Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *topchef*
Msg: 58
Do you believe a woman when she says ...Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Anyone remember the movie "Pleasantville"....it seems our OP is still living in his black and white world.

I wonder what Joan of Arc would have thought about his comments on women soldiers??
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 59
Do you believe a woman when she says ...
Posted: 1/21/2009 7:50:22 AM

You know, kind of like we can tolerate women's figure skating

I bet men would be suddenly very interested if it was Nude Women's Figure Skating though.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 7:53:23 AM
Living on the same continent .. that being .. North America, Canadians get the CNN channel... We know what is happening to the USA just as much as Americans do. Don't blame Canadians for the very news that your own country feeds to the rest of the world. You are what you are. Lil Brooker speaks the truth as the rest of the world sees it... Own it... It is what it is.

This topic was about women who pretend to be something they are not. Lets not make the subject about a country that thinks they are something that they are not, or what they pretend to be.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/21/2009 8:30:20 AM
You are so right, wishes granted. elabs went off-topic with his ranting on page 5 (msg 124). Let's not feed the troll any further!!
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 8:53:53 AM
Well thanks for the acknowledgement Sweet.. but Elabs is a woman.. a brave and courages military woman, actually. I believe she stated her opinion (which she has the right to do) and was attacked for it... which somehow escalated into a nationality conflict that was not started by her. ("someone's" assumption that she was American and that "woman have no business in the military" started it) In any event.. yes, lets not feed the troll(s) whomever they may be.

Edit to address post below: That's okay.. You're Canadian.. we're well known for our politeness ... Eh! *grinz - and passes the maple syrup*
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/21/2009 9:13:57 AM
LOL See what happens when I do not put my reading glasses on!!!! Oops...Sorry!!!!
 compleat_man
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/21/2009 10:21:27 AM

Maybe if other countries would mind their own business and tend to their own festering problems,

hahah you have to be kidding? I'm pretty sure the USA is the only country on the face of the earth that has militarily invaded and occupied 2 (count 'em, TWO) foreign & sovereign countries (Afghanistan & Iraq) within the past decade..well maybe count the UK in as well, since they 'participated' in both of these

like... the USA has no 'domestic' problems at home to take care of?

imploding economy, millions of homeless people, health care crisis, skyrocketing energy costs (thanks in part to the invasions), Wall St. collapse, "Big 3" automakers on the edge of bankruptcy, rampant street crime, drug addictions, highest prison incarceration rate in the 'free world ', etc., etc.

it is to laugh..
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 11:55:37 AM

hey, Wishes Granted, if you share the attitude that "all Americans are ignorant," then who am I to ruin your fun? Just carry on.
Where on earth did you get that? You are being pretentious in assuming that I think all American's are ignorant.. As for your post #197 in that instance; .. A better adjective would be delusional. I have no beaf with You or Americans in general so please leave me out of your patriotic dribble.
BTW the term "stupid Americans" was never used. The term "Stupid American" (singular ~ meaning One) was the phrase uttered. (and not by me I might add)
I concede that simple term "ignorant" without the nationality added would have been a better choice.

On topic: Op has put a burr in the collective female butt... Are you happy Sir?
 god_of_rock
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/21/2009 12:45:07 PM
yes I do..

Neanderthal, much?
 PainsAGateway
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/21/2009 1:05:26 PM
I personally have been interested in Wrestling from a very young age...I competed in Olympic Freestyle wrestling for 7 years...I joined a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu team on the side, and in between all that, I was going to the gym and lifting weights. Those are all "men hobbies"...
I also like camping, and hiking, and all of that fun stuff..roughing it, getting dirty...love it.
I follow the NHL, but only because of my Dad, brother, and boyfriend's interest...it rubbed off on me...but I find I can get into most sports pretty easily as I have a good foundation already, so I just change the equipment and rules a bit and almost anything can make sense.
So, I can see myself saying that I enjoy those things...although I can understand that some girls would "pretend" to impress their SO...even though it will just cause problems in the future when they realize they don't really have anything in common, and she just can't stand him watching "the game" anymore.
 Vannili
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 3:13:03 PM
Msg 1-- would you say that cooking, fishing ,tailoring,knitting,gardening growing flowers, ,interior decoration,,make ups,hairstyling is only invented by women? But there are men that involved on these matters. I dont believe that there are masculine and feminine on doing things even on any games. Fishing,camping, huntings,rockclimbing,skydiving (during world war),skiing ,these were necessities of life long time ago (and it is not invented ) that now they are making into hobbies. I believe when a woman says what she likes on doing things as her sport hobbies or vocations why would she lie?, what I don't believe is when a guy would say that it is a guy invention that women should not participate in it ? Come on get real I will not impress a man to like me for telling lies that I don't like and pretend that I like because it is his things ,no way Jose!!!
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 6:43:47 AM
Msg 209
Otherwise, they're just trying to impress you
Takes one ta know one
 *topchef*
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/23/2009 3:37:08 AM
Are we keeping score here??

So far....

4 for
.....and COUNTLESS against.

I think the results speak for themselves.
 blondi75
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Just my two cents!!
Posted: 1/23/2009 7:07:18 AM
The truth is I’m sure that there are women out their that lie to impress men. I for one love the race track. I would so love to ride in a car around the track. I like all sports but I rather watch in person than on TV. I love going to hockey games! I love motor cross and monster trucks!!!! I would not tell a guy that to impress him because I don’t really care. I feel like if I have to lie to impress a guy then it’s not worth it!! You can always tell if their telling the truth by asking questions. Like who is ranked number one. Ya take her for a hike. When she is passed out on the rocks say I thought you liked to hike LOL. Well just my two cents!!
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Just my two cents!!
Posted: 1/23/2009 7:36:46 AM

When she is passed out on the rocks say I thought you liked to hike LOL
LoL.. I can see it now..

Him: "I thought you liked to hike?
Her: " well yea, the one mile hike.. Not the two mile kind.. geesh, buddy!"
 rustytraveler
Msg: 77
Just my two cents!!
Posted: 1/23/2009 8:43:11 AM
There have been some really funny responses to TimothyPauls question here and so many obviously never bothered to look at his profile to get a feel for if he was a leg puller or not .

My take Timothy is that many people lie online... can't really figure out why if they actually want to meet up with someone in real life? But they do.... both sexes.

Are some women athletic, I guess the olympics prove that it's so, do some of them camp? No doubt if they were raised in a camp out kind of family...why not?

Are some men as athletic and active as they say they are? Some are and some aren't. Are they as tall or the age they say are? Maybe.

I guess a lot of people are just trying to put a shine on the apple, because they are getting older like everyone else and feeling uncomfortable as aging daters....hey that's the breaks, reality bites.

Personally I think it would be a lot wiser to come clean and just tell people who you really are and what you really want. Oh and here's a concept......expend the energy to actually know who and what that is .
 tchofclas
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Just my two cents!!
Posted: 1/23/2009 8:50:54 AM
So I guess when I played hockey in the early '60's, yes you read that right, 1960's, and our team, (Parry Sound) won the Ontario championship, we all did it to attract 'boys'? We weren't old enough to be interested in men! Am I still interested in hockey? Yes, at the lower levels. Coached when my son was young, but when the NHL franchise expanded, and hockey became a free for all, in spit of the fact I have no interest in boxing, I think if I went to a boxing match, maybe a hockey game would break out? (Said tongue in cheek) Played baseball, have no interest in watching it Hated basketball, I'm 5'2, volleyball, yck! Love the monster trucks, big truck drag racing, won a few spike driving contests, like target practice, had a gun license when I was 16, guess I better turn in my woman card!
And I just read an article in an older Toronto Sun about a store in Port Credit, run by Canada's fastest knitter, (2nd in the world) who teaches knitting Quote "especially to guys" August 21,2008, pg 53, yeah, I'm a little behind in my news.
To the op, yes some women probably do lie about it, just as some men do to catch your interest. Horses have been my passion all my life. My EX husband actually bought a horse from me, but turned out it really wasn't what he was interested in, and also had a relationship with another man who pretended for over a year to have a real interest in the horses, turned out he was more interested in his half of the farm.
OT Spokenfor the op has returned several times to add comments, so I guess you haven't really been following the topic, just what you want to pick apart? And as others have said, if you had checked your facts, you'd know your next door neighbor,that would be Canada, is always one of the first to contribute to your natural disasters, and that included Katrina, when your own government turned a blind eye to the suffering in New Orleans, but I guess that was media propaganda too, right? Of course you won't be reading this as you vowed to leave the thread numerous posts ago! Only to return? Credibility? Hmmm!
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/24/2009 5:28:31 AM

She shoots She scores!p/

Well done! A big high-5 to you...or maybe a friendly little hip check! lol
 LukeMM23
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/24/2009 1:54:38 PM
Interesting thread. OP, this is touchy stuff actually. You had to have expect some offended ladies posting here. But, I think the OP does know that there are women love the sports listed, including boxing.

Here's the opposing argument. How many women out there today understand their own feminine roles? Or even apply any femine personality to a relationship?

I'm not being sexist here. It's an observation. Enjoying sports is one thing. Foregoing your feminity to fit in with men or be equals is another.

I've encountered my share of women or girls who prefer to dress in loose men's clothing. I understand the reason for it. It is comfort to wear bigger clothes that hides the human form. But I don't understand why they think a man would be aroused by this. Maybe it's just the fact that chivalry or just the concept of complimenting a woman on how she looks has been thrown out the window. Or, maybe the ladies just don't care if they attract a guy or not. It makes no difference. I'm not aroused by a woman who wears the clothes on a date that my buddy or I would wear.

I'm sure I'm gonna get a backlash as sure as the OP did. But, I just wanted to voice my thoughts and feelings on this.
 Cogie36
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 2:15:58 PM
This post is very sexist......plenty of men and women do have the same interests....you must of been burnt by women saying they like this or that and actually didnt.......dont lump all of us in the same catagories ......not everyone is a liar.....
 aliveone1
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 5:52:59 PM
Are you for real? LOL

Take a look at what has been called my "butchier" picture.

Clearly, you wouldn't want to try wresting or kick boxing with me. Especially not if a I had my "Cramp-Ons" on! And especially not after asking such a stupid question! LOL
 kezza79
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/25/2009 6:58:51 AM
well i must say i love football (afl) wwf,cricket but only one day and 20\20 oh and beach i all so love car stuff like burn out cars and racing and i love fishing but i do believe some girls do say they like this stuff to catch the male i guess
 italianguydave
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/25/2009 10:49:03 PM

but I do believe that men should leave 2 things to women and only to women ...
#1 childbirth
#2 sexy lingery

I'll second that

And OP - I think you need to check your calender it's 2009 not 1909
 italianguydave
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/25/2009 10:54:50 PM

Rdurante writes,

...I fought in the army oh wait men invented war.. why the hell did they give me an M16??

That's what I want to know.

My money is on that she could whoop ur a$$ and I have no clue what she's packin'. When's the last time you severed your country? Probably never... That comment I take personally, especially since a women saved my behind after being injured, during an op.

So Mr. Manly Man (OP), lets see you shooting skills my guess you could have a yellow bus 100 meters in front of you and would miss the entire bus.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/25/2009 10:58:29 PM
I hate sports unless one considers Scrabble, fishing, chess, darts, bowling and miniature golf "sports". When a man glibly states, "Go Cowboys or Eagles or Broncos or Red Birds or Blue Birds or Do Do Birds.......he immediately goes down several knotches in my perspective.

Rock climbing is for goats. Golf is for people who want to be outdoors but can't figure out a better way to accomplish it. Diving is for people with suicidal ideation right along with surfing and sky diving....sorry, just my opinion.

But, hey, go for it. Whatever toots your whistle or turns your crank....I'd rather clep out of a college class or write a beautiful piece or go on a photo shoot or completely redecorate a house or room or plan a fabulous party.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >