Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 darrylsingle
Msg: 309
JERRY SPRINGER SHOW AND MORE Page 8 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
THE CUTIE YOU WANT -THEY DONT WANT YOU , THE ONES THEY WANT- DONT WANT THEM, I HAVE MEET A FEW ON HERE ... SCAREY......TO EVERYONE CONCERNS ,

1 - A LADY COULDNT HAVE A RELATIONSHIP, SO I WAS VERY KIND TO HER , MOVIE , DINNER , ETC- why she couldnt have a relationship , is she was waiting for her herbie test ., bingo it arrives POSTIVE

2 ) TALKS TO A BEAUTIFUL LADY , WAS GOING TO MEET HER- THEN THE SUBJECT COMES UP - SHE WAS HEPATIS C ...............

3 ) TOOK A LADY OUT- WE WHEN FOR SUPPER , WALKED WHITE-ROCK BEACH , LATER WHILE HEAVY KISSING ... LATER ON PHONE I TOLD HER , I SEE LONG TERM ......
SHE LASHING BACK- AS IT SHE HAS NEVER FELT LIKE A SLUT- FOR ME TOUCHING 1 NIPPLE , I REALLY DONT KNOW IF THIS WAS TO DO , WITH A BRAIN OPERATION SHE HAD 1 YEAR EARLIER ............

4 ) I HAVE QUIT MESSAGING WOMEN- , THERE ALL HERE FOR ATTENTION , SO THE CAN SEE - HOW MANY MEN THEY CAN PLAY- SOME HAVE FROM 5-139 ON THEIR LIST- MUST BE KOOL TO HAVE A GREAT SELECTION .......lol

5 ) even if you did meet someone you cared about from theres sites , what makes you think- whether man or women , you will be her only ...
STAY TUNE FOR JERRY SPRINGER SHOW

6 ) I HAVE MET A VERY SEXY AND SASSY , VERY ATTRACTIVE WOMEN- GREAT HEART , LOTS OF LOVE , AND VERY FUNNY- GOOD THING IT WASNT FROM THIS MEAT MARKET
 tmbmx
Msg: 310
What have you learned about online dating here?
Posted: 8/14/2005 8:22:57 PM
Being newly single after 18 years it has changed my view on life. I used to think it was just the 30 year old plus guy I worked with who were liars and cheater and would screw anything that moved. Since then I have found out that there are just as many dishonest women. I will never give up hope of finding a good one out there somewhere. Untill when I will just enjoy what I have.
 pky1988
Msg: 313
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:00:56 PM
I learned that everyone has issues but themselves. Some people think they're to good to chat with you, and some just have fun and chat. There are a few nice people but don't expect anything.
Some have not had a father or mother in there life and looking for a father figure,
Some are depressed and try to find a relationship to boost there spirits but it doesn’t work in the long run,.
Some don’t have a job but still trying to find themselves without getting there life in order,.
Some just like to chat to see what the world has to offer.
Some like to complain about there relationship and still stay in the bad situation.
Some are to fare away to really get to know.
Where are, what I call, the normal people that also have some sex appeal. When you see them.. Tell them I am looking.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 316
Posted: 8/19/2005 7:12:43 PM
montreal Oh, God montreal sometimes your humor just sneaks up and slays me. Groucho would be proud.
 Laddy_lady
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2007 7:21:11 PM
Today while reading this thread I learned that there are a lot of cynical people on here. How very sad. There may be some people on here, of both sexes, that are not being totally honest. I still believe, however, that there are many intelligent, thoughtful and honest men on here. The ones I find attractive do not always feel the same about me, and vice-versa. On here we can be selective in who we want to chat with, not everyone will match what we are looking for. One of these days we will find each other, and IT will be good.
 PickyProfessional
Msg: 324
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:56:47 PM
can sum it up in one line: kid-in-a-candy-store effect. they've done it to me and i've done it to them. not a nasty thing...just makes people reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy choosy. only problem with it is: once you've burned your way through they people you might like, there's no one new. these sites need fresh blood.
 knoxman
Msg: 342
Posted: 4/22/2007 6:25:33 AM
I've learned that(a top ten):
1-Most women in my area are looking for a loaded guy with Brad Pitt-like looks.
2-Some women like to type in ALL CAPS!!!
3-Some women should "lern to spel"(LOL).
4-Some women seem to be on here only to see how many responses they'll get as opposed to actually meeting someone.
5-Most women I've met here are still hung up on their ex. Ladies, they're an ex for a reason-it's over!
6-Some women claim to be moral church-goers who look down on anything anyone else does as being sinful-yet the pics they post are of them in lingerie/cleavage shots that would make Maxim magazine blush.
7-According to some women, "slightly overweight" could mean up to 350 lbs.
8-Some women aren't looking as much for a relationship as a "father for their kids".
9-For men AND women-Answering a question with "perfer not to say" means the answer is the one no one wants to hear.
10- Before I get tons of hate mail from the ladies out there, remember, ladies, that these observations can ALSO apply to the men,too.
 hywman3p
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2008 10:40:13 PM
I learned that to "succeed" here it requires t&a pix and a willingness to screw anyone. I am a complete failure

Well that means I'm out of here No t&a here --Umm well maybe one But for sure not the second lol--Still looking for some one to hold
 Babs
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2008 1:19:15 AM
OP: Ohhhhh definately, but that's just how men are.....believe me....from years of experience (and not necessarily my own) lol...in fact definately not, but I must say that the "mature" ones no-matter what age" and there can be quite a range there: are just like the rest of us!!! AND, are just looking for some one who is not afraid to love or be loved! I myself, have been searching for this for many years, and in fact have had this ooportuity several times, (should write a book, or 2 LOL), but the main idea to reflect on is there is no such thing as "the right one" and can be many, many "right people" for you but you have to be open-minded and willing to work at it!!!!!
 J.R.0950
Msg: 378
Posted: 3/1/2008 5:17:39 AM
ive learned that this site is just like the others,worthless.ive also learned that people in this area arent as friendly as they are out in the heartland of the country,and the women of central ohio are ,shall we say somewhat materialistic and uppity.
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 388
Posted: 3/1/2008 10:43:12 AM
That Women want sex just as much if not more then men... And that women older then my Mom are among them...
 *buzz*
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2008 1:40:42 PM
I laugh more on here than when watching telly but I like the network of people with sympathetic ear, shoulder to cry on and some with sober ideas on how to make IT work.
 untamed one
Msg: 392
Posted: 3/1/2008 1:48:46 PM

Men over 40 are delusional!

I've learned that bold , sweeping statements about the opposite sex are the best ..

The best years are the forties; after fifty a man begins to deteriorate, but in the forties he is at the maximum of his villainy.
- H. L. Mencken
 c_deacon
Msg: 397
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2008 10:08:56 PM
Such cynics on here....shakes head.....

I have learned that there are good people and bad people, just the same as any place else, or any other on line dating.....

The greatest good for me are those that are real and have shared that part with me on a personal level, and that can be here on line, the forums, or in person. We may have to weed our way through the muck, but life is worth the effort, and there are those of you that I am proud to call friends, lovers, and family......

Just my opinion.......
 C. Hanson
Msg: 410
Posted: 3/7/2008 12:53:55 PM
The question ... " What have you learned about online dating here? "
Well I have unfortunately found out quite a bit, and some of it which is not very comforting to hear, as you may know if you have ever seen my program.
The best advise I can give is to becareful and if your mind tells you something is not right about a person, it's usually true !
Lots of luck to everyone and be safe !
Chris
 fancynanci
Msg: 411
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2008 1:16:48 PM
I've learned not to say "yes" that easily when asked out or when asked for my phone number.
 daisymoon
Msg: 416
Posted: 3/10/2008 5:35:10 PM
I have learned, unfortunately the hard way, that a lot of people on here are always looking for the next best thing.. they can have a great date and hit it off really well with one person.. even talk about getting together again, blah, blah, blah....but they never give it a chance beyond the first date.... they just run right ahead to see what else is out there... and what's out there is not always better.

I've learned that guys will tell a woman what he thinks she wants to hear, just to make it easier on himself or to make her feel better, whatever. Spare me.. I'm an adult and I can handle rejection, the truth, whatever.

I've learned, sadly, that there are a lot of lonely people in this world!
 daisymoon
Msg: 422
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:55:36 AM

Just let it be.. If it happen, it happens and don't let rejection overrule your dating. Life's too short and live happily even without a partner!

I need to take this advice and follow it!
 TheLimey
Msg: 423
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 10:54:53 AM
From my profile:

DECODING WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS:
40-ish.................................49.
Adventurous.....................Slept with everyone.
Athletic...............................No breasts.
Average looking................Moooo.
Beautiful.............................Pathological liar.
Emotionally Secure...........On medication.
Feminist...............................Fat.
Free Spirit............................Junkie.
Friendship first.....................Former slut.
New-Age........................Body hair in the wrong places.
Old-fashioned.....................No B.J.'s
Open-minded......................Desperate.
Outgoing..............................Loud and embarrassing.
Professional........................Hooker.
Voluptuous......... ................Very fat.
Large frame..........................Hugely fat.

DICTIONARY FOR DECODING WOMEN'S ENGLISH:
Yes....................................No
No......................................Yes
Maybe.................................No
We need...............................I want
We need to talk......................You're in trouble
Sure, go ahead........................You better not
Do what you want..................You will pay for this later
I am not upset..............Of course, I am upset, you moron!
You're attentive tonight.....Is sex all you ever think about?

DICTIONARY FOR DECODING MEN'S ENGLISH:
I am hungry...........................I am hungry
I am sleepy............................I am sleepy
I am tired..............................I am tired
Nice dress..............................Nice cleavage!
I love you.............................Let's have sex now
I am bored..........................Do you want to have sex?
May I have this dance?.........I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I call you sometime?.......I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I take you to a movie?.....I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I take you to dinner?......I'd like to have sex with you.
Those shoes do not go with that outfit.............I'm gay
 daisymoon
Msg: 425
Posted: 3/11/2008 4:51:18 PM
I am starting to get very jaded... okay, even MORE jaded about dating sites and the whole dating thing in general. Yes, a lot of people really are just here for fun and games... and unfortunately, they ruin it for the people on here who are sincere about meeting someone. However, and I've said this before, this is a free site and in some ways you get what you pay for.
 beautifuldancer400
Msg: 436
Posted: 5/21/2008 4:57:20 PM

DECODING WOMEN'S PERSONAL ADS:
40-ish.................................49.
Adventurous.....................Slept with everyone.
Athletic...............................No breasts.
Average looking................Moooo.
Beautiful.............................Pathological liar.
Emotionally Secure...........On medication.
Feminist...............................Fat.
Free Spirit............................Junkie.
Friendship first.....................Former slut.
New-Age........................Body hair in the wrong places.
Old-fashioned.....................No B.J.'s
Open-minded......................Desperate.
Outgoing..............................Loud and embarrassing.
Professional........................Hooker.
Voluptuous......... ................Very fat.
Large frame..........................Hugely fat.

DICTIONARY FOR DECODING WOMEN'S ENGLISH:
Yes....................................No
No......................................Yes
Maybe.................................No
We need...............................I want
We need to talk......................You're in trouble
Sure, go ahead........................You better not
Do what you want..................You will pay for this later
I am not upset..............Of course, I am upset, you moron!
You're attentive tonight.....Is sex all you ever think about?

DICTIONARY FOR DECODING MEN'S ENGLISH:
I am hungry...........................I am hungry
I am sleepy............................I am sleepy
I am tired..............................I am tired
Nice dress..............................Nice cleavage!
I love you.............................Let's have sex now
I am bored..........................Do you want to have sex?
May I have this dance?.........I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I call you sometime?.......I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I take you to a movie?.....I'd like to have sex with you.
Can I take you to dinner?......I'd like to have sex with you.
Those shoes do not go with that outfit.............I'm gay

TxSippiGal
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2008 5:07:06 PM
Love it!!!! bd

What have I learned here?? Well.. that people can surprise you both good surprise and bad surprise. That although a guy acts very interested in you and says all the right stuff THAT does not mean he is interested in you.. it is part of the game.. the sell.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >