Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What's so Wrong with Being Jaded?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RocknChik
Msg: 126
What's so Wrong with Being Jaded?Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
It rubs off on the good people wanting to be happy. being jaded is such a negative thing like other negative emotions people pick up on them before picking up on a good emotion.
 ~Hello~
Msg: 127
What's so Wrong with Being Jaded?
Posted: 2/7/2009 10:38:48 AM
.........................................................................................................................................

Who the hell wants to start a relationship with a person with a chip on their shoulder or one that thinks ALL men/women are the same?
Bitter=lonely.

carolann0308 (Post 4) Right On!

Not a thing "wrong" with bitter, jaded, angry, baggage laden peeps - nothing at all. Just NOT (IMO) fit to get into a relationship with.

If you're still licking your wounds from what the last one did "to" you - you are Not ready to start up with someone new. JMHO
 flotsam
Msg: 128
Posted: 2/7/2009 11:41:24 AM
Being a little sad saying goodbye to our romantic idealism when we mature seems O.K. to me, but jaded? No. Too harsh and too general. It also says that I might be still hung up on "the ideal relationship", instead of a realistic satisfying one.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/7/2009 8:28:59 PM
Being jaded goes beyond relationships. Its not a state of being as a direct result of a bad relationship or a twangy country western song or even a worn out, trite phrase, it is a step up in growth and development.

I, personally, wouldn't want to start a relationship with someone who has taken the head in the sand approach to self examination and a hunger for knowledge and enlightenment.

How many of you have lost a loved one or have been forced to care for someone near to you who has become disabled, or have had a child that has teetered on the edge of death numerous times, or have had no food in your home to feed your family or had a business partner knife you in the back and off with your money? There are many, many ways to become more enlightened.

When you have run the crucible and made it, you look back at the experience with pride and gratitude. But you don't want to do it again. You DO look at others with a more wary eye, you DO consider each and every thing in a proactive way rather than looking back now with the same regrets.
 DaStefano
Msg: 130
Posted: 2/8/2009 12:06:23 AM
Here I stand, the goddess of Desire,
set men on fire,
I have this power,
morning noon and night it's drink and dancing,
some quick romancing,
and then a quick shower,
stage door johnnies always surround me,
they always hound me,
with one request,
who can satisfy their lustful habits,
I'm not a rabbit!
I need some rest!

I'm tired,
sick and tired of love,
I've had my fill of love,
from below and above,
tired,
tired of being admired,
tired of love uninspired,
let's face it,
I'm tired!

I've been with 1000's of men,
again and again,
they promise the moon,
they always coming and going,
going and coming,
and always too soon!
Right girls?

I'm tired,
tired of playing the game,
ain't it a crying shame?
I'm so tired,
God dammit I'm tired!

Hello cowboy, what's your name?
Tex 'mam
Tex 'mam ? Tell me Tex'mam, are you in show business?
No
We'll then why don't you get your freaking feet off here
La ha
Ah ha he hu...
Hello handsome, is that a 10 gallon hat? Or are you just enjoying the show?
Ah ha ah...
Oh miss lilly, oh my laby, oh my **** cat, put it there baby, put it... ohhhhh

I'm tired,
ain't it a crying shame,
I'm so tired

[soldiers:]
she's tired
-she's tired
sick and tired of love
-give her a break
she's had her fill of love
-she's not a snake
from below and above
-can't you see she's sick?
tired
-she's bushed
tired of being admired
-let her alone
tired of love uninspired
-get off the phone
she's tired
-don't you know she's pooped?

I've been with 1000's of men,
again and again,
they sing the same toon,
the start with Byron and Shelly,
and jump on your belly,
and bust your ballon!
aye!
tired,
ain't it a freakin shame,
I'm so...
let's face it,
everything below the waste is kapput!
 BOT TAK
Msg: 131
Posted: 2/24/2009 10:46:25 AM

You can be realistic and accept the way the world is without being jaded and bitter. Being jaded and bitter only attracts other people who are jaded and bitter. Being realistic is just seeing things for what they are. Being bitter and jaded are reactions. You can't change reality, but you can change how you react to it.

Not a thing "wrong" with bitter, jaded, angry, baggage laden peeps - nothing at all. Just NOT (IMO) fit to get into a relationship with.

If you're still licking your wounds from what the last one did "to" you - you are Not ready to start up with someone new. JMHO
absolutely
Get ready and don't jump in new relationship until all the bitterness is gone
 Danak26
Msg: 132
Posted: 6/29/2013 12:12:31 PM
Jaded is a good thing IMO. After you get so jaded, you stop caring about external reactions and people and no event or person will effect you at the core. It is just a step past apathy but only to add your life experience looking at the world through an uncaring and comedic filter.
 JeremyD4789
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2013 9:45:36 PM
Life's too short to be jaded. That's what's wrong with it.

I see a lot of people trying to argue the definition of it....however people have ignored the crux.

It's all about negativity.

Now people are trying to say that jaded people are smart because they recognize that humans in general are a negative lot,
but that's NOT what being jaded is.
Being jaded is when one assumes that negative attitude for themselves. They become the very thing they supposedly say they are critical of.

It's one thing, and realistic, to say many people are very negative.

It's another thing, and what jaded really is, to assume that negativity as one's own personality trait.
 summerdelight85
Msg: 134
Posted: 7/3/2013 7:45:53 AM
JeremyD4789 said it best!
Being bitter is dangerous. The choices are there. You can choose bitter or to forgive the person and move on.
Being bitter makes a person hateful and thus, slashes out on others. Bitter female bosses are hard to work for and they hate men. So same must be true for men. The person hate their opposite so why be in a relationship with bitter people?
It's cool to be bitter and know about it and be willing to deal with it but those who are bitter and go for a relationship while they are so hateful, that's harmful!
Jaded? Of course and to some degree, divorce people have been jaded. Bitter, not! I run from bitter men for the negativity is unhealthy.
 OutMind
Msg: 135
Posted: 7/3/2013 7:56:06 AM
Cortisol factories.

Anger. Frustration.

Serf fulfilling prophesies.

These things create a defense mechanism in the body that lowers the metabolism, makes you want to eat more, and retains energy as fat.

Happiness, not give a fvck, forgive, accept, welcome, endorphin factory, growth hormones.

It lowers your blood pressure, gives you bigger, harder hard ons. It repairs the body from physical exertion, it relaxes the mind and allows you do reach deeper sleep. Mix with exercise, stretch, yoga, meditation.

Then instead of being Jaded you will become pliant and accepting like a child. Happy and simple like the Dalai Lama.
 Vannili
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2013 9:54:03 AM
There is nothing wrong of being jaded, it is like walking in a pot hole on the street not paying attention where she is stepping. If she broke her ankle it is not the fault of the street pot hole ,it is hers.

takeachillpill or KISS MY ASS, every day we learn a lesson in life . We don't need to take a chill pill or kiss asses to get by and live happy and contented .......... just mt 2 cents
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2013 11:30:38 AM
I think being jaded has it's place in the emotional spectrum and its useful on the short term.
I think the real problem is when people make it a "goto" emotion or response.

When people rely on automatic reactions no good can come of it.

Jaded is a way of realizing that maybe you are a little burnt out or using the wrong approach.
Jaded? Sure, be jaded for a little bit, just dont forget to come back to yourself.

Nothing wrong with a LITTLE rest. :)
 you_needme
Msg: 138
Posted: 7/3/2013 4:50:02 PM

Being jaded denotes living off of preconceived notions and stereotypes you've built through your own chosen dating/romantic experience.
e.g. "This guy at work asked me out. He wants to date me. All the guys online that asked to meet and date me just wanted to have sex with me. Therefore this guy at work must just want to have sex with me. I hate men. They just want to have sex with me." Subsequently leading to her "getting back" at him for a perceived slight. All of this taking place on a mostly subconscious level.

The same thing could be asked
"What's wrong with being racist?"
"What's wrong with being misogynistic/misandrist/misanthropic ?"

Being jaded leads to subsequent poor treatment of others for perceived slights or traits that don't really exist.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/10/2013 6:48:58 PM

What's so wrong with being jaded?

There's a difference between feeling bitter toward an isolated situation or person for a while VS being a jaded person. Big difference. Know the difference. :)
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/10/2013 6:57:16 PM
There is healthy wisdom learned and assumption of universal guilt.

You CAN learn from your mistakes; but when what you learn is to universally paint every single individual based on the crimes or perceptions of crimes of a few, then you haven't really learned much of anything.

Be smart. Be observant. Don't be naive. But don't assume guilt until innocence is proven; because no one can ever prove themselves innocent. It is a no win proposition. For both parties.
 Vannili
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2013 5:18:07 AM
What's wrong with being jaded ? Big time WRONG because you are not using your commonsense on how to run your life
and you are being beat by life.............

edit : the same message of #168
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 142
Posted: 7/15/2013 9:08:53 AM
Franklin's Rule : Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.
Franklin's Observation Corollary : He that lives upon Hope dies farting.
 Vannili
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2013 9:43:42 AM
cowgirl, I am always hoping to win the poker slot machine and win the love of a man who is rich and handsome.....
and I am hoping one of these days it will come true.
I don't think my fart comes from my mind but from my windy rotten stomach from eating RICE AND BEANS, breakfast, tea time, lunch and dinner.
I don't know about Franklin rules but I have to have faith.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 144
Posted: 7/15/2013 9:52:19 AM

I think we all need to taste a little bitter to appreciate what's sweet.
You just can't stay that way forever. But a good bit of bitter never hurt anyone.
I think we learn from it just like any other emotion.
I've had some unsuccessful relationships and I needed to be a bit bitter for a bit.
I got over it with time
and move on...don't paint everyone in that "gender" with the same brush because of it.
I like this from a previous poster...exactly how I feel.
Confident-Realist wrote...

There's a difference between feeling bitter toward an isolated situation or person for a while VS being a jaded person. Big difference

That's the ticket!
 Mrjohnson0827
Msg: 145
Posted: 7/18/2013 5:02:45 PM
Nothing, as long as you don't bring it to the able with someone else.
 curviest
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2013 11:55:09 PM
Re Mr Johnson's post above:

I'd love to hear people's comments on this one:

Last night I was chatting to a 49-year-old guy online (another site, with a chat facility) and the conversation went like this..

He: Are you divorced?
Me: No, single.
He: Cos I don't date divorced women.
Me: (perplexed) Why's that?
He: They are bitter, you know, been hurt and all that.
Me: LOL - most people of our age have been hurt - haven't you?
He: Yeah, loads of times, and that is why I don't want a woman who's been spoiled, and is cynical about men. I want one who is still sweet and nice.
Me: You've been hurt lots of times, but you don't want a woman who has had the same experiences as you? I find that a bit illogical, TBH.
He: You sound cynical, just like the rest. Bye...

And he disconnected!
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 147
Posted: 7/20/2013 4:52:58 AM
^^^he wasn't asking you to question his wants.... he was asking you to appease them.

you didn't hear what he was really asking when he said "I want one who is still sweet and nice"

that was your cue to prove how sweet and nice you could be, but you called him illogical instead.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 148
Posted: 7/27/2013 5:21:14 PM
I'd say there's nothing wrong with being jaded, as long as it doesn't close your heart off to meeting new people. .or new potential dates. I believe I've already reached that point. . Yes, the common denominator is me . .but I just don't believe I'm meant to be in a relationship. A lot less stress and worry, that's for sure. I see my friends from time to time, but it would be nice to have someone to come home to. Unfortunately, that's just not in the cards for me. I have a certain set age group I'm attracted to. (closer to my age, and not interested in much older)
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/27/2013 5:46:21 PM

I'd say there's nothing wrong with being jaded, as long as it doesn't close your heart off to meeting new people. .or new potential dates. I believe I've already reached that point. . Yes, the common denominator is me . .but I just don't believe I'm meant to be in a relationship. A lot less stress and worry, that's for sure. I see my friends from time to time, but it would be nice to have someone to come home to. Unfortunately, that's just not in the cards for me.

Sometimes you just need a break, just cuz u feel like tht now doesn't mean it will be forever!
 lostsoultoo
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/27/2013 6:53:06 PM
When I read the posts from bitter/jaded people, I feel an intense pity that their hurt and pain has not subsided. We all have baggage at our age. It's something called life. And while our hurts can side track us, we should find ways to overcome the pain. It will get better, but if we hold onto the pain and try to keep safe from having it happen again, we are missing life, maybe the best days of our lives. Being jaded/bitter are normal due to certain aspects of our lives. It doesn't mean we have to stop living or feel everyone we run into is going to hurt us again.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What's so Wrong with Being Jaded?