Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 catman50
Msg: 46
One night stand...any chance he'll call?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I still wish the girl I had that one nighter with was still with me . THAT why I hate one night stands / leaves you wanting more . IF , I had her phone number . I WOULD be calling .
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 48
One night stand...any chance he'll call?
Posted: 1/22/2009 10:02:06 AM
I'm thinking the guy wants to like you, but you're making it hard for him to do it. You snapped at a very clear (To me.) joke. He explained it to you, and left the ball in your court. He's probably thinking, "Too bad she turned out to be crazy. I kind of liked her."
 cfb62
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 11:34:39 AM
If you don't hear from him, I'd bet it's more because guys in their 20s, for the most part, are just looking for fun. Don't take that personally. You had a great time, Good for you and don't beat yourself up about it. It's not like you're some 18 year old who still believes Mr Right's going to ride up on a white horse.
It's 2009 for God's sakes, you're not a slut, you're a big girl who had fun.
 patyeo
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/22/2009 1:00:58 PM
When I'm writing my reply its the 22nd OP posted on the 12th, that's 10 days, plus how however many before she posted, I hate to be negative, but He would have called by now if he was really into you. It happens, heck he might still call but chances are, he won't. Don't beat yourself up about it, you had fun right? think of it it as having fun, let it go.

I am also confused by people saying their relationship started with a one night stand, maybe I don't know the meaning as well as I thought but One night stand seems pretty clear cut ONE NIGHT STAND, not the same as sex on a first date, I had sex on a first date with a guy I dated for two years, didn't have sex with a guy for several dates, only to never get a call after sex happened. Dating is tricky!

My advice don't think about it too much, if you really want to see him, pick up that phone and call, expect the worst, hope for the best. Life goes on regardless of what happens with him.

*edit* just read about the text messaging, hm, I'm going to go out a limb and say you'll probably end up FWB (friends with benefits) Which is fine, if that's what you want.
 TallAndDark68123
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 1:16:09 PM
You made it through law school so I think you can handle making a call. Where is it written the man makes the call? If you really like the guy and think he may be worth the long distance relationship you need to have an adult conversation now about how you want to proceed. Why leave the door open to having doubts later?
 RobertKoi
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/22/2009 1:19:25 PM
Unless it's bull$hit she made it through the indoctrination process and probably sat with her legs crossed for 4 or whatever years and recently experienced her first intercourse.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/24/2009 9:44:27 PM

This past weekend, I was set up with a date for a friend's wedding. The guy is a family friend who I have known casually for a while, but I hadn't spent any real time with him before. I was dreading it (thought it might be awkward), but he and I ended up having a great time. we had very similar senses of humor, and we work in the same field. We drank and talked to whole night, and (very late in the evening) we ended up having sex (several times) at a nice hotel downtown. The sex was AMAZING. But I think I may have acted a little awkward in the morning...I was a little embarrassed to wake up in a hotel room with this guy.

He and I are both lawyers in our late 20's.

I have never had a one night stand before. I actually like this guy, and he seemed to like me. He said he would call. And, even though he lives in another city, both of us can travel quite easily.

So, my question is: do guys ever call after one night stands? Guys--have you ever ended up dating someone after something like this?

Thanks for any insight!

One night stands in todays world is stupidity at its highest level; i'm sure he's rarely had sex;

and yes; he will call you with sweet nothings saying how amazing you are.

how immature can you get. Your not a kid;
 Leeanne
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 4:57:02 AM
Sounds like he's a very insensitive type - you are not going to get much more from him than you have already gotten - and that ain't much! If I were you I'd play it really cool and give him a chance to redeem himself - if he doesn't - he's not worth worrying about!
 FortyFine44122
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/25/2009 8:50:42 AM
"One-night-stand" is the most funny thing. The more you like your date, the less chance you'd have sex too soon...or even kiss right away for that matter. If you like someone - you don't have sex on the first date, because both of you know from the start - it's for fun only.

Even if he'd call me - I'd still consider him "good time only" and I know 100% - this is nothing serious..so does he.
WHY? Because you gonna ask yourself if he's doing it every time he's drunk, or like someone, or she's drunk...or whaever. Do you really want to have relationship with someone like that?
 CompuG8r
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/1/2011 8:26:45 PM
One night stands aren't necessarily a bad thing. I managed to say the right thing to a girl one night many moons ago and wound up waking up at her place the next day. From there we continued to date, wound up married and spent several years together. Here was my very clever line, "Would you like some company." She said yes and the rest was history. I met her in a bar. "Life is like a box of chocolates..."
 nicepisces
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2011 8:52:20 PM
hi to caroline1981,
write him a line right away explaining your discomfort re your own (and maybe his) behavior, and that was not at all your ususal style.
He may also be in a quandry about what happened. There is no downside to doing this as it will demonstrate what you are made of.
 whatevs_meh
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/20/2011 9:48:30 PM
hi to caroline1981,
write him a line right away explaining your discomfort re your own (and maybe his) behavior, and that was not at all your ususal style.
He may also be in a quandry about what happened. There is no downside to doing this as it will demonstrate what you are made of.

Damn skippy there is a downside. He'll think she's nuts to call about something that happened three years ago.
 olesailorman
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2011 9:56:26 PM
Unless something really went wrong during the evening, I'm the type of guy who, if I liked you well enough to have sex with you, would want to see you again. So I'd call.

Since I've never had sex with a woman that I didn't like, just for the sake of sex, I can state this with some certainty.

One of the few exceptions to the above was an experience with a woman that I had many years ago. I basically discovered that she was a closet alcoholic. The whole experience wasn't enjoyable so I never called her again.

Doug
 tensail
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/12/2012 10:05:08 PM
only within 24 hrs or its not a 1 niter!
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/12/2012 10:41:51 PM
This bloke has been known to.

Has led to several relationships.

Have also had ONS's where we've both enjoyed just being in the moment and left it at that.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/12/2012 10:48:40 PM
A one night stand is that when they dont call again. A drunken tryst in a hotel after a wedding, not likely.
 bamaguyforu
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/12/2012 11:01:12 PM
He might....he might not. A one-night-stand does not disqualify a relationship any more than it qualifies it. There is either a connection deeper than sex or there is not, that's all there is to it, and there is nothing you can do to change it. I wouldn't worry too much about it because you will never change what is.
 joemetro3
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2012 2:09:54 AM
he'll call if he liked it.
 Maggie__x
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/26/2012 7:32:47 PM
I recently had a one night stand and the guy still talks to me but it ended up being a friend thing, sort of fwb. I didn't want anything more from the guy, its easier to cut it off.
 cocoicet
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/26/2012 7:37:21 PM
HHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA,,,, DID YOU DATE THE SAME DUDE I DID?
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:30:02 PM
If he really liked you, you would not be on here wondering. And that is a FACT. He would of called/texted and emailed you. A guy doesnt have sex with a woman he likes and then disappears, unless he got what he wanted OR he is already hooked up with another woman.
NOW if he does call it is only to see if he can get past your defenses and have u again...or some variation of that.
 NBS707
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:42:12 PM
Sorry that you're going through a rough time over this. Why didn't you exchange telephone numbers before you left each other? I think you would be happy moving onward. It is already Wednesday afternoon. How long do you plan on waiting for the phone to ring? Sometimes life sucks. Wishing you the best of luck.
 want to travel
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2012 12:47:20 PM
I had a one night stand that lasted 7 years
hell, I married her lol
 MDIYM59
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/11/2012 3:08:37 PM
While most will say no I guarantee there are many happy couple not on this site who jumped in the sack before it was wise, but it worked out. Or think of it this way, waiting doesn't guarantee a successful relationship either. If it did, no woman would ever sleep with a man until the magic waiting period was over.

One of the best relationship I ever had was with a woman I slept with soon after meeting her, one of the worst was with a woman that I didn't sleep with right away. If you both like each other it may still work out, if not, lesson learned and you had great sex. Which unfortunately you may not have with Mr. Right. Lifes funny that way.
Good luck
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >