Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Indi85
Msg: 6
Chelsea football club !Page 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Despite their recent sulk, I think Chelsea still has a strong shot at the title.
 jcengland
Msg: 38
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 2/9/2009 6:42:45 PM
I'm in an agreement with you. They do need an overhaul. Chelsea is getting relatively old for the league. With guys like Lampard, Ballack, Terry, Drogba, Deco, and a few others while they are still good and capable, are getting old.

Chelsea fc needs a new big trade to keep competing with the top clubs.

Oh and this just in Scolari is sacked, maybe that'll help
 northsideboy
Msg: 43
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 2/12/2009 6:08:04 AM
A poor move yet again by Chelsea showing again money does not earn you respect or history. They sack a manager who takes them to two titles, then the next one gets sacked for making the CL final and now with 4 months to go Big Phil gets punted for not being top of the EPL.

That Rusky should pack up and find another sport to ruin with his money.
 heyhd
Msg: 46
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 2/14/2009 2:24:12 PM
It's kinda sweet for me that the downfall was initiated by my team Roma whooping their asses in CL , at the Olimpico. Seeing everyone at a loss at how to manage this mini-Galactico of a team should make Chelski fans appreciate what they had with Moan-inho, all his faults notwithstanding.
 heyhd
Msg: 49
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 2/14/2009 7:33:56 PM
well I'm certainly enjoying the soundbites provided each week courtesy of Mourinho in Serie A. He's already kicked up a mini shitstorm of sorts with his comments about the refs.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 134
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/10/2009 10:20:10 AM
LOL who p[issed Chelsea off today? I bet it was a certain ref...and Arsenal pays the price.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 138
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/11/2009 1:34:26 PM
How do you say "celery" in Spanish?

IDK--I like Chelsea cuz they're purdy. I do not know why people think they play "anti-football".

=========
Yes, it's sort of a joke, though, from a nasty song.
 sum1reel
Msg: 142
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/13/2009 11:58:10 PM

I can't speak for all Chelsea supporters, but I support Chelsea FC because I like the Club with a passion

Passionate about Chelsea???.....who are you kidding man!....you support them cause Abramovich has deep pockets and is able to buy some very expensive players.

the word 'Love', but I reserve that for humans

...and there is alot love being shared on some of these threads.........wudn't you agree!

sum1reel
Msg: 147
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:20:31 PM
^

Here comes the boredom of the next 3½ months with no football.

.......it shouldn't be too boring as you'll see much action in the transfer markets.....chelsea have been in a major drought as they can't seem to win any 'silverware' at all so expect abramovich to go fishing for some more heavy-weights.

....its probably gonna be a money war between ManC and chelse......as money is no object with Man-c...........either way i'd expect Man-U to repeat in Epl for 210 as they have enormous depth.
 sum1reel
Msg: 153
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/18/2009 6:22:50 PM
@chels

I would prefer Rikkard as he is a very passionate manager that proved his worth at Barcelona and I feel could bring a bit of passion to the bridge. We shall see.

......Ummmm....i could be mistaken but didn't rikard bomb out at barca?....and even if he didn't then why did they let him go?........he sure as hell stunk out when he came state-side to LAG of the MLS (where he was lured in by beckham) and he was promptly shown out the door!.............but maybe neither place was for him....maybe he likes colder climates who knows!
-----------------------------------

@ hala

The thing about the Language barrier is that, a coach/manager without proper English would find it difficult to make his point across, and also find it difficult to motivate the players when they are having a rough time.

.....there are what is called 'professional translators'.............to me...it would be absurd for a team like chelsea NOT to have hired translators, given the HUGE amounts they spend on buying players.........you'd at least wanna make sure they knew what was being said to them.................so if a communication problem(as you alluded to) was the main reason why Scolari sucked out at chelse then how F'ing stupid does that make abramovich look?

Capello's English is good enough, 100 times better than scolari's and im also sure better than Ancelotti's.

...again i could be wrong but where the hell would capello have gotten such a good command of english....at least better than scolari or ance?.........cap never hardly set foot in the UK... did he?

..with all the money your FA is paying him its very hard to believe they've haven't given him a translator when he's working.................but again, i could be wrong, maybe Beckham was tutoring him on his days off while they were both at RM.
 sum1reel
Msg: 155
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/18/2009 7:52:56 PM

.he sure as hell stunk out when he came state-side to LAG of the MLS (where he was lured in by beckham) and he was promptly shown out the door!

....i think it was gullit who coached LA, not rikard........my error!......
----------------------

By the time the interpreter has translated it, the impact the speech would have made had it come directly from the original source would have lost its effect.

.......this would be true if you are leading a squad of soldiers on a dangerous assault mission, but you are talking about a game of rich men!..............do you think that the "rolls royce boyz" such as lampard, anelka, ballak, required inspirational pep talks to perk up their pace on the field?...............they woulda been laffing under their breaths if guus (or even scolari) were trying to do that?..........players feed off one another!........when a player takes charge and comes up big, it lifts the morale of the others...and it goes from there!
 sum1reel
Msg: 160
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:13:46 PM
@kirk

I'm sorry, but the top professionals in the world are still human beings...and they respond to situations and adversity and so on like human beings...if the manager has no influence on the dressing room, then I think an awful lot of people in a lot of sports the world over are labouring under illusions.

.......a coach's job is to lay down the proper strategy that best fits the team such that they can get the most out of what talent they have......in doing so the players learn to have confidence in their coach's directives, and with that confidence they go out and play at their utmost.............it is the captain's job to sound the battle cry and lead by example, and from which all other players ought to measure themselves against.......and not the rantings of some revivalist of a manager who is trying to bull-schit the players into playing at a higher level

Having played a number of team sports personally, I have to say that the difference a manager can make even at half time with how he can help a team mentally regroup, encourage, give people a bollicking where it's needed and so on cannot be overstated.

........yeah, if you are talking about playing in some pub-team.........but not as far as it concerns big-ego professionals who make 50 times more than the manager does....in the pros, you have to walk a fine line on which you risk brushing your players the wrong way with what is said to them......in which case you'll never get them to respond the way you want!

Players know that they need this kind of presence in their dressing room, and when it's not there, their performances begin to suffer and the manager goes!

.....i could perhaps understand this if a good team is playing some of the bottom dwellers in a meaningless game......maybe they could use some uplifting sermons to keep them from going into a stupor on the field in the middle of the game.....but not in a high stakes game such as the CL playoffs!

Did you not hear the story of Hiddink laying into the players at half time against Liverpool recently in the CL? They were a completely different team in the second half....

.....so then you are saying (at least indirectly) that Chelse walked onto the field against LP under-motivated???..........and it required a half-time rant from guus to get them on track???..................if this is true (and i'm not saying it isn't), then WTF does this say about the character of these chelsea players?..............i mean, if these guys can't get themselves sufficiently wired up by playing in a CL game, then by how much more are they under performing when they play in matches of lesser importance?

the players acknowledged that they had responded to the manager's half time rant..

........man, if i was a player....i'd be embarassed as hell to even wanna admit to something like this.....................but hey, maybe its because i'm from a different culture....a culture in which we are expected to 'earn' the money we are paid!

@hala

From the way things are unfolding, Ancelotti may finally get the Job,

.........Ance himself has been denying over and over any intentions to wanting the job....don't you think he would look pretty foolish if he all of a sudden changed his mind?......i'm not even sure why he'd want it, considering all the crap he'd have to deal with.....................in a language that he can't converse well with!
 sum1reel
Msg: 161
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:40:58 PM
chelse is better off getting moyes...........he knows the deal in th epl!.............but abramovich is too crazed about winning the CL!...........too bad!

Or.........maybe they can get ranieri back.......i see he's looking for a job!........Oh, but he couldn't win chels a CL either!.........that rules him out!
 sum1reel
Msg: 167
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/20/2009 6:24:16 AM

Moyes? Since when did he throw his name into the hat? He isnt going to leave Everton, he has got them to the FA Cup final. They will want to keep him as he has proved to be a fantastic manager on a somewhat limited means (financially).

........are you that sure of this?.........don't be surprised if you start hearing more news about him going to chels..........remember, money changes everything!!!

@hala

Silvio Berlusconi, the owner of AC Milan accused Carlo of costing the Club the serie A title this season due to his tactics.

................doesn't mean that he'll be going to chelse if he leaves ACM........and besides, why would abramovich wanna hire someone who has employed dubious "tactics" with ACM so as to lose out on the serie A title..i know there were some players with nagging injuries but he can't say he didn't have the talent!....i think Ance has lost his touch a bit since 07.................ance has never managed outside the serie A(to my knowledge) and he just may be a repeat of scolari........abramovich can't be that stupid, or can he!

As for Moyes, like Chelseachelle said...he ain't gonna leave Everton after his good work, he still has unfinished business @ Everton!

......as i said, money changes everything.......if abramovich really wants him, he'll have him....he is right in his own backyard!

@Kirk

And I'm sorry, you are mistaking professionalism for being a robot. Of course you need leaders on the pitch. But there are frequently occasions that human beings in these situations need someone who can get them right mentally when things are going wrong.

....big name players are often fussy overindulged ego driven pple with thin veneers....you have to be careful how you handle them and what is said to them.....you can't make a player/s think like they need motivation, and least not in public lest they get insulted..........under performance of a few key players can cost a manager his job..................the proper way a manger can do it is to UNDERSTAND what makes a player tick and provide an atmosphere where he can thrive and enjoy himself....a player doesn't wanna be talked down to, or made to think he isn't playing up to par (even though many do not!).........a captain's job is very important cause he can relate better to his peers and can often be the key in getting a player up from a funk

The importance of the manager in this regard cannot be overstated and it seems to me that if you do not understand this...well...I think it testifies further as to a lack of fundamental knowledge of the game.

..........as i said, the job of the manager is to understand his players such that they can thrive at their best within the atmosphere he helps create........a manager can easily sour the mood if he does or says a series of wrong things...(ie: scolari).......i can't see alex ferg doing a revivalist pitch to guys like rooney/ronaldo to rev them up.....his mere presence and didactics is enuff as he commands total respect from his players.......likewise i can't see guys like messi, eto and henry requiring pep talks from guardiola in order to up their respective performances on the field......these guys are all business, they perform at top level virtually all the time!...........furthermore, when you are at work you do you need a motivational talk during mid-day in order to improve your motivation for the 2nd half of your work day?

And...btw...you come from a culture, it seems to me, that celebrates some of the worst prima-donna, diva sporting professionals we've ever seen

....no kirk, we don't actually celebrate them...we are merely entertained by them much as we are by the antics of movie stars.

@hala

Sum1, if that is the feeling you have, it's either;
(1) You clearly do not know much about Football
(2) You try to make arguments out of assumption, thereby neglecting the FACTS, or...
(3) You just want to argue for arguing sake!

........it isn't a matter of not knowing about "football" as much as it is about knowing what makes a player tick...regardless of whatever FACTS you think there are.....btw, this isn't an argument, its a discussion so if you don't wanna partake, you don't have to respond...i couldn't care less!

need is a good Leader...a Leader that can direct and motivate them, hence the constant sacking and hiring of Managers!

...like i keep saying, what they need is a good place to feel comfortable so they can thrive at what a particular player does best!.........why do think many of the big name players who went over to RM bombed out???............do you think its because they weren't motivated enuff by the coach or manager?........if it was just a question of pepping them up they woulda hired 100 psychologists.................but it wasn't that at all, it was the atmosphere that was(and still is) projected by management that has resulted in the under performance of most their stars!

If your argument is that Players do not necessarily need to be motivated by Managers, so why is it then that every Football Club wants to hire an experienced Manager?

..........Ummmmmm....maybe its because he has acquired enuff wisdom and experience to know how to devise strategy and tactics so as to get better results with the players he has.............don't ya think!!!!!!!!

Even the presidents of countries that have the power @ the palms of their hands still seek advice from their personal advisors.

...they seek advise from experts in a given field so they can gain more insight into a problem......not because they need to motivated and pepped up by them.

Money is not everything in football, sometimes the money can even turn the players' heads and they lose focus...it happens!
So in that case, instead of the money being the motivator, it turns out to be the opposite...the distractor!

...agreed here!.......and when this is identified then some expert (as well as the captain and coach) needs to have a private chat with said player in order to find out how the problem can be solved!

you guys will have to excuse me now cause i gotta go to work.....and boy i can't wait till lunch time when my boss gives us all a motivational talk so that we focus on doing our job better!

sum1reel
Msg: 168
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 5/20/2009 6:24:41 AM
double posted here.... deleted
 sum1reel
Msg: 243
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 6/2/2009 6:36:58 AM
what i heard is that Ance gets in excess of 10 mil E/season (in a 3 year deal)...plus incentives, .....so he'll be under the microscope................and hiddink may be waiting in the wings after the 2010 WC, so if Ance doesn't perform as expected, he will be replaced by him.... as Abramovich has shown.........if that does happen, he may then have to pay Guus even more money!
 sum1reel
Msg: 247
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 6/6/2009 10:45:43 PM

I just think barcelona have the best academy on the planet even losing fabrigas and look how he as turned out.

...i could be wrong but i don't think most of the top Epl teams invest very much in youth player development like those in some other leagues........keep in mind that they are owned by foreign mega-tycoons who want a strong and competitive team as soon as possible....and hence, the reason why these clubs have acquired all these foreigners who have established themselves as top players.
 sum1reel
Msg: 250
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 6/9/2009 12:50:07 PM
....Brazil is the hot-bed of all new talent!.........teams like MU have a vested interest in there.... as they are trying to buy rights of under age players who are good prospects...its these kids (like Rafael) who will fill all youth development teams...that is how most of the top Epl teams are positioning themselves..........unless Fifa puts a stop to this unfair practice!
 sum1reel
Msg: 255
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 6/10/2009 9:58:41 PM
it seems that Pirlo is now interested in talking with Chelse.....as he is publicly disgusted by the sale of Kaka.........i think somebody like him would fit in better at chelsea rather than Pato (who would cost chelsea an arm and 2 legs to buy!) as they are already well stocked with attackers!
 sum1reel
Msg: 259
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:22:18 AM

what they need to invest in is young hungry lads (regardless of amount) that have not won any major trophy @ Club level.

....then why is somebody like de santo sitting on the bench?

So who is pirlo gonna dislodge in that solid midfield?

......i've read and heard that there are chelsea supporters who have been dissapointed in what lampard has accomplished (on the whole).....but i could be wrong, maybe its just their frustrations coming through............but since you say you have all these 'solid' players in all positions then there must be some other reason why the team hasn't met expectations!

lack of hunger maybe...as you say!...........if so then i think some of these 'solid' players need to depart......that is the only remedy for a 'full stomach'!
 CK1708
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 9/3/2009 8:07:30 AM
I would like to take this moment to laugh at Chelsea who can't buy anybody until Jan 2011
 ThePerfectCrime
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 10/10/2009 4:32:32 PM
No history is a poor argument. I'm not a Chelsea supporter but fans who use the history argument are just being a bit desperate with their chants and insults.
 caddboy
Msg: 275
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 10/18/2009 12:40:29 AM
Bad day for Chelsea yesterday. put the Red Devils back on top.
 sum1reel
Msg: 282
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 11/19/2009 6:04:51 AM

how on earth did evans get away with what i would call chest breaking kick on drogba?

its by way of justice!...........as drogba is one of the biggest sneaks/divers in the world today!
 sum1reel
Msg: 285
Chelsea football club !
Posted: 11/19/2009 6:09:37 PM

the kick was just too dangerous to be ignored by the ref!

man, you don't get it!.......drogba has made a career of diving and cheating....so when he gets struck like that, real or not......most refs are gonna think he's pulling another stunt...so i'm not surprised that the ref ignored it, and i don't blame him 1 bit!

speaking of cheating.....i guess its official that Henry has become the "new" Maradona!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >