Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mae B
Msg: 2
which do you consider to be the lesser of two evils?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm in agreement with you about the younger woman, but I think both situations are equal.

If he's left you for another man... has he been lying to you the entire relationship? Faking his feelings for you.. keeping his true desires to himself?
Everything you know about him and his desires has been a lie. All fabricated to enhance the illusion he's straight.
 TooShadows
Msg: 3
view profile
History
which do you consider to be the lesser of two evils?
Posted: 1/29/2009 11:29:34 AM
Well,I think overall that if my girlfriend ever were to leave me for someone else I rather it be a woman than a man. Can't explain that,although maybe then she wouldn't be screwing someone else. I figure it's different with a woman.
 c_deacon
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 11:41:20 AM
Both could be equally devastating to either gender, and I am sure that there are many stories to verify this.

I once had friends as a couple that I knew from work. We did many things together as friends do, and I even played many sports with the male of this married couple. All seemed normal right?

One day after working very hard to conceive a child, and working on their marriage, the man states that he is very unhappy, and stuck in a body that does not really belong to him. He went through the entire process of a sex change, while leaving his wife and child.

When I talked to her, she was more than devastated, and said that she could fight for him with another woman, or understand it more, but, to live with someone that was not really who they claimed to be, hurt that much more.

How does one justify your relationship when someone you love, and enjoyed sexually, tells you that he/she is leaving for someone of the same sex, or changing sexes, because he/she must?

There is pain, and there is devastation.......and only you know which one it would be for you......

Just my opinion.......
 Okietokie88
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 11:43:57 AM
Idk I used to think I'd prefer my SO leaving me for a woman but the older I get the more and more I want it to become a man.I mean if she leaves me for a man that man is going to make the same mistakes or in this case manstakes as I once did.I mean if I cheated on her then that would be a who different story but if it is one of those,"I can't handle(insert bs reason)"I know he'll eventually get under her skin.If it was a woman I'd always wonder if I acted so....hmm archaic that the only thing that can fill the emotional and physical is a woman.That would eat at my self perception and then carry over into my over analyze on future relationships.I mean more than average, we all know we analyze things but I think I'd take it to such an extreme to where it'd hinder and sabotage all relationships.

Oh the other hand if she left me for a woman it'd give me something to fantasize about on those dark and lonely nights
 guyot
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 11:49:35 AM
It's a little off topic, but Mae West commented on the flip side of this. She said, "When confronted with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have not tried before."
 Mae B
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/29/2009 11:52:55 AM

It's a little off topic, but Mae West commented on the flip side of this. She said, "When confronted with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have not tried before."

and that's why she's awesome
 no_1_bby
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 11:58:37 AM
I think I'm with you... would bother me more being left for a younger woman I think.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/29/2009 12:39:55 PM
I was the "first wife". His mistress was 4 years younger than me, 6 years younger than him. They didn't last. I settled down after 2 years of playing to a wonderful man I am engaged to after being with him for 10 years. And my ex husband is engaged to a 24 yr old. I could give a flying crap.... lol.

I stopped viewing his choice in women as my business as soon as I moved out. Then I started focusing on me and our son to make sure the little mite was adjusted. He is, I am happy and as far as I know his father is happy. Happy ending for all.
 ~rain~
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 12:44:43 PM
I try to keep a lid on jealousy.The way I see it..is if he wasnt happy with me then he may as well be happy with someone else.
Face it..if your spouse isnt happy then chances are that you arent either.
Life always goes on!!

umm..I think if my spouse left me for another man, it would bother me more.
Only because I hadnt been able to see the signs before hand! A woman should know this about her husband! Even though I know this isnt always the case..
I can imagine in some cases the woman would choose to ignore it!

hmmm...I do know I wouldnt wish either one of these scenerios on anyone!
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/29/2009 3:01:27 PM
To the woman who said she got dumped for someone "uglier". Just you saying that negates any beauty you may have. Sorry, but looks don't last very long and the inner beauty is always what lasts.
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/31/2009 2:50:17 PM
The other woman or man in the scenario is NOT to blame. The spouse who cheats, and leaves to be with the other person is the person responsibile. Enough of this crap about blaming a person for interferring in a marriage. The simple fact is the person is unhappy and went in a different direction.

I had my husband leave me for his mistress. In no way did I blame her. WE were unhappy, she was merely a symptom of the problem. The poor girl was getting the crappy end of the stick, so in many ways I felt sorry for her. But once we split, that wasn't my concern.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >