Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr O
Msg: 73
What have you learned about online dating here?Page 2 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I have learned that women are women no matter where you meet them

This site so far has been entertaining to say the least.

As far as meeting your soul m8 or someone that you connect with, good luck.

it seems that most of the women on this site are not here for the purpose of finding a nice/compatible/genuine man. Most will judge by pictures or openning lines. When you are exactly what they describe as what they are looking for, they blow you off!

Sure there are some exceptions to this but for the most part i think this is just a big ego boost for hot chicks! It's like they don't hear it enough when they are away from their computer, they have to post themselves almost nude and expect someone to say how beautiful they are, then when someone does they judge them based on that.

Understand this ladies.
Most men who are on this site are plenty nervous and really don't know how to approach you. It's hard enough for us in the real world to think straight! When you put pictures of yourself in suggestive positions or provokative poses you are getting what you asked for.

Post a picture of yourself that does not compromise your integrity. If you like the person send them some of the naughty ones.

everywhere i look i see pics of women with their t!ts hanging out or their goodies almost showing. If you want to be taken seriously, put up a serious picture.

now that i have gotten that off my chest,..... let the games begin!
 Mr O
Msg: 76
What have you learned about online dating here?
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:32:40 AM
Well said Mommy

Mr O
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:43:15 AM
I bet

(not directed at anyone in particular)
If that is who you really are and don't have a problem with getting silly messages, and all the wrong guys then by all means post what you want to post.

But if you are looking for a serious reply then you should have a serious picture up.

Myself I could care less what kind of picture you have up. I want to know that you're not a nutbar or some psycho before I make any serious decissions.

Pandy
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/2/2005 12:19:06 PM
forumites can't keep secrets.
If you are a forum regular and you have done something stupid/wicked with another forum regular....chances are , I know about it
 manthere
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/2/2005 12:42:50 PM
"I've learned that the men who want decent women would rather respond to a sexy boobage photo than the profile. What do you think? "

YES, Nothing beats a woman stuffing a webcam down her blousem, snapping a photo, to gain attention from potential suitors
 Paradoxx
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:17:41 PM
What I learned
1. Nothing much has changed since high school.
2. People like sex
3. The experience tends to rise to personal expectations. You find what you look for.
 farfnir
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:31:01 PM
ive found that women dont need a pic on here ,the get im's reguaedless.men do because women are shallow.thats the 1st thing they ask before a hello even.ive found that learning a personality is more important.looks fade.most no pic ladies are more honest about them selfs any way.most pic ladies are showing them selfs at there best,or old pics.or even fake pics.the only thing i prefer a woman to be is fit or thin.she could have a scare across her head.it wouldnt bother me as long as she was a good person.in all.you women really suck.
 SarGasm
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:53:45 PM
i've learned that i'm here for the forums.

i'm a little pickier online...but at the same time i've learned that there's some pretty misleading photos out there as well.

when it comes right down to it, i view online dating the same way i view real life dating. i just stopped looking. if and when someone comes along that actually manages to hold my attention for more than five minutes, i may change my tune...but for whatever reason, Vancouver women my age aren't all that interesting.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/2/2005 3:51:51 PM
^^ I will forgive your blanket statement slamming women on online dating sites simply because of your age. Some of us do NOT whine ever and some of us get NO replies from ANY men, good or bad.
 SuperD
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/3/2005 12:02:39 AM
I have learned that:
1) online date sites are mostly just a form of (free) entertainment. You get what you pay for.
2) people go online searching for something they can't get in real life, or something that is simple not attainable in their world.
3) nothing can or should be taken seriously.
4) it IS possible to meet cool people and good friends online, but highly unlikely you will find "the one".
5) internet dating is addictive, and people who use it tend to be ADHD
6) peoples expectations tend to be way out of line with their reality.
7) women like to chat a lot to strange men , with no intention of ever meeting them.
8) pics in profiles tend to be out dated and should not be trusted.
9) the forums are filled with people making silly generalizations based on their own personal experiences.
 BlahGrim
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2005 12:16:29 AM
What! I don't live hours and hours away..oh wait..that must mean... Hey! I'm not illiterate!
 BlahGrim
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2005 12:17:07 AM
Damn..must learn to quote on here...ignore above.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 102
Posted: 7/3/2005 3:59:28 AM
I have learned that im not so learned..

Id rather be amazed at my ignorance than proud of my knowledge

Im puzzled however at naysayers who say that this online thing doesnt work,that they have no problem meeting quite a number of memebers of the opposite sex off line ,yet start threads
like "why women dont reply' a month later" .
 bucsgirl
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/3/2005 8:59:30 AM
xainos I can only speak for myself. I've met a few from here in person talked to MANY on the phone. Had two from out of town and out of state, I have local men only and I'm strict on that. My job and responsibilities make it nearly impossible to travel, plus I don't believe in long distance relationships. So I have two standing invitations to fly somewhere that most likely won't happen. I ask you, who is wasting who's time on that one. I would have had more dates but until recently I was working a second job, so I wasn't as active on the site. I am flat out honest, haven't had anyone I met in person say anything other than my profile accurately represents me. In fact, many are surprised that I appear exactly the same, they're I guess expecting a slightly altered version. I've had my share of guys lying about height or even AGE, go figure. So the door swings both ways. I just do what I want others to do, if they don't, I don't want any part of them. I don't let the fakers and liars ruin it for me, you need to keep your attitude positive and upbeat. Just so you know, I've had guys phone and email over a long period of time, some years and can't get them to meet me for a simple coffee!!! The guys online are horrible about that! I want to meet face to face soon, if not, don't write or call me anymore. I've gotten much firmer, tired of wasting my time with guys that string you along, if someone writes me and we don't meet within a week or so......adios!!!
 SweetKristine
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/3/2005 5:23:36 PM
dont trust words...actions speak louder than words..there are a lot of players out there...and very few true people...

i learned not get my hopes up

i learned i get a lot of rude emails

i learned i get a few nice emails :)

i learned love knows no distance!

I learned i dont approach men in real life or online b/c im afraid of rejection

I learned a lot of people dont take it seriously

I learned to enjoy the forums, and not look for love, love happens when ya least expect it

I learned I might have to high of expectations of people

I learned people let ya down very quickly

I learned married men lie and say they are single and talk to you for 2 months every day phone email ims etc then tell ya they are married

i learned their are a lot of rude people who say very rude things based on peoples outside image

i learned some people still believe true beauty lies within

i learned lots of people out there like reading my posts...god help them! hehe

I learned I still am not giving up on online dating.....known lots of people who have met the one...my college roomie is getting married in october to the man she met from e-harmony

i learned a lot of people view it as a joke, and lead others on.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/3/2005 7:04:44 PM
Hiya kristine,

youve learned quite a bit....yep im one of thise who enjoys reading your posts
 Niki Li
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/3/2005 9:46:21 PM
That people are not what you think or presume them to be until you meet them. You can talk/chat w/ them until the cows come home and still never truly get the complete picture of them until you meet them in person. Words can only go so far. However, chatting prior to meeting them helps to judge a mental and intellectual connection and/or communication rapport.
 inazu
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/5/2005 5:21:21 PM
Absolutely nothing. I don't like dating.
 clubkid66
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 1:51:37 PM
It is easier to contact a woman than in real life but you get the same attitudes so the only thing you have to worry about is the one you want who wants you. No one else.
 sddude
Msg: 126
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:59:17 PM
I found out on online dating that no women wants to date me like in real life , just be friends
 SweetKristine
Msg: 127
Posted: 7/7/2005 3:00:17 PM
i learned ya put up a boob pic and watch the guys come outta the woodwork
 SweetKristine
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/7/2005 3:15:57 PM
I learned that most guys on here are fake and fickle...ya talk to one..then they stop talking to you b/c the next minute they have 10 chicks hanging on their nuts.

I learned this site is only good for those who live near canada b/c no one lives near me..
 BuzWeaver
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/7/2005 10:37:50 PM
There are quite a lot of fakes.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 137
Posted: 7/8/2005 3:49:13 PM
that there are few real men on here
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >