Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 db14445
Msg: 7
Does he like me or should I just give up???Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Keep letting him know you like him and maybe eventually he might come to you. Don't immerse yourself in the fact he might want to be with you. It could be that he just wants to be friends but, let him do the hard part just keep giving him cues.
 Uncompromised
Msg: 16
Does he like me or should I just give up???
Posted: 1/9/2009 4:00:43 PM
How about a happy medium? See if he will meet you half way. If he doesn't want to take the time to travel half way to meet you, maybe he's not worth the time. And have a backup plan in case he's a total jerk and stands you up. Meet him somewhere you'd like to go anyway, so if he doesn't show, you still make the trip worthwhile for you.

Maybe he's playing it cool too, tryin not to look desperate by calling you all the time.

But one thing is for certain. He is filling a void of loneliness for you right now. Don't mistake that for love... Be reasonable. Take a birds eye view of the situation and try to see it from outside of your own mind. Don't put feelings forward without them being meritted. It's irrational, and somewhat repulsive and/or threatening to some men because they don't want to be stuck with a clingy suicidal life sucking woman, (not to say that you are like that, but you don't want to come across that way).

Feel out where he's at by letting him be. This part is important! Maybe he just needs a chance to catch up. Take your time, and focus on YOU in the meantime. NEVER let that part go, as long as you live. Leaving him alone will also lower his alert level if he thinks you've been coming on too strong. He may start to wonder if you still like him or not, which re-opens the door for him to seek you out more. Some men need to be the seekers in order to apreciate what they have. What fun is fishing if they just jump right into your boat??? It's not a game, just human nature!

Oh, and if he talks a lot and doesn't listen, that could be because he's trying to impress you, or he's just nervous, or he's too into himself to be bothered with you. Figure this out by listening to what he talks about all the time. Is he talking about himself? His thoughts? You? Other people? What is he really saying to you? Where is his mind when he's talking to you? See how long it takes him to ask you about yourself. That's usually a pretty good indicator of how interested he is in you. And pay attention to what questions he asks you. Does he want to know ABOUT you? Or does he just want to MEET you? Does he want to know WHO you are, or WHAT you are? This should tell you where his mind is, and what he wants from you. But don't base this all on one conversation. It will take time. Relax, and enjoy! And for goodness sake, challenge the man! Ask him some tough questions to see if he really has what it takes to meet YOUR standards! Don't worry about meeting his!
 mysteriosa
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 5:02:13 PM
I think at least it should be a two-way thing with each of you contacting the other in turn. Two days isn't long to wait, but if he's interested he probably won't want to wait much longer than that before contacting you. Not sure about him wanting you to visit him. I suppose it depends what he meant by that, whether it was an invitation to you but of course he would take the trouble to come and see you first, or if he was just expecting you to do all the running. Him not listening well is something to bear in mind as that suggests he's not very interested and is rather self-absorbed. Relationships need to be give and take. I wouldn't panic and pursue him, but if he contacts you then respond positively. There will be others, so I wouldn't get too stuck on this one.
 ladyc4
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/10/2009 1:03:11 PM

He deleted his account on here, "because we were talking""

And then the amount of contact dropped off sharply? "Because we we talking" my ass. He got caught( or almost got caught) by the wife.
Don't get discouraged, and do not be afraid to try other mainstream sites, even if it requires a membership fee. Learn to distinguish between "personal ad" sites like match or yahoo personals, and "matchmaking" sites like eharmoney( yes I MEANT to spell it like that LOL) I ejoy PoF but if I had to accurately report my true experiences, I found that the paid sites had a better rate of actual meetings, the guy being who he said he was,and truly being available to date.
Don't let one d*ckhead cause you to shy away from what can be a lot of fun if you don't get too worked up about it...
Cindy O
 i like cats
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/11/2009 5:28:13 PM
Not worth it. Move on to someone closer to you in location and compatibility.

Red flags at this stage are reaaalllly bad.
 virtriol
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:00:56 AM
This may come out a bit harsh. But if were about to rationalise the whole thing i feel that you should concider the fact that you have known him for about 1 - 2 weeks something. My edvice would be take it easy just see what comes out of it. As for what i think its to early to redflag the whole deal. As they say rome wasnt built in a day and certainly not a relationship either. And even if he havnt gotten to the same depth of emotion about the whole deal theres nothing saying he wont.

And btw the memorys you remember is not the everyday ones. Its either the good or the bad atleast for the ones that gets some emotion into it. And really the good ones makes the life tick :D
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >