Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What if you were being tracked by your cell phone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatyouc
Msg: 76
What if you were being tracked by your cell phone?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Dump his insecure ass! That's nuts!
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 77
What if you were being tracked by your cell phone?
Posted: 1/12/2009 6:30:57 AM
Ummmm....stop calling him your "boyfriend" if what he is doing is freaking you out and then get a restraining order for stalking.

Otherwise, be a grown up and talk to him about his violation of your boundaries and tell him to stop tracking you. Hmmm....Seems to me there may be a lack of trust on his part regarding you. If he chooses not to respect your request stop seeing him because he will only continue in his behaviors. Just my opinion!
 prfinestprice
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/12/2009 10:32:20 AM
Sassyredhead10 I agree with your post for the Op. Really I'm concern for her, I hope she is ok ,She deleted her account right after this post. He has no right to do this If their is no trust then he should leave her alone.
 ladyc4
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/12/2009 12:26:28 PM
Whether or not this is or isn't a troll post by imaginay members with fake profiles and multiple accounts, it does bring up an interesting question.
If I were to find a bf tracking me by cell phone or putting a tracking device on my vehicle, he would very quickly become my EX bf.
Cindy O
 Switch72
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/12/2009 1:13:52 PM
hello restraining order, how are you today....
 ladylookingagain
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/12/2009 1:20:51 PM
You can be tracked by your cell phone. I have Alltel as my wireless carrier and for $10/month and if you have the right phone, you can track that phone. You can look up on the computer and see that phone's whereabouts at any given time. I agree with the one poster who said that your b/f may have just seen you out somewhere and is messing with your mind by telling you that he tracked you via your cell phone. If he's paying for your phone, I'd stop that ASAP and get one of your own.
 Shyava
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/12/2009 4:12:20 PM
how is he tracking you?
 waterviewtoo
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/13/2009 9:59:19 AM

We probably need to get the laws changed, tracking without consent should not be lawful.

I'll see that and raise you ...tracking without a WARRANT...should be illegal.

I had no idea this was quite so easy. What happens if you keep your phone off except when you are using it? Just asking as I can go days without.

EX boyfriend with a restraining order would be nice, late boyfriend would bring more peace of mind. Sorry, sounds a tad harsh, but you know it's true.
 sofissiedom
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 10:27:39 AM
I was stalked a few moths ago...by an employee at my college, he asked me 3 times for my number and got a NO, when i handed a data protected exam form to this particular, he stole my info and began to txt me nxt day and all week.....dodgy!! I sussed him by googling the cell number which fortunatley for me the idiot had posted it on a networking page along with a photo of him.....wat a creep..he denied it however i was encouraged by the college to take it further to the police as the nature of some of the txts were a tad unhealthy to say the least...any way my point here is NO ONE should do tht shit to anyone....especially not ya boyfriend....not sayin hes a stalker...just sayin it aint healthy to do that to someone!!! Its not rite in the head..theres curiousity and then theres...'missing link of the brain?!?!?!?!' That wud be a 'see ya later' job for me...as in 'GET LOST WEIRDO!' Anyhoo good luck with sorting it out xx
 rubie61
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/14/2009 6:35:45 AM
I've been experiencing the same type of harassment from my ex. He found me of POF after we divorced and showed my profile to his child (my step), saying "mommy is dating and wants a new family now". He was, and still is, convinced that I was cheating on him while we were married. I guess that is easier than accepting the fact that our relationship was unhealthy for everyone involved. He refuses to believe that leaving him was the hardest decision I have ever had to make.

He preaches his Christian values to anyone who listens, but monitors my attempts to move on in a positive direction with my life. He sends notes telling me how my emails and text messages can be tracked. He berates me for being so "disgusting". I wish he would track emails. At least he would know the truth.

This is someone I trusted with all my heart with my love, my possessions, and my finances, but in the end turned out to be a pathetic, unhealthy, selfish individual who is only interested in his own needs.

I had to delete my profile, which was a great profile, and now am relegated to participating anonymously. I was excited about meeting new people who are positive and energetic and shared the same philosophies as I do. Now, I have to be wary of anyone contacting me for fear it is him out to harass me. The thought of him showing my life to everyone is appalling.

If I had it to do over again, I would have listened to my gut instincts and never married this guy. I should have known, but I believed in love.

Eventually I will be able to come back out of the shadows. By the way, reading these forums have helped me so much. I appreciate all the words of wisdom. It is comforting to know that I am not the only one who has been through this stuff.
 3starzz
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/14/2009 7:29:00 AM
If you have the same phone carrier example verizion they have a feature called chaperone it is $5.00 a month and it is for you to know were your child is and you can just plug in your code from the parent phone and it brings up a map and gives you the exact address someone is at or general area like to the point of a parking lot at a mall. You can just take your phone to your carrier and turn off GPS. Good luck
 briargate
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/14/2009 8:26:57 AM
The cell phone tracking doesn't work if the phone is turned off. Just FYI. One free tracking service is Mologogo.com Most GPS phones can be set to not send out location data, or only send it if 911 is called. Check your phone. But really, any boyfriend that is tracking you for no reason and then mentions it to you like Daddy needs to get the boot. On the other hand, you now know how to track someone else if they indeed warrant scrutiny.
 cuillerier
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/15/2009 8:02:54 PM
I dont have a cell phone, haha, so im good. We got onstar in the car. They can track you there, lol!

Rob
 ceaser_73
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2009 9:11:13 PM
He can't hear anything you say on the phone,only state agencies (law enforcement) can do that, and thet have to have a warrant. There is a seperate GPS system that someone can buy and put onto your car, like in the trunk,hood, etc. (Usually on the inside of a compartment so the device isn't exposed to the elements), and can be tracked from a home computer or blackbery. Someone can track your location by GPS on your phone on if your phone has this feature and you subscribe to it with your phone service provider, you can simply turn of the phone and it will not be able to track you. Once you turn it back on then it can be tracked.
Does make one wonder what his reason for doing this is?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/17/2009 5:55:26 AM
Maybe he put a microchip under your skin while you were asleep. Muhaaaaaaa

I highy doubt he is tracking you.
 Louisvillelady3
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/17/2009 8:41:54 AM
OP, thank you so much for posting this thread. I was dating (for three years) someone who is now my boss. I have a work cell phone, nextel. After reading your post, I checked the gps in my phone and found that the position had been recently checked. After some investigation, I have found that it was checked numerous times over the last year. There are only three people who would have access to this infor. me, out accountant (65 yr old woman who has better things than me to think about), and my exbf/boss. after learning of this, it cleared up some unexplained statements that he had made to me over the last several months. Statements like, "I know you didn't go out over the weekend ect." I have since put the gps on restricted, and hope that he can no longer invade my privacy that way. For all those reading, check your phones and make sure no one will be able to do the same to you. Thanks again. I would have never thought about this if not for your post.
 AlluringBlondeBabe
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/17/2009 5:15:16 PM
swtsxyme

isn't tracking a voilation of your privacy?

well that's not as important an issue as actually having a boyfriend track you..let alone tell you he did...does this sound normal to you?

i'd kick this one to the curb..you soooooooo didn't deserve that..no one does

however if you don't kick him to the curb..why not call someone and feel free to say whatever you wish..that you know will have your b/f stewing in no time...just a thought LOL

ABB : O
 swtsxyme
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/21/2009 3:38:16 PM
Louisvillelady3 that is one of the reasons I posted this thread not just for me ,but for people to be careful and make sure they are not being tracked. Alot of people don't even know .If you see that movie mall cop their is a scene where the boyfriend is tracking his girl friend by her cell phone on his computer through gps.
 karma1160
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/21/2009 3:49:11 PM
I would most definintely say..."Hit the road Jack". It is about entitlement or the misquided perception of people that think they are entitled to the whereabouts of people they know.
 katt_411
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/21/2009 3:53:24 PM
I would drop the phone off at an S&M all-male club and yeah..., I'd never look back.
 mysweetalibi
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/21/2009 3:56:25 PM
I WOULD BE TICKED TO NO END!!! Not to mention bye bye to him and if thought it was very serious I would report it. If he didn't trust you he should have said something but that is taing it WAY WAY too far.
 clazzyroseangel
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/24/2009 7:47:35 AM
FIRST restraining order big time.......
SECOND be very scared.....if this man has to keep track of you you have cause to worry.
THIRD get rid of him and quickly......hes a controling person and you nor does anyone need that!!!!!!!.....good luck girl {been there done that and moved on!!!}
 swtsxyme
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/2/2009 9:03:54 AM
Mznobody, you are the retarded one get a life, people go through this for real it's not a joke. Nobody is bragging about stalkers you missed the whole point. People have the right to share their experience and help others in this situation. if you are not interested and why are you still here. lol.
 prfinestprice
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/2/2009 3:03:30 PM
Gosh sweetie now you have A women stalker now be careful she is some weirdo. Hope that you changed your number and all is well with you. Gotta go some of us do have a life
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:48:37 PM

Msg #114 If you see that movie mall cop their is a scene where the boyfriend is tracking his girl friend by her cell phone on his computer through gps.
Right from the trolls.. ur I mean.. Op's mouth.. I suspect this is where she got the fodder for her most recent delema.

Stay tuned for the next installment. Depending on what movie she sees next.. it may be rather interesting.

OP: if you wanted to perform a public service announcement warning about cell phone tracking and GPS.. why not just do it that way instead of instilling all the drama?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What if you were being tracked by your cell phone?