Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What have you learned about online dating here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PickyProfessional
Msg: 351
What have you learned about online dating here?Page 15 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
can sum it up in one line: kid-in-a-candy-store effect. they've done it to me and i've done it to them. not a nasty thing...just makes people reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy choosy. only problem with it is: once you've burned your way through they people you might like, there's no one new. these sites need fresh blood.
 sugarbandit
Msg: 352
What have you learned about online dating here?
Posted: 2/16/2007 9:51:42 PM

I've learned that the men who want decent women would rather respond to a sexy boobage photo than the profile. What do you think?

Sounds accurate to me
 bianca411965
Msg: 353
Posted: 2/19/2007 1:50:47 PM
we think alike.
for a few that are lucky enough to find their other half. lol
l learned that you just sit behind a computer and chat with so many and than forget who they are,lol
you just sit and sit in your room and chat with someone you never saw before hoping for what!!! to be forgotten after a few chats.
i'm thinking, no wonder alot of men and women are alone.
GO OUT and actually meet people.
that alot of men i chatted for that 2 weeks i was on rather just let the years go by sitting in front of their computer trying to find a girl. crazy!!!! so sorry for these men. wake up i would tell them. before they can't get it up no more. haha

i'm off. thank god.
 bianca411965
Msg: 354
Posted: 2/19/2007 2:00:42 PM
big time

having more fun on the forums, reading your imput.
i'm hoping to write a book on this online stuff.

big waste of my two weeks, and boring to sit and chat to someone who could be someone else. lol

besides alot of these men chat and chat and don't even end it just leave you hanging.

so i'm left wondering how kind are these men who can't say caio. baby. rather leave a gal hanging.

to all those men and women who do this. please please be polite to say ciao.

remember, what goes around comes around.

nice experience.
but, rather be traditional, been having so much luck thus far going traditional.
 a1na2
Msg: 355
Posted: 2/19/2007 2:02:37 PM
I've learned that 99% of the females on here who are above average in looks are phonies put on here by POF to attract male customers.

...I wonder if they get a commission ?
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 356
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:04:36 PM
mmm...hey, super: they aren't "generalizations" if based on personal experiences...more like extrapolations ;)
 PlusSizeFairy
Msg: 357
Posted: 4/20/2007 10:31:32 PM
will i learned not to trust everyone. i learned that distance relatioships are hard to work. i learned not to expect much. and i learned that some people can just be plain liars.
 paul40517
Msg: 358
Better than a sharp stick in the eye
Posted: 4/20/2007 10:41:01 PM
Hey its fishing, sometimes you catch something cool, sometimes you catch a buzz, sometimes you catch a cold but, a day fishing is definately better than a day ...not.
 paul40517
Msg: 359
Posted: 4/20/2007 10:46:02 PM
I guess it depends on what a mans looking for, and the boobage wants.. I'm attracted to a nice body, i won't lie about it, but a good mind and nice personality makes physical flaws go away.. Try it and see..
 Angeldolls
Msg: 360
Posted: 4/20/2007 11:01:20 PM
I have been really disappointed with some of the men in here that has contacted me. The first thing they want to talk about is how much they would love to give me oral sex...just skip the let's get to know each other. It's all about sex. Don't get me wrong I love sex but a relationship has to be built on more than just sex. And I really don't want to jump right into a sexual conversation. I would like to get to know the man first. To me that is putting the cart before the horse. And frankly I don't really care to talk to that man again if that is all he has on his mind.
 missanthropic
Msg: 361
Posted: 4/20/2007 11:04:15 PM
so... why're we all here then?
 broward
Msg: 362
Posted: 4/21/2007 6:06:41 AM

"a relationship has to be built on more than just sex"

Why?

For me, online dating is a variation of the Three Wishes fairy tales. My first wish was for sex and the genie granted it, but I spent the next two wishes trying to undo the first wish!
 AllyCat74
Msg: 363
Posted: 4/21/2007 6:14:21 AM
I've learned that there are a lot of people who don't know what they want, lots of cowards and messed up people. But there's also some good people, who just aren't your match for some reason. What can you do? Like someone else said, it's a weeding process...
 cuddly_zo
Msg: 364
Posted: 4/21/2007 6:23:27 AM
^^^^^^exactly what allycat said^^^^^^^^
 BOT TAK
Msg: 365
Posted: 4/21/2007 6:53:15 AM
I've learned "the rules" of on-line dating.............it would be very hard without this site -- it's like a manual for all the DO's and DON'Ts. I am very happy that I found this site.

a relationship has to be built on more than just sex
Why?
For me, online dating is a variation of the Three Wishes fairy tales. My first wish was for sex and the genie granted it, but I spent the next two wishes trying to undo the first wish!

If you ask WHY, you can't be a match for the women who are looking for a long-term partner because it's different emotional, cultural, and even social level. Sex for the sake of sex is technical, basic and not satisfying.

If the on-line dating is what you described and you can't see a woman beside the pictures and profile -- get life, just make yourself a favor -- meet real, not virtual women.
 broward
Msg: 366
Posted: 4/21/2007 7:01:05 AM

"you can't be a match for the women who are looking for a long-term partner"

Been there, done that.

It wasn't that good.
 slysterling
Msg: 367
Posted: 4/21/2007 7:05:13 AM

a few things..
i've learned what trading up means...i've learned about a whole new phrase called friends with benefits...i've learned about the younger generation being 'between
partners' although I'm still not sure i've wrapped my head totally around that one yet...

what else?..hmm. i've learned there's lots of people that have gone thru the same or similar, or even worse, bullpschidt as me in our realtionships...and i've learned that there's still reason for hope..

and i think i've learned that most men find the biggest single turn-off from a woman is her constant diatribes about her wiping our noses with her attitudes about today's women....for me personally, i understand the whole concept, i don't need it rubbed in my face all the time...it's a total turnoff...
if you have class it shows...if you don't, it shows also...
 Angeldolls
Msg: 368
Posted: 4/21/2007 11:37:45 PM
I've learned that the women who have "passed" on getting to know me because: (1) I live too far away, (2) Don't look like Tom Cruse (3) They have a pre-set idea of their "perfect" man, are missing out on knowing a fantastic person. Dating in general is like a job interview, with the difference on here being that you can be fired before you even walk in the door.
Well radiodj I think you are very handsome and if I was 10 or 12 years younger I would make the trip!!
 suburbansweetness
Msg: 369
Posted: 4/22/2007 3:05:13 AM
Well its like being at a bar and having like a lot..a lottttttt of guys who would have never approached you in the first place, approach you. With witty one liners such as..."ur hott", "marry me baby", "your eyes are the eyes of a goddess", etc. I was surprised at how similar it is to meeting someone at a club or something. But, usually I just walk away if I am not interested at a club and they DON'T follow me. Here, they keep writing...

BUT I have met some really sweet guys here...and all the craziness is worth those few relationships!
 knoxman
Msg: 370
Posted: 4/22/2007 6:25:33 AM
I've learned that(a top ten):
1-Most women in my area are looking for a loaded guy with Brad Pitt-like looks.
2-Some women like to type in ALL CAPS!!!
3-Some women should "lern to spel"(LOL).
4-Some women seem to be on here only to see how many responses they'll get as opposed to actually meeting someone.
5-Most women I've met here are still hung up on their ex. Ladies, they're an ex for a reason-it's over!
6-Some women claim to be moral church-goers who look down on anything anyone else does as being sinful-yet the pics they post are of them in lingerie/cleavage shots that would make Maxim magazine blush.
7-According to some women, "slightly overweight" could mean up to 350 lbs.
8-Some women aren't looking as much for a relationship as a "father for their kids".
9-For men AND women-Answering a question with "perfer not to say" means the answer is the one no one wants to hear.
10- Before I get tons of hate mail from the ladies out there, remember, ladies, that these observations can ALSO apply to the men,too.
 browolf
Msg: 371
Posted: 4/22/2007 9:40:27 AM
women talk about wanting inner qualities but then take exception at the slightest thing that they dont like the sound/look of.The old adage opposites attract seems to have gotten lost somewhere. They all complain about all sorts of men messing them around, but if you send a woman a different reasonably polite non aggressive message they dont want to know.
 Nick Thinker
Msg: 372
Posted: 4/22/2007 12:59:12 PM
What have I learned about online dating "here" (as opposed to other sites)? That is can be fun (partly due to the forums) and FREE (kudos to the founder). Not that it is perfect, but then what is? Bo Derek? (Plus: To beware of "perfect" photos and profiles).
 writerlychik
Msg: 373
Posted: 4/22/2007 1:46:25 PM
First off, I think the question should be rephrased so it reflects continuous learning as most of us are still here and will continue to be here, learning things for some time

I'm learning that I might have to be here for a couple of years before the 1 truly exceptional guy comes along and likes me for who I am rather than for the outer package.

I'm learning not to rely too heavily on this medium for finding what I seek.

I'm learning that sometimes, these vehicles (the internet, dating sites...) are more of a novelty when I'm going through phases of boredom, etc. and need something to spice up my rather routine life and that it's okay to acknowledge it as such and not worry that it might lead to addiction or debauchery--ie. following through on a proposition of NSA sex.

I'm learning that although my love/sex life may have seemed a bit vanilla previously and reading about others' spicier bedroom antics prompts to me want more, it too is often a phase that I grow out of and I go back to being okay with being single for now and lacking a sizzling sex life and when the time is right, all that stuff will sort itself out.

I'm learning that even though many of you wish people could be short and to the point on forums, chats, etc. for a writer, like myself, I love words and ideas and simply love to go on and on and on....
 nogo3
Msg: 374
Posted: 4/22/2007 3:09:48 PM
ok, i have learned that the site is very entertaining.
i have learned that if you dont like fat chics you're not a real man.
i have learned that if a man likes sex, he's not a real man.
i have learned to ignore profile face pics without a body attached.
i have learned that there are lots of animals on here looking for whatever,
i have learned to go straight to the body type first, if it says thin, then you can assume its safe to move to the restrictions.
i have also learned that the women who are not into sex or are anti sex will have
must not be looking or messaged others for sex,
must not be looking for intimate encounters,
must not be looking for other relationships, all check marked.

i have also learned that there are lots of nice ladies on here.
i have also learned that the more desirable the women are the less likely they will reply to messages because thay just plain out get to much mail, so if you dont get a reply this week, give a week or so and try agin.
i have learned what a troll is and the many different ways of trolling for attention by people that are being ignored.
i have also learned that people will say anything.
all in all its a great site , i've had great results finding friends
 over40andfree
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2007 6:36:23 PM
I have learned that…..
The forum is addictive, and the amount of information and opinions are so infinite you forget why you originally signed up for this site.
I have learned that I am being very rude; if someone posts an intriguing or irritating post, I have to check his or her profile. (Sorry people, this will not change)
I have learned that the thread to shave (down below) should really come with a caution warning. (really)
I have learned that with out a picture, you only get scary people emailing you, (except for several lovely human beings, thanks!!)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What have you learned about online dating here?