Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Toilet seats and toothpaste      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Toilet seats and toothpastePage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

It only takes a short while for people to blow their fuse when inundated with these kinds of sloppy living conditions day after day after day.

Where is the humanity?

I hear ya. I'm not a neat freak, but I do a pretty good job of keeping my house clean, picking up after myself, etc. I don't think I would fair too well with a 'hoarder'. YIKES!!

~ds~
 Smarts and Heart
Msg: 54
Toilet seats and toothpaste
Posted: 6/23/2010 7:57:17 AM
OP...sometimes good relationships go bad despite all efforts and bad relationships endure. There's no rhyme or reason. I've never sweated the small things, and always picked my battles with the kids and with my spouse when we were married. I was literally the "godmother" and problem solver for everyone! Every single holiday was at my house, even for his extended family of 30 people! I worked 60- 70 hours a week in the family business and kept the family together!
We married really young and he "didn't realize how exeptional his family and wife really were simply because that's all he had ever known". (These are his own words, 4 years later!)
The cold cinders of his affair are truly no consolation now!

I divorced after 29 years of marriage after he had an affair with a co-worker and truthfully my life did a 180 degree turn for the better. The amount of stress in my life decreased 100%+, but up until 4 months after my separation I would never have believed that I was stressed, because that's all I had known. I suffered from high blood pressure and really high cholesterol that was not food related and my doctor kept insisting it was life-style related and that I had to change things! But I didn't know how to change things! Fate took care of it for me!
Within 6 months of my separation all levels were down to normal! 4 years later I feel better mentally and physically than I did 15 years ago!
What I've learned is to respect and love myself enough to expect the same consideration, support and love from a SO as I can give. I'm better off alone, than with someone who can't be there for me as well.
Sometimes an unbalanced relationship can jepordize your actual life!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 55
Toilet seats and toothpaste
Posted: 6/23/2010 2:17:15 PM

With that being said...what have you learned from past relationships....what will you take or not take into the next relationship......for me, I know having a cat will save a lot future arguments.

LOL ~ funny!!

~OT~ I've never really cared about the "small stuff" like toothpaste/cleaning/laundry/toilet seats/etc. To me? I'm perfectly capable of screwing on a cap someone else leaves off, I know how to lower the toilet seat all by myself, I prefer to do the laundry/cleaning/cooking. It's the bigger things that lead to the path of destruction in my past. I was once of the mind-set that you really did have to give up one/two/or even a few things to have 5-10 other things that really meant a lot to you. My husband was fukin' funny, I mean hilarious. Intelligence? Smart, but definitely NOT someone who challenged or enriched me in that department. I overlooked it 18 years ago and lived with/without things that matter much more than toothpaste/hobbies/habits/quirks/etc. Valuable lesson learned: giving up ONE thing will likely lead to dozens of things that you didn't think were interlinked and you're likely going to be disappointed, frustrated, and a whole slew of other unpleasant things. It's all either there or it isn't and if it isn't? It isn't happening with/for me. JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Toilet seats and toothpaste