Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 msdreama
Msg: 38
Age GapsPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
As long as the person of interest is of legal age, who's to say but I and most might have a problem with "barely legal" I guess, when the younger person is of an older age: such as 25 to your 37, it might not rouse as many scowls.
Yes, people seem less critical of a young man with older woman. I am 44 going on 45 and my boyfriend is 28. (been together 2 years)even though we have a 17 year gap...I would not date someone under say, 25.
I get DEMI MOORE jokes and comments all the time. I do not consider myself a cougar, because I did not pursue him it was the other way around.. (cougar hunter, I guess)
So, even though I don't quite like that you are wanting one so young, I do not want to sound like a hipocrit. so I,m on the fence.
Dreama
 Sherlock101
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Age Gaps
Posted: 2/17/2009 9:41:51 PM
There are always exceptions to the rule but in general big age differences don't last. I also think it has a lot to do with what stage in life the age is. When we were young in High school we dated almost exclusively within 1 to 3 years of our age. When we were in our 20s, most dated around our age or a bit older. 30s were semi wide open.

When I was younger almost all my relationships were with someone older, usually only a few years older. Now that I’m in my 40s and happy "POF doesn’t change the age with time," I find myself dating women 5 to 10 years younger for the most part.

I think it's a bit different for me though. I never married or had children and I think most people age in many ways by growing with a marriage and children. A route many time's I wish I would have taken but alas I didn't.

Its true age is a state of mind but there comes a time when your body might not feel the same as your mind and your tolerance, energy aren't what they use to be.
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 44
Age Gaps
Posted: 3/4/2009 8:59:48 AM
That formula sounds good to me. In theory. Only problem i see is the human factor. Maturity, Chemistry, Desire, in other words all the other intangibles that go with it. I still say that some of the greatest memories i have in life had nothing to do with age.
 leahhere
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Age Gaps
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:27:43 AM
You are!! Acceptance is the final stage of mourning and by far the most rewarding.javascript:smilie('')
 daisypetalpicking
Msg: 53
Age Gaps
Posted: 7/30/2011 11:58:31 AM
I think it depends on what you are looking for in the long term..If it's just fun and you are both over the legal age (meaning it's not a jailable offence) haha then go for it but if you are looking for a committed relationship obviously there has to be a connection both mentally as well as the physical and don't think a vast age gap allows that for obvious reasons.. But hey different strokes for different folks we are all unique and whatever rocks your boat..
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  >