Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kbodley
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Body Shapers, Pushup Bras, Tummy Tammers - Lying or looking good?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
OMG!

Here's the bottom line! If you happen to have been graced by God with a body that is slender and lean, eyebrows that are perfectly shaped, skin that is a natural beautiful golden tan, and hair that just has the perfect mix of blond highlights - well you are likely on the front cover of Vogue!

For the rest of us, we happily rely on whatever "unnatural" enhancements make us feel better about going out each morning to greet the world. When guys ask, "are you a natural redhead?" My reply is, "Only in my soul, but my kids assure me that there should always be truth in advertising!
 aliveone1
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Body Shapers, Pushup Bras, Tummy Tammers - Lying or looking good?
Posted: 1/17/2009 7:50:32 PM
Personally, I always go for comfort above all. I overheat easily and I don't like wearing too many layers. If I did, I'd start sweating profusely, and then my hair would get drenched and screw up my artificially enhanced hair!

I have no problem with other people wearing body shapers if they want to, though. Everybody wants to feel like they look and feel good when they go out. Whatever tools a person wants to use to feel confident and sexy so they can have a good time is all right by me!
 carolann0308
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 9:31:12 AM
Here's a toast, to all the men that shove a rolled up pair of socks into their drawers before they go clubing.
 kbodley
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:30:38 AM
This reminds me of that old country song, "The Girls all Get Prettier at Closing Time"

I can tell you that I have seen a couple of the women that my brothers brought home from the bar (apparently very close to closing time) and any artificial help they could have gotten would have been noticed if my brothers had taken a closer (and more sober) look before inviting them home for a romp!

If you are meeting women in bars and taking them home for said romp, you deserve the surprise you get when the artificial leg hits the wall in the corner!
 misszmsz
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/10/2009 9:23:03 PM
I would be extremely disappointed when first intimate with a man, if he opens his pants and out pops his codpiece!

Quite the fashion statement. Until that moment it's nobody else's business what you are wearing under your clothes.
 RDY007
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/11/2009 1:22:21 PM
Wow a jump from January to May, so how bout we go back to the begining.

ly⋅ing1   /ˈlaɪɪŋ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lahy-ing] Show IPA
–noun 1. the telling of lies; untruthfulness.

–adjective 2. telling or containing lies; deliberately untruthful; mendacious; false: a lying report.

lie1   /laɪ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lahy] Show IPA noun, verb, lied, ly⋅ing.
–noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
3. an inaccurate or false statement.
4. the charge or accusation of lying: He flung the lie back at his accusers.

verb (used without object) 5. to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive.
6. to express what is false; convey a false impression.

–verb (used with object) 7. to bring about or affect by lying (often used reflexively): to lie oneself out of a difficulty; accustomed to lying his way out of difficulties.

So from the noun of lie we find a "deliberate intent to deceive". So rest comfortly as long as it's not a deliberate intent to deceive then it shouldn't be considered a lie.

Does this settle the question?
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/11/2009 4:43:47 PM
It's no more of a lie than the the guy who stuffs a sock in his shorts. If the woman he's with holds it against him for improving his appearance and making himself more desirable, then she is just shallow. (Well... Shallow might be a poor choice of words in this case.)
 barbee1970
Msg: 96
Posted: 5/11/2009 10:31:21 PM
My underwires work for me!! After my 2 sons and everything starting to sag like an old sow if I don't wear an underwire bra.

I want to keep everything pulled up. If I wear it everyday, I don't experience sag. If I stop I get the sag. Believe me, that looks worse than if I cheat a little.
 GQSunset
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/12/2009 4:00:38 PM
Wear a bikini, let it all hang out and if the guy sticks around it's true love!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:51:59 PM
I think whether it falls into the category of lying is the scenario outlined by Pssst. If things are ready to blow, it could be a significantly unpleasant experience for the man finding you in all your glory.

If the person is more wanting to even out the little bulges so she looks better I see that as little different than a pair of control top panty hose. I tried on a couple of these types of undergarments a few years ago and sorry, I don't do discomfort well. If I want to be uncomfortable I would rather have that experience trying to actually get rid of excess me than trying to cover it up by becoming a human sausage.

I do admit, I loved that scene in Steel Magnolias when Dolly parton says she hasn't been out of the house without a girdle in a couple of decades.
 Need2possessu
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 3:57:34 PM
If I know its a highly recommended strip club, I will go once in a great while. I love to see just how far some woman will go for a dollar!!! To be honest though I haven't been to one in probably 3 years or so.

My pet peeve is when a I'm getting a woman naked and as her bra comes off, I see the bra is so thick that she only has about half of what I thought was there. Its kind of like going to a restaurant and getting a half empty plate. I then have to question all other premises I have made on the relationships status.
 jacob8088
Msg: 127
Posted: 9/20/2009 12:59:54 PM
In my opinion , these bodyshapers dont work and its a waste of money. Getting off the couch and doing some real excercises might actually help.
 wings on my butt
Msg: 128
Posted: 9/20/2009 1:35:30 PM

My pet peeve is when a I'm getting a woman naked and as her bra comes off, I see the bra is so thick that she only has about half of what I thought was there. Its kind of like going to a restaurant and getting a half empty plate. I then have to question all other premises I have made on the relationships status.

Be thankful that you were able to get any woman into bed to begin with.
 open book
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 4:16:19 PM
I am reminded of the movie The Matrix. In the story, a personality can get downloaded from the actual world into the computer-program-world we think is real. In the actual world, people are dirty and hungry and life is hard. Plugged into the Matrix, the personality is free to look and dress according to what they call "residual self-image" that is an idealized, powerful version of the self. If a woman applies all the tools available to her, we can be sure she is bringing her physical body more in line with her residual self-image and is trying to maximize her powers. Is this really lying? As to when it comes off - a lot of men are just happy to get that far

I choose to do without the constant itching, discomfort, and sometimes real pain of the tools of American beauty. It is so sad that our commercial culture purposely instills body-loathing to stimulate buying. Unbeautiful, I still have a full, rich life, and sometimes great sex - so there, Maybelline!
 unsolvedmystery
Msg: 133
Posted: 9/20/2009 6:38:26 PM
I don't see why I would not want someone to make an effort to look their best.

I mean maybe if it's taken to the extreme and they look radically different without that stuff...that's one thing, but I doubt it can really help THAT much.
 amethyst10616
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 8:15:03 PM
The truth is, they don't help that much, nor slim you down a size as advertised. A shaper smooths things out so that your clothes fit nicer. I wear one daily and it is very comfortable because it is not tight. It smoothes, not squeezes. Some posters have very old fashioned ideas of what a shaper is, it is not a girdle.

I want to look my best everyday and if a man has an issue with that, then so be it.
 wings on my butt
Msg: 135
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:39:56 AM
Do you know what a woman who is a size 18 looks like wearing spanx? She looks like a size 18 woman wearing spanx. There is no real difference. The only difference can be compared to what your hair looks like before you brush it and after you brush it. You just look a little neater. So no real difference.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 138
Posted: 9/22/2009 7:14:32 AM
I was around in the 60's and 70's and I don't think it's true that "most" women didn't
wear a bra back then. True plenty didn't when it wasn't necessary. But if you were in
the work force ...you wore one if you needed one.
I'm all for the human body being a beautiful thing, but to be honest, I still have
nightmares about the woman I saw in the grocery store that was so huge she had
her boobs tossed in the child seat of the shopping cart. I'm sorry, there is nothing
(in my opinion) attractive about huge boobs swinging low and free.
There is a time and a place for everything.
But that's just my opinion.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 141
Posted: 9/22/2009 3:29:35 PM

Short guy puts boosters in his shoes to give him 2 or 3 inches. You go to get busy, he takes off his platforms and all of a sudden he's shorter than you. How would you feel?

If I don't know how tall he truly is before we get naked ~ that would be on me. Never get naked with a man in platform heals unless John Travolta shows up in his Saturday Night Fever garb. (If he's shorter than me? I'm taking pictures and sending them to Guiness. There must be some sort of award for that.)

It's a form of lying, in my book

I would assume you feel that firming night cream, mascara, teeth bleaching, salon hair-cuts, stiletto heals, anything aside from gunny sacks or su naturale and a whole slew of other "norms" for most of us are lies as well ?????
 whatever3321
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:03:25 AM
lol its lying in my book

After a woman is done putting on her heals, push up bra, tummy tucker she goes out on the town looking for a real man.
 amethyst10616
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 3:01:37 PM
All of the things we do for grooming I would hope we do for ourselves first, and if we are so inclined, then to attract the opposite sex. It is goofy so say that grooming and putting your best foot forward is lying. Should a man not shave? Should he not choose clothes that look good on him?

Shapers smooth, they do not reduce your size and if anyone believes that, they are watching too many very late night inf0mercials. A bra is for support and I cannot imagine not wearing one. I would not want my nipples to show through my clothes. I am big breasted so a bra is not an option.

If you want au natural with the bare basics, then I do hope that you do not respond to women who wear makeup in their pictures, it is simply not honest.
 PiggyT
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/23/2009 3:05:02 PM
I bought a penis extension about 6 years ago.

It's called a Harley.
Msg: 146
Posted: 3/2/2010 8:59:26 PM

Short guy puts boosters in his shoes to give him 2 or 3 inches. You go to get busy, he takes off his platforms and all of a sudden he's shorter than you. How would you feel?

I would be fine with that. I have no problem dating a shorter guy or a shorter guy who wears lifts in his shoes. Hey if women can get height out of their shoes then why can't men?
 valenciacityx
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/2/2010 11:15:50 PM
I like a girl in nylons and high heels.... that push up bra is window dressing and is on the floor quick.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 152
Posted: 9/4/2010 4:51:51 AM
if a woman wants to wear makeup,sexy clothing,shapewear,
etc.i don't think that they are misleading me or lying to me at all.i have no problem with a woman wanting to look her best.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >