Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What Would Do If Your Date Said To You, "I'm Use To Dating Someone Be      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EvilLolli
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What Would Do If Your Date Said To You, I'm Use To Dating Someone Better Looking Than You?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I would have the same response to that statement as I had to one I heard recently apllied to me, to the curb you go mister. Any person(male or female) that puts up w/ any statement along these lines has serious self esteem issues.

"I am used to dating better looking people" is along the lines of "I had to date several other people to appreciate you". Either way, even if the sentiment is true, keep it to yourself. There are times when total honest is just more brutal than neccessary.

I used to date guys based on their looks, but I wouldn't rub it in any ones face. That's just so immature and class-less. I would hope after a certain age the tact button would become active.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 27
What Would Do If Your Date Said To You, I'm Use To Dating Someone Better Looking Than You?
Posted: 5/31/2009 11:07:36 PM
I'd say:
Heck ya, you should date him!
cus if he's better lookin then me....
he must be pretty damn good looking!
:-P
 el lagarto
Msg: 28
What Would Do If Your Date Said To You, I'm Use To Dating Someone Better Looking Than You?
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:58:33 AM
I think I would say : "me too , but I thought I'd broaden my scope alittle " !
 army3
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/10/2009 5:49:58 PM
Sounds like a very inconciderate person to me. Maby if you knew the whole story things would look different. Maby the woman thought she was the queen bee and needed to get knocked over to remember that she wasn't god's gift to men. Maby he was messing with her and she said something just as bad to him later. I've seen a good many couples that joke around like that these days. There are alot of unseen factors with this story. Was it their first date?..............
 JoeiR
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:11:11 PM
OOOOooo...I would have ordered the tallest drink; probably hot water or tea, and dumped it on top of his head and made him pay for the whole meal.

Then (since I usually drive myself to dates), I'd peel out of the parking lot and get the hell out before the police shows up!
 JoeiR
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:14:46 PM

Then she said that in the middle of eating, it looked like the got into a heat arguement and that's when she said the woman through her drink in the guy's face and walked out.

Oh shit I missed this part....you go girl! Never mind stooping to his level, embarrase his ass in front of the whole resturaunt. She should have left as soon as he said the first shit
 PacificStar
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:33:38 PM
I have always worked from the premis that "there is no punishment like silence for a fool". I would probably just be so angry I would be stunned at first then I would try to make it as awkward as possible until I could excuse myself never acknowledgeing his remark.
 bighearted33
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/11/2009 12:04:19 AM
I would say nothing just calmly get up and leave as there is no point in trying to tell somone how wrong they were for saying it couse they just do not get it, becouse if they did they would not of said it in the first place.
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/11/2009 12:08:22 AM
"Well don't let me slow you down Hunny. Thanks for dinner. Hope you have cab fare. Bub-bye now."
 Dro0o0o
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/11/2009 12:18:51 AM
If a woman were to say something like that to me, especially on a first or second date, I would just smile. Then reply: "We really do have a lot in common. I was about to say the same thing to you. But then there's a few things we don't have in common. Like a sense of tact. Because I didn't actually say it."
 Fifi47
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/11/2009 12:18:00 PM
I have yet to meet a man who frequents places that serve Cristal champagne, however I do find it appealing. Most likely you would need to grab his mug of beer or bottle of bourbon and run like a bandit.....
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:44:36 PM
I've heard something similar to that ages ago, my reply was, "Really.. And how does someone like you manage to attract these better-looking women?". He actually went on to explain how he thought he attracted them... he had no idea he'd been put down. When he'd finished his BS, I laughed and got up and left without a word.

The moron actually asked me out again.
 CChauncey
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2009 1:10:10 PM
That is inexcusable. If it happened to me, I would probably chuckle a bit. Especially on a first date, I wouldn't care about the person enough to even get mad.
 kpooks
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 10:09:41 AM
I would say "then why didn't it work out then, hmmmm? Maybe you should go back to dating them!" and then say "I don't see the point in continuing here", get a doggy bag and leave.
 LuvjenNJ
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/14/2009 1:15:22 PM
I think I'd go Scarlet O'Hara on him and splash my drink in his face and make an extremely dramatic exit.
 Zardoz451
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:48:08 PM
Cretin: "I'm used to dating someone better looking than you."
Me: "Oh really? Me too!"

Cretin: "I'm used to dating someone better looking than you."
Me: "Your mother must be VERY attractive then."
 zephyrmoon
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:56:04 PM

So people, how would you react if your date said that they were use to dating someone better loking to you?

Unbelievable! I think I’d like to go with one of these two replies:

I guess one could say "Wow, I was just thinking the same thing about you but I didn't want to be a jerk by saying it out loud."

Or

I understand completely. I'm used to dating someone smarter than you." Then I'd kindly ask, "what became of that better looking someone? She decide prostitution was a step UP? "

If only I could be that quick on the uptake!

Regardless of what I’d say, the date would end very quickly. After all, I wouldn’t want to keep the poor guy form his better-looking prospects any longer than I had to.

Guys, honestly. Monitor yourselves!

Edit: Just read Zardoz's quip about "your mother." OMG!!
 Dceeeee
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:10:51 PM
I would have a hard tme being rude, even if they were rude first. It's just not me. BUT...he would never get another date, so hopefully he wasn't planning on it.

This is a classic sign of a potential abuser. The first step is to lower your self-esteem. BTDT...never again!

~DC~
 ncessential
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/14/2009 9:32:32 PM
I would probably start laughing, after the initial shock. Then tell him, gosh that is so funny. I was thinking the same thing about you.
 SueCat51
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:56:48 PM
I'd tell the guy not to let the door slam his ass when I kick him to the curb side. I'd get out and walk out on him, right then and there. That's low blow, period, end of story.
 SandraB56
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/28/2009 2:32:57 PM
That's funny I got told once Gee you are better looking in person than your photo. I was speechless. The date did not go well.
If a guy said that to me, I'd say well nice meeting such a jerk as you, don't call me and I won't call you. Ta ra.
 TedJMill
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 8:06:04 PM
I'd take it as a serious evaluation of me, rather than as being rude. I might say something like "But am I smarter than them?"
 Fifi47
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/7/2009 5:36:25 AM
I have had an experience when someone let loose with a spew of insulting comments about me, and got up and walked out. The man seated at the table next to me put the moronic man in his place - he was still seated looking at my steak dinner that he was going to have to pay for muttering what a **** I was. I had made the comment that he was an arrogant SOB, and gotten up to walk out when the man seated at the table next to us stood up and let loose with his opinion of Mr. no manners.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What Would Do If Your Date Said To You, "I'm Use To Dating Someone Better Looking Than You?"