Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 2
whats wrong with mePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Sounds like he just didn't want to deal with the distance, or liked you but not enough to drive the distance, or both. It happens.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 4
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/11/2009 2:15:50 PM
Msg~1...all he wanted was friendship and sex....

Am I missing something, didnt you answer your own question?

He wasnt ready with YOU...

Im really not trying to be harsh, but you are 38 y.o. Where have you been for the last 38 years?
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 6
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/11/2009 2:16:34 PM

why did he say he wasnt ready but then met someone else and doesnt want to see me anymore but wants to be my friend,,,im so hurt

he just wants to keep you on the back burner, tell him you have enough friends and drop him like a bad habbit. Do we have to spell it out for you?? he's a player.
 ladeyday
Msg: 8
view profile
History
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/11/2009 2:21:02 PM
There's nothing wrong with you. But if the guy said he only wanted sex & friendship, then perhaps, if that wasn't your goal, you should not have gotten involved to whatever depth that you did. At least he seemed as if he was honest about it up front. It truly may have been the distance thing from the git-go.
Next time, make yur expectations guide you, rather than his.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 9
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/11/2009 2:21:32 PM

He's not a player, he never lied to her. He told her he only wanted SEX and FRIENDSHIP from her. He wasn't ready for a relationship...with HER. He doesn't even want to keep her "on the back burner," he NOW told her he only wants to be FRIENDS with her, nothing more.

That does NOT make a guy a "player."

I know twice as much as you do about players...I use to be one...and you can take that to the bank.....

the guy is a PLAYA!!!!!!!!
 Write Time
Msg: 10
view profile
History
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/11/2009 2:25:39 PM
I'd say the question isn't 'What's wrong with you,' but rather 'what's wrong with him?'

Telling you one thing and acting another way entirely shows that you were dealing with a dishonest guy. And know what? You can do better.

Write him off & move on.

Good luck to you!
 casperella
Msg: 11
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/11/2009 3:12:39 PM
He's tired of making out on the telephone, cuz your so far away from him.. I love that song....
 curlygrl
Msg: 12
view profile
History
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/11/2009 3:20:38 PM
There is nothing wrong with you.
You are gorgeous. He was honest- he is not ready for
a relationship- with you. Thats all.

The girl that lives close- well she can satisfy his need for friendship and
sex. You, well you are three hours away. He wont be able to explain
to his wife why he was away for so long, she is more convenient.

Get it? Good- not you honey. Him. Get it out of your head.
Handsome, and funny- no, stupid and slimy.

Usually and from experience if a Man is into you and all the right
variables are in place like he is indeed single- he will move moutains.
The only time distance like three hours is usually a problem is because
he has something else going on. There are weekends and there are weekends
without the kids.
Am I reading into it- probably but then again, probably not.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/11/2009 4:35:03 PM
Sounds like you went into it knowing he just wanted sex and friendship.
Annnd... that's what you got.
The only thing "wrong" is that you expected more.
 c_deacon
Msg: 16
view profile
History
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/11/2009 10:43:58 PM
And does that mean that when you get what you wanted, you are done and the Karma gods will bite your ass?.........

Why do we make more of all of this than it is? Life happens, and you tried, he tried, and guess what.......you live in a place that does not work as much as someone that lives closer......

I have had women state that I am here, and if you want me, come here and get me, but would not even consider doing the same for me. I had one woman state to me that she very rarely comes to my side of town or area, and even though interested, it would have to be me to make it happen.

I will miss her.......

Just my opinion......
 RobertKoi
Msg: 18
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/12/2009 7:55:16 AM
"i met this guy on here, he is funny, gorgeous, and did i sayfunny...............all he wanted was friendship and sex....we met had thoe most awesome time, he said he wasnt ready for a relationship...he texted me friday ad sdaid he met someone else and really likes her....yes i live 3 hours from him, and this girl lives in his town.....why did he say he wasnt ready but then met someone else and doesnt want to see me anymore but wants to be my friend,,,im so hurt."

Well, you agreed on the terms - sex and friendship. Does that sound even near something serious. Also, since you DID agree to see him despite what he'd said, I guess you wanted it as much as he did. Stop whining. The guy probably fvcks anything that walks on two legs. The game rules to that kind of relationships are hardly worth thinking about - you're either in or out. When it ends it ends. At the end of the day we're all human and feel hurt when the joyride ends, but that's part of the game.
 kpooks
Msg: 21
view profile
History
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/12/2009 10:16:03 AM
omees: He just wants to be HER friend and f--k buddy too. He'll leave her for somebody else too.

There's nothing wrong with you (you're gorgeous and seem very kind), you just fell for a serial dater. Some guys simply don't have the romance gene--it's not in their blood. Avoid the next guy who says he wants a "friend with bennies" and look for someone who actually enjoys spending quality time wooing you.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 23
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/14/2009 1:40:54 AM
Let's be honest here. If before you guys "got together" you talked about who would move in to who's apartment if things went great then you oth were serious otherwise you played house or fairytail land for a weekend. I like almost 20 years ago had a vendor that ended up becoming really close. he lived 3 hours away. i drove out to spend the weekend. we were like almost best friends. the only reason this didn't work was he was too heartbroken about his exwife dumping him, crying alot, and really wasn't ready for a relationship so i stayed one of his closest friends. but unless you both discussed it, living together MOVING then it was all just fake world.
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 26
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/14/2009 5:47:43 AM
Not all men are that honest! At least he told you want he wanted. Sex with you in a non commited way, like coming by next month for a redevous. You need to live with your own decisions in life! Enjoy while you are still attractive to guys.
 mysteriosa
Msg: 27
view profile
History
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/17/2009 8:15:48 PM
Edited post
 robernj
Msg: 31
view profile
History
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/18/2009 11:59:23 PM
He's not a player, he's not a jerk, there's nothing wrong with you, there's nothing wrong with him.
Your'e great, he's great, everyone's great....I bet the new girl he met is great too. She is also not 3 hours away, so I'm not seeing the issue.(personally I wouldn't drive 3 hours to meet the pope, let alone a date.)
 abelian
Msg: 32
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:06:39 AM
Well, let's put it this way. You live 3 hours away from him. You found each other attractive and had sex. You don't live close enough to turn that into a relationship. I wouldn't drive half that distance, except for a fun overnight every now and then. If I found someone closer, the fun overnights would not be my priority. What he wasn't ready to do is committ to a relationship that would be at best, part time due to the distance. If I'm going to be in a relationship, I'm going to want to be around her quite a lot.
 cfb62
Msg: 33
view profile
History
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/19/2009 7:39:35 AM
This is just part of dating.
There is nothing wrong with you.
I'm sure with this guy, you should thank God for unanswered prayers.
Something's just not right with him.
 urmysweetheart
Msg: 35
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/24/2009 6:38:16 PM
Nothing is wrong with you at all. A women is a whirlwind of emotions, that is a good thing. It all has to do with the total reproductive nature and further related to humans. If women did not have these swings of emotion we would most likely not be here reading this today. Setting all that aside you need to focus on you and your kids only and not be placing pictures of yourself in minimum clothing pictures. You have kids and your kids could someday see those photos and be hurt by them because they would not understand what you yourself do not understand at this time. Please post pictures you and yours would be proud of, stand tall and proud no matter how tough it get because it's going to get much tougher out here and there before this american soup line disappears. Don't for a minute confuse your self worth with the condition of the economy as many of your perspective mates my want to be next to you but can not bring themselfs to that because they know they would only be fooling them selfs and you. This is the type of situation that many men and weman are faceing right know. So all I am saying is there is nothing wrong with you, it's not your fault that over 16 years ago corporate America and our government sold the USA out with NAFTA and Free Asian trade agreements. So now finally with most people unemployeed, people aren't making alot of dates. Keep trying but try places you would not think of normally, like the mall, Publics, the car dealership, the hardware store, etc, etc. Be creative.
 steeler49
Msg: 36
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/24/2009 11:29:08 PM
same thing happend to me last 2 met hit off then they dropped me .kissg hug hold hands sex then excuses bye bye hah last 1 said wasnt her type after 2 dates kissg hugging sex both said not not just sex and 1 at xmas was christmas time so boght her gift neclase and she said never take off show everbody then bye bye hahhhhh game playing
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 37
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/24/2009 11:39:03 PM
Because some men are just plain lazy! Some would rather have a greasy burger from a dirty diner across the street than travel a distance for a 5 course gourmet meal.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 38
whats wrong with me
Posted: 1/25/2009 6:02:52 AM
It happens and it sucks and there is a tendency to dwell on the why's and what if 's but you have to force yourself to realize that (for whatever reason) he wants to pursue someone else (his loss , clearly!) . Although the post above me is quite well, umm , blunt? there are some valid points in there - the first being it's sometimes easy for single people to jump the gun and get too excited and thinking about the future with someone too quickly because they've had a good first couple of dates etc, I always try to just view dates as what they are - a fun night out getting the chance to get to know someone a bit better, seeing if the chemistry is there etc. If it is ,you hang out again and go from there, if it's not - or worse - the attraction is one sided (one person feeling more than the other) you should also just move on , because you (and all us single ppl!) deserve a person who is as into us , as we are them!
 Septimus
Msg: 40
whats wrong with me
Posted: 3/23/2009 3:57:41 PM
>>>> But it's like my uncle says.. Whenever one slips away, theres another swimming around you. <<<<

Your uncle has never tried internet dating apparently.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >