Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What have you learned about online dating here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Passionate Artist
Msg: 76
What have you learned about online dating here?Page 4 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
^^^ Abosofukinglutely!!

Not only that but when you say something they say "Just cause i'm on here doesn't mean I'm looking to get laid" What the hell is with the s!utty pics then?
 *BumbleBee*
Msg: 77
What have you learned about online dating here?
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:26:42 AM
^^^ Said the married man.

I've learned that people in glass houses often throw stones.

I've learned that there are more steretypes and generalizations made than I ever cared to know about.

I've learned that a lot of people have a problem dating single parents. I honestly never had any idea that it was such a problem for so many before I joined this site.

I've learned that the forums are valuable. Just when you think you know a person well, they'll come out with a comment that makes your mouth drop ... and not in a good way.

I also learned that if someone tells you about themselves, and there's anything negative involved or described, do yourself a favour and Believe Them!!! Don't wait for them to prove it to you.

I've learned that most people really aren't that serious about meeting.

I've learned that there are pretty scary people in positions of power.

I've learned that a lot of people online have very kinky sides to them that they can reveal in type easier than in person.

I've learned that a lot of people start looking for something else when they're either still in a relationship, or not over the last one.

I've learned that most people online truly have the same end goal.

I've learned that some people can be awesome friends without ever having met.

I've learned that I probably won't meet "the one" online, and I'm more ok with being single than even I knew I was.
 Mr O
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:32:40 AM
Well said Mommy

*BumbleBee*
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:39:59 AM
Thanks. Some of your comments inspired some of mine.
 Mr O
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:43:15 AM
I bet

(not directed at anyone in particular)
If that is who you really are and don't have a problem with getting silly messages, and all the wrong guys then by all means post what you want to post.

But if you are looking for a serious reply then you should have a serious picture up.

Myself I could care less what kind of picture you have up. I want to know that you're not a nutbar or some psycho before I make any serious decissions.

*BumbleBee*
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:49:09 AM
I want to know that you're not a nutbar or some psycho before I make any serious decissions.

^^ That part was well said. (good job editing too) lol
 gotaman
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/2/2005 9:03:00 AM
I have learned there are a few decent ones left out there it's just finding them! I have talked couple of nice guys who give me hope. I have talked to some serious players and liars and of course the ones who aren't wrapped too tightly! I am honest about myself and I don't waste a bunch of time on the players, liars and psychos! I am not a prude by any means but the t&a questions right off the bat are such a turn off! Later!
 sirpaulmccartneyfab_1
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/2/2005 9:45:44 AM
well i've noticed since coming here that i usually get heart pains when reading some of the forums. this is sometimes a very angry and negative place. there is so much anymosity here that it sometimes completely clouds over all of the positive qualities that this site has. sadly, i have found that the negative stuff usually wins over the positive. as for fulfilling its function as a site for singles to get together with other singles and mingle, i supposed it's done that but i have yet to meet much in terms of authentic people willing to put their troubles aside long enough to get to know other people who have substance and hope.
 micky4367
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/2/2005 9:48:10 AM
I just learned to watch mommy of 2 a little more closely, damn good post...and was surprised to hear people have problems dating single parents, the majority of people i meet in life..have already lived. Their loss
 ~PinkLady~
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/2/2005 10:12:10 AM
That it can be one of the most fun things you do, until real feelings develop, then it gets hard.
 Pandy
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/2/2005 12:19:06 PM
forumites can't keep secrets.
If you are a forum regular and you have done something stupid/wicked with another forum regular....chances are , I know about it
 ky_jello
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2005 12:39:53 PM
hmmmm....^^^that pandy is the gal to sit next to in the knitting circle.....
 manthere
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/2/2005 12:42:50 PM
"I've learned that the men who want decent women would rather respond to a sexy boobage photo than the profile. What do you think? "

YES, Nothing beats a woman stuffing a webcam down her blousem, snapping a photo, to gain attention from potential suitors
 Paradoxx
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:17:41 PM
What I learned
1. Nothing much has changed since high school.
2. People like sex
3. The experience tends to rise to personal expectations. You find what you look for.
 farfnir
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:31:01 PM
ive found that women dont need a pic on here ,the get im's reguaedless.men do because women are shallow.thats the 1st thing they ask before a hello even.ive found that learning a personality is more important.looks fade.most no pic ladies are more honest about them selfs any way.most pic ladies are showing them selfs at there best,or old pics.or even fake pics.the only thing i prefer a woman to be is fit or thin.she could have a scare across her head.it wouldnt bother me as long as she was a good person.in all.you women really suck.
 DoctorKinseyPhD
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:39:23 PM
Women are NO LESS..... FICKLE..... ONLINE than OFFLINE.
 SarGasm
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:53:45 PM
i've learned that i'm here for the forums.

i'm a little pickier online...but at the same time i've learned that there's some pretty misleading photos out there as well.

when it comes right down to it, i view online dating the same way i view real life dating. i just stopped looking. if and when someone comes along that actually manages to hold my attention for more than five minutes, i may change my tune...but for whatever reason, Vancouver women my age aren't all that interesting.
 micky4367
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/2/2005 2:09:13 PM
I started coming to the forums basically through a friend...who thought i should for the social thing, have to admit..it's addictive stuff and opens the eye's and train of thought in new directions.
But i have also learned it is all too often used as yet another weapon against the opposite sex, or at it's worst character assassination...as if the world aint bad enough
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2005 2:22:10 PM
The ones I love are those internet " butterflies" .

They PM you , and you send them a short reply.

Afterwards you never get a response back.

Those are the ones you write off as just seeking attention.
 Mike24777
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/2/2005 2:48:21 PM
Women are way too full of themselves on online dating sites like they think they're some kinda royalty or something... they whine about never being able to find a good guy and while they're writing their forum post about how no good guys ever reply to them, one of them is writing her an email, and as soon as she gets it she reads and deletes it without replying.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/2/2005 3:51:51 PM
^^ I will forgive your blanket statement slamming women on online dating sites simply because of your age. Some of us do NOT whine ever and some of us get NO replies from ANY men, good or bad.
 Blastkist
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/2/2005 8:44:30 PM
I've learned that my chances of ever finding a healthy relationship with someone I meet here is highly unlikely...but it's something to do in the meantime.
 cazar
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/2/2005 9:52:51 PM
tis better to sit back n read
listen to what others say and are doing

then make your own decision

cudahudson
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/2/2005 9:57:22 PM
Whattafind.....I agree with you. I'm going to the mall next week and going into " Clubs R Us"
 geelong_guy05
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/2/2005 11:11:18 PM
Its beginning to look like a waste of time,
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What have you learned about online dating here?