Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dee4166
Msg: 996
view profile
History
Have all the really older guys given up?Page 48 of 51    (11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51)

The cure for ED is young women.

Made me laugh until I CRIED!!!! lmao

Seriously...are men NOW going to blame women for ED????!?!!?

THAT must be the problem...we're just not all ATTRACTIVE enough past the age of 25 to make an older man "hard"....
I'm certain that it has NOTHING to do with the ACTUAL scientifically proven causes of ED, right?

Like diminishing testosterone, being overweight, smoking....etc.

SURE...okay, then...we'll say THAT!!!

LMAO
 calguy14
Msg: 997
Have all the really older guys given up?
Posted: 10/12/2014 12:34:48 PM
^^^
All of the above for the men.Thinking they no longer have to take care of themselves for the women.I was five going on six visiting my grandparents at their summer cottage near Parry Sound,my petite grandmother was usually in her one piece speedo,and she rather proudly pointed out to me how she wasn't like"other women".And then she explained the movements she did to keep her figure.Still remember her vividly,and I've never forgotten what she said.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 998
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2014 12:03:36 AM

and she rather proudly pointed out to me how she wasn't like"other women".And then she explained the movements she did to keep her figure.Still remember her vividly,and I've never forgotten what she said.

We don't know what she said or showed you. How was she not like other women?

What did she say? What movements kept her figure?
 raxarsr
Msg: 999
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2014 1:44:15 AM
well.....cant speak for all men.............but i've noticed that a lot of women keep their figure by a vigorus exercise of jumping to conclusions
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 1000
Posted: 10/14/2014 3:01:50 AM
57 here and as the crow flies have run into woman in their 50s that are as unstable as you can get....or have as many animals as wild kingdom....lol....and Im no prude when it comes to animals either but do think theres a limit.....lol.....and as "mature"adults I would think WE would be tired of the games that get played.....but geuss not!.....I just keep looking and LOVE these forums!
 mitchozie
Msg: 1001
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2014 10:40:08 AM
I am pushing 75 (in a couple of months), and am a born optimist. The problem is not the women, but our culture, which worships youth, and "success". It's hard to find a woman of any age, who isn't painfully superficial.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 1002
Posted: 10/16/2014 7:05:13 AM

I am pushing 75 (in a couple of months), and am a born optimist. The problem is not the women, but our culture, which worships youth, and "success". It's hard to find a woman of any age, who isn't painfully superficial.

first off, kudos you look like you have worked hard to take care of yourself; you don't look even remotely 75.

On the second part of your statement, you have to choose who you are around. "culture" itself only showcases that which causes attention. So what is being touted as "culturally acceptable"? Is not typical for most average people (there are a ton of examples in here where people have said what is supposedly typical and what their experiences are AREN'T the same.

The same goes for character. Culture is the sellable, it's the easily marketable, it's what gets ratings. So what is spoken for in our "accepted culture"?

Frequently is MASSIVELY different than the normal when you poll the average person on the street.

In culture? Supposedly every kid starts having sex by 16. In real life? Some very much do. MANY don't. So culture does not accurately showcase kids.

In culture? Women despise men and do nothing but put them down. In real life? I know a few women like that and I have expressed difficulty hearing that, because it's disrespectful. But it's a FEW women, not most. The comedies men bashing are not funny; they are sad. So people think because it's cultural that it actually represents what us women think of men. And we, frankly, don't. It gets ratings, but it is NOT typical.

Women are supposedly easy, disrespectful, promiscuous, and vapid. And though that may be some, it is not standard average women in our culture; it is the ones on TV shows, in the magazines, the ones in movies that people want to see. But again, I know a ton of women and except for a few who actually do feel that way? It is a caricature given by culture to sell. Period.

When people learn that what is represented culture is NOT representative OF the people within our culture? I think a lot of labels will be done away with.

Because to the person above? Though there are some women that only looks and possessions matter (their own and who they interact with)? That is way less than most; where who a person is, what are their hopes, dreams, pains, difficulties? Those things matter. They CARE. And there is nothing superficial about that at all.

Find different people. Listen with your OWN filters; don't listen with the filter put there by mainstream media who shapes a TON of misconceptions. Don't judge based on stereotypes given to sell and incite.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 1003
Posted: 10/16/2014 7:20:51 AM
^^^
Cliff notes please :)

Them Magna Carta posts need a table of contents...
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 1004
Posted: 10/16/2014 6:09:48 PM
You have a Masters & can't read & understand MB's simple little post? Do you need her to Dumb it Down for you?
 Worbug
Msg: 1005
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2014 12:24:58 PM
I have been in and out of these forums since 2009 and I have to say the women in these forms have definitely changed the way I look at and treat women. I am so grateful to have gotten an inside look of how women truly think and believe and more important, what they truly think of men.

Why would any man want to date any women here is beyond me. The acerbic tone of all your post is beyond belief. I know a lot of you are just grandstanding a little here for the forums, but even at a toned down version, I find most undesirable. I have learned, from you women here in the forums, there is no difference between the “Low Hanging Fruit” and the hard to reach.

Most here bring nothing to the table outside of a sharp tongue and a boatload of bitterness, and a sense of entitlement. Most have let themselves go, and some to the extreme I might ad. You constantly make degrading assumptions concerning older men on supposed health issues and sexual performance, the constant accusations of older men seeking very young ladies, assuming everything in a man’s profile is a lie of some sort. Most of the women lack any capability of dialogue here.

The proof is on your screen, step back for a minute and actually read the post written here, yet you have to ask “Have all the really older guys given up”. In my case the answer is NO, I gave up here once I started reading these forums and realized I would not meet anyone here that would lead to anything meaningful. I think most older men have just gotten wiser and have come to the conclusion that most women are just not worth that much effort, especially on a dating site. The few men I know personally that use this site, use it for a “Booty Call”, the “Low Hanging Fruit” and stay quite busy funny enough.

Say what you will about me ladies, I don’t really care, it will fall on deaf ears. I did in fact answer the OP’s question, at from this older man, albeit with total honesty, and that’s what you get when nobody wants anything from you, is total honesty.

I don’t hate women, I actually enjoy the company of women, there are just behaviors that I will not tolerate. Does not make them wrong or me right, just means we are not a match and I dismiss myself at the slightest sign.

We are all free to act anyway we choose for the most part, but other people are not required to accept us or desire us, and people are free to disregard us for what ever reason they desire.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 1006
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2014 11:47:09 AM

Seriously...are men NOW going to blame women for ED????!?!!?

Well, sometimes the blame IS the woman ( he is with usually) just as most women blame men ( they are with) for their lack of arousal.
"If he/she would only do this or that" "be this or that"
Good grief , how many non sexual over 45/50/60 year old women and men I have met/meet that act like sexual creatures anymore is like finding a blue eyed dog with 3 ears.

No...... ALL have not given up, but as worbug pointed out, the more you read the forums the less hope anyone could possibly have. Just indulge on occasion and laugh.
Its both men and women on here that are disgustingly bitter towards the opposite sex and women seem to hate other women even more with a passion usually regarded for JR high, esp bullying the pretty, younger or slim women like they used to the fat gals with glasses/braces or home made clothes..Must be pay back time for some.

Good grief.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 1007
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2014 10:26:24 PM
I haven't "given up," but I've become a LOT more selective. I've been divorced since 1987 and haven't remarried, although I've come close a couple times.

One thing I've observed is that women close to my age seem to have a very narrow view of what they find "decent" in a man. Perhaps they're looking for someone very similar to their last SO, minus whatever habits they found annoying. Whatever they're looking for isn't me.
 ryderron
Msg: 1008
Posted: 10/25/2014 10:29:23 PM
Great post.Tho it seems the original poster no longer replies.?

I see a lot of good responses and some negative too.IMO it is a matter of perspective.

So far I have never felt like "giving up" it just seems more cyclical, periods of time when it seems like
no interest at all or never meeting anyone pleasant, to times when it felt like I was getting lots of interest.
Am I an older guy? To some people I am, while to others I might be considered a juvenile.

Good Luck everyone !!! even all you older bitter guys HAHA :)
 petula1908
Msg: 1009
Posted: 10/25/2014 11:05:25 PM
As a woman I could say exactly the same about some men. As for getting all bitter and twisted about strangers who may post on a forum, and let them change your attitudes and outlook etc, rather sad.
 cooldog65
Msg: 1010
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2014 3:59:49 AM

There was this guy who used to have a radio show years ago - some ugly, fat, old guy who constantly bragged about being able to get lots of young, hot chicks, and who constantly bashed "older women". The funny thing is, to this guy, older women meant over 25! Yes, 25! He seriously had this thing about how women after 25 were "hitting a wall". IT was a sport for him to con and lie to young girls to get them to have sex with him. He kept going on about how "older women" just couldn't get him "hard" anymore, and how women didn't care about men's looks (hahahahahs!) and were attracted to "power, money and fame". Just so gross, but he had a lot of guys out there who loved him for that. Guys like that make me laugh and sick at the same time. Especially if they are nothing to look at themselves, yet get this idea that they are OWED access to barely legal girls. Sickening.

Yes Karma...I'm a big fan of Tom Leykis. Actually the supposed wall he referred to is 30, not 25. If you called his show, it would be entertaining. Haters are always entertaining.

I haven't given up...just on an extended hiatus.
 Dee4166
Msg: 1011
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2014 4:37:24 AM

Well, sometimes the blame IS the woman ( he is with usually) just as most women blame men ( they are with) for their lack of arousal.
"If he/she would only do this or that" "be this or that"
Good grief , how many non sexual over 45/50/60 year old women and men I have met/meet that act like sexual creatures anymore is like finding a blue eyed dog with 3 ears.

Actually...speak for yourself....I still enjoy sex and have NO problem finding men that do as well...

And PLEASE tell me that you are NOT associating ED with a "lack of arousal" that a partner should provide when being sexual?????

ED can be caused by both physical/psychological factors...
If a man/woman are finding themselves trying to have sex with someone that they are NO longer/just aren't attracted to, unless they keep their eyes closed and pretend it's someone else, yes, both may experience a lack of arousal...

The actual disorder of ED is, however a PHYSICAL problem that has NOTHING to do with attraction and/or stimulation...In women, the equivalent would be dryness brought on by menopause...AGAIN, not something caused by a lack of arousal and/or stimulation....but a problem caused by PHYSICAL factors...

Women/men have been struggling with this issue for YEARS, with great frustration and feelings of inadequacy on BOTH sides, because of misinformation/ lack of accurate information, on these subjects....Fortunately today there is a greater understanding of the physical basis and some options that are available, that can really help make a difference...
Not to mention lay to rest damaging beliefs that are based on outdated ideas and misinformation....
 Tucker11573
Msg: 1012
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2014 5:53:32 PM
How real is this from 09?
 Tucker11573
Msg: 1013
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2014 5:58:15 PM
Ed is a terrible thing. I have a block when it come 2 dating for that reason. I love sex and enjoy the touch of a woman and the pill works great but it is a little killer to the mood. Love the thrill
 Demidar
Msg: 1014
Posted: 10/30/2014 6:34:29 AM
I think it is a matter of many of us older men not willing to jump through hoop after hoop ,in fact we have no reason to do so . Why would I want to be with a woman who only wants to be around if I am paying for dates . Do not need , want nor desire some one like that in my life . Last girlfriend I had was 4 years older than my self , think that was the first time I have seen these entitlement issues I have read about , no thx . I did not retire to have another supervisor .
 A_Brilliant_Disguise
Msg: 1015
Posted: 11/7/2014 4:11:22 PM
Yup.

Not willing to jump through hoops, had my kids, did the McMansion and all that stuff. Now at my time of life I am financially secure and I can do what I want I want someone on the same boat. I'm not waiting until I am 67, collecting SSI, to "live my life". BTW this is from a guy that owns a nice minivan by choice and a Harley by need. LOL.

I just don't get it. I was blessed with a LTR that led to the M word, then an LTR that resulted in 9 years of bliss. I have only been back on since 18 months after the second LTR, and people seem a lot more bitter.

I think, just based on what I see, I will wait out the cray cray that women seem to go through in their early 50's. Both my LTR's ended when women had their mid life crisis in their 30's. Yeah, divorce leaves a lot of women bitter, just visit any "friend of the court" in any given town on any given day and wonder why guys like cars...LOL.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 1016
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2014 7:10:43 PM

I think most older men have just gotten wiser and have come to the conclusion that most women are just not worth that much effort, especially on a dating site.

Worbug, I wonder then, where you find ‘your’ women? Bars? Grocery stores?

Dating sites are a great invention, you just have to screen potential dates carefully.

And “most woman are just not worth that much effort"? Really?

I’ve been lucky, I guess, Over several years, I have found there are men who do put out an effort.
 Cycling99
Msg: 1017
Posted: 11/11/2014 7:58:28 PM
Nope, we have not given up.

We just do not want an overweight, insecure, uneducated, BPD with PTSD infused, Bi-Polar, divorced at least once (more likely twice or more), separated (probably from their second or more husband), that jumps from relationship to relationship blaming others to avoid taking responsibilities, is not under psychiatric care (but should be), in need of legal medication, and-so-on, who want to be kept. Or u have the elitists...

I don't care how pretty u think u r, these issues will never go away unless u address them with ur medical doctor. Then maybe u could, later on, look for a healthy, happy relationship that goes 100% to 100%. If anyone tries to give me 50% on a relationship, I simply show them the door.

But we r open 2 the possibilities... lmao!
 MrIntegrity64
Msg: 1018
Posted: 11/12/2014 12:33:01 AM
Well, great subject. . .
Well, I guess I happen to be one of those who have essentially given up. Perhaps past experiences have left me jaded. after being burned three times it's more-than-likely justified.

Trust is by far one of the biggest hurdles, without it there is nothing. As we get older both men and women have collected their share of proverbial 'war stories'... On line dating in itself is challenging because frankly text is difficult to decipher, especially when the author doesn't possess good writing skills. This can be apply to the recipient of that particular text too...

We all 45 years plus old should know what we want. We should know by now what we should and shouldn't be doing. I do however find it difficult not to notice how some women depict themselves as successfully financially free. Most don't realize however how many women obtained their fortunes through alimony and child support payments and are able to live (sponge) their way through life, at least until their kids turn 18. Moreover, men who suffer paying this adsorbent tender cannot afford a new girlfriend, i.e. how do they afford to take them on a weekend trip. See, she can do it, she can go because primarily the financial pressure burdens the man...

Post 1968 (bra burning and liberation thereto) Women have far wanted the equality of a man's income, there are some cases wherein the woman has had to pay excessive child support and alimony: and then cried about it. Hey, you can't have it both way...

There are bitter men and bitter women out there. My best guess is Men WANT ONE WOMAN, and not necessarily a younger one (that novelty wears off quick, trust me) Contraire, they're afraid, they're afraid of being burned again!!
That is by far the most valid answer to the Authors question. "Have all the really older guys given up?" Men (speaking for myself) would LOVE to have someone their own age. Both Men and Women have to be vulnerable to each other, and that's hard to do when perhaps they BOTH may have had traumatic experiences.

I'm sure we all could use this advice: "Don't act on emotion without the benefit of intellect...

~ peace
 MrIntegrity64
Msg: 1019
Posted: 11/12/2014 12:49:55 AM

I think most older men have just gotten wiser and have come to the conclusion that most women are just not worth that much effort, especially on a dating site.

Worbug, I wonder then, where you find ‘your’ women? Bars? Grocery stores?

Dating sites are a great invention, you just have to screen potential dates carefully.

And “most woman are just not worth that much effort"? Really?

I’ve been lucky, I guess, Over several years, I have found there are men who do put out an effort.

I find in this day and age (i.e. liberation) that Women post 1968 don't really make much effort in regards to a 1st move, (1st contact) i.e. chase the guy... Men these days are becoming more and more emasculated by way of societal expectation and demand...

Dating sites are convenient, I mean, really, meeting someone at a grocery store is unheard of these days (it's too bad, things were much simpler) heck, you can't even whistle at a woman anymore without being accused of being a perv/stalker... I suppose fear is present too, I mean, speaking for myself, I've been single 10 years now and have only been on maybe a dozen 1st dates (meet and greets)

As I mentioned in another thread: "there are a lot of men who can't afford a woman anymore, (sad as it sounds) because they're bank accounts are being levied for alimony and child support.

JMO (not a hater)
BTW Becky, Are you sure you're not lying about your age? You don't look a day over 44. . . ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 1020
Posted: 11/12/2014 5:56:46 AM
Making their fortune from child support? Sponging?
I agree - better to go quietly into the dark :/ The rants are like Cableguy " I'm leaving"
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >