Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dolphin8755
Msg: 123
What have you learned about online dating here?Page 4 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
That you never know what to expect. People may portray themselves a certain way on emails and phone conversations and then be totally opposite when you actually meet.
 Truebeautycomeswithin
Msg: 125
What have you learned about online dating here?
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:26:03 PM
Also I have learned that dating sites are basically just to make new friends and thats about it.most of the people who claim to look for love or want to date,really arent.They just want to play around and be players.Im basically on this site to meet new people and thats about it.I seriously doubt if I find anything more.
 sddude
Msg: 126
Posted: 7/7/2005 2:59:17 PM
I found out on online dating that no women wants to date me like in real life , just be friends
 SweetKristine
Msg: 127
Posted: 7/7/2005 3:00:17 PM
i learned ya put up a boob pic and watch the guys come outta the woodwork
 Jackson*
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/7/2005 3:09:44 PM
I've learned that if you don't live in the hotspots, i.e. certain places in onterio - POF - mecca, then you really can't take it too seriously. There's a chance you will meet someone, maybe your dream mate, but there is a better chance that you won't. Just the same, it's a good fix for social depravity, while you're waiting for the real world dating scene to brighten up for you.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/7/2005 3:15:57 PM
I learned that most guys on here are fake and fickle...ya talk to one..then they stop talking to you b/c the next minute they have 10 chicks hanging on their nuts.

I learned this site is only good for those who live near canada b/c no one lives near me..
 N4Life
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/7/2005 3:58:30 PM
I have learned that it pays to ask, ask, ask and listen carefully when they respond! The truth is always in there. Physical attraction is important but the beauty from within is oh, so very much more important.
 BuzWeaver
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/7/2005 10:37:50 PM
There are quite a lot of fakes.
 cudahudson
Msg: 133
Posted: 7/8/2005 1:13:30 PM
I have learned that women first look at the picture of the man ard really don't care about the person himself. And if the man doesn't have a picture posted seldom will a woman respond back to his messages to her. Being mature, financially secure and a great since of humor and a true romantic in every way, what few responses back to me were , 1. No picture, no response or 2. Why don't you post a picture? I find this shallow in every way. I do have pictures to send but only after at least a positive response back to me, so far none at all. I am sure you are right in at least a small way about men and a sexy picture but ask the men about how many women respond back to them that do not have a picture posted.
 Jackson*
Msg: 134
Posted: 7/8/2005 3:16:20 PM
I've learned:

Pay attention to girls with 7 pictures showing.
Odds are, they're hiding #8 to only send to certain lucky guys.

That's just my free lil tip for the boys.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 137
Posted: 7/8/2005 3:49:13 PM
that there are few real men on here
 Cuddle_Prince_Guelph
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/8/2005 9:34:17 PM
Well where do i start? Well i have met few men and it seems they lie, they say they want a relationship and then you meet them and they want a F-friend. What is up with that? Or on their profile they put endless possibilties and want sex. I don't know where most of these men come from but obviously not in the same world i am in. Yes it is fine to want sex but when someone tells you they are not like that and want to persue to meet you although they know that is not what they want, that is not right. I met another man and we both like each other and we still talk but how do you get them to start anything with you after you met? Especially when we are both afraid of what might come out of this site. I don't know what to expect.
 Cuddle_Prince_Guelph
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/8/2005 9:45:41 PM
Well where do i start? Well i have met a few men and it seems they lie, they say they want a relationship and then you meet them and they want a F-friend. What is up with that? Or on their profile they put endless possibilties and only want sex. Yes it is fine to want sex but you should be looking into the profiles where the women want the same. I met another man and we both like each other and we still talk but how do you get them to start anything with you after you met? Especially when we are both afraid of what might come out of this site. I don't know what to expect.Too many men not knowing exactly what they want. You ask a man when you first talk to them what are they looking for and they say a relationship and after you meet them you ask the same Q and they say i don't know or they don't persue anything. What are you suppose to think? I honestly am very surprised to hear that ppl off her actually find a relationship.
Well thanks for viewing my opionion, and thanks to all who viewed my profile.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 143
Posted: 7/9/2005 4:54:19 AM
Ive learned that most of the ladies I may be compatible with live so far away.

nearly a thousand posts and no lady has bashed me at the forums..only some men...I wonder why ???

I am glad for the frienships I have formed on here.

Mom of 2 does reply mail ...that is polite and cordial........I bear witness
 kingfisher1
Msg: 144
Posted: 7/9/2005 6:00:08 AM
@jay1qt-I have learned we MUST PAY ATTENTION to what is written in a profile..I was going to write Pandy a few minutes ago(I do Pandy, very nice, but where's the ring?)just to say I like her tongue pic, but her profile said to mention it in the posts. How smart would I have been to write her anyway and then get upset because she feels she doesn't owe me a reply because I FAILED TO PAY ATTENTION to what she already said!

I also learned I'm learning new stuff everyday through the forums.

I've also learned there's only one woman within fifty miles of me that I am sincerely interested in, and I'm probably scaring her off with some of my comments in these forums.

I'm also reminded everyday about a lesson already well learned. When you give respect, you'll usually get it back.
 peter_van
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2005 11:04:24 PM
I think you are b.... right!
It doesn't have any sence whatsoever.
Am glad this site is honest and thus for free.
Peter
Old disappointed buggar who thinks and act as if he is still 41.
 peter_van
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2005 11:06:07 PM
I am afraid that is the male species brainless behaviour.
Peter
 fishbill
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/13/2005 12:06:10 AM
that most women are 10x hornier and 100x more picky than men. So guys find one and keep her happy and if she pays 1/2 the bills thats bonus money.
 MP20
Msg: 153
Posted: 7/13/2005 11:17:18 AM
I've learned that woman front like they want a man and all this stuff, but when someone tries to talk to them they deliberately ignore them or sabotage a good thing. Is anyone really serious about finding someone on this darn site?
 FrodoB
Msg: 154
Posted: 7/13/2005 1:08:15 PM
Online dating is a great concept but the reality leaves much to be desired. The fact that there are so many possibilities of people to date tends towards subconscious confusion. It causes one to second guess themself on every decision.

I have found that the best way to make productve use of online dating is to find several profiles that interest me (if someone didn't take the time to write a decent profile then they aren't serious anyways) and then begin the process of contacting them one at a time. If someone replies and they sound interesting then stop the search and focus only on them. Asking yourself "what if one of the ones I didn't contact would be better" is an exercise in futility. No one person is going to be magically perfect, everyone will have certain idiosyncrasies that you may not like. Building a solid relationship requires compromise and understanding.

The plethora of possibilities leads to the ugly side of human nature. People will be rude, hateful, and show the very worst in themselves. They feel at liberty to act in this fashion because they can hide behind their keyboard and avoid group scrutiny, and because they believe there is an endless supply of people and therefore devalue the humanity of whomever they choose. Sad but true.
 Xainos9
Msg: 156
Posted: 7/13/2005 1:50:35 PM
Frodo, you do have a good piont there.

I find out there are many people here they seem very interested. They fantasize of meeting that special someone, yet when reality hits and are asked to meet they run and hide and you'll never hear from them again.

Also, such thing like E-mail or forum can really misjudge a person. Many of us take messages from e-mail or any other pc communication the wrong way, and for the reason for that is we can't see nor hear the person of their tone or body languge.
 Cristine
Msg: 157
Posted: 7/13/2005 2:06:00 PM
I have learned that most of the men just want to get laid......

The women on here are hella cool!!!!!!!!!

To trust my instincts!!!!!

To not mess with the mods
 Justme_J
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2005 2:48:45 PM
I've learned that the women's profiles that I really like are all very far away from here. Mostly Canada. Closest one is 8 hours away.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 160
Posted: 7/13/2005 2:49:41 PM
im begining to learn that all the nice sweet men live in canada...oh wait i already knew that..its just being affirmed LOL
 Dan Damage
Msg: 161
Posted: 7/13/2005 8:32:44 PM
It sucks......I'm just looking for a cool woman to hang with and to me that would seem
like a simple thing especially with so many people on this website but I've been proved
wrong. I'm not looking for ever lasting last love just some cool company.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >