Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wisguyingb
Msg: 90
What if you were being tracked by your cell phone?Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Maybe he put a microchip under your skin while you were asleep. Muhaaaaaaa

I highy doubt he is tracking you.
 Louisvillelady3
Msg: 91
What if you were being tracked by your cell phone?
Posted: 1/17/2009 8:41:54 AM
OP, thank you so much for posting this thread. I was dating (for three years) someone who is now my boss. I have a work cell phone, nextel. After reading your post, I checked the gps in my phone and found that the position had been recently checked. After some investigation, I have found that it was checked numerous times over the last year. There are only three people who would have access to this infor. me, out accountant (65 yr old woman who has better things than me to think about), and my exbf/boss. after learning of this, it cleared up some unexplained statements that he had made to me over the last several months. Statements like, "I know you didn't go out over the weekend ect." I have since put the gps on restricted, and hope that he can no longer invade my privacy that way. For all those reading, check your phones and make sure no one will be able to do the same to you. Thanks again. I would have never thought about this if not for your post.
 swtsxyme
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/21/2009 3:38:16 PM
Louisvillelady3 that is one of the reasons I posted this thread not just for me ,but for people to be careful and make sure they are not being tracked. Alot of people don't even know .If you see that movie mall cop their is a scene where the boyfriend is tracking his girl friend by her cell phone on his computer through gps.
 karma1160
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/21/2009 3:49:11 PM
I would most definintely say..."Hit the road Jack". It is about entitlement or the misquided perception of people that think they are entitled to the whereabouts of people they know.
 katt_411
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/21/2009 3:53:24 PM
I would drop the phone off at an S&M all-male club and yeah..., I'd never look back.
 clazzyroseangel
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/24/2009 7:47:35 AM
FIRST restraining order big time.......
SECOND be very scared.....if this man has to keep track of you you have cause to worry.
THIRD get rid of him and quickly......hes a controling person and you nor does anyone need that!!!!!!!.....good luck girl {been there done that and moved on!!!}
 swtsxyme
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/2/2009 9:03:54 AM
Mznobody, you are the retarded one get a life, people go through this for real it's not a joke. Nobody is bragging about stalkers you missed the whole point. People have the right to share their experience and help others in this situation. if you are not interested and why are you still here. lol.
 prfinestprice
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/2/2009 3:03:30 PM
Gosh sweetie now you have A women stalker now be careful she is some weirdo. Hope that you changed your number and all is well with you. Gotta go some of us do have a life
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:48:37 PM

Msg #114 If you see that movie mall cop their is a scene where the boyfriend is tracking his girl friend by her cell phone on his computer through gps.
Right from the trolls.. ur I mean.. Op's mouth.. I suspect this is where she got the fodder for her most recent delema.

Stay tuned for the next installment. Depending on what movie she sees next.. it may be rather interesting.

OP: if you wanted to perform a public service announcement warning about cell phone tracking and GPS.. why not just do it that way instead of instilling all the drama?
 swtsxyme
Msg: 101
Posted: 2/2/2009 6:05:30 PM
Wishes Granted for for your information ,I posted this before the movie came out their is no delema or drama so keep it moving it's realty it did happen to me which means that people who experience the same thing is also lying wow.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 102
Posted: 2/2/2009 6:13:40 PM

in which case he wouldn't be dating some weirdo who has had several accounts & brags about doing married men..Yes u all missed that!...My ex has stalked me on here..anybuddy give a sh!t? Didn't think so..

I caught that married thing I do wonder most days if people actually read before they empathize/sympathize and opine. Doesn't appear so here.

~OT~ Silliness. If you suspect someone is trolling you, stalking you, staring at your azz as you walk by, or whatever ~ fix the problem. Change the number, get rid of the man, file for a protective order, ignore him and move on with your life. If you don't wish to lose the man, lose the paranoia. JMO
 val0214
Msg: 104
Posted: 2/3/2009 11:51:39 AM
OP,

There's a function on the phone where you can turn the GPS function off but keep in mind that if something happened to you, they would not be able to locate you (police).

As for your boyfriend. OK, he told you. Now you know. If you trust him and he's the caring and genuine type and he wants to keep you safe (women do get targetted and disappear a lot in the news), tell him tit for tat and he would have to turn his on and allow you have the same option of knowing his location as well. If he says no. Then get a different phone. And use the old one with for practical jokes.

If, however, he's controlling, abusive, threatening and this is one of those moments where he's telling you he knows what you did last night with a creepy tone. Ummm, the cell phone issue is the least of your problems. Get a second phone and leave the old one at the police station. File a report and find a different boyfriend.

Good luck!

heartseekertrue
Msg: 105
All digital cell phones transmit gps data....
Posted: 2/3/2009 12:00:39 PM
one way to do this involves special;ized info; then its just a matter to know how to access the right data stream...anyone can be thus tracked. Prezzes blackberry included...
Unless you carry the phone in a lead box, it regularly and frequently sends out your 20. But...in a lead box, it wont ring, either. Why carry it?

I'd change boyfriends, phones, and read about how surreptitious tracking can be protected against.

The second way; a partner..who innocently enough, offers you a "free phone", on their plan....
would be a huge red flag. The bills....and call patterns, would be generally evident.
GPS data would be harder to obtain legally... absent a court order or subpoena.
 Mxchic
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/3/2009 12:25:20 PM
I'd take my phone to some interesting places like the strip club, police department, local prison, std clinic, etc. Figure out what will annoy the living shyt out of him and do it alot. Give him something to ponder in his spare time!
 Delirious Denunciation
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/3/2009 5:25:36 PM
What? This is possible? I so need to find out how to do this. How else can I keep up with all my boyfriends, those crazy little stinkers! LOL! Just kidding. I think you should run for the hills, ASAP! People that tend to practice controlling behaviour to that degree, can easily manifest into something far worse. Think, American pyscho.

Good luck!
 shyneon
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/3/2009 5:33:25 PM
If you didn't agree to this is a step on your privacy.
Alot of these new gadgets and technology sell these conviences that make it easier to abuse. Definately express your feelings to him to stop doing this, except emmergency.
 val0214
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/3/2009 5:39:52 PM
Ok, OP...

I thought it was through GPS.

Instead it's through the phone company employee. That IS stalking and involving someone else illegally.

Change phone companies.

Tell him the next time he'll be phoning you from jail.
 sanderella333
Msg: 116
Posted: 2/5/2010 12:20:22 PM
what if your cell phone was never being tracked but rather your computer is. Did you on that day a day before or after tell anyone by your pc that you were going to go to that location on that day because there is a software you instal into the pc that record everything you do and emails it to his email address it copys everyt hing records every move you do on your pc and he gets it in his email. you should check your computer....
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/5/2010 6:23:41 PM
do you really believe he 'tracked' you as they said?

sounds like a BS story to me...

even if he did 'track' you...its not the sort of thing you actually share with people...

sounds like something to scare u...

either way...guy sounds like a freak.
 m14shooter
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:25:41 PM

How in the world can someone track you by a cell phone? Really, can that be done? But yes, I would be upset too!

Especially considering sometimes I talk to my best friend when I am in the bathroom! I always at least warn her when I flush I wouldn't want anyone to know I do that! Oh wait, I just told the whole world.

The US government has forced the phone manufacturers to put gps in the phones under the pretense of being able to find you if you are hurt and dial 911 but in reality it is to track people. Peoples phones have been used against them in court by prosecutors. I had mine reworked by a Motorola engineer to not allow the gps to transmit and also to turn off the remote activation feature. The remote activation feature was also forced by the government so that if someone they have a wiretap warrant against and they turn it off they can turn the listening capabilities back on. If you ever want to a make sure they cant track you leave it at home or turn it off and remove the battery.
 m14shooter
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:29:54 PM

This thread is exactly how urban legends get started. People will pass this stuff along to their friends as gospel.

Talk to your own cell phone company customer service reps before you repeat the fact that phone company employees (even if they are your friends)will track your bf or gf for you.

I talked to mine and this is what they told me; the information necessary to track anyone by their cell without that person's permission is not available to all employees. Only certain employees can access that info, and there is a system of checks and balances in place to keep the employees that can access it, honest. Everytime they log in, the time they logged in and the info accessed is recorded. The activity is constantly monitored. If an employee is found to be making unauthorized access to an account, they are questioned, and not only could they lose their jobs, but they are also in violation of some kind of federal statutes because those business are interstate. In fact, when law enforcement want to track someone by their cell, they have to get a court order.

My cell phone company is the largest in the U.S., but I suppose regulations in other countries could be different.

Bull, there are other tracking systems that the phone company does not control that you can buy. There is a case right now where A guy tracked and killed his girlfriend and the guy she was banging by her cell phone. Police also found hours of her conversations with him and others on the guys computer.
 padman57
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:30:34 PM
There are 276 Million cell phones in the US. Do people honestly believe the government is keeping track of where they all are going?
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:33:33 PM
iPhone has a phoney app to impress your friends by pretending you can put in their phone number to trace. It uses your GPS position (you consent), then shows position on screen ! Your friend is standing beside you there too! Duh?!?!?
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 122
Posted: 2/5/2010 10:06:42 PM
If someone is trying to track my via my cell phone, they'd think I was always at home. I don't even know where my phone is half the time. Or if it's even on. If they monitor my conversations, the longest one I've had via phone is "Hey, I'm at the store. What kind of bread? Do we need milk?" And that's it. I don't talk on the phone. They are welcome to read my text messages. 'Cat threw up." "Lame"
 Blk_Archangel7
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/5/2010 11:28:02 PM
thank God I still use my no iphone or blackberry or which ever new phone that has GPS. People an'it got nothing on me unless I give it to them lol :-p
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >