Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Question for the menPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Some men will date a pregnant woman. One of my friends met her husband when she was pregnant and they didn't marry for like 3-4 years.

It doesn't sound like you were overly emotionally involved with the father of this child but between the hormones, etc. I would not recommend getting into a relationship. Whether there are men that would be interested in good company without anything leaning toward long-term, who knows at this juncture.

I think if the opportunity arises for an enjoyable evening, whatever with a guy, go for it. Otherwise, concentrate on your baby and your education. Trust me, that is a pretty full plate.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Question for the men
Posted: 1/20/2009 8:27:26 AM
Q: whether men would consider dating a woman who is pregnant?

A: I am sure there are some out there, but they are far from your normal guy. I think it would be creepy to date a women that is pregnat from a differnt man, but there are guy that are only into pregnate girls maybe you can hook up with one of them.

"We have no intentions of raising this child together." Does this mean he will never want visitation with his child? Remeber that his thoughts are on this now might change also.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Question for the men
Posted: 1/20/2009 11:46:02 AM
"Also, the father has chosen to not be involved with me. He may want visitations in the future, but I am not going to withhold from dating because he might change his mind. He is the least of my concerns. He's had his chance and declined it."

WOW you do not understand how visitation and the involvement of other parents can and does effect relationships. I don't know any of my friends that would date a pregnate girl, one or two might just on a booty call with one, but most would not even do that. But say you find a normal guy and start dating is the childs father coming into the story after the child is born for reguare visitation going to effect the relationship? You have lots of open issuesquestions and the kind of guy that would jump into that is a big red flag if you ask me, but you seem kind of like a big red flag also, so what do I know.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Question for the men
Posted: 1/21/2009 5:04:24 AM
But you say things like "***hole ways". You asked for advice you got advice. You did not like it and started with name calling HMMMMMM. It is not rude to think a women just out of a relationship getting ready to have someones baby is a red flag. That is what most people think, even if some will not say it or tell you even when you asked.
 thunder2010
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Question for the men
Posted: 1/21/2009 1:51:09 PM
I belive that a quality man would have the sence to understand, and if love was involed would not go anywhere.
 FastReb
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Question for the men
Posted: 1/21/2009 9:30:38 PM
If you run into someone, where all cylinders are firing and you just "click," nothing else should stop you. Many people will come into and leave your life, but I really believe you only get so many chances to find the one you think is right for you.

Of course, in a short while, you won't have to tell anyone you're pregnant. They'll be able to see it for themselves. However, until then, I think you need to tell anyone, if you become interested in them, that you are already pregnant. There will be the chance they'll take off for the hills, of course. But if they don't, then you can concentrate on developing the relationship without the pressure of, "Will they accept me when they find out I'm pregnant?" being a consideration.

Now, I adopted a child that also wasn't my SO's either, so you can take what I wrote with a grain of salt and I won''t take offense.
 gravelman
Msg: 14
Question for the men
Posted: 1/24/2009 10:05:07 AM
If you find a guy that loves you and your child, it will not matter to him if you are pregnant or have a new born and he will be there for the both of you. If you allow a new man into your life now and allow him in the delivery room with you, he might real think it is his child being born. That is one special moment to anyone, natural father or not.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >