Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What have you learned about online dating here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cleocat218
Msg: 351
What have you learned about online dating here?Page 15 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Very true, sad but a bit funny too. I also seem to attract misfits. Lawyers, dentists, accountants, all professionals, but all nuts!! The dentist only wanted to "spank me" online, and talked of being kinky, so I told him to go away. Going to the dentist will never be the same The lawyer only wanted to "relieve himself" while online ,ugh! I know a lot of lawyers, but he was a pig, and didn't leave me alone! You get what you pay for, this site is not good for finding quality it seems.
 life_of_leisure
Msg: 352
view profile
History
What have you learned about online dating here?
Posted: 7/7/2007 8:32:11 AM
cleocat218, it only seems kinky the first time.
 Time_less
Msg: 353
Posted: 7/7/2007 9:30:21 AM
That the men I see on here that are my closest match are at least 500 or more miles away.
 jan_fobia
Msg: 354
Posted: 7/8/2007 9:54:35 AM
I've learned not to take anyone too seriously on here until you have actually met them and even then you cant take them too seriously .....Guess I've learned most of them are jokes....hmmm not very funny ones though
 Tall_cat
Msg: 355
Posted: 7/8/2007 12:10:11 PM
ah let see what I learned....

1. People lie about having children.

2.People are not what they seem to be in real life since there profile made them outgoing.

3. Getting the funny read delete when I email a female and she never bother to check out the profile.

4.I did meet some great people so POF is not all bad. One must weed out all the player and people are on this site to play games.
 QTpye16
Msg: 356
Posted: 7/8/2007 12:57:09 PM
modine,

Not to take dating sites too seriously, if something's pops off, it will, if it doesn't, so be it.
 rjones416
Msg: 357
Posted: 7/8/2007 2:17:34 PM
I learned that alot of girls on this site are psycho.
Only message girls that contact you first.
Girls like to ask for pictures of your penis.
 truetexaswoman
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 3:56:26 PM
Every man I've met via any personals site wants only one thing - sex. And whether you give it to them or don't, they move on either way. I lost my fiancee to cancer last year after having been with him for almost six years. I've been single quite a few years but engaged three times during all those years including the one I lost last year. I met every one of my finacees in a bar, they were all good men, and had a lot to offer. They weren't drunks or dopers, the last man was very, very wealthy. They were at the bar for the same reason I was - they liked to dance so we started out immediately with something in common. I lost two of them to cancer. There's just something different about meeting someone for the first time face-to-face like you do in a bar, or at work, etc. I think ALL the men on the personals websites are "wolves in sheeps clothing." I guess those in my age range figure they don't have that much time left so they're out to get all they can before they die. They think they're immune to STD's, etc. I think they're stupid and disgusting. I'm going to start going out dancing again. Wish me luck and thanks for providing a "vent" for me.
 stoney1
Msg: 359
Posted: 7/8/2007 5:08:32 PM
What I learned? Simple. Don't try, lol.

If I see a profile that interests me, I message the lady. I just don't expect a response. For me the enjoyment mostly comes from learning about people either though what they say or don't say in thier profiles and from the conversations that do get started from time to time. For me it's a no loose situation. After all, 19/20 people on the site (men and women) just look at the pictures and decide yes or no. They get frustrated and I get to smile. Works for me, lol.
 Artemis_on_the _hunt
Msg: 360
Posted: 7/8/2007 5:19:39 PM
haha, offline or online thats what men respond to! I think there was a study on how receptive men were to woman with larger breasts-its like primal, instinctive. Women with larger breasts and hips=healthy child-bearing mates.
 paul40517
Msg: 361
Posted: 2/27/2008 10:18:43 PM
You get what you give sometimes, but understand, there does seem to be a higher concentration of nutjubs on the internet. I've had some nice experiences . It really does help if you're honest.
 orignial1
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2008 3:53:17 AM
That some people need more time doing online dating ... there!?
 medina50
Msg: 363
Posted: 2/28/2008 4:03:18 AM
You are so right...or they are just married men, claiming they are separated looking for a quick jump in bed...
 A woman to love
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2008 4:12:25 AM
MOST MEN HAVE SEX ON THE BRAIN 24/7.
 LIWOMAN56
Msg: 365
Posted: 2/28/2008 4:51:33 AM
Most cant or dont read profiles
When I added on mine I was only interested in forums and not dating anyone from here I received more emials than before
Believe me that wasnt my intent..... cause I dont play games
 country_1950
Msg: 366
Posted: 2/29/2008 1:51:58 PM
I learned that to "succeed" here it requires t&a pix and a willingness to screw anyone.

Amen to that. I'm no longer looking especially on here and haven't for quite awhile now. I could care less anymore. Sex is all they want BUT they can get it elsewhere. I really hate to see what this world will be a few years down the road. The ones that can't keep their pants on will most likely be ate up with STD's and who knows what else. It's a sad world but I take it one day at a time and pretty much know in my heart that I will remain alone. I would much rather be alone than have to put up with someone's bullcrap.
 javalover_53
Msg: 367
Posted: 2/29/2008 2:15:41 PM
That it is just like real world.....you have to get to know someone first....lots of talk...maybe months....cannot prejudge by their profile or photo or lack thereof. And then you must have very low...if any at all, expectations.....meet someone new... make an acquaintance....maybe a friend....maybe someone you would like to see socially...just barely maybe.....then, after all that....it might be someone you would want to date. I think since we....think they are seeking what we are seeking...why it should be a perfect mesh....what a lesson of life this is. And we all learned it in high school.....just watching each other in the halls of school is almost like flipping through the profiles on POF
 velogal
Msg: 368
Posted: 2/29/2008 9:06:47 PM
First post here:
Found out that if a man writes an intelligent, insightful/helpful post on the forums, I almost always click on his profile to learn more about him.

I've learned that I'm very aware of 'chemistry' when meeting men. In my 'real' life, I find myself attracted to a number of men that I know I would have passed over because of a pic in the 'shopping cart' mentality of online dating!

I had read a number of 'poor' reviews of POF online forums from a google search, and after reading through a number of threads, have actually found that the good far outweighs the bad! Enjoyable reading, and insightful as well. A lot of women that I know would be great girlfriends, and lots of men that would be great on a date!
 TheReason_
Msg: 369
Posted: 2/29/2008 10:23:00 PM
I learned that you should know when to walk away...

Know when to RUN!

hywman3p
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2008 10:40:13 PM
I learned that to "succeed" here it requires t&a pix and a willingness to screw anyone. I am a complete failure

Well that means I'm out of here No t&a here --Umm well maybe one But for sure not the second lol--Still looking for some one to hold
 Bestestfish
Msg: 371
Posted: 3/1/2008 12:05:14 AM
Men over 40 are delusional! They are hoping to land 25 yr.olds and don't realize that they're being viewed as "creepy old guys". These are the same ones that will not allow a woman a WHOLE year older to message them. Get real guys...or would you rather be alone???
 jdsmpl
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2008 12:58:27 AM
I agree with what javalover said with the last line. I have tried to make contact with differnt types of woman because i dont think looks should be on the top of anyones list but the they see my pics and run for the hills. they judge me befor they get to know me. i finaly went in and changed my profile description of myself to try to explain things better. No help.
So ladies heres a question for you. If we are suposed to be adults and mature then why do most all of you still act like were in high school? take a look at my profile then tell me. Be honest, one thing i can do is take critisisem and no you wont get any nasty reply. Before you say it no i wont cut my hair for anyone. I am who I am and i like myself just the way I am
 Babs
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2008 1:19:15 AM
OP: Ohhhhh definately, but that's just how men are.....believe me....from years of experience (and not necessarily my own) lol...in fact definately not, but I must say that the "mature" ones no-matter what age" and there can be quite a range there: are just like the rest of us!!! AND, are just looking for some one who is not afraid to love or be loved! I myself, have been searching for this for many years, and in fact have had this ooportuity several times, (should write a book, or 2 LOL), but the main idea to reflect on is there is no such thing as "the right one" and can be many, many "right people" for you but you have to be open-minded and willing to work at it!!!!!
 Mopar4ever
Msg: 374
Posted: 3/1/2008 1:21:15 AM
I have learned there are a lot of shallow people. It seems to me that there are a lot of people on here that have there sites set to high where no man or woman can reach. There seems to be a lot on here that expect to much. There seems to be a lot of people on here that think settling is wrong. But' when i look at there profiles and see that they have been on here for 2 to 4 years it makes me wonder if settling isn't all that bad because what they are doing doesn't seem to be working. I have been here almost 6 months now. I have learned a lot. But one of the biggest things i have learned is there are going to be a lot of people on here that wind up alone going by the things i have read here and in profiles. Keep-
 Herding Cats
Msg: 375
Posted: 3/1/2008 4:37:21 AM
. nothing.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What have you learned about online dating here?