Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > It's Always 5 O'Clock Somewhere Meet & Greet 1-31-09 7PM Jefferson Co      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 26
It's Always 5 O'Clock Somewhere Meet & Greet 1-31-09 7PM Jefferson County & SurroundingPage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
what she said ^^^

Hey Kat, can you toss out a hotel link just in case?
I'm looking forward to this; sign ups are looking good!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 27
It's Always 5 O'Clock Somewhere Meet & Greet 1-31-09 7PM Jefferson County & Surrounding
Posted: 1/24/2009 9:30:00 AM
I can do that...or I will tell you what...here is the info I found as far as nearest hotels...but peeps interested need to call for rates and such. :O) I will add this to page one, as well.

Super 8 Motel
1711 Hwy Z
Pevely, MO 63070 (ab0ut 5 miles, maybe?)
(636) 475-4900
www.super8.com

Pleasant View Motel (VERY chintzy place!)
4301 Jeffco Blvd
Arnold, MO 63010 (about 6 miles, maybe?)
(636) 464-3301

Also, if you get back on 55, it is easy access to Imperial and Festus area hotels. :)
 Bruuno
Msg: 28
It's Always 5 O'Clock Somewhere Meet & Greet 1-31-09 7PM Jefferson County & Surrounding
Posted: 1/24/2009 4:44:22 PM
Kat , I wasnt putting the place down at all....I really like 5 oclock. They did a great job on the bar and I have had lots of fun there. I was just mentioning an alternative if there was any problems there. The place is a lot of fun and they have great food there. I am sure it will be a great time. I will be there and cant wait to meet you guys. I am trying to talk a bunch of my single friends into coming with me. Male and female...there a blast....
 Dodieodo
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:54:20 AM
Dang! I am gonna miss this one since I will be out of town that weekend visiting my friend in Rodgersville (we are actually going to the party in Springfield at Midnight Rodeo) but I do hope you all have a great time! I have been to 5 o'clock Somewhere and it is not too bad, the band was good and the crowd was decent but gotta say I would not recomment the Pleasant View Motel, you would do best to try the Super 8 where at least they clean and change the sheets!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/25/2009 10:41:34 AM
Dodie, you will be missed!
Hey Kat you can take the 'tentative' away, I will be there for sure Saturday night

I'd be willing to carpool from south county area; I don't need to get that night cause I have the Superbowl Party to host with the Skip(per) the next day!
Anyone who knows me, please email me on the site.
 Sunniedays
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/25/2009 3:38:54 PM
Won't be making this one. Looking forward to see all at the Superbowl party!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/26/2009 6:16:39 PM
I can't haul your happy booty to Barnhart that night Skip, maybe you can catch a ride with someone else who may be showing up later? Just a thought; we can still go, just can't be stupidly wasted is all LOL
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/26/2009 7:16:06 PM
And Denise and Skip...those of you I know on a very personal level...are welcome to crash at my place...just bring sleeping stuff! I live a few miles from there.

This is gonna be a NO SHOTS party for me....just a few cold beers and hopefully sweating those off to some booty shaking with the band!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/26/2009 8:16:05 PM
thanks for the offer, Kat, I'll see how I feel as the night goes on..maybe I'll make that one an early night, oh why would I do that, I could stay out as late as I wanted ;) LOL
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/27/2009 6:31:50 AM
LOL....fruit salad of bras!!!

Hey Skip....the feeling like a Mac Truck hit you has nada to do with it being AT my place! And I thought you were going to say something about my not BEING HERE that time!

Hey...I am NOT getting lit. I am NOT doing ANY shots. I seriously gave myself alcohol poisoning at Shady Jack's and it was NOT a pleasant experience. I need to face it...I am just TOO OLD to party like a rock star.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/27/2009 9:54:58 AM
LOL...turkey butt, Skip!!

Hey...since this is our first gig here at 5 O'Clock Somewhere....I would like to ask that everyone attending, signed up, please email 5 random people, minimally....and invite them to come check out a POF party! :O)

I try to do such for every party...and both genders!

I just might be able to score a prize for the person who is responsible for bringing the most friends along!

Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/27/2009 11:47:13 AM
Joni, as long as you don't plan on eating the fruit out of the bras, that's fine with me!!!

Kat, you should know better than toss out a 'challenge', heheheehhe
I sent out a few emails..but then a close friend says watch out you don't get banned..well we're all out for a good time/fun that would be and that's what it's all about..living our lives to the extent and meeting new folks and someone finding their match!!

How about those that are signed up, throw the upcoming party links in their profiles and then contacting someone they would like to meet in person to see if they can attend?!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/27/2009 12:09:27 PM
Awesome, MW...got you down with Kelly for the last slot, as needed. :)

Denise...we cannot get banned for sending out personal emails with an invite. The only thing that is really against the rules, is "cross posting." Directing people on one thread, to the party thread...but that's even a thin line. (If someone asked, for example...it would be ok to reply...but POF wants the threads to stay as on topic as possible.)

What I do is, do random searches by age, gender, and location...the latter being the most important. I also look at the "newest users" and make sure to write them.

I then send a PERSONAL note to each...telling about the get togethers, and why I thought they might enjoy such. :) And I include the link to the thread. :)
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/27/2009 1:53:19 PM
yes, the link to the thread was included on my notes; I sent out to 4 at least; one said he had to work weekends, so I suggested he make it to a mid-week event if available ;)

I also put this on one of my other forum threads for those in the area, more than welcome :)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/27/2009 5:44:48 PM
I just sent out about 8...including one to an old girlfriend who signed up for Shady's but never showed. Hoping she will show for this one...have not seen her since our kids were all in school, probably. LOL I was her daughter's girl scout leader!

Anyhoot...will be fun...and another group of new folks, it looks like!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/27/2009 7:54:41 PM
yes, of course ~ I saw lots of newbies signed for this event as well as some of the other linked gatherings!

At least the weather should be good for next Saturday night! I'll be happy to see the sun shining once again and warmer temps!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/28/2009 5:52:36 AM
Me too, Denise! I use Yahoo weather...it's the only one that is accurate for me in my area...and it says we will have highs of 33 tomorrow, but no sun. But by Saturday we will have Mr. Glorious Sun coming out bright and shiny in the upper 40's! :O)

Sign ups are creeping along slowly...and I guesstimate we will have about 60 or so at this one. Tis ok though! I LIKE the smaller get togethers!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/28/2009 9:31:18 AM
yeehaw a whopping 33 degrees, that's like a heat-wave around this time of year! Maybe it'll melt a little of this white stuff out there...i stayed home today because the extra ice and snow we got yesterday left us snowed in the house and surrounding streets...

as far as Saturday goes..looks like your #'s are about right for this one but like you said, smaller crowds are easier to get around and see/meet more people :)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/28/2009 9:41:41 AM
Well they are climbing still....but the venue itself can host WAY more. It has banquet rooms as well, so overflow could be accommodated. :O)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/28/2009 9:52:43 AM
kinda looks like an ice cube that needs but you could also use the guy!! LOL

My road is still covered to a sense that you cannot see any asphalt. I mean, shoveling once, don't cut it...you gotta shovel multiple times and SALT, hello!!! LOL
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 46
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/28/2009 5:08:23 PM
Joni...it is a CINCH, actually! It is right offa Hwy 55. The Barnhart/Hwy M exit. Go EAST on Hwy M and then SOUTH on 61/67. The bar is about 1 mile total, off the highway. :O)

M'Lee....dambit!!!!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/28/2009 6:35:28 PM
Duh Oh...thought you meant physically finding the place waaay out here. LMAO

Well...a MASS MAIL has already been sent out. That goes to everyone who has ever signed up for a party I have hosted, as well as everyone within a certain mileage who are signed up to receive local events info.

So it went to over 1300 people. :O)

There is also the LOCAL EVENTS button at the top of your INBOX.

But the mass mail, and WORD OF MOUTH is the best method. That is why I always suggest to people that they EMAIL others, randomly. If everyone did a search for 5 women, and 5 men within 10 miles of Barnhart (63012) then the sign ups would sky rocket! :O)

But...Barnhart sounds soooooo far away! LOL No worries...seriously...the smaller parties end up being the most fun! ;O) And keep in mind...sign ups typically double. :)

Edit to add:
I also copy and paste the party thread to a MySpace Bulletin...list it in my Yahoo Messenger Away message, and more. :O)
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/28/2009 7:43:11 PM
Joni ~
tell em to cross the bridge
hit 255 to 270 south
go to Barnhart exit/Highway M
and then follow Kat's directions on the main page

other than that, even if they can't find it by word of mouth, they can map it from where they live and make it there.

I plan on driving out sometime Saturday afternoon to find in daylight before driving out in the night to meet up with you all.

As far as newbies finding us in the forums
Tell em to go to Forums, Missouri and start reading
and the links for the events aren't 'green' anymore they are blue, at the bottom of inbox pages..hopefully that helps.....
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/29/2009 10:20:09 AM
Hey all...wanted to see if anyone who is 100% coming, has a digital camera, who is also willing to snap some specific pics?

We are going to have a few casual ice breaker "games" of sort...one is "Famous Couples Matchup"...sort of like "Guess Who I Am" but you have to find your better half by asking yes and no questions! :O)

I would love it if those who find their "match" could get a pic snapped for the aftermath thread! :O)

Reminder...we are playing 50/50 Split the Pot!! (Optional participation!) Basically, you write your name on as many dollar bills as you wish to play with...and at the end of the night, a bill is drawn and you then get half the "pot!" We will also continue to draw bills for any door prizes that end up being donated...must be present to win! We will start drawing at midnight! :O)
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > It's Always 5 O'Clock Somewhere Meet & Greet 1-31-09 7PM Jefferson County & Surrounding