Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 82
view profile
History
If men had the same opportunities as women, how many sexual partners on average would they have?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
It's not the quantity but the quality that counts. I get no jollies out of adding notches to my bedpost, but I do have a strong sex drive combined with a real appreciation for the kind of love making where we both get so much pleasure out of each other's pleasure that it's almost like we share the same nerve endings.

That's not to say I don't enjoy FWB sex when I'm between relationships, and I'm sure I'd have had more of those if the opportunities were always there.

But if all of a sudden virtually any woman wanted to be with me, the number of partners I'd have would be the number it took to find that one right one for me who I was just right for. Come to think of it, that's how I've led my life anyway, but not being quite that irresistible it's taking a bit longer....

Dave
 Casper66
Msg: 83
view profile
History
If men had the same opportunities as women, how many sexual partners on average would they have?
Posted: 3/5/2010 6:23:10 PM
Quote;We females HAVE to be choosy who we hook up with because each one increases our "whore score"...
This made me laugh out loud and it's so true, just because a man hits on me doesn't mean I'm going to have sex with them because I'm not sexually attracted to every guy I meet. Then there is the risk of pregnancy and STD's, no one is going to look out for my health but me, so that means I say no to men I don't see as being relationship material, which is what I'm looking for. So perhaps men don't have the same opportunities, but from my personal experience, they sure give a great try.
 ForeverLong
Msg: 84
view profile
History
If men had the same opportunities as women, how many sexual partners on average would they have?
Posted: 3/5/2010 8:04:31 PM
All the women I have known had guys trying to get with them, always trying, just waiting for that woman and also other women. Women always have opportunities. Men are whore dog pigs, starving for sex, most of them are because women are so picky. They have to be to to get a woman, they will pay for sex, where as women don't have to resort to paying for sex. Women know all this, they got us by the balls. Like someone said, 20% of the men are getting plenty, and the rest of us just get lucky once in a while and women have to beat them off with a stick if nothing else works.
The average man would have hundreds of partners if he could, that is if he didn't find a woman who would be happy with him, have sex with him and not kick him to the curb.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2010 8:29:29 PM

All the women I have known had guys trying to get with them, always trying, just waiting for that woman and also other women. Women always have opportunities. Men are whore dog pigs, starving for sex, most of them are because women are so picky. They have to be to to get a woman, they will pay for sex, where as women don't have to resort to paying for sex. Women know all this, they got us by the balls. Like someone said, 20% of the men are getting plenty, and the rest of us just get lucky once in a while and women have to beat them off with a stick if nothing else works.
The average man would have hundreds of partners if he could, that is if he didn't find a woman who would be happy with him, have sex with him and not kick him to the curb

OH generalizing all men as pigs I see - I don't know all men are pigs and are just looking for NSA 1 night stands - most want a steady woman around and not cheat - the problem is you must be running into a lot of Players.

Not all men pay for sex - sorry that is not the case - I see in Nevada women can do the same and pay men to have sex with them - I don't see a lot of women doing this either.

You are right a small percentage of men sleep with the overwhelming majority of women and are in "Relationships" not committed relationships or caring relationships - just sexual relationships and a lot of women think the more notches they get on their lipstick case the more better they are than men. The small percentage of men are players but true players possess 2 of 3 things: Money, Height (6'0" Tall), Charisma - but more than 20% of Women want to be like this? I don't get it? Who are they getting back at? Most men aren't like that and never would think that's a good idea! And No personally I don't sleep with every single woman that comes my way - women should realize men don't sleep with as many as 30-40 Women - except users and players.
 Daves place 1
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/6/2010 9:09:17 AM
Are you asking how many parteners I have had??
Do you want it rounded to the nearest hundred this Month
 PcolaSteve
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 7:46:07 AM
I would throw the average off. I am not that interested in sex. I feel it is too much like work without the benefits like health care and holiday's off.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 9:25:24 PM
Really here is the problem:

Men in the majority 80% - look for quality not quantity

Women in the majority 80% - look for quantity not quality

So this means 80% of Women and 20% are players and not interested in anything except sex = what does this tell us? You reap what you sew.
 windloverr
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2010 10:25:28 PM
Did a quick Google and found the following from the CDC, and the Kinsey Institute (Numbers pertain to the USA):
2007 Survey results
The median number of lifetime female sexual partners for men was seven; the median number of male partners for women was four.
The survey, released Friday, is based on data collected from 1999 to 2002 for the National Center for Health Statistics, a branch of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
In previous federal surveys on these topics, participants were asked questions in face-to-face interviews. The CDC believes that caused underreporting of behaviors which might be viewed negatively, although the survey did not provide any comparative results from earlier reports.

This time, data was gathered from 6,237 adults, aged 20 to 59, in what are called computer-assisted self-interviews — a method designed to provide complete privacy and produce more honest answers.
Many of the conservative groups aligned with the Bush administration on social issues promote the goal of sexual abstinence until marriage. The survey found only about 11 percent of never-married adults had remained chaste.
Among the other findings:
• About 96 percent of U.S. adults have had sex.
• Sixteen percent of adults first had sex before age 15, while 15 percent abstained from sex until at least age 21.
• The proportion of adults who first had sex before age 15 was highest for non-Hispanic blacks (28 percent) compared to 14 percent for both Mexican-Americans and non-Hispanic whites.
• Seventeen percent of men and 10 percent of women reported having two or more sexual partners in the past year.
• Twenty-five percent of women and 17 percent of men reporting having no more than one partner of the other sex in their lifetime.
• Number of Partners

2005 Report

• Males 30-44 report an average of 6-8 female sexual partners in their lifetime (Mosher, Chandra, & Jones, 2005).
• Females 30-44 report an average of 4 male sexual partners in their lifetime (Mosher, Chandra, & Jones, 2005).
• 3% of men have had zero sexual partners since the age of 18, 20% have had 1 partner, 21% have had 2-4 partners, 23% have had 5-10 partners, 16% have had 11-20 partners, and 17% have had 21 or more partners (Laumann, Gagnon, Michael, Michaels, 1994).
• 3% of women have had zero sexual partners since the age of 18, 31% have had 1 partner, 36% have had 2-4 partners, 20% have had 5-10 partners, 6% have had 11-20 partners, and 3% have had 21 or more partners (Laumann, Gagnon, Michael, Michaels, 1994).
• 20% of American men and 31% of American women have had one sex partner in their lifetime (Laumann, Gagnon, Michael, Michaels, 1994).
• 56% of American men and 30% of American women have had 5 or more sex partners in their lifetime (Laumann, Gagnon, Michael, Michaels, 1994).

...and that's the rest of the story...
 Taztiger72
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2010 10:55:13 PM
^^^ It has to do with reality - in the Post Feminist World - women pick the men they have sex with 100% which is a never ending resource - the 20% of men they have sex with possess a few things that women consider important - Charisma, Sexual Prowess, Height and Money - Funny how Conservative thinking "Open Minded" women are - they are open minded to the possibility that - they have the right to chose who they want and they want Tall, Rich, Egotistical, Sex Fiends - so be it.

The average guy doesn't have these - right off the Average Guy is not Tall over 6'0". Height is an automatic Chic Magnet. Money is another Magnet to women. Charisma, or Large Egos draw women as they are Confident - all average men are not confident. And Sexual Prowess - i.e. James Bond means you are wanted by all women - so they have to have it too.

The media pushes it - worldwide - so once again - that report from before 7 partners for women is outdated - Man you haven't seen Sex in the City then - because every little girl who watched that show - accepts that as the norm - and now it is the norm - so that 20% of Men are just damn lucky - because they are what every single woman wants.
 egboy
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2010 10:58:28 AM
I know that if I was a woman that I would at least a 90% hit rate on guys I wanted to have sex with. But being a guy my rate is more like .1%.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2010 9:01:51 PM

I guess everyone should be thankful for it, otherwise mankind would likely be extinct by now.

We might just be if every woman is looking to hook up with only 20% of the entire Male Population - we could just go extinct.

Post Feminism did one thing it eliminated 80% of Men from Contention.
 late™
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/21/2010 9:49:54 PM
Post Feminism did one thing it eliminated 80% of Men from Contention.

No, it just eliminated a lot of the neurotic douchebags with entitlement issues.
 late™
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/21/2010 10:14:07 PM

that's just how it is...

If you're a predator
 late™
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/21/2010 10:22:49 PM

so if a man is able to sex a different woman any night of the week if he chooses then he's a predator?

You left out the part about going to a third world country that time, ...nice straw man.

well, Ok then I'll wear that badge with honor...

Ha! ...honor, ...that's rich, ...there are a lot of young women in third-world countries who have no other way to survive. If that's the type of advantage one needs to get laid, ...they are really stretching not just the definition of "honor", ...but "man" as well.

no a predator is something different my Dr No

Not really, though it's a more pathetic predator who relies on the suffering and poverty of women in poor countries to get laid.
 late™
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/21/2010 10:32:56 PM

ok, you are the only one that is talking about the sex trade and prostitution bro.

I mentioned neither

you've assumed that i've paid women...or given them money in exchange for sex...don't go assuming things that are not in my post.

I didn't, ...if you read carefully, ...there are no such assumptions.

again- educate yourself, go out of the country...

I am "out of the country".

understand that not everyone that travels overseas to 3rd world countries can ONLY have sex for money...

No, ...I do realize this, ...some just espose the "easy pickins".

Learn to read, and realize that once you get busted for straw man arguments, ...continuing to employ them is just ...folly.
 late™
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/21/2010 10:53:08 PM
well enjoy your high tower of non predatory status my friend

No, sorry pal, ...both feet firmly on the ground here.

if i could get laid every night of the week in this country or any other country in the world- i would not for a second classify that as being a predator.

Of course you wouldn't, but you continue to move goal-posts, ...go back and read your reply again --->

"...all they need to do is travel to a 3rd world country. you will get every single opportunity to do whatever you want and how often you want. even if its every night of the week with a different woman."

Sorry, ...it's just pathetic if you can't "get laid" on the terms of the culture you're in, and because of this, find fault with the women of that culture. It must be them, ...right? You can't dance with an equal? You don't know what you're missing dude.

if you think so- then you have a different moral compass than I do

Damn skippy...

so knock yourself out...

Ha ha... if you only knew.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 12:13:07 AM
Prostitution - this thread is about women and men's sexual patterns - stop the rants - go start another thread or something - but as far as in the US Prostitution is only legal in Nevada, and Rhode Island (which is going to be Illegal soon - sorry)

Neurotic Douchebags?

It doesn't take that long to figure out a lot of Women want and are Users and out just for sex - there are men like that too - but by percentage - Women are way ahead on that = hell if you date someone online they automatically have 5-10 other men behind you waiting - most men don't have those numbers - if you did you wouldn't be here.....
 late™
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/22/2010 10:33:00 AM
Neurotic Douchebags?

...with entitlement issues.

Yes.

Unlike an evolved male who recognizes not only the validity, but the necessity of egalitarianism, and seeks out his equal with an understanding that societies have no business in deciding "roles", that's up to each and every individual, regardless of wealth, gender or height.

Self-actualization is the real source of confidence, honesty and personality traits sought after by women, these men exist, they've raised the bar, ...women know they exist and seek them out and avoid those males with antediluvian attitudes towards antiquated "gender roles", who blame their lack of success on everybody but the person most responsible, ...themselves.

In short, it's not them, it's you.

It doesn't take that long to figure out a lot of Women want

What a waste of time and energy, ...try figuring out one woman at a time, not just for what she wants but, what she needs.

and are Users and out just for sex

Seriously dude, ...maybe you're just projecting.

If men had the same opportunities as women

They do, ...if they know what they're doing, ...but, usually knowledge leads to wisdom, which leads to being a well adjusted adult who doesn't need to bed women in numbers in order to self affirm his own worth. It's no wonder that males own the badge of douchebaggery, so many of us can't seem to progress beyond a playground level of social interaction and adolescent ideals of self-affirmation. Fewer women have this problem, in this aspect men are certainly the "weaker sex".

Some women can have as many partners as they want, ...so can some men, the absurdity of making a numbers game out of really only serves to illustrate how much more evolved women are in that they don't fall for the same limited scope of measure of "worth" that so many men do. What does this really measure in terms of quality of being, human dignity and ultimately, ...desirability; anyway?

hell if you date someone online they automatically have 5-10 other men behind you waiting -

This isn't my experience and I've never had the "read-delete" problem with messages, not in all the time I've been active on POF, which on and off is over the last 5 years. Yet, I hear so many gripes from men about "all women", ...when in reality, ...their problems serve to epitomize Franklin's definition of insanity. It's stunning to me that they expend so much energy complaining about "the women" when they could be putting that energy into being a better man, writing a better profile, actually putting some thought into message composition, ...nope, ....from a lot of men I still keep hearing, "It's not me, ...it's them".

How's that workin' fer ya'?

most men don't have those numbers - if you did you wouldn't be here.....

I don't any more because I found a beautiful, brilliant, sexy, very strong willed, modern and very evolved and emancipated woman here.

But dude, ...when I was "seeking", ...I didn't have problems getting replies, first contacts, etc from strong, brilliant and beautiful women, ...but I NEVER thought for a second that I needed to bed all of them, ...seriously, I grew out of that by the time I was 16 (prior to that I was an absolute slut).

And to correct another of your misconceptions, I'm here because of the many friendships I've cultivated here over the last five years, men and women both, ...all strong willed, brilliant and very evolved regardless of gender.

I was only looking for one, ...and I finally found her, ...and brother, it was well worth the wait.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 7:17:47 PM
Self-actualization is the real source of confidence, honesty and personality traits sought after by women, these men exist, they've raised the bar, ...women know they exist and seek them out and avoid those males with antediluvian attitudes towards antiquated "gender roles", who blame their lack of success on everybody but the person most responsible, ...themselves.

In short, it's not them, it's you.

It also depends on the Woman too - gut feelings tell a lot and you aren't going to be a great match for everyone. And on the antiquated "gender roles" I have no problem with that - hell women are actually making more than men these days and have careers that match. I'm personally looking for an equal partner.

How's that workin' fer ya'?

Some women have short attention spans and prefer to speed date - and will go through a vast amount of men in a short period of time. I've actually dated a few women off here - but nothing to write home about - Somethings that came up - I let one date chose her seat when we met - that instantly made her angry and decide she wasn't seeing me again. Another she didn't like my Political views (like you knew what they were before we met), another thought she should date other men when I was seeing her?!? It's never the same thing - always something different - but I keep looking....

But dude, ...when I was "seeking", ...I didn't have problems getting replies, first contacts, etc from strong, brilliant and beautiful women, ...but I NEVER thought for a second that I needed to bed all of them, ...seriously, I grew out of that by the time I was 16 (prior to that I was an absolute slut).

I've actually done pretty well off here - dated Chemical Engineers, Accountants, Paralegals, and a Lawyer off here - I'm actually more Liberal in my thinking and they were saying they Middle of the Road - which I can deal with but they turned out to be very Conservative in their thinking which my views on things and they got angry - they too wanted Traditional "gender roles" so I didn't have a more important job - so they didn't like that either - too bad I don't think like they do - but no one said you had to sleep with everyone you date and talk is cheap - unless you click in public everything is off the table.
 abelian
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/23/2010 5:32:11 AM
If men and women had the same opportunities to get laid, then I think they would have the same number of sexual partners on average. But, you have to ask whether men and women would have a greater or fewer number of partners. Men get laid when they can because it's generally the woman who is in control. Women are presented with so many opportunities that, to a large extent, they can pick and choose. But in having so many opportunities, they may choose to have sex more often simply because statistics gives a very average woman better odds at receiving offers from above average guys, i.e., the average may be 7 in that survey, but the median is probably much lower. The average is probably boosted a few guys who have had a lot of partners. On the other hand, ever since the 60's, when the availability of birth control became easy and it became socially acceptable for women to admit to liking sex, the number of sexual partners women (and men) have has increased.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 7:53:08 PM
It would seem that women do date men who are less than 6' tall, since according to the above quote, they have actually been dating someone less than 6' tall (unless it is was MALE Chemical Engineers, Accountants, Paralegals, and a Lawyer off here) . Perhaps it's true that men are less selective when it comes to a prospective dates height.

My, my are you implying something - because even the moderator - would take exception to your insinuations.

Sorry to burst your bubble - again all the women I have dated off here which were Chemical Engineers, Accountants, Paralegals, and the Lawyer - but the overall majority of women off here have an issue with height - 80% will not date me right off because of my height - nothing I can do to change that - I still have 20% to work with - and I keep looking.

If you have a problem with the LBGT Community - I would advise you to seek help with your problem.
 late™
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/23/2010 9:28:01 PM

and I keep looking.

As you have also shown that it's obvious that you are only looking for 1, ...all I can add to your reply is that those percentages become meaningless, ...that, and often (as what happened with me), you find that one person when you stop looking, ...stop having expectations.

The whole numbers game is a big distraction, especially when one is just looking for one, instead of trying to bolster a juvenile sense of worth by numbers.

Good luck dude.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/24/2010 5:43:44 PM
I would imagine unless the women are sleeping with other women, that there is both a man and woman involved when it comes to an opportunity, therefore it appears to be an equal opportunity.
 Jonejo
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/24/2010 5:57:18 PM
The are also about 7 -8men, for every 9-10 women in the UK, statistic solutions are a result of the total enviroment, personaly i dont have more than 1 wife and a couple of girl friends, ones more of a **** buddy so what ever! but thats plenty for me, i dont want more because I love all of them and feel emotionally attached to all of them, I rarely think of other women, other than them anytime of day or night and thats just part time relationshipping(new word for the dictionary))lol hoe hoe man hoe a hoes a hoe, yea some men will put there peckers in anything, a quick surf on the net will show you that, there are the women who will let anything put there pecker in them to, lets hope they arent making any babies, but to try and find an intellegent answer for this pne i guess it would be one for Mr Freud, it is kinda strange though good thread man..
 Taztiger72
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 6:36:10 PM
I would imagine unless the women are sleeping with other women,

They do = this ain't no secret -- a much higher percentage women are bisexual than men.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9358339/

This report is from 2005 - but the trend is expanding.

This on the other hand is a null issue to men seeking women.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >