Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I think I am the woman in our relationship....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
I think I am the woman in our relationship....Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Lemme see if I've got this straight ... SHE wants to cut to the chase and just have sex, whilst YOU prefer more foreplay?
In other words, you would prefer more focus on the journey whilst she is very focused on the destination?

You indicate this really isn't a problem tho'... is it? Do you want to expand her horizons and include a little more variety?
 catkin2007
Msg: 6
I think I am the woman in our relationship....
Posted: 1/29/2009 1:10:24 PM
Why not just go with the flow and enjoy the relationship - how ever it turns out and not worry about roles.... real life is sooooo much better than a role anyday.
 Maybe Later
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/29/2009 3:27:32 PM
. . . . .not to say you're gay, but the heading on your page is "I Give Great H***".

wtf, man, you're making it hard to hold back the jokes.

As to your relationship, while I expected a thread about role reversals, transgenderism, and how many boys cry these days, it turns out it's some tawdry comment about how into foreplay you are.

Seeing as you already found your fish, why the heck are you talking to random internet people about it instead of her? Do YOU feel emasculated because of it, like you aren't living up to her sexual expectations, and you want reassurance? Or are you worried that you foreplay just sucks?

anyways, I may have effeminate traits myself, but I'm going to give you guy advice, as in a solution and screw empathizing with your problem.

a) talk to HER about it, maybe there's different types of foreplay she enjoys more than your usual routine

b) make it a special event, check out some tantric sex and let her know that it would be a special thing for you, then use your mad skillz into making her like it so much she can't quit it. There's a lot of it that is foreplay while inside her.

c) Do it like a fifties housewife, shut up, suffer and endure, and start polishing the undersides of your furniture.

there, I've tried to take this seriously.

Lol, "Heading", "Gives great H***". I dunno, we always called it "face" when it was for the ladies, just to avoid that sort of confusion.
 Maybe Later
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/29/2009 3:29:05 PM
Seriously, if this wasn't about the sex you would have gone on more about the cleaning and cooking making you feel like the wife.

Maybe you just don't give "great h***"

lol, dancing banana's.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/29/2009 4:28:37 PM
Well, then man it up! This alone is half the reason I need to meet a man who is a bit more on the assertive and dominant side of the fence. No, it is not that I ONLY want sex, but dammit I want it all the time. For all the men who **** about women that do not want sex, believe me, there are MANY not so sexual men out there either. And a lot of men who can do do it like they own me. So...be thankful you are even getting any. And if you are happy as a couple, this should really not be an issue. Just my opinion.
 blonde chickie
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/29/2009 5:38:57 PM
I'm the guy in my relationsips. Just the way it is
 good_catch77
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/29/2009 9:12:22 PM
Hey for me I'm actually kind of looking for a little role reversal because I'm a better cook and cleaning than a fix a motor and rebuild the deck kind of guy. I'm actually thinking of going to culinary school to be a chef. I'm great at computers but just can't do the desk job got to be active. Not on my caboose all day.

But if it works go for it just because its not the "social norm" does not mean its wrong. Who cares what people or even your "buds" think if your happy go for it. Be happy you have someone. Actually with situation if you found the "normal" relationship then you two would clash too much alike.

Best of luck to everyone
 hurricane hanna
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2009 4:24:58 AM
I think worrying about whether a relationship 'looks good' is a waste of energy.

I think if you're really unhappy because you're not getting what you want and what you need, that's different.

Your post was kind of joking and humorous, so I couldn't tell if you were really unhappy about the situation or not.

The fact is, though, today, a lot of men and women have non traditional roles. If a man loves to cook, why shouldn't he? If he enjoys taking care of kids, why not stay home? If both partners are happy and enjoy the relationship, why not!

One of my most favorite couples of all times, the husband sews. Yup. He has made dresses for his wife, even suits. He very much likes to see her in good clothes, and since they don't feel like spending thousands on designer fashions, and he enjoys it, he sews.

What does sewing require? Well, it doesn't require being female. It requires patience, following directions meticulously, and a very methodical approach. There's no reason a man can't sew.

In skills needed, in approach, there's NO difference between making fly fishing lures, wood working, and sewing, except that 'women sew'.

They're very equal in education and in their jobs. They both have very demanding, technical jobs. He's actually not a 'masculine looking' guy. He's slim and slight, and doesn't have a deep, booming voice. He very rarely 'orders his wife around', and he is very emotional and sensitive about things. She's much more practical and appears 'tougher'. They're the happiest couple I've ever met! While the 'masculine'/'feminine' couples around them are all complaining about their horrible spouses and getting divorced, this pair just goes on and on, as happy as clams.

WHY? Because they each are able to act like just who they are!
 sammylg
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/31/2009 6:35:35 AM
"My answer to you is to get up to speed to the 21st century.

My question for you is WHY would you come on POF and ask such a question? What does it matter what other people do or think?"

My question is why would you waste your time answering his post with two additional questions?

He asked a question because he asked for advice, not snideness.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I think I am the woman in our relationship....