Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What have you learned about online dating here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blueceleste
Msg: 451
view profile
History
What have you learned about online dating here?Page 19 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
what have learned? oh lots! lol

ive learned from my experiences when someone ims u dont just meet them right then and there, thats what i did in the past!

i learned that ppl are not who they say they are in profiles/ads, i met someone who was interested in bein strictly friends. after i met the person, he really meant friends with benefits! i told him u didnt say that when we were emailing and chatting on the phone, be wary of ppl who say they are lookin for friends when in reality they just want a **** buddy!

i learned that a lot of ppl lie online and in person, ive met tons that lied to me and ive caught them in every single lil lie.

i learned that most ppl online can not be trusted, a guy i was suppose to been good friends with when i was 17, was gonna tell my mom of the sexual acts we did and he was 27 so that would of been blackmailing plus he could of went to prison for doin stuff with a minor - idiot!

I hate the fact when ppl dont read ur profile/ad and expect u to answer 99 questions! like someone else if they didnt pay attention to what u wrote what makes u think they are gonna pay attention to u when u meet offline or is interested?

i learned to be on my guard in case if they tried to hurt me or steal from me.

i also learned that i attract immature, lazy, losers, hoes, and insecure ppl whether its a man or woman, thats not the kind of ppl i wanna attract! however, i also attract racist ppl and i always find out they are racist by using a lil technique!

i learned theres way 2 many dysfunctional and insecure ppl on the net 2 many pyschos for me and stalkers! theres plenty of more of what ive learned but this is all im gonna say.
 daisymoon
Msg: 452
What have you learned about online dating here?
Posted: 3/10/2008 5:35:10 PM
I have learned, unfortunately the hard way, that a lot of people on here are always looking for the next best thing.. they can have a great date and hit it off really well with one person.. even talk about getting together again, blah, blah, blah....but they never give it a chance beyond the first date.... they just run right ahead to see what else is out there... and what's out there is not always better.

I've learned that guys will tell a woman what he thinks she wants to hear, just to make it easier on himself or to make her feel better, whatever. Spare me.. I'm an adult and I can handle rejection, the truth, whatever.

I've learned, sadly, that there are a lot of lonely people in this world!
 William Corvinus
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 5:44:19 PM
I learn that you should always be up front about certain disorders that your aware of that can affect a relationship(not me someone who i was with she had bpd) .
 mitchchan
Msg: 454
Posted: 3/10/2008 9:56:41 PM
Just let it be.. If it happen, it happens and don't let rejection overrule your dating. Life's too short and live happily even without a partner!
 RozeeF
Msg: 455
Posted: 3/11/2008 3:27:52 AM
Crikey, I'm glad i've had a look at this forum but so sorry about your experiences.
I'm new to all this and being the trusting type it would appear i'm going to have grow an extra thick skin and develope supernatural abilites to cope with this online dating game.

It's supposed to be fun not torture!

I hope things go better for you in the future.
 llllllllLeah
Msg: 456
Posted: 3/11/2008 3:39:37 AM
I agree. Even the guys that want more still can't resist the famous up from above cleavage pic, or the kissing the cam pic. I guess they assume the girl's frigid if she doesn't do those
 Teddy_Bear1947
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 3:56:50 AM
DO IT ANYWAY

1.People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; forgive them anyway.

2.If you are kind, people may accuse you of being selfish or having ulterior motives; be kind anyway.

3.If you are successful, you will win friends and create enemies as well; succeed anyway.

4.What you spend years building, someone can destroy overnight; build anyway.

5.If you find serenity and happiness, others may be jealous; be happy anyway.

6.People often forget tomorrow, the good deeds you do today; do good anyway.

7.Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough; give your best anyway.

Be upfront with your picture both with a close-up and a full body picture (and show the date of the pictures). Be honest with your profile, write something interesting and then hope that someone with intelligence will read it and, who knows, maybe then they will figure that there is more to this place than we give it credit for...it's a tool to be used with tender hands. That's just my opinion and I could be wrong!
 nikoblue
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:20:26 AM
RozeeF, most definently if you are trusting by nature you MUST dial that back and be far more skeptical than you would otherwise. Don't be nieve no matter how many shove the rubbish logic of,"Well it can happen in real life too." Um, duhhh. The difference, and it's a MAJOR difference, is that written words and phone do NOT give you the full picture with someone. Be very wary of any guy who wants to keep you writing and talking by phone indefinently. It is a method of wearing down your normal cautions.

There are many people online whose primary goal is to *overcome your objections*. Any hesitancy they sense in your tone via email or phone is a cue to begin the persuasion process, and some of these people are very, very adept at this online but falter quickly in real life. So, my advice would be if some guy contacts you that YOU are interested in, set up a meeting ASAP in daylight hours in a very public place. If he begs off repeatedly, ditch him no matter how 'nice' he seems otherwise. Else, when he shows up treat him just as you would any other guy you'd meet normally. Ask questions, watch his body language, listen to his tone of voice, watch his eyes...all of the cues you'd normally notice that either make him a 'no' or a 'go'.

For the majority of people looking for 'love' online, they are using a shotgun approach. Spray tons of bb's and one is bound to 'hit' eventually. What dating sites do not want you to know or come to understand is that it is the MINORITY of people who actually find good relationships and the MAJORITY who do not. The forums here can be interesting, but do not hold your breath LOL You are far, far better off meeting men through your own interests or developing new ones than people online.
 daisymoon
Msg: 459
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:55:36 AM

Just let it be.. If it happen, it happens and don't let rejection overrule your dating. Life's too short and live happily even without a partner!

I need to take this advice and follow it!
 TheLimey
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 10:54:53 AM
From my profile:

DECODING WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS:
40-ish.................................49.
Adventurous.....................Slept with everyone.
Athletic...............................No breasts.
Average looking................Moooo.
Beautiful.............................Pathological liar.
Emotionally Secure...........On medication.
Feminist...............................Fat.
Free Spirit............................Junkie.
Friendship first.....................Former slut.
New-Age........................Body hair in the wrong places.
Old-fashioned.....................No B.J.'s
Open-minded......................Desperate.
Outgoing..............................Loud and embarrassing.
Professional........................Hooker.
Voluptuous......... ................Very fat.
Large frame..........................Hugely fat.

DICTIONARY FOR DECODING WOMEN'S ENGLISH:
Yes....................................No
No......................................Yes
Maybe.................................No
We need...............................I want
We need to talk......................You're in trouble
Sure, go ahead........................You better not
Do what you want..................You will pay for this later
I am not upset..............Of course, I am upset, you moron!
You're attentive tonight.....Is sex all you ever think about?

DICTIONARY FOR DECODING MEN'S ENGLISH:
I am hungry...........................I am hungry
I am sleepy............................I am sleepy
I am tired..............................I am tired
Nice dress..............................Nice cleavage!
I love you.............................Let's have sex now
I am bored..........................Do you want to have sex?
May I have this dance?.........I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I call you sometime?.......I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I take you to a movie?.....I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I take you to dinner?......I'd like to have sex with you.
Those shoes do not go with that outfit.............I'm gay
 Who Dares Win
Msg: 461
Posted: 3/11/2008 11:31:48 AM
It sucks for the most part I've figured out that most on these date sites are just really here for fun and games or so it seems.I don't think most on these sites really know what they want,keyword for them a joke.
 daisymoon
Msg: 462
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:51:18 PM
I am starting to get very jaded... okay, even MORE jaded about dating sites and the whole dating thing in general. Yes, a lot of people really are just here for fun and games... and unfortunately, they ruin it for the people on here who are sincere about meeting someone. However, and I've said this before, this is a free site and in some ways you get what you pay for.
 wondering1980
Msg: 463
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:17:02 PM
yup see it all the time then they wine cause some women are only looking for sex...well if they for for sexy pics then thats what they'll get....these women put cleavage shots in then wonder why there treated like sluts...
well thats what they look like showing cleavage and they deserve it too looking like that...
 Flemtar
Msg: 464
Posted: 3/12/2008 1:01:17 AM
What have I learned?

Not to expect much from sites like this.
 Falcon40
Msg: 465
Posted: 5/12/2008 11:22:46 AM
I've learned a few things, but none of them good.

I've learned that there really are some bad people out there - people who will say and do anything to manipulate others... for fun? for amusement? for a challenge? I don't understand how those people think, so I don't believe I'll ever understand their motivations.

I've also learned, much to my surprise, that women in their 30's aren't any more mature than women in their 20's. They still claim to want things *very* different from what they actually want as evidenced by their actions.

As a whole, I've learned to be very, very careful and not to take anything at face value. I still hold out hope that there may be some decent women out there... but god are they hard to find!
 nigelwright
Msg: 466
Posted: 5/12/2008 3:37:40 PM
But decent woman have big boobies !!!!
 smartandsexy73
Msg: 467
Posted: 5/19/2008 2:19:14 PM
I so agree with you guys on this one. I am tired of the sex questions or them wanting to show you everything. Then you meet someone really nice and sweet and find out they live so far away and can't meet you. It drives me nuts. Oh, here's a good one. I meet this guy, seems really nice and sweet. He asks me to start dating him so I agree. Find out he has started driving truck with his sister and is never in town anymore and when he is, he is too busy to see me. Takes off for two months and sends me an email saying he is moving to Arizona. Real nice. Changes his profile to single but tells me he wants to talk to me face to face. Right, so I can smack the shit out of him when I do see him. Aww, this dating crap is crazy. Are there really any nice, decent guys left!!!
 sam-spade
Msg: 468
Posted: 5/19/2008 2:44:12 PM

You can fall in love without even a little kiss.
 classydetective
Msg: 469
Posted: 5/19/2008 10:42:34 PM
people don't know what they want
 ShinyToyGuns
Msg: 470
Posted: 5/19/2008 10:59:44 PM
The only thing ive learned is that i should give up on it
 uncle maxx
Msg: 471
Posted: 5/20/2008 8:15:49 AM
...that patience is virtuous,,,

Loz Hunter
Msg: 472
Posted: 5/20/2008 8:28:57 AM
Phew thought this was the no picture at all thread:-

WHICH IS SO FUNNY COS IT IS ABOUT PICTURES

Enchanted107
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2008 9:07:07 AM
You can fall in love without even a little kiss.

Oooh isn't that true! Anyway, I've learned a lot and the fact that I am in the Forums more says a lot. And I stay away from IMs in the wee hours. You never know what you can see from the cam.

1.) I find PMs with some guys very entertaining and interesting, more than chats.
2.) I've learned that there are truly great guys and met a few friends online. They can provide ample info on myriads of topics.
3.) Some guys say they only want friendship but your relationship changes because they actually have hidden agendas.
4.) That some guys are very good shock absorbers and that I in turn can also be one.
5.) That I won't be meeting any POF guy soon because I am just bored. I will be sticking to pen pals and I don't have to apologize for that!
6.) That I enjoy the Forums, not only for the relationships topics but the poetry and recipes.
7.) That it is a waste to invest any attachments to anyone. It is not worth it!
8.) That many men who insist on a meeting very soon, are after one thing and one thing only...
9.) That it is safer to stay at the forum during the wee hours.
10.) That you really can't tell from one's profile if they are rude or semi-rude or worth your time.
11.) That internet dating is dangerous based on all the threads on it and that I was lucky to have my very first one and only, exceptional and hopeful one.
12.) That POF is a great time waster but at times relaxing as well.
 wondering1980
Msg: 474
Posted: 5/21/2008 10:12:43 AM
soo true
and i have also learned there are many guys who i would never give the time of day too
 beautifuldancer400
Msg: 475
Posted: 5/21/2008 4:57:20 PM

DECODING WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS:
40-ish.................................49.
Adventurous.....................Slept with everyone.
Athletic...............................No breasts.
Average looking................Moooo.
Beautiful.............................Pathological liar.
Emotionally Secure...........On medication.
Feminist...............................Fat.
Free Spirit............................Junkie.
Friendship first.....................Former slut.
New-Age........................Body hair in the wrong places.
Old-fashioned.....................No B.J.'s
Open-minded......................Desperate.
Outgoing..............................Loud and embarrassing.
Professional........................Hooker.
Voluptuous......... ................Very fat.
Large frame..........................Hugely fat.

DICTIONARY FOR DECODING WOMEN'S ENGLISH:
Yes....................................No
No......................................Yes
Maybe.................................No
We need...............................I want
We need to talk......................You're in trouble
Sure, go ahead........................You better not
Do what you want..................You will pay for this later
I am not upset..............Of course, I am upset, you moron!
You're attentive tonight.....Is sex all you ever think about?

DICTIONARY FOR DECODING MEN'S ENGLISH:
I am hungry...........................I am hungry
I am sleepy............................I am sleepy
I am tired..............................I am tired
Nice dress..............................Nice cleavage!
I love you.............................Let's have sex now
I am bored..........................Do you want to have sex?
May I have this dance?.........I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I call you sometime?.......I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I take you to a movie?.....I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I take you to dinner?......I'd like to have sex with you.
Those shoes do not go with that outfit.............I'm gay

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What have you learned about online dating here?