Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrcs84
Msg: 569
view profile
History
Paying child support for kids that are not yoursPage 29 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)

Hey wasnt it you, MRCS, that said single Moms live in ghetto's?

Show me the quote that you're talking about. I have a feeling that you misinterpreted what I said.

And got all pissy pants when i pointed out to you that i live in a highly desirable area that people spend theuir lifes savings to visit, never raised my kids in a ghetto, and never will.

Again, show me a quote or a post number.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 570
Paying child support for kids that are not yours
Posted: 2/10/2011 1:49:10 PM
Well...."I" would think that a person would want to take care of their children/responsibilities...the idea that one can control the ex...or how the ex spends cs...well, I guess that I see that as impossible...and ranting in the forums isn't going to change that.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 571
Posted: 2/10/2011 2:47:49 PM

there is probably an ex somewhere in her past that she screwed over to get all of that...........lol.......

I worked in a well paid job then lost a spouse whose employer gave him a large life inusrance policy as part of his benefits package. My husband taught me how to invest and make money multiply, when he was alive, he was a very smart person. And no, i wasnt hoping for him to die to get the policy payout.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 572
Posted: 2/10/2011 2:52:45 PM
MRCS, you said it. I dont remember the thread or post # but you said it. Even if i have no ready proof that you said it, you know you did.
You said women with kids and no man live in ghetto's, have no or low income, and want to go after any dude they can for support money, and try to trap men nto being fathers.

And ya know, even if there are single mothers doing that, if you truly care about the matter, try encouraging them to be better, it works better than insulting.
 ladyc4
Msg: 573
Posted: 2/10/2011 3:38:16 PM

Not sure if this has been discussed but I've seen 3 stories about this on the news so far. It seems to be a growing trend and wanted to hear other folks opinion on it. Men paying child support for kids that are not theirs biologically. So the man and woman gets married have a kid or two. Years later the man finds out the woman cheated and the kids aren't really his. So he divorces her but she takes him to court for child support. Court rules in her favor and he is stuck with the bill for a very long time.

So I'm wondering should I get a DNA test if I ever have a kid? Just to make sure. I think it should be mandatory especially if your in the military.

This is the OT.
How did we get into this insultfest/pissing match about women who are raising children alone with little more than GRUDGING-if any-child support from the childrens' father? Especially since the OT was about non-bio or stepfathers having to pay child support, not where single mothers live or how they got their money if they aren't impoverished?
Cindy O
 mrcs84
Msg: 574
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2011 8:55:11 PM
MRCS, you said it. I dont remember the thread or post # but you said it. Even if i have no ready proof that you said it, you know you did.
You said women with kids and no man live in ghetto's, have no or low income, and want to go after any dude they can for support money, and try to trap men nto being fathers.

If you can't show me a quote, then as far as I'm concerned, I never said it.

And ya know, even if there are single mothers doing that, if you truly care about the matter, try encouraging them to be better, it works better than insulting.

Kinda sounds like that old tired line..."if you LOVED me, you would [insert action]"
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 575
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:38:35 AM

How did we get into this insultfest/pissing match about women who are raising children alone with little more than GRUDGING-if any-child support from the childrens' father? Especially since the OT was about non-bio or stepfathers having to pay child support, not where single mothers live or how they got their money if they aren't impoverished?

Because this topic goes well beyond the narrow scope of what the OT was about and touches other situations and laws that are tied in with scenairo the OP posted about....not sure why you can't understand that, Cindy.......
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 576
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:47:55 AM
cause not one of yuou pricks have shown me consideration in the past

Excuse me?

No consideration?

On the contrary, we've shown you tons of consideration........as a matter of fact, the sh!t you write on here continually proves our point!! You're our model Canadian woman.....How much more consideration do you want?

As for your sarcasm, well.....nothing seems to be lost on me......you know I LOVE you, don't you, Liz?
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 577
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2011 11:44:06 AM
^^^.....the sad irony is that behind all the sarcasm you, Liz, and the rest of your posse throw up around this, this is usually the way things turn out in the end for most males that date single moms and don't take the necessary precautions.......
 ladyc4
Msg: 578
Posted: 2/11/2011 12:07:02 PM
It's not my way to report anything and I'm not about to start now,but I have to say that I cannot believe that this thread hasn't been yanked by the mods.
What I don't understand, is if people are not prepared to,love, parent and support a child til it becomes self-sufficient, why are you not more diligent about birth control, or practicing abstinence. For the ladies who really want to have children, keep in mind that it could be YOU that a man is griping about someday because you cannot be a superachieving wage-earner AND a superachieving single parent. For the men who are custodial parents, what is it you want from us?? Medals? Extensive media coverage? A ticker-tape parade?
Make no mistake, I am absolutely in favor of complete gender neutrality when the courts make child custody decisions, and from all I hear, we ain't there yet.
I know that sometimes people need to vent...but after you cool down, why not write your elected officials or join a political action group and get something DONE about the system you have deemed grossly unfair?
Cindy O
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 579
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2011 8:57:26 PM
How is it that any time anyone posts anything about the realities of the daily life of a single parent, they are suddenly suggesting anything at all? It IS difficult to parent, and more so to parent alone. It does involve sacrifice, more often than not, to a greater extent on the part of a cp, and more often than not that parent is a woman, like it or not. Is that to be held against women in general? Is the fact that there are some f&cked up laws in Canada the fault of the female gender? Do any of you think that it is this legal issue that drives the morals of Canadian women? Do any of you really believe that only women are lying users, capable of taking advantage at every turn, or is there some sort of inferiority complex at work here? as if men are not smart enough to take advantage of anyone, or any aspect of the law? At the heart of it, we are who we are, and we all make mistakes and pay the price for those mistakes, as well as bear the consequences of our choices & even our own misfortune. That is life, not fair, but reality based.

Have we lost the ability to reason, to deal with reality? Do we really believe that, because of the legal system in Canada, women have "evolved" into liars, users, & golddiggers? Can we not face the reality that some people are liars, users, etc.? and always will be? Or that they exist, likely in equal number, among both sexes?

It IS unfair that some men are FORCED to support children not their own; it IS unfair that some parents are left to care for their children, their homes & eek out an existence barely above the poverty level, sometimes due to the irresponsibility of an ex partner in whom they chose to place their trust; it IS unfair that some take advantage of the system to the detriment of the children they created. The mere utterance of these facts need not suggest whining, except, perhaps, to one who is so unhappy with them self that they know no way to react other to attack others. That is rampant here. In reality, many do what is right for their family; they work hard, they sacrifice, they do their best to meet the needs of their children, and they should be able to make statements without someone else deciding what it is they are "suggesting", don't you think? Do you think, MyI (not that you are alone, by any means) that simply because life is a struggle for you, no one else should mention their own struggles? Do you not acknowledge that things just might be better for your own family if you didn't have to work so hard, so much? Wouldn't it be better if you had some assistance form the other parent, more time to spend with your children? Wouldn't that be more fair, more beneficial to your children? Can you not admit that the sacrifice is theirs as well? I certainly admit it would be so for me, and I wish it were so. Does that make me a whiner?

I see no real progress here, as, just as with many other threads, the focus turns to "shrewd, evil women" and "big bad men". Both abound, but are not as abundant as those who accept their responsibility, and recognize that they are responsible for their choices & their children, as well as the bearer of the consequence of what may be nothing more than misfortune. The inability to discuss the difficulties of parenting alone without resorting to blaming either gender, rather than each individual, renders this discussion fruitless. It might be interesting to remove gender from this discussion, including revealing the gender of the posters, entirely.
 ultrazan
Msg: 580
Posted: 2/12/2011 3:50:55 AM
yes that is Fraud. I dont like or respect dead beats but just because she doesnt know who the baby daddy is gives her no right to just pick one and make him responsible. yes the kids are the ones who suffer but they need to start charging more women with fraud in criminal court.
 ladyc4
Msg: 581
Posted: 2/12/2011 12:53:53 PM
If msg 780 was directed to me specifically;
the phrase "want from us" was a reference to humanity in general, not just me, not just single mothers.
"Some of you stay-at-home moms"? Well, I don't happen to be one, but I put in quite a few years working in social work and then in manufacturing(yep, right on a machine, workbench or paint booth) with single mothers who were continually exhausted, ill, struggling with undependable baby-sitters,etc. I saw preferential treatment given by management to the less common scenario of the single male parent.
As for time management and competence, just because some people can accomplish some larger feat in life doesn't mean EVERYBODY can. Most adult folks in North America can drive a car...does that mean anyone who can drive a car should be able to win the Daytona 500?. Lots of people can ride a bicycle-should every person who can ride a bicyle be expected to win multiple Tour de France competitions?
What job is it that whomever your rancor is directed at supposed to do? Are you suggesting that parenthood is a job? To read your posts it sounds like you believe parenting and managing a household are negligible tasks...unless it's a single father doing them. In that case the tasks are of a magnitude that gives single custodial fathers more of a voice than single custodial mothers,which I find odd since according to single custodial fathers, parenting and household management are negligible tasks that are simply a matter of time management? Which is it? Why should parenting and household management be a noteworthy accomplishment for single male parents, but negligible tasks for a single female parent?
Let me tell you something else I've observed in my 40 yrs as an adult woman, worker, taxpayer, entreprenuer, wife, teacher, mentor, friend-quite often I have noticed that single custodial fathers have moms, grandmas sisters, aunts, cousins, neighbor ladies ready to step up and help, moreso than they do to single custodial mothers. As I remarked earlier in this post,I've seen management bend rules and make 'exceptions' to attendance and time-off rules for single custodial fathers, that they didn't do for single mothers. Apparently it's OK for single mothers to be driven out of the workplace, they can always get assistance? But it would be unthinkable to apply the same mindset to single fathers-even though by law they have access to the same avenues of assistance that single mothers have?
I don't know as it's really a case of the system being "rigged" to favor single mothers, I think its' more a matter of a single mother being willing to set aside her pride and ask for assistance if being a working mom is having a significant negative impact on the well-being of her children. I think that social attitude is what prevents single custodial fathers from making that choice-and social attitude will extend greater encouragement and acknowledgement to the working single custodial father.
So those here that are working custodial single fathers, don't blame women for what you see as an unfair situation, blame social attitudes.
Cindy O
 My I
Msg: 582
Posted: 2/12/2011 1:59:41 PM

Are you suggesting that parenthood is a job?

Message #751:

That's basically 2 full time jobs to his one

^^^ The problem really is with some of you women in this thread. You have your head burried in the sand if you honestly believe us secularl working, custodial fathers hire out the laundry, cleaning and caring for the children and the house/home.

A woman suggested it was a job.... a woman is suggesting custodial fathers are less worked than a stay at home mom.

Like I said, "Some struggle... some whine." If you can't tell the difference between whining and struggling then continue on and rant in defense of the whiners - you're only perpetuating the stigma.
 mrcs84
Msg: 583
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2011 3:56:03 PM
Bullsh*t. You need to learn how to read. I was "suggesting" that NON-custodial fathers are less worked than a custodial mom.

Interestingly, you're less likely to see a custodial father griping about how hard it is in comparison to the non-custodial mother. I'm guessing it has to deal with the stereotype that women have the right to their children while men have to fight for their children. With all the red tape men have to get through in order to get primary/full custody, they're not about to gripe about it when they do.
 ladyc4
Msg: 584
Posted: 2/12/2011 4:19:14 PM

With all the red tape men have to get through in order to get primary/full custody, they're not about to gripe about it when they do

I absolutely will give you that point. The situations I personally know of where the father was the custodial parent, the mother was usually an alcoholic or drug addict, neglectful or abusive to a documentable degree,or there might have been one or 2 where the mother voluntarily relinquished the child.
But there again, it goes back to social attitudes-I think a lot of women fight so hard to keep custody because she fears the harsh social judgement that she must be a poor example of a woman,because the child(ren)s' father has custody-even if the children would be better off with him. I'm hearing the faintest of rumblings that some courts ARE starting to look at which parent would need the least amount(or none) of subsidies from taxpayers wallets,and making their decisions based on that. I think basing a custody decision largely on a financial criteria is a little bit going too far the other way,but perhaps it is a start to the concept that custody should REALLY serve the best interest of the child, regardless of socially conditioned presumptions and attitudes. Maybe it'll even save we the the taxpayers a little bit of money because there won't be these big-ass court hearings with the parents trying to prove one another as promiscuous drunken drug addicts to "win" a custody battle.(Why the HELL is it ever a battle,anyway? Shouldn't the childrens' best interests be what BOTH parents want?)
Cindy O
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 585
Posted: 2/12/2011 4:52:28 PM

I think a lot of women fight so hard to keep custody because she fears the harsh social judgement that she must be a poor example of a woman,because the child(ren)s' father has custody-even if the children would be better off with him

Grumble...yes dear...I truly believe my ex didn't like kids, but the social stigma was greater than her dislike of kids...and then when the daughter I'd adopted was 18 and left the home the ex sent the out of control 12 yo to live with me...sigh...I still bear the scares of feeling the failure for that fiasco....regardless of who was ultimately responsible.

And btw...the ex wouldn't even pay me the $10/week we'd agreed upon (that was the amount I figured I needed to send my daughter to summer camp-I'd pay the other half of summer camp)...sigh...I ended up paying all of summer camp...
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 586
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2011 10:11:16 PM

I dont like or respect dead beats but just because she doesnt know who the baby daddy is gives her no right to just pick one and make him responsible. yes the kids are the ones who suffer but they need to start charging more women with fraud in criminal court.

Totally agreed, and that is at the heart of the issue where women may name a man as father who is not, in fact, the father. That discussion was done to death with the mandatory DNA thread. That is not, however, the subject at hand; please look at the original post. This is not about fraud for the vast majority of cases being discussed, this is about making choices, choices with known consequences, then asking to be absolved of the very responsibility you accepted. As I have stated, it does not seem fair on the surface of it all; even so, if one knows there is such a law in place, then forges ahead with a relationship (I am talking of a relationship with the children as well as the parent) I am left to suspect sour grapes. However, I do believe that at the heart of it is the notion of being FORCED, as I see, every day, those who willingly care for children not their own. Those who gripe about bad laws are no different in their thought process than am I as I argue against the intervention relative to DNA testing, and I support that notion, while still vehemently feeling that one should simply do the right thing, take personal responsibility for their own choices/mistakes, and accept consequences arising from their actions. A prescription no different from what is needed in most cases, but a pill that seems particularly difficult to swallow, in the current climate of self entitlement & lack of recognition of cause/effect in our personal lives.

As for "peace" guy, why even bother responding to him? Clearly, he has no place on the single parents forums, so ignorant is he of parenting, not to mention single parenting. Believe me, single moms would be very happy to be ignored by one with such attitude. Good luck!
 Tealwood
Msg: 587
Posted: 2/13/2011 7:22:11 AM

^^^ The problem really is with some of you women in this thread. You have your head burried in the sand if you honestly believe us secularl working, custodial fathers hire out the laundry, cleaning and caring for the children and the house/home.

LOL...or they think or would like to suggest we have our mother come into the house to do our laundry???? Or we download the responsibilities on present and past gf???

Now the last time I checked.....pushing the button on the washer a few extra times because of children is not that taxing!!!running the vacuum around the house if one or a few others live in the house is not that much of a deal....as I would suggest it does not become harder????Cooking dinner...a few extra potatoes....or a few extra chicken breasts....do not take extra time to cook or require extra work...well...peeling 1 or 4 potatoes is a few seconds of work....

So perhaps that is where the poor single mother is taxed??

She's the one who has to stay up washing a forgotten school uniform needed the next day, or to fix the baking soda volcano that collapsed the day before the big science fair and has to do all these things even if she's sick or hurt herself because she's got nobody else to do it.

Time management.....but perhaps the school uniform needs that old washer board scrubbing??? as opposed to a treating any stained area and throwing in the washer....which does the work while you are in bed....and when you get up in the morning it is thrown in the dryer...long before the children are awake??

Sure when they are sick...and you have to leave school...it can be a problem...but then most single mothers are not interested in sharing the custodial role anyways....they like control...they like to wear than badge of martyrdom with their pity me expression....

It really is not that difficult a deal!!!

I absolutely will give you that point. The situations I personally know of where the father was the custodial parent, the mother was usually an alcoholic or drug addict, neglectful or abusive to a documentable degree,or there might have been one or 2 where the mother voluntarily relinquished the child.

CindyO...you really are a fraud...or lacking in honesty? There are plenty of custodial fathers who have very competent ex wives...in fact if one looks and researches the standard typical custodial father they will see no issues like you suggest...also perhaps the flaw in the arguement in terms of the full time custodial father working arguement....but I will leave that to you the social worker....

My ex is not an alcoholic...or drug addict....the guy at work whose ex wife I know...is not a drug addict or alcoholic......nor is the other 3 custodial fathers ex's I know real well...even if I do not know the personally the mother??
\
Why is it assumed by yourself that these woman have emotional dysfunctions? Perhaps the simple reason is the father is moire suited...or simply just more willing........new father I know....client...owns a business...his wife a lawyer...they both have their own career...both successful...they plan on 50/50 with a nanny they both contribute to.....with the father paying more..as he earns more....

.(Why the HELL is it ever a battle,anyway? Shouldn't the childrens' best interests be what BOTH parents want?)

Absolutely.....and the best interest is defined by who??? the single custodial mother sitting at home not working or working part time as she supplements income from child support and spousal support defining her needs as in the best interest of the child.....I would suggest that it a slight conflict of best interest...best interest of the child and best interest of a dead beat who is not working???? againts perhaps a dead beat who does not want to contribute to their children....

And btw...the ex wouldn't even pay me the $10/week we'd agreed upon (that was the amount I figured I needed to send my daughter to summer camp-I'd pay the other half of summer camp)...sigh...I ended up paying all of summer camp...

Irish??? join the majority of custodial fathers....are you surprised??? but ohwhynot does not accept the suggested numbers...so as non custodial parents they are not paying...not being financially responsible..nor as custodial parents...are a large percentage...custodial mothers acting in a financially responsible manner..and are then not acting in the best interest of the children....

Women today like to crow about being "strong" and "independent" and "not needing a man". Good! Let's just agree that the single mom doesn't need a man, and let her do exactly what she chose to do. She can do it on her own

Of course they like to suggest this...until you ask them why they are unable to work and raise their children??? then they say the guys are not being responsible parents when they do just that....acccountability....should be a two way street....call a dead beat anyone who is unwilling to be financially accountable to their children....

After all...their are many failed careers...individuals looking for reasons not to work...enabling those to hide behind raising their child...is wrong...

where do you get your stats from???

illegitimate??? who uses that word???

stats are available in many areas...but who cares who files first???stupid rational...I ended the marriage....but still have not filed?

Illegitimate...?? what is the problem??? I am illegitimate....a basta*d....and a number of other labels found in society or a dictionary???

Labels do not define who you are? Unless you allow or enable the one who uses it to affect you?

^^^ In such a case, let's just play it on the safe side, shall we? And turn you into a eunich now?

Just for the good of all.

Or, on the flip side, keep you around for the Darwin Awards and a good chuckle?

Sweetness....great post.....but what about some of the posters who still seem to suggest woman are not capable of holding down a job and manage their own home with children? I thought the day of accepting woman as not capable was over 40 years ago?

I have two daughters who at this point are looking to establish an education that will enable them to have a career independent of any relationship....and in a field where they will be well paid.....as opposed to what most woman entering post secondary seem to do? But then that is accepting responsibility for your own destiny is it not?

B/C even the most hardened single mother haters like boobs.

We sure do love boobs......what we do not like is the incompetent.....the financially irresponsible ones looking for the next wallet...the next walking paycheck to support or supplement what they are unwilling to provide for themselves...

But as we look at the numbers...as we review the pool I would suggest the available selection of socially responsible gainfully employed single mothers can be slim ...as it seems they are protected or supported in their choices of not working...or not working full time...

I just cannot fathom why they seem to suggest it that difficult a job to do what is required to provide for their children...I also suggest the same woman saying they cannot work full time and raise children are the same woman who will not support joint shared custody...they want the children full time...and they do not want to be held financially responsible....

But the opportunities with working full time....and raising your children full time is endless........and unlike what some would suggest....It really is not that big of a deal....just a choice that some revel in...and others whine about?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 588
Posted: 2/13/2011 7:47:21 AM
Please don't include me with the mysoginistic crowd...my point in that the ex wouldn't pay me child support goes to no one wants to support their non-custodial kid...and that's the sad commentary...all these non custodials ranting about how they can no longer control the ex...they can't force the ex to spend the child support how they see fit.

I am a custodial father...there is no ex-wife to share the burden with...I love hearing how easy it is raising children for these other men...working 9-5(professional)...or 8-4(labor)...(and do they have to actually drive to their place of employment???)...and making all those events the kids have...cleaning, cooking, shopping...having a life for ourselves...never having a work project keeping one late at work...accepting all that overtime...gads these guys are my superhero's...

But, I think the reality of it is that it's pretty difficult raising children as a single parent...Budgeting time and money is harder on one income and schedule than two...The last minute firedrills that work continually dishes out...the play-dates, school events, sports events the kids have....snow days, teacher in service days, winter and spring break...the numerous holidays that the rest of the work force doesn't get off...let's not forget when the kids get sick or you get a call from the school nurse-come get your sick kid-and don't send them to school again with that temp over 100...

Yea, we custodial dads...we wonder wtf you custodial mom's are complaining about.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 589
Posted: 4/6/2013 8:16:39 AM
Aww :-(
That is the law in most states unfortunately.
Because they dont want the child to go without the support of 2 people.
I think maybe it should be a mandatory thing at birth...
 Kigstar
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 1:32:47 PM
Men should never ever ever have more than a fling with a single mother! Its dangerous and many many many men have to pay for a child that some bad boy/drug addict/cheat/liar made. Also women cheat on their husbands/boyfriends get knocked up and tell their boyfriend that its his kid. In lower income brackets its actually 30% of kids have a father that isnt their biological one, all because the women cheat and lie and love money money money! 3 out of 10 children where lied to on whom their fathers are, all because mommy is a dirty slut!
 PalHal4U
Msg: 591
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:57:13 PM
I would advise that you do. It's your life. Better to make sure the woman isn't lying to you first. No matter if the children are yours or not you can still end up supporting them, i.e., even paying child support in this state. Caveat emptor.
 S082
Msg: 592
Posted: 4/12/2013 12:10:28 PM
I always have a rule of thumb. If I can't raise my kid on my own, I shouldn't be having kid. What if unfortunate event happens and your spouse dies or be disabled. Who would you ask for a child support.

I have never asked for a child support from my ex-husband nor I will ever take him to the court for any kind of support. Nor I will have any more kids that I won't be able to give same love, care, and support as I can give to my only child.

It always amazes me how most of the people don't think about being able to afford to raise kids before having one.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 593
Posted: 4/13/2013 5:46:35 PM
Most places if you are married to a woman and she gives birth the child is your responsibility.

(Kris Humpries could end up paying child support for dragging his feet with the divorce.)

Many places if you marry a woman who has kids before your marriage and you divorce later you end up supporting them too. The act of marriage assumes responsibility for the children.

It takes a great deal of legal work to get out of child support even if the child is not yours.

Yes this is not fair. Just do me one favor and please don't blame the children.

DNA test won't help you either.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >