber Of Commerce ,don't I?. Dancing and singing , what fun !!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/25/2009 7:13:17 AM
I happen to work part time at the American Legion Post #82 in Lanark Village!!! As far as people not wanting to talk to an overweight nanna, that is not true you just have to find the right person to talk. That is one reason some of us women have become friends, we enjoy doing things and hanging out more so than some men.

Hey River, WE could sing together... a duo.. me and you... and Peanut could do backup, lord knows we can make up our own songs!! Maybe you should think about coming the weekend of this event??? Also, you BETTER have my birthday wrote on your calendar and you BETTER have it OFF!!!
 smittens1
Msg: 43
North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet January 31st
Posted: 1/25/2009 8:57:12 AM
I mau not be able to make the meet and greet but would love to get together for the other activities. I love camping fishing boating biking(motor or pedals,lol) I have a nine man tent also. so count me in. also my yahoo e-mail is jersigypci@yahoo.com or jersigypci IM in yahoo just add me. Lets get this party started if you need help just holler.
 blueidnanna
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:24:23 AM
Well , My parents live in Wakulla County , So I'm not totally ignorant of where it's at . And it wouldn't be that hard to find out . I would love to join ya'll . I don't have any camping gear . opps , an air mattress . And , are dogs aloud ? I can bring her kennell , I just hate to keep her shut up in it . She is normally pretty well behaved .

Later , Peggy
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/27/2009 3:11:02 PM
Alright folks.... the time is getting near and I'm about to send out another email to everyone involved on here. Looks like we have alot of interest still... Please, if you have invited people who you KNOW are coming would you please email me and let me know so I have some kind of head count??? I haven't talked to the owner yet so I need to figure out what specials we will have. Please, bring your ideas for future events.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 46
TIME IS NEAR
Posted: 1/28/2009 10:21:35 AM
The time is coming everyone, seems a lot of you are bringing friends or else telling other friends about the event. They are also telling people at Southern Comfort!!! How many people here are bringing people or know of others who are coming that are not signed up or not on POF????
 smittens1
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/28/2009 10:57:48 AM
Hey I really like to get to know you all and we do stuff together. Is there any way we could all meet at the kareoke party in orange park. That would be a fun place to meet.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/28/2009 12:32:25 PM
Hey Smittens.. we're over here around Tallahassee but I would like to plan a trip over to St. Augustine one weekend!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 49
PICTURES!!!!
Posted: 1/29/2009 10:00:15 AM
Who has a digital camera they can bring so we can do pictures of our first meeting, also it would be a good time to get pictures of everyone so they can put on their profiles!!! Any volunteers???
 rangerwill175
Msg: 50
view profile
History
TIME IS NEAR
Posted: 1/29/2009 2:13:02 PM
I'm bring a friend from Thomasville, GA. It never hurts to have a good wingman
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/29/2009 10:01:51 PM
Thank you, it is good to know we have people knowing this is a good thing!!!!

Yes on the camera... should I bring a CD for you to copy the pics onto??? That way I can post them and forward???
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/30/2009 11:40:07 AM
Hello New Yorker, funny you said that because I just bought me a new pair of "work shoes" on the way home today!! LOL

Yes you can say I have a "following" or you can just say I'm blessed with some pretty amazing friends, hopefully I'm about to meet some new friends tomorrow night!!!

OK... I went by and talked to "Mary" the owner of Southern Comfort, she is very excited we're coming there and basically said we could have the restaurant.. the middle bar or the end bar!!! LOL.... Kim and myself will be in the bar early, when you walk in go to the right and we'll have a table right there as you come in so you can sign up and get a name tag (I hope I got enough). We said this would start at 7:00 pm but I think we're going to go early since happy hour is from 4:00-7:00.. lol.. They serve food all night (til 2:00)... the special Sat night is .35 wings and oysters!!! From what I've seen their food looks very good. There is a LIVE BAND on Sat. night that starts at 9:00!!! Sorry but no karaoke this time. I also got to pick the bartender... her name is Pam and is a friend of mine.

For those who do not know how to get there, you can map quest it 8901 Woodville Hwy, or you get on South Monroe St. which turns into Woodville Hwy (#363) when you cross over Capital Circle. when you get into Woodville, go "past the traffic light" (yes only one) and it's in the center to your left with the Dollar Store in it. There is a sign out front. Plenty of parking around the side and the back. Everyone is getting excited.... I know I am. See you folks tomorrow night... If anyone has any of the stick on name tags you might bring them just in case we run out. Don't forget CAMERA's!!
 lambykins
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2009 5:19:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

Debbie and I are so happy to be hosting tomorrow night's event. I think a good time will be had by all.

As Debbie stated earlier, we will be arriving early to set up and greet everyone. When you arrive just look for the sign in table and get the name tag so everyone will know who each of us are. Now do not be shy, we are all there to enjoy ourselves and hopefully ya'll will want to continue having these events.

Can't wait to meet everyone.....so you all tomorrow night.

Lambykins
Kim
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/31/2009 9:12:52 PM
OMG... I'm tuckered out!!! The night was a big success and I now have met more wonderful friends. We had a good turn out, everyone seemed to have a good time and the place was PERFECT for our first meet-n-greet. We have some good ideas for future events (Feb and March) so stay tuned. Ok.. You fun people wore me out so I'm going to bed. I hope everyone writes something on here so others can see what they missed.. hahahha
 lambykins
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2009 9:23:23 PM
What a terrific evening.... Looked like everyone enjoyed themselves. I hope that Debbie or myself got to talk with everyone but if we accidentally missed one of you we will make it up to you next time.

Thanks Ivan for taking pics for us and we will get them up as soon as we are able.

Now that we know one another, let's start chatting on here with each other. We can keep this thread going.

Kim
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet January 31st