Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Lentil Soup...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Lentil Soup...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Lentil Soup

1 bag of lentils....put in a collander and run hot water through for about 1 minute
1 cup of small carrots or cut up carrots
1 cup cut up celery
2 large onions, sliced and sauteed in OLIVE OIL...(olive oil is the secret)
Bacon bits to taste (about 1 small handful)
Salt/Pepper to taste
Couple of chicken boullion cubes.
1 package of frozen or fresh spinach the last 15 minutes cooking soup

Put all this in a pan with the sauteed onions and cook until lentils are soft....Delicious...
Can add rice if you choose...Very healthy....and a cheap meal full of protein and iron...
 junipermoon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Lentil Soup...
Posted: 1/14/2009 6:02:18 PM

and the GRAINS of PARADISE are???????

seeds of the perennial aframomum melegueta. they have a peppery flavor, with flowery undertones and a cardamom-like aftertaste. i'd just go ahead and use cardamom.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Lentil Soup...
Posted: 1/14/2009 8:33:57 PM
Sorry...lol....Liquid...yes there is liquid!!!.....Fill the pan, soup pan 3/4 filled with water...could I edit this recipe to add the water??? Maybe, they will catch on. lol...I typed it late last night in a foggy state of mind...Sleepless in Buffalo...lol...
Yes, PEOPLE< Add Water......!!!! and Boil. Stir to make it not stick...... enjoy....
 KINGFUGLY
Msg: 4
Lentil Soup...
Posted: 7/9/2009 11:08:35 AM
There are different types of Onions, you say 2 large can you specify??? I was thinking more convenient... small & sweet -like Pearl Onions, ever try using this?
 KINGFUGLY
Msg: 5
Lentil Soup...
Posted: 8/1/2009 5:10:53 PM
does anyone read this?
I asked which type of Onions? some say large, some say medium, well? There are different type of onions, Did you read my post above or do people just write without reading other posts? Maybe I been restricted and my posts don't get submitted....
~k/f
 texasbaby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Lentil Soup...
Posted: 8/1/2009 5:18:32 PM
King ~ Use what you like best, in my opinion. Why not use pearl onions if that's what you like? It's cooking, you know everyone makes a recipe their own,, it's just a guide..

tb
 KINGFUGLY
Msg: 7
Lentil Soup...
Posted: 8/7/2009 11:24:09 PM
Thanks for your reply... I realize it is cooking & we can put whatever we have available... I wanted to make sure you didn't leave out a key type of onion from your recipe... I can be very specific on types because there are so many flavors especially with Onions not to drowned out the soup with onion flavor. I will try the scallions, that seems good, but I won't put them in til last to keep some of the flavor. The pearl onions are not so pungent, but sweet, and small, so that when you eat the soup you dont get a half or quarter of onion in your mouth, way too much onion for me or in my mouth at once, & too difficult trying to cut it with a spoon. ~k/f
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Lentil Soup...
Posted: 10/20/2009 7:20:23 AM
Now is Crock Pot season. Pull out the crock pots and start the soup! Mmmmm, all kinds for a cold day and share it with others at a pot luck. Feed your kids friends when they stop by. Soup goes far...
 jojoaus
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Lentil Soup...
Posted: 10/21/2009 1:44:40 AM
Vampiel.. I put lentils (red ones) in my spag sauce. My non veggo lodger (read meat eating teen) prefers it to the meat version.
On topic.... will find my dahl soup recipe soon and post it. Tis very yummy....
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Lentil Soup...