Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 31
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00pm @ FunkyTownPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Yes... if someone posts an event and gets the date, year or day wrong. Or has a typo or any kind of error what so ever. They cannot fix it. The only way to fix it is to repost it and have the bad thread deleted... So yes the headline must be correct, or it causes big problems .
 Natte2
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00pm @ FunkyTown
Posted: 2/2/2009 3:43:24 PM
I haven't been in funky town for at least last7 years. I didnt like it that time, plus I didnt see any real parking lots there. Can you tell me is the place have been changed over past years, or it is the same?
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 33
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00pm @ FunkyTown
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:27:55 PM
They closed during the summer and remodelled. All new bathrooms, new roof, new carpet. Removed the old pinball machines. The stairway to heaven area now has regular tables and chairs like a restaurant and is a reserved only area. It is also now non-smoking so you have to go out on the back deck to smoke. They also laid down new asphalt on the parking lot. Plus some other small fixes and changes. What was it that you didn't like 7 years ago?
 Natte2
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 5:49:25 PM
I didnt like crowd too much and parking lot. Also i remember we had problems to find it. I dont go this way very often. But again, it was long time ago, i don't remember all details...
If i decided to come over where can i find this group?
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/2/2009 6:23:23 PM
On this day I have 100 seats reserved, and they will be marked POF or Plenty of Fish. Friday nights aren't as busy as a Saturday, so there is no problem finding us. The parking lot has been redone, the crowd tends to be older... 35 and up when our group is there. And if you use the address I posted and use Google map, it will take you right into the parking lot. Use Google maps and the satellite view, and you can see FunkyTown. You can do it ahead of time to make sure it works and if not get back to me. Also, I am sure that some of the ladies that will be attending would contact you and work with you on making sure you find it and find us if you wanted. Oh... and anyone that tells the cashier this night they are with POF gets $1 off the cover charge and they keep track of how many POFer's come and they can also show you where the group is.... you just have to ask them.
 cdb11696
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2009 9:03:47 PM
Sounds like this is one I need to come too. I only wish I could. Enjoy folks
 August_wind
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/6/2009 3:07:16 AM
I'll be there... can't wait to meet you Pixie ; )
 hodgky
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/7/2009 6:01:47 AM
Newby to the group - I will look for and find (is it Nate? from the threads) first and introduce myself.

If you see me say Hi.

Look forward to meeting some new people that I hope become friends.

-- Rob --
 19dru64
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/7/2009 6:28:39 AM
Hi Rob--I am a newby too--I went to my first event last week at RG's and everyone was so nice and made me feel very welcome!!! You will be among a great group of people and it's a lot of fun!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/7/2009 10:31:38 AM
83 signed up and climbing... Looks like, we are going to have another great FunkyTown turn out. Make sure to read the main post from top to bottom. There are some really good info and advice in there. And don't forget that everyone gets $1 off their cover charge if they tell the cashier at the door they are with the POF group. And if you happen to bring friends or family that aren't members of the POF site. Just tell the cashier they, or you are with the group and you'll get the dollar off also . Spread the word, invite anyone and everyone your chatting with to come out and meet you and join the group. This is a good safe way to meet those you've been chatting with.
 gysmo
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/8/2009 12:09:25 PM
finaly i have a evning off i will be there it was fun last time so it i will be fun this time
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/8/2009 12:26:51 PM
OK... glad to see a lot of new members signing up to join us this night. Even though this is the Anti-Valentine get together, don't think for one second that if you have a significant other or are dating someone that your not welcome to join us, because you are welcome. Everyone and anyone, member of POF or not is welcome to join this group get together. So bring your friends and/or relatives out with you and have them join the fun with us. And please don't be shy and sit in the corner because we won't know who your are and most likely you won't meet anyone this way. We don't bite... well maybe some of us do in the right situation , so jump right in and say hi. We don't wear name tags and but the tables will be marked POF or Plenty Of fish. We do have 100 reserved seats which you will see takes up almost 1 half of the club so when you grab a table, try and grab one close to other tables with other members. This is a really great way to start off meeting people.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/8/2009 7:40:35 PM
I just added a map off of Google maps giving everyone an idea of where FunkyTown is located. This may not be enough info for some of you so you'll have to use Google maps to get directions from your individual locations but this is a general look of the area.
 wildcatch
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 11:07:25 AM
Yes I agree with you that unless you have a significant other that this is just another day for us single people. I hope POF reserved the tables in front by the dancing floor. Wow there are alot of people signed up so it should be a fun night for everyone. See you in a few days.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/9/2009 11:45:38 AM
I don't get to pick which tables they give us but from experience, we usually get everything on the far side of the joint from front to back. Friday's aren't as busy as Saturday, so they give us a pretty good variety. However, the seats are only held until 9pm so make sure you get out there and grab a table early .
 dancenightly
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 7:28:16 PM
105 & counting,its time WE,Peggy & I signed up, MR. Moonshine with the little brown jug,I will see you --------------------- lot,Got my boogie shoes ready,lets get down tonight,SEE YOU ALL NEWBIES & OLD FRIENDS,WHERE IS TOM? DO I NEED TO BRING SOME pom-poms for TOM?
 noooothanks2011b
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/12/2009 10:58:14 AM
I was planning to attend this time, but got snagged for a babysitting emergency for a friend. DOH! Go out with POF or make $50. Hmmmmmmm. See you next time?
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/12/2009 3:32:42 PM
Let me see....

FunkyTown vs Big Smith and old fogy hillbilly music...

Brent... I hope you have a good time at the Blue Springs hootenanny, but I think most of the women with teeth would rather dance to the tunes played at FunkyTown. Now I could be wrong, but I doubt it . Now if you want to join us great but let's try and keep this thread upbeat and on topic....
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/12/2009 3:38:18 PM
I am seeing and hearing from a lot of members who are planning on attending their first event. Just as a reminder. Please read the main post from top to bottom and pay close attention to the time and location details... the seating, cost , dress code and all of the notes. If you do this you can't go wrong and should have a good time. In addition, just a bit of advice to all those women that will be checking out FunkyTown for the first time. The best color of top you can wear in this place is white .
 marriohkgs
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/12/2009 3:54:45 PM
I have never been to Funkytown. I love music and enjoy dancing and am looking forward to a good time!
 kat_in_kc
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 8:28:44 PM
It's a maybe for Mark and me. Been feeling a bit under the weather and might just need to rest up. But if all goes well tomorrow, we'll see you all there!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:49:34 PM
Just given some shit Brent .

Ok ladies and gents. It isn't to late to make those plans to get out of the house and join us Friday night. You don't even have to do anything if you don't want. Come out, meet some people, drink a little, chat a little and do a lot of people watching if nothing else. And you can see some pretty good things at FunkyTown some times . Let's keep spreading the word and trying to grow the attendance. If everyone planning on coming out would check out the new users and not yet viewed searches and sent out an invite to join the group to everyone that sounded interesting, we could grow this thing even bigger... Time for me to haul my ass off to bed and get rested up for tomorrow night. The countdown is on....
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/13/2009 11:15:35 AM
OK all you Olathe area members coming out tonight. We have a member that wants to come out tonight and wants to carpool. I would just love to go pick her up myself, but then we probably wouldn't make it to the event . Any way, if there is anyone coming from the Olathe area (female) that wouldn't mind helping this gal out, please get a hold of moogee and see what can be worked out...
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/13/2009 3:23:55 PM
What a lame ass excuse . It's a hard snow and it isn't even sticking to the ground. It is melting as it hits the ground . Don't let the weather stop you from coming out and having a good time...
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/13/2009 4:05:39 PM
For all those that might be worried about the weather... I just checked out the live radar and the hourly forecast. It looks like all the precipitation is past us. Some parts of Independence and KC are still getting the end of it but the chances of participation throughout the rest of the night is only 10%. Don't let the weather keep you in. We try and I say try to take care of our own, so we won't let anything happen to anyone or let them get stranded. Like I say, we try and take care of our own.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00pm @ FunkyTown