Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Age Gaps      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flipacoin
Msg: 51
Age GapsPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
‘A restless vitality wells up as we approach 30. Almost everyone wants to make some alteration. If he has been dutifully performing in his corporate slot, he may suddenly feel to narrowed and restricted. If he has been in a long period of training, such as medicine, he may wonder at this point if life is all work and no play. If she has been at home with children, she itches to expand her horizons. If she has been out pursuing a career, she feels a longing for emotional attachments. The impulse to broaden often leads us to action even before we know what we are missing.

The restrictions we feel on nearing 30 are the outgrowth of the choices of the twenties, choices that may have been perfectly appropriate to that stage. Now the fit feels different. We become aware of some inner aspect that has been left out. It may make itself felt suddenly, emphatically. More often it begins as a slow drum roll, a vague but persistent sense of wanting to be something more’.

Gail Sheehy, Passages

Its quite clear that Sheehy is relating to peoples needs on nearing thirty, but this extract can also be used in relation to the discussion. I would imagine, well i know lol, that in most cases the younger of the two will outgrow the relationship. Only in very rare cases would an eighteen year old guy/gal stay in a lifelong relationship with someone ten years older. The problem is, yes two people can click and fall in love, the reltionship might last two, three or five years but 95% of the time it will end in failure because of the outgrowth.
 leahhere
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Age Gaps
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:27:43 AM
You are!! Acceptance is the final stage of mourning and by far the most rewarding.javascript:smilie('')
 daisypetalpicking
Msg: 53
Age Gaps
Posted: 7/30/2011 11:58:31 AM
I think it depends on what you are looking for in the long term..If it's just fun and you are both over the legal age (meaning it's not a jailable offence) haha then go for it but if you are looking for a committed relationship obviously there has to be a connection both mentally as well as the physical and don't think a vast age gap allows that for obvious reasons.. But hey different strokes for different folks we are all unique and whatever rocks your boat..
 IL2F
Msg: 54
Age Gaps
Posted: 8/7/2011 4:49:47 AM
I know of a woman that married a fellow that was four years older than her father.
 cc7up
Msg: 55
Age Gaps
Posted: 8/9/2011 9:24:25 PM
So what happens when the older man's son comes on to his peer age step mum or vice-versa?

There may be trouble ahead...
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Age Gaps