Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Redlance71
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Having relations w/ a married womanPage 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
This one cuts close to home. I was deployed to the desert when my previous ex wife cheated around on me and sent me a "Dear John" letter. Dude, drop her like a bad habit. You should NOT be going there. Military wives are amongst the cruelest species of human I have ever seen. My story was bad enough, I know many worse horror stories. My theory is military spouses resent a soldier's absolute obedience, loyalty, and intimacy to thier career. It's similar to doctors and lawyers cept they do it for money and prestige - I think we both know what the more honerable profession is.

Listen, I am not saying her husband is a saint. I am not saying they did not actually agree to this thing. I am saying is he is far from home, his wife is most likely his link to normality, reality and home - in essence the center of his humanity while he is in Afghanatan. And here she is having sex with you and talking about you being the one that got away. Think about it. Sorry dude, that is just wrong and classless. Dump it, yesterday!
 kpooks
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Having relations w/ a married woman
Posted: 2/11/2009 7:24:08 AM
Bad, bad idea. Even if her husband is NOT the jealous type...which, who knows whether he is or not--she could have made up any story she wanted--can you imagine, a war-hardened veteran coming home to find out his wife has been banging some other guy? With his training and combat experience, not to mention being mentally warped by the carnage he saw over there, he could go ballistic and KILL you both!!!...the wifey is always going to go back to the hubby, so you don't want to get at all attached to this woman.
 CookieLady66
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/11/2009 11:06:18 AM
I have nothing but contempt for people who screw around when they're MARRIED, and disgust for the morons who try to justify it.

jm0405
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/11/2009 1:03:05 PM
This entire situation is wrong!!! I just think it's beyond heartless in that the one being cheated on is at war. He does not deserve this by a long shot! Klown, knowing better, apprised of the complete situation deserves to be neutered.
 Redlance71
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 1:28:28 PM
Okay, not all military spouses are unfaithful or cruel. And certainly not all soldiers are great people who never do that themselves. I was in the military a total of 8 years. I'd have to count on two hands at least how many opportunities there were, or seemed to be for me to "score" a "lonely" wife. Even when I was married in military it happened even more! Never cashed in on it, so the next guy down the rank dipped into it. A recent poster mentions maybe he's a loser, maybe he'll get back and get violent. It's a safe bet, regardless of previous knowledge or not, when that soldier gets home he will be much more prone to do harm to others or himself than if she did not screw around. His first target will be the OP. Most military units are tight, as are circles of military wives. They do love to gossip, expecially if this is on base housing. It would be less than 24 hours before he finds out name and other info on the OP. He'll have others help. When he's found, since the guy is Army, he'll likely attack the OP one on one. IF he's Marine his who squad most likely will. Subtle differences there and it's not an absolute, just a good generalization. Either way, if I was the OP I would be very nervous. Now excuse me, I'm gonna dig "Soldier Boy" then "My boyfriend's back" out of my 60's MP3 folder and play it for fun ;)
 Redlance71
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 5:30:29 PM
RE: "This guy posted about sleeping with some military guys wife (who volunteered herself for it, so if anyone was in the "wrong" here it would definitely be her) and I'm trying to tell it to him like it really is. "

Trust me, if his wife were in these forums I'd eat her for dinner, and NOT the way she'd like it! If a military member has an affair they can and often are brought up on Adultery charges which lands them some confinement and a nasty mark on thier record. The spouses are not subject to the UCMJ like they are.

OP, you are:
a) Half a man for having sex with another man's wife, regardless of the situation.
b) A person with little redeeming values by being intmate with a soldier's wife, little regard for anything or anyone. His wife is worse imho but that no excuse for you.
c)In need of a plan for when the husband gets back home(IF he gets back home). You will not likely get out of this unhurt. IF her husband falls in AFghanastan, HOW THE **** WILL YOU FEEL THEN? HUH PUNK? YOU EVER THINK OF THAT???

GODDDDD THIS PISSES ME OFF lol! Peace, out!
 freetime2bme
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 11:31:14 AM
"how do people justify "cheating" on their spouses, or doing it with a married person?"

Doing it with a married women, is often one of the best women to do it with. They don't want a big night out on the town first, because they are married and can't be seen. They don't worry about who you are seeing, because it would be just two faced. They don't pressure you to take the relationship to the next level. All they want is sex and like I said a slice of bread from a cut loaf is never missed. Win Win!
 rioisk
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 5:16:51 PM
go kill yourself.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/19/2010 1:11:46 AM
The two of you are the scum of the earth!!!!!
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 6:55:59 AM
I have to agree with sonicbliss, though I do think there are enough questionable elements in the OP's story to wonder what the real story is.

I personally know of a totally legitimate situation of this type. The couple has an open relationship. I've talked to them both (they're friends and neighbors) and they both confirm it. He is in Afghanistan but on shorter, specialty deployments. He is more than fine with his wife having lovers while he's gone, and enjoys hearing the stories about her adventures. They also have a very long term and very solid relationship. I have no interest in being one of her adventures, but their arrangement is very real and has worked for them for years.
 Thunderstruck29
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 8:01:23 AM
I have been in relationships with married women and if you are looking for true love, its pretty much a wast of time and you are only gonna get hurt.

I dated one married woman for several years. She lied and claimed she was divorced to the ex, who lived downstairs. I later found out that she in fact had not divorced him, but had stopped sleeping with him and had a habit of finding a new lover every three years for sex and romance. After three years, she found somebody else and I found out about him and the husband and I left. The husband left too and explained to me about how she would find some younger guy every few years and tire of them and replace them with another.
In time, I forgave her. In December I was in that city and called to cadge a free meal off her. Nobody was more surprised than me when we wound up in bed that night and she kept going on and on about me being the great love of her life, yatta, yatta, yatta.
The next day she was significantly cooler towards me and I began to suspect I had been connived into a booty call.
A few weeks later I get a flurry of text messages from her current husband (she lied again and said she was not with anybody) wanting to know who I was as he found some text messages on her phone.

A lot of it depends on the person. If they are lying to you to get sex or romance you are better off avoiding them.
On the other hand, one of my friends is a swinger and we have been intimate. Her husband knows about her swinging and doesn't mind. Its just a physical thing between people who like each other and are into swinging. Its a fun relationship that has caused me nothing but joy. The difference is my friend is honest with everybody and doesnt lie to a man about love to get sex.

The problem many people have is jealousy and if you are into monogamy messing around with a married person is emotional dynamite. Eventually, if you are prone to jealousy or monogamous by nature you will get jealous and upset that the married lady doesn't leave her mate for you.

And remember, if she will leave him for you, she will leave you for somebody else.

If you are a swinger and you are into what is called NSA relationships in the lifestyle, and you find a married woman in an open relationship, go for it.
However, even some swingers have problems with this stuff.

Non swinger married women are not worth the aggravation of dealing with. They tend to be selfish and by their very nature they are untrustworthy and disloyal.

One of my friends is still heartbroken and bitter years after messing with a married woman. She asked him to leave his ex wife and get a place where they could be together and he did.
Then she went back to her husband and left him high and dry.
I myself nearly ruined my life when I left the place I live and work now because my own ex promised me if I moved to another state we would wed and be together. After I did that she changed her mind. And started sleeping with a college kid half her age behind my back.
 TheFallenJester
Msg: 119
Responses...
Posted: 1/19/2010 8:54:41 AM
Do you know what happens to the servicemember when he finds out his wife/fiancee is screwing around while he get serenaded to .50 cal gunfire at 3 in the morning walking to the latrines, or pulls his buddies from a truck that ran over the pressure plate of an IED, or foregos food for days as a result of constant RPG or mortar fire?

As if we don't go through enough over there, and the one thing that She has to do is keep her legs together for a year....
Where's the loyalty eh?

Karma's a ****.
 singleagain66
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/19/2010 10:27:57 AM
My Ex did that to me when I was in Kuwa/Iraq and I was only there for like thirteen months. And yes you may not go nowhere for or get married but you have to think about the fact would you want that done to you. And if she loves her husband that much she would not be doing what she is doing but to each their own and if she sleeping with you then how can you be sure she is not sleeping with others.

Karma is a bad thing is all am saying
 RK831
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/19/2010 11:56:22 AM
Take no chances, dude. There are a lot of possessive people out there, and by sleeping with a married woman you risk a bullet in your head.
 CookieLady66
Msg: 127
Posted: 1/19/2010 1:16:41 PM
I think you're a jerk. She is too. Why can't people respect marriage???

I hope her husband comes back from Afghanistan & kicks both your sorry a$$e$!
 Strings6
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2010 3:21:16 PM
westsisguy,no it doesn't solve everything but some people deserve it and in their case it is a solution.

gunny2nd,welcome to our amoral society where anything goes,alot of those who defend him have done the same or would do it themselves if the had the chance...some of them probably got caught and that is why they are here.
 NYCman530
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:41:02 AM
I wouldn't participate in an adultrous act under any circumstances. This guy's overseas fighting for his country. I think it's a total lack of respect on both your parts for her husband and also a lack of self respect. And she very well may have lied to you about her husband being okay with it and even if he was, it's still totally wrong as far as I'm concerned.
 NYCman530
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:42:00 AM
Wally, Quit Teasing The Beaver: Too funny!
 big pacific
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2010 7:49:57 AM
How on EARTH can you defend someone allowing a woman to commit adultery with a soldier overseas, and say it's no different?

Heres the deal. There are people sacrificing out there, risking life and limb to keep those that can't or won't fight safe. Those people risk life, limb, marriage, mental state and a myriad of other things while dealing with hell. To think that they have to worry about adultery WHILE dealing with essentially the worst scenario possible, is abhorrent at best. They sacrifice everything, volunteer to defend us, and you think this deserves no consideration? I'm embarrassed we share the same citizenship.

Honestly it almost feels like they should be charged with treason.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 141
Responses...
Posted: 1/20/2010 10:59:11 PM
Thefallenjester.........AMEN AND AMEN!!!!!!!!!
 brownie360
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 2:35:20 AM
Lemme get this straight; Her HUSBAND is fighting for OUR freedom and She's getting dckd down by you? You fckng degenerate nimrods are LOSERS!!!
 CookieLady66
Msg: 145
Posted: 4/5/2010 1:02:44 PM
I hope the Husband shoots your azz & gives her the boot when he returns!!
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2010 10:34:42 PM
Damn Son, you are just loaded with honor and integrity. Are you by any chance a TV evangelist or politician?
 briargate
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/8/2010 5:03:50 AM
I had the "pleasure" of witnessing just this sort of thing at a roommate's apartment a few years ago. She had a visiting girlfriend sleeping on the floor in the living room. Long story short, but the friend picked up some guy at a bar and they had sex out in the living room. I get up early for work and the guy sheepishly asks me for a ride to his car. The girl was passed out. So it turns out this guy is married and his wife is deployed to Iraq. Same BS, they had some agreement. I have to tell you, this guy looked pretty pathetic to me.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2010 6:13:19 AM
I have a friend on his 5th deployment now, this is on top of a korea assinment and a year at school were his wife was a way from him. His wife has done two deployments. At the end of this deployment he and his wife of over 20 years will have done more then 12 of those years apart. His feelings on this are simple, who wants to give up sex for one year, it would be crazzy to go without sex for 12. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with. They had a few rules about things, but at the end of the day they are still happy with each other and I don't know any other two that were apart that much that were still together, let alone still happy with each other. To each there own. For these two the only way they did not end up divorced was to just except the other one was not going go without for years. If they can deal with it why should any one care or judge them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >