Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gmoneygeorge
Msg: 129
Have all the really older guys given up?Page 5 of 51    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
i've been called gramps before, and i don't like it. hell, i'am just 52. the youngers don't think that one day they too will be older.
 R2D2_1
Msg: 130
Have all the really older guys given up?
Posted: 6/22/2009 11:35:57 AM
Who changed the date on my profile? Oh, that's right; my birthday was yesterday. No more "9". I wouldn't want to be any younger. I've already lived the thirties, forties and fifties. Not interested in going back. Today, I think I'm a bit smarter then I was yesterday. I've been researching other places to live. Puerto Rico has been on my screen for the past couple hours. Sandy beaches, temps between 75-85 degrees year round. Lower cost of living. Margaritas (sp) for breakfast every morning. Much easier going life style. Social security in two more years. Not giving up here. Just expanded my search. Maybe I'll quit the law and teach for a living. That would be refreshing.
 Call me Ginny
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/22/2009 12:14:15 PM
OMG ron9...giving up at 62! Haven't you heard the 60 is the new 40? LOL.

If I hadn't found my fishie and all other things being equal, I'd definately being messaging you!

nikosau
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:39:17 AM
Hey have you seen some of the demads by 50+ women??
must be slim and athletic
look good in jeans and in suit
like the outdoors
like travel
candle lit dinners
- finacially secure - non smoker - non drinker - bushwalking - walk on beack on moonlit lit nites ets etc etc - that will go down well with some 50+ bloke who after working for 30+ years raised a family etc had the wife walk out for some stupid reason thinking that the grass is greener elsewhere
Every single man has female friends for company sex etc without the hasles
No they have not given up they are living their lives - Man are natural loners
They are just not interested
 R2D2_1
Msg: 133
Posted: 6/25/2009 7:10:39 AM
nikosau; Had to laugh. There's a whole lotta truth in what you said.
 kazzmere
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/25/2009 7:33:38 AM
My mother met the love of her life at 62. She is blissfully happy. This comes after a 25 year miserable marriage to my father, and 20 years of being single...dating (yikes! go mom!)

She met her new husband through a dating site
 Margi8
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/25/2009 7:44:45 AM
I have been looking at the posts on this thread and I have a couple of things to say.

I've been through all the roads,widowed ,at an age where most men are shy or whatever. I have met so many wonderful people on this site. Have put on functions for others to meet people and just generally have had fun. I have had my wins and losses.

Ladies: There is nothing better then the male except for our children,and I love to look at them wheither they are tall,short,skinny,fat,ugly,good-looking. Some excite me and some don't. If you keep a positive attitude and feel that every man you meet could be your next best friend then it will come to you. We all have our good and bad points and yes their are ***holes and jerks out there,but we are some of them too.

My attitude is I have my list of what I want in a man and when I go out no matter if it is at the grocery store or wherever I treat people as my friend. I am not shy about telling a man how great he is or how hot he is. No matter what the relationship we are going to have to take the good with the bad.

Hang in there ladies and gents there is someone out there for you. Stay positive
 lokeylarry
Msg: 136
Posted: 6/25/2009 10:05:13 PM
I had two women that were the loves of my life...I helped them both grow in confidence and get educated. I did such a good job they both confidently left me for guys 10+ years younger than them. Am I looking really hard? No , what I have already found in my 3 weeks of being on fish is that women don't want regular guys. I am fed up and just hanging on by a thread of hope. A thread that the next little (read and delete princess ) might just snap......then I will join that band of merry men with better things to do !
 Margi8
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/26/2009 6:40:02 AM
Mark, You are a nice looking man and don't give up when you least expect it somone will fall in your lap...I may have to move to Florida......What kind of women are you guys finding out there
 wacowboy3
Msg: 138
Posted: 6/27/2009 12:15:35 PM
OP I will never give up. I just hope I am not in the nursing home before I find that perfect love LOL
 wooliepack
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2009 6:30:29 PM
I've been wondering the same thing about women. I keep meeting perfectly nice ladies who have totally shut themselves down from romance. They've gone through disastrous marriages and other crises that they've actually brought on themselves, but never grew out of. They pull back from dating, but they never return.
 candylily765
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:24:54 PM
My dad died 4 years ago and although my mom wasn't looking for anyone, someone found her. He said he was almost afraid to ask my mom out because he didn't think she would be interested, but he decided to risk it anyway. She was scared at first when it started getting serious because she started feeling emotions she hadn't expected to ever feel again and she felt a little guilty about it. I told her I'm sure my dad wouldn't want her to be alone if there was someone who cared about her and would be good to her. My family has known the gentleman and his late wife most of our lives. Mom and her friend are both around 70. They've been dating for several months now and it doesn't appear to be slowing down any. I don't know if internet dating works for people in their 70's and older, but evidently knowing someone for years and liking them as a person still works just fine.
 My I
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/28/2009 11:16:19 AM
I'm 49 this month and I've become extremely disappointed with the ways things are. I work in an environment where I am around hundreds of women 40 hours a week. What I've witnessed and experienced through my years has been discouraging. Discouraging in the sense of what I've witnessed.... not what I've been part of/involved in.

It's not that all women are that way. But to find an unselfish partner is becoming more difficult. I have other interests that warrant my attention and I'm ok with that. I'll admit it does get discouraging at times. But, for now, I avert those feelings by spending time with my children and working a lot of overtime.

In my opinion, women have become extremely selfish and self centred in many respects. It's destructive to themself and that kinda behaviour makes me walk away from them.

It's becoming an "I want" kinda thing. It's not even an "I'd like that" thing.... kinda like a child taking a toy from another child but doesn't really want it - it's simply a selfish power struggle.

As far as dating younger guys rather than men their age..... that's a different topic.... it's kinda like the middle aged man buying a flashy sports car. Looks and feels great as long as you're not expecting a lot of miles from it.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/28/2009 11:29:16 AM

I firmly believe that older single men are single for a reason. They started out as jerks to begin with, and just got jerkier with age. That explains why they're still single!

Wow! That's harsh and most likely...wrong. And why are you still single? I'm 49 and was married for ten years. She decided in the last year she wanted a completely different life, and well...it's not like I could control her mind and say, no you don't. So now I'm a single guy and I'm no jerk. so...just sayin.

..Yes, that is harsh. There's always two sides to every relationship break-up. My husband was the one that felt life was passing him by and wanted out. When I married him I assumed it was going to be forever....hmmm, was I in for a surprise.

Men are single because of circumstances beyond thier control just as woman are.

...maeflowers
 DivineBovine
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 12:19:51 PM
i can't speak for the older guys, but i've given up.
 Ron9
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/28/2009 12:41:49 PM
No ......... I am not bitter but .........

from above:
"women have become extremely selfish and self centred in many respects"

I watched it happen over 20 years. Seventeen of those years was right here in this house.

I am not the only one that saw it. Both daughters (her girls my step daughters) also witnessed it. They have both talked to me (they brought it up, I didn't). Both girls gave up on her being "mom" and place her more of a sister or something. She just dropped all motherly instincts in her rush for me me me. (her her her) They have even caught her in blatant lies. Crap like one daughter wanted to stop by and visit her. She was told "I am not at home". The girl drove by and SAW HER at home. Other things like her friends are trumping her own daughters.

I think it all came with the push (the rush - the crowd mentality) for equality. It all went way way too far.

It won't stop in my lifetime. I can only hope, years down the road - everyone realizes - that the going way way too far has caused more harm than good. (for anyone including females)

Besides a few body parts ...... male and female ARE DIFFERENT. Instead of trying to equal (or even overrun) the other gender - we should cherish the difference.
 texasbob41
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/28/2009 4:59:17 PM
As an older guy back out there. Yup I am giving up. I am tired of being concidered by some an "coot" and yes there is a reason I am single. Because just as women say that men want younger women older women want younger men. I dont profess to know why but i guess at this point it does not matter. All this discussion about he did this and he did that and she did this and she did that. Its horse pucky. get over it get on with your lives. That is the problem people love to carry samsonite around and guess what the opposite sex doent want to hear it. Yes there is death and yes there is divorce and yes there is other issues that come up. Deal with. Deal with it, so when you go to the next relationship you dont carry it with you. I have been looking at profiles and there is one common thing I see alot and that is the following quotes " Please tell me there is one honest guy out there " humm gives you the impression every man lies. Or My favorite one "All men are dogs ". Lets be real here for a second why would i date you, you obviously are not over last relationship or you truley hate the opposite sex .

Dont get me wrong it happens with both men and women,problem as i see it is that people are not willing to admit that hey I made a mistake. Guess what i made mistakes,I am not perfect and I damn sure aint one to throw stones because if that were the case all women would be lesbians and leave their husbands for women. But I dont think that,no I beleive that everyone is different till they prove me wrong. Am I bitter hell no,I am just tired of having to deal with everybody elses relationship in addition to mine. Thats why I am single.
 farceur
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/28/2009 5:37:00 PM
I would give up in a second if I could find a way to fall on my sword that was attractive and sure to nab me a honey. But, alas, every way of giving up that I can think of would fail as a clever ploy to compel a bawdy rescue. So for now I must keep on doggedly trudging along, keeping hope alive that somehow, someway, if only I keep trying I will be rewarded by a flash of inspiration, finally able to figure out the secret of becoming irresistible as I lay down to die.

That's it. The world hates me. My heart is unloved. I must take my leave of this uncaring multitude of picky women. A man can only try so long and then he must admit defeat. O, and woe, so much love to give, such strong arms to wrap around her, and hands, I have hands, that can caress her cares away and also fold the laundry, but no, it is not to be, my fate is sealed, no tears will be shed for me as I go, unnoticed, unwanted, unappreciated, unbespoken, overlooked, died neglected on the vine of romantic wistfulness, my silent sobs unheard, as the laughter of days that might have been echo in my unnibbled ears. No, it's too late...do not leap into my arms begging me to stay, offering up your compassionate bosoms to comfort my tear streaked face, my quivering nose, nor attempt to revive my failing breath with your heated scent of unbridled passion. It's of no use, alas. I go; I must quit.

It still needs work.
 FriendlyFreeSpirit
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/28/2009 6:06:14 PM

No, it's too late...do not leap into my arms begging me to stay, offering up your compassionate bosoms to comfort my tear streaked face, my quivering nose, nor attempt to revive my failing breath with your heated scent of unbridled passion. It's of no use, alas. I go; I must quit

Oh ok then farceur, here have my bosoms, but don't leave your dribble and snot all over them, ok?
Sheesh, nothing like a man who cries unreservedly.
 readyornot57
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:16:04 PM
I really don't worry about being alone anymore.....and this thread is one aspect of the forums that can be very negative in general....the mass generalizations of segments of the population, how they don't measure up, etc
It only takes one to be your partner and then the rest who condemn don't matter.
I don't actively look often, not on a mission so to speak, but will never close my heart to the possibility of finding someone.
The bitterness in parts of this thread is just too much.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:28:03 PM

That's it. The world hates me. My heart is unloved. I must take my leave of this uncaring multitude of picky women. A man can only try so long and then he must admit defeat. O, and woe, so much love to give, such strong arms to wrap around her, and hands, I have hands, that can caress her cares away and also fold the laundry, but no, it is not to be, my fate is sealed, no tears will be shed for me as I go, unnoticed, unwanted, unappreciated, unbespoken, overlooked, died neglected on the vine of romantic wistfulness, my silent sobs unheard, as the laughter of days that might have been echo in my unnibbled ears. No, it's too late...do not leap into my arms begging me to stay, offering up your compassionate bosoms to comfort my tear streaked face, my quivering nose, nor attempt to revive my failing breath with your heated scent of unbridled passion. It's of no use, alas. I go; I must quit.

It still needs work

...Oh you poor man, my heart bleeds for you....I can't read anymore, the tears... they are blinding me.

Oh btw, it does need a little work, but hey....you could always write a country song.

...maeflowers
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:50:20 PM

That's it. The world hates me. My heart is unloved. I must take my leave...

I too have had times when everybody hates me and nobody loves me. Hey, wait a minute, maybe it's happening to me right now. In times such as you describe, I go to the garden to eat worms.
 bbwfirecracker
Msg: 151
Posted: 6/28/2009 8:10:24 PM
Hum...
No truck.... no beer ....
Nope....
No country song...

As far as giving up... I don't know about you older guys, but speaking for myself I haven't given up.
I do wonder, though, why it is that (in my experience) a guy hears that you have extra meat on your bones and decides he isn't hungry after all.
There are lots of us perfectly wonderful BBW's out there who can't get a FIRST look.... much less a second one.
 luvtoview
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 11:13:26 PM
omg............that was funny.....dribble and snot!...........help, I've fallen outa my chair and can't get back up........!!
 Levi501s
Msg: 153
Posted: 6/28/2009 11:42:36 PM
Not there yet, but unfortunately I'm getting closer as time goes on.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >