Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 141
Body Shapers, Pushup Bras, Tummy Tammers - Lying or looking good?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Short guy puts boosters in his shoes to give him 2 or 3 inches. You go to get busy, he takes off his platforms and all of a sudden he's shorter than you. How would you feel?

If I don't know how tall he truly is before we get naked ~ that would be on me. Never get naked with a man in platform heals unless John Travolta shows up in his Saturday Night Fever garb. (If he's shorter than me? I'm taking pictures and sending them to Guiness. There must be some sort of award for that.)

It's a form of lying, in my book

I would assume you feel that firming night cream, mascara, teeth bleaching, salon hair-cuts, stiletto heals, anything aside from gunny sacks or su naturale and a whole slew of other "norms" for most of us are lies as well ?????
 whatever3321
Msg: 142
Body Shapers, Pushup Bras, Tummy Tammers - Lying or looking good?
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:03:25 AM
lol its lying in my book

After a woman is done putting on her heals, push up bra, tummy tucker she goes out on the town looking for a real man.
 amethyst10616
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 3:01:37 PM
All of the things we do for grooming I would hope we do for ourselves first, and if we are so inclined, then to attract the opposite sex. It is goofy so say that grooming and putting your best foot forward is lying. Should a man not shave? Should he not choose clothes that look good on him?

Shapers smooth, they do not reduce your size and if anyone believes that, they are watching too many very late night inf0mercials. A bra is for support and I cannot imagine not wearing one. I would not want my nipples to show through my clothes. I am big breasted so a bra is not an option.

If you want au natural with the bare basics, then I do hope that you do not respond to women who wear makeup in their pictures, it is simply not honest.
 PiggyT
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/23/2009 3:05:02 PM
I bought a penis extension about 6 years ago.

It's called a Harley.
 valleyguyaz
Msg: 152
Posted: 9/4/2010 4:51:51 AM
if a woman wants to wear makeup,sexy clothing,shapewear,
etc.i don't think that they are misleading me or lying to me at all.i have no problem with a woman wanting to look her best.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 154
Posted: 9/4/2010 5:34:18 AM
My mom always wore shapers /girdles for tight evening gowns.
She was a 5 foot 5 145 pounds at 65 and it made her feel slim,younger and smooth.

Back then they were heavy and horrible. Between those and her constant high heels she rocked it .

I cut out the feet of sheer energy hose for years to wear skin tight things when spandex was all we wore to concerts.

So what if it is a special occasion and you want something to look extra smooth and feel sexy..satin and nylon materials are not forgiving of any jiggles..

I want some booty pops myself ..Dang putting shoulder pads in my hose for that glitter gown on New Years..It just makes it..POP!!!! LOL

Some men complain if a woman doesn't paint enough some complain if they do.

I like natural with a bit of assistance, but not much.

I will slap your hand like a nun on crack if you try and take my mascara.PERIOD
 Bookbelle
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2010 7:27:18 AM
I've worn control underwear before. I don't see it as lying - it hardly takes anything off tbh. All it does is smooth out the lumps and bumps - it doesn't make me look any smaller, really.

It's completely obvious to anyone who looks at me that I am no competition for Kate Moss... when I wear that underwear (which is rarely, actually), I'm simply making the best of what I've got. The fat doesn't go anywhere, the underwear just smooths things out a little bit.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 158
Posted: 9/4/2010 2:38:23 PM

Look we age

Butt * snort*I always have had a un popped booty and NOW I CAN 1 night a year!!!!

There is no substitute for the real thing.

I am not altering that dress..I want my booty pops!!!!!!

No... Smoothers don't make a fat person thin but it is very nice looking at any age/size not to have juggles or a slight bump when a pair of tight panty hose holds everything in place...no lines.

I mean jiggles.

And for fawks sake people put those HH bazooms in a good bra in public.

Nothing sicker than some double H's slingin and swingin out the side of a wife beater -see through t shirt buying groceries getting tittie sweat all over the counter in August...While I pull out my check book.

Bras 10 dollar........... wally world..Something.

That goes for MOOBS too. Get some ankle wrap..something.Just tie em up.

What boo said ..I don't want to SEE them.
 mrcs84
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2010 10:35:30 AM
Let me correct this one:

* Very skinny guys often wear jeans and a tee shirt
* Very overweight guys often wear jeans and a tee shirt
* Very weak-looking guys often wear jeans and a tee shirt
* Very white guys often wear jeans and a tee shirt
* Very short men often wear jeans and a tee shirt

Seeing men go to the extremes that women do is A LOT less prevalent.

I am with some of the posters here, that have enough sense to be able to tell the difference between hygeine and making a fashion choice. Brushing your teeth isn't "lying." Cutting your hair/nails isn't "lying." We bathe because our noses aren't as developed as say a dog's nose. If a dog smells someone who hasn't bathed in a week, it's gathering information such as age health, sex, etc. If another person smells that, that person is just thinking "you stink."
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/9/2010 9:21:07 AM
That is one of the reasons I live near the beach. Hard to use these items in a bikini or a one piece for that matter.

To answer the question YES it is a lie they are portraying themselves as something their not. If I can P90X They can too!
 abelian
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/9/2010 11:38:36 AM
I'd consider body shapers and the like to be false advertising, but a pushup bra? I think of a pushup bra more as an accessory to accentuate certain types of clothing, not a general purpose body shaper.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/9/2010 11:40:54 AM
I would never wear those shoes that make a guy taller, so the body shaper thing would be a turn off to me when I discover it.
Push up bras are fun, though. As a guy you gotta realize that maybe 0.01% of females have breasts that actually look that way unaided, so you say "look, a sweet push up bra!" and leave it at that. If I had two globs of fat hanging off my chest you'd better believe I'd try to enhance them! But to tuck in my stomach? I'd rather do some sit ups, eat some veggies, and take a few walks to deal with that.
 RushLuv
Msg: 171
Posted: 11/4/2010 12:58:50 PM
What confuses me are the women that are already nicely shaped with curves, butt and boobs, yet they STILL feel the need to get the extra enhancement. Some people are never satisfied.

I don't wear push-up bras. I tried wearing them before, and they were too uncomfortable. Plus, I don't feel the need to give my breasts a boost. Never worn any body shapers, and girdles look hell of uncomfortable. No thanks.

Dresses enhances my figure, and that's why I like em.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2010 1:09:46 AM
funny ... I got a BUNCH of ads in the mail today ... (I HATE getting ads in the mail and wish the government would charge THEM as much to send stuff as they charge US to send mail so I wouldn't get so much useless paper, the world wouldn't cut down more trees or buldge higher landfills, etc.)

ANYWAY ... I got a bunch of ads today in the mail ... one was from a company that specializes in clothes for "big beautiful women" ... so ... they're flaunting their "big beautiful bodies" ... and I'm reading and looking at the pictures of those "big beautiful women" ... then I turn to about 6 pages of slimming stretchy things that look INCREDIBLY uncomfortable ... "enhancing" their bodies ...

wait a minute !!!

I thot they were PROUD of their "big beautiful bodies" ... if you're PROUD of it, ya FLAUNT it ... ya don't "enhance" it by slimming it to nothingness ...

Lane Bryant ... make up our mind!
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/16/2010 6:02:09 PM
I can spot a push up bra a mile away. My radar for push up bras, etc is calibrated very well.

Some folks look great in clothes (even w/out body enhancers) and not so good naked.

Some folks look great naked and average in clothes.

Ex gf wore a body shaper from time to time. She was a 4 or a 6, depending on the outfit. Her body was not perfect, yet I had zero problem with her body. I was hot for her even before she began wearing those body shapers around me.

Did I Have a problem with it?
Nope- because she had a really hot body anyways and all the body shaper did was make her look even sexier in certain outfits.

So I was fine with it- didn't have a problem with it- and of course when she'd wear it (with the right outfit), my eyes would only bug out of my head by a miniscule amount more.

Yet when took it off- they'd bug out 100 fold.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/17/2010 12:52:20 PM
^^^ I know, right?
Men are more akin to just let it all hang out and not give a damn. Thank you, ladies who focus on personality, say the beer and junk food manufacturers.
Because of you, us men can still be fat slobs and get laid, while said manufacturers rake in the cash.

America rules!
 carolann0308
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2010 1:01:56 PM
One of the BFs single buddies (52) came by to show off his new motorcycle last week. He'd been going to the gym, dating 25 year olds and had his hair dyed so dark it looked like he had a ferret on his head.
 RushLuv
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/17/2010 1:13:16 PM

A lot of the men I've dated could've used a mirdle. I'm just sayin'....

This reminds me of a time when I was working at Domino's, and a man dropped in wearing a jacket vest with no shirt underneath. He had the biggest boobs I have ever seen on a man, and I badly wanted to tell him to put a bra on, but, of course, that wouldn't have been appropriate.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/17/2010 3:55:23 PM

mmmm body shapers are awesome - they just smooth things out a bit!

so long as its a little bit....great....

of course- i prefer women with tight, hard skin need less smoothing.
 MsMicki
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2010 5:16:59 PM
I tried a push up bra once.....felt like my breasteses were about to fall out every time
I leaned over! No thanks......I'll stick with my minimizer bras!

And I always wondered what a woman would do if she had one of those
body shapers on and then got lucky!
Now I know.....go in the bathroom and remove it so he don't see it!!
 amethyst10616
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2011 12:40:23 PM
I resurrected this thread only because of the make-up thread and how some women see any kind of enhancement as deception. I do not agree and while I think the best way to deal with excess flab is through diet and exercise, a good pair of Spanx is a girl's best friend:) Even thin ladies look better when there is no jiggle in their wiggle, IMO.

I think is very rare for undergarments to make you look thinner, I think what they do instead is to provide some support where needed. I am big-breasted and the shaper I wear helps hold my girls in place all day, therefore saving lots of strain on my back.

There is nothing to hide when our clothes are off:)
 Sherlock101
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2011 7:23:06 PM
I was dating this girl when I was younger for about 6 months. She did school during the day and a coc*tail waitress a few nights a week. One day while working I just happened to be near her Apt and since it was almost noon decided to stop by. She was still in her robe when she answered the door and her eyelids looked kind of pink. . I looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, are you sick?" she smacked me and told me she had just gotten up and didnt have any makeup on lol...
 romancemann
Msg: 193
Posted: 3/28/2011 8:12:22 PM
all i can say is if she looks like she has a big set of headlights they better be big when the bra comes off or i'm gonna be VERY DISAPPOINTED.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 194
Posted: 3/29/2011 12:52:35 PM
I always thought the name WonderBra was perfect. Sure. It does wonders for a ladies presentation; but, it also leaves a guy wondering WTF just happened when it comes off.

view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2011 2:02:28 PM
http://seehere.blogspot.com/2006/08/celebrities-without-makeup.html

I know the link is make-up specific, but people are being SERIOUSLY lied to.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >