Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 freetime2bme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What the hell is he thinkingPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
What do they call trailer trash in the UK?
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 4
What the hell is he thinking
Posted: 1/17/2009 1:33:50 PM
What is he thinking? What are you thinking?!? Why would you care what he is doing? He probably told his wife the same bs when they got together. This male walked away from his wife and children, and you are amazed he walked away from you. You should be glad he is gone. In the future you should be more careful about who you let met your son.
 carolann0308
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 1:43:56 PM
He left his own kids without a blink of the eye, He told me he has only ever wanted to meet someone like me and have kids with someone he truely loves..and that was me

Explain to me why you would expect any better treatment from this man? The minute you started dating you knew his history and welcomed him into your bed and your child's life with open arms. Are men that scarce in your town?
The kind of person who can turn his back on his own flesh and blood will always treat everyone else like crap. He always wanted kids with a woman he loved and that was you? How did you keep your lunch down after that remark? What a load of BS. He was willing to say anything to get into your pants, and you believed every word.
Did you think he would suddenly become husband and father of the year because of YOUR influence. You're not even divorced yourself.
Garbage always stinks.
 wanderbaby
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 9:23:18 PM
It's tough when you're in the situation to know that the person you're with isn't healthy for you, and you ignore the signs because you think he's the one for you. I hope this is a learning lesson. I think in one way or another, we've all been in the same boat in some way, and all we can do is learn from it and do things differently.

It's a red flag to me when I see a parent that isn't that involved in his/her kids lives, I have no respect for any parent that chooses not to be a part of their kids' lives.

You need to face up to reality and stop thinking of what he's thinking and doing. He's not worth it. Stop reflecting on your illusion of your relationship with him. An on/off relationship isn't healthy nor is it effective in making a good, steady relationship for both you and your son. Your son is affected only because for the most part you are still stressed, hurt, and he's feeling that too. If you can't move on for your sake, do so for your son . Work on yourself, join a hobby to help vent out your emotions and help strengthen your self esteem. Be an example to your son, that you can get back up once you're done. After all when he goes through this in his dating life, you don't want to see him mope around and compare the ex with what you and he use to do.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >