Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > Do women in Oregon ever mail first      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jw503
Msg: 15
Do women in Oregon ever mail firstPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
How can you view if my profile is on someones favorite list?
 m kaemicha
Msg: 16
Do women in Oregon ever mail first
Posted: 10/21/2009 10:42:07 PM
I've never contacted a man in a dating site or at least I don't remember doing it. Usually, I like to know that someone is interested in me before getting to know them. So, that's a no from me.
 m kaemicha
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:22:56 PM
Ok, this thread got me thinking and today I made my first contact with a guy before he contacted me. Yay!
 MissyIkie
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/23/2009 5:40:21 PM
After reading this thread I made a point of contacting a couple of guys. I didn't even get a thanks, but no thanks. I can see they checked my profile, then nothing. Also, I was contacted by someone, I responded with just the right amount of interest, then nothing. I'd be happy with a casual conversation, but it just stops. I don't understand that thinking. If someone contacts me, I respond.
 Gemguy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2010 11:58:27 PM
/Delurk
Hey,
Wildoutdoorguy and Bjswafford- congrats on finding each other! Hopefully, (God willing?) you can have the courtship and relationship you so richly deserve.
Take care.
/Relurk
 MolderA
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2010 3:44:47 PM
I really dont think they do. Atleast not in small cities. I'm sure they do in big cities, but that's probably just numbers at work. There's a hell of a lot larger pool of women in bigger cities. Here in K-Falls, finding single girls my age is hard enough, single girls i find attractive(and i'm not that picky) that will even look back at me is even harder. It doesnt help that i have a bit of social anxiety (it doesnt mean i dont like socializing, it means i'm bad at meeting new people. Once i know someone, i can talk their ears off).

I'm starting to get the feeling i'm not the most attractive person. Or i'm not likeable. Or something. Surely something is turning off every girl in this city i've ever liked...

But i digress... If you're an attractive person in a big city, good odds to get contacted first. Otherwise, if you're like me....good luck. Meh...
 MissyIkie
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/4/2010 2:15:41 PM
If men want us to contact them, then they should at least acknowledge the effort. I respond to every email I get, but I have yet to get even a "no thank you" from the people I've contacted first. I realize this isn't gender specific, but actually a case of bad manners.
 pdx_everclear
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/26/2011 7:21:48 PM
I send out emails all the time..however do not get any responses. So I think all this talk of women not responding is nonsense. I think it's a matter of the politeness of people on here and who I'm writing to, I suppose.
 imthebomdotcom
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:10:43 AM
I do :) but only if the guy has put some effort into his profile so I get a feel for his personality. There has to be a reason for me to want to email first.
 EnjoyingLife1950
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/1/2011 6:04:35 PM
Yes, I can say for a fact that I have messaged first and I am beginning to wonder if I should have as I never get a reply. Maybe however, there is something in my profile that scares men away. I would be curious to see what some of you say after viewing my profile. I know a lot of people think there needs to be a "chemistry" jolt right away, but how can you if you never see the person in real life or if you never even hear back from them. Chemistry is something that needs to be worked on. Also, I believe a picture does not tell the whole story about a person.
 mustbe4u
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/2/2011 10:15:38 PM
Hi,
I did and he was a scammer. The picture and the bio never existed. Maybe that's why.
 chaologistician
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2011 9:04:57 AM
I can't remember a single time that I've either dated or developed a relationship with a woman that emailed me first. I think that's just the luck of the draw though - it just so happened that all of the women who emailed me weren't what I was looking for. But I love it when women are aggressive! I don't think they're "sluts," just strong and know what they want. Looking forward to the day when the gender roles aren't so skewed...
 chavycha
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/12/2011 2:23:41 PM
Yes, I've received emails from several women on here which is a bit surprising given that I don't have much of a profile up at all. Most have been pretty basic 'hey, what's up? any pics? want to chat?' types, but a few have been really well thought out. Those *always* get a response, even if I'm not interested. I admit that I've skipped replying to a few of the 'hi.' sort.
 NiceGuy97415
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/14/2011 2:26:13 AM
@imthebomdotcom,

I thought I was the only one who could do the ABC's backwards. I was bored one afternoon and wanted to see if I could do it. I think I can even say the backwards faster than I can forwards!

as for the emailing thing ... I've never received a message initiating.

Heck I'm just honoured to get a view every now and then, even though that really doesn't mean anything!
I'm pacing myself anyway :)

Wish everyone luck though.

Happy in Brookings :)
 unspoiled
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2011 11:58:13 AM
Yes, they do. In my personal experience, if they do it's because they want to get it on right away and I'm not into that stuff, and likely they're very much overweight. It might be just desperation on their part.
 mikeatthebeach26
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2011 9:04:39 PM
i would have to agree but mine is more like 3:1
 Aura1shine
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/19/2011 10:15:36 PM
LOL...a comparison in a funny way but I sure do agree. Some do need more encouragement but, we think men should persue if you are interested in us. At least, you will get a No, thank you note ( if she is decent; if not, good for you and just let go because she lack of decency and manner).
 Aura1shine
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/19/2011 10:28:47 PM
Unspoiled: I think you has a misperception here. Some of the women do not want to just wait because they want to see if the person has any interest in them or not. This is a year 2011, women are more prosperous than men; stay in the same job longer than most men; and last are well educated above men. Therefore these women are very confidence in themselve, goal orient, and do not waste time in dealing with the issue. Once they see the target, they just laser sharp to the point of contact. You should be flattered. It is not an act of desperation.
 MissyIkie
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/20/2011 7:38:15 AM
Aura1shine is correct. Until I read these forums and saw men complaining that women never contact first, I would wait to be contacted. I am of a generation that men contacted first. But hey, men can be shy, hesitant or maybe haven't seen my profile, so why not contact first? And as it turns out, several have mentioned they appreciate that I contacted first. Bottom line, everyone has their perceptions and belief systems and you aren't going to get it right every time because of it.
 jeanmarie2
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 4:39:16 PM
Sure, I'll email a man if I'm truly interested in getting to know him. That's why I'm here. I look at the photos, read the profiles, think it over and email if I'm interested. I'm happier if the man contacts me first, but I also am not going to miss a chance to potentially meet a great guy if he's the shy type.
 OregonBrat66
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/11/2011 6:05:18 PM
Most women would rather you just say your not interested than to ignore them. What hurts feelings is the Ignored messages sent.
 wibby
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/12/2011 1:03:53 AM
Women email me all the time
 Seraffyn
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/16/2012 5:54:25 PM
I definitely email first if someone captures my attention. (I would NEVER email someone who took their shirt off and took a phone picture and posted it, though!)

My .02!

Andrea
 Fandango
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:43:07 PM
I sent out several messages.
 gloglo21
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/9/2012 8:21:36 PM
In my case, I've done most of the contact and yes, I agree, this is a dating site and why bother if your not willing to just meet and talk to see if there is a connection.
Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > Do women in Oregon ever mail first