Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 339
view profile
History
Paying child support for kids that are not yoursPage 8 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)

you don't strike me as a person who would put out for a man without strings attached

LOL........painfully obvious, yet very funny.......
 My I
Msg: 347
Paying child support for kids that are not yours
Posted: 1/6/2011 3:01:18 PM

basicaly she can not keep her legs together and now it is your problem to pay for her being a slut....

Ya know..... it's odd how some guys want easy sex and then once they get it they refer to the woman as a slut. I think it's poor taste to use such a term just because a woman unexpectedly became pregnant. These things happen and there is no way one gender should be degraded based on the behaviour of both genders.

A guy who knocks up a woman and then runs away, leaving her to fend for herself, is far worse of an ass than anything a woman could be called..... having a penis and prostrate as opposed to a vagina and uteris doesn't make you superior and/or a better person over a woman.

There are cases where a non-bio-dad should be obliged to pay support. The are cases where a woman can be judged unfavorably because she is placing more obligation on a non-bio-dad than she is on the bio-dad. I think it's a selfish act on the mothers part to do so. I don't believe a woman should have the option to choose who she wants support from. If she refuses to pursue the bio-dad for support she should certainly be excluded from chasing the non-bio-dad for support. But then, as I said, there are exceptions.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2011 7:09:57 PM
What some describe as polite & traditional others deem subservient & oppressed. To each their own, I guess, but I feel sorry for anyone who is so hindered by their own short sightedness that they can not see that evil exists equally, among the genders and across the world. Good luck!

btw, joebleaux, do you think that YOU come across as pleasant? Just curious.
 ladyc4
Msg: 353
Posted: 1/7/2011 12:46:47 PM

you attest to being a homosexual. ha ha ha! you hate women more than anyone!

Actually, no, most people who prefer to express their sexuality with their own gender don't HATE the opposite gender,they just don't care to have sex with them.
Actually, gr8magic has often been a voice of sanity and kindness in these forums,ESPECIALLY to women.
And why does presenting some factual information on a forum make someone "toxic"? And how is the presentation of information a sexuality/gender issue?

sorry snatches, it ain't happenin.

Sorry d*ck, the majority of participants in this forum, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, aren't buying your spew.

To the actual topic, I think paternity fraud is a great wrong, I know that automatic testing would deal with that issue but would perhaps open up some other issues. As for paying support for children that are your wife's from previous relationships or marriages, that's a subject that bears research into the laws of your own particular state or province,and what is in your own heart. I can tell you that part of the family/probate courts' function is to look after the best interests of children and to protect the wallets of taxpayers in general from having to pay to help support children who have a father or father figure capable of assisting in their support.
Cindy O
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 355
Posted: 1/7/2011 4:59:40 PM

That if a man is paying child support for his child, and the child's mother chooses to have more children after that with another man, then guy number one's child support payment increase with every additional child she has, no matter if they're his or not. I think that's atrocious.

It is atrocious.

The only case I've heard of where this happened was one my lawyer worked on where Hubby 1 was ordered to pay and increase in CS because mommy was married again and Hubby 2, the father of the next kid, didn't make enough to support mommy and family while mommy was on maternity.

I can't remember how long the CS increase was for, but that would still be a kick in the nuts.

ladyc4
Msg: 357
Posted: 1/8/2011 1:39:19 PM

HA HA HA! Gr8magic you get a gold star for sitting on your computer on a friday night, while I was out banging. Must suck to have me living in your head, no? LOL!

You just keep sitting around, making up straw men and shooting them down, all weekend. I'll be banging tonight too. Think about me, won't you? We all know you will.

OK, I'm calling troll on this one. Either that or someone's minder isn't seeing that he takes his meds.
The topic here is child support, not friday night banging or straw men.
Frankly I'm really surprised to hear that a man could be made to pay increased CS for children NOT his own because of some economic issue in his exe's subsequent marriage.That doesn't sound right to me, but if the court systems' priority #1 is the welfare of the children and their priority #2 is safeguarding the taxpayer's wallets by keping children off assistance rolls by any means necessary, then the issue lies with the COURT, not with women who simply wish to have children and not have those children living in want if the family structure fails.
Oh, and Joe, watch that bangin' ,buddy. Or you might find yourself being ordered to pay child support for some dive bar Dumbelina's kid.
Cindy O
 barefootkitten
Msg: 360
Posted: 1/8/2011 2:33:47 PM

Gr8magic you get a gold star for sitting on your computer on a friday night, while I was out banging.

I really don't think having a date with mr. hand counts as banging.....

You contradict yourself -- you say all women are whores and sluts, yet whine about those of us who wouldn't sleep with you if our lives depended on it. Gee, if I'm a whore and I wouldn't sleep with you, what does that say about you?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2011 6:49:32 AM
Look, ladies, let's face it, any women who would date a man who refers to females as "snatches" can have him. Those women embarrass me; the poster to whom you are all referring is far too ignorant to experience embarrassment. Even bothering to react is a waste of time.

Happy Sunday!
 Tealwood
Msg: 365
Posted: 1/9/2011 6:59:13 AM

Look, ladies, let's face it, any women who would date a man who refers to females as "snatches" can have him. Those women embarrass me;

Based on his profile he suggest he makes real good money....probably the only reason he can get anything.

He is an embarrassment...but then the woman who go for him are just doing it for the money???? just like other issues...all about the money...

So we have on one side an embarrassment who earns his own money and is less than complimentary towards woman...and one the other side we have the woman who will not allow her children to live with their father until the courts order it...as she needs the cs...and the other CDN woman who stand behind cs being required from step parents and biological parents...

all an embarrassment...

just like any parent holding out their hand demanding money to provide a house for their children when the non custodial parent also has to provide that same house for their access days...
 mrcs84
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2011 9:30:50 AM

all an embarrassment...

just like any parent holding out their hand demanding money to provide a house for their children when the non custodial parent also has to provide that same house for their access days...

AND (hopefully) we're back on track. Nice segue. Hehe
 ladyc4
Msg: 367
Posted: 1/9/2011 10:07:48 AM
Again, while I certainly think it is wrong(or at least UNFAIR) for a man to pay support on a step-child simply because the child's OWN father can't(or won't) or for a woman to 'double dip'(get CS from the kids OWN father and from a step-father) I can understand that the court or other government entity is acting to ensure(theoretically) that child's best interests. If the child's basic economic needs can partially be met out of the pocket of a father and/or stepfather,rather than from state or provincial funds, that is the course of action that will be taken.
I've often wondered what would happen if divorcing couples had their children taken into custody as wards of the court, and placed in institutions,with BOTH parents required to contribute financially to the childs' keep, what would happen to the divorce rate. Would kids be better living in an institutional setting with other kids from divorced couples, rather than being pawns in the middle of an ongoing battle between their divorced parents???
Oh, I know this will never happen but wouldn't it solve the whole child custody/support/visitation thing? EVERYBODY gets treated the same, no battles won not on merit but on who can afford the better lawyer/legal tools, or who can YELL the loudest or is the better liar.
What would happen to the divorce rate.
And don't call the guy who is all hat and no cattle a redneck. Rednecks behave better than that.
For anyboy who is actually worried about it, I don't HAVE a granddaughter. The nieces I have that are his age are all happily married to fine young men.
Cindy O
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 369
Posted: 1/9/2011 11:53:07 AM

Again, while I certainly think it is wrong(or at least UNFAIR) for a man to pay support on a step-child simply because the child's OWN father can't(or won't) or for a woman to 'double dip'(get CS from the kids OWN father and from a step-father) I can understand that the court or other government entity is acting to ensure(theoretically) that child's best interests. If the child's basic economic needs can partially be met out of the pocket of a father and/or stepfather,rather than from state or provincial funds, that is the course of action that will be taken.

I think we all understand the INTENTION of CS, double-dipping and having a step-parent pay. It's the application of the law that's all fvcked up.

You get many women like the lizzzzzzardbreath whose kids are in their mid-late teens and she's still using the "I'm mommy to them full-time so I can't work or contribute" line of bullshit.

My ex is similar. Our kids are now old enough to be pretty responsible, semi-automous human beings, yet my ex still chooses to work part-time, spend lots of "Me-time" rather than work full-time like she could making pretty good money. I have the kids half the time and still pay CS because of her choices. I know of many of her friends and at least one sister who has the same attitude. Shit, she doesn't even have to get out of bed and she makes about $15,000/year just in CS and tax credits.

ladyc4
Msg: 371
Posted: 1/9/2011 3:07:00 PM
Cap'n,just like many other socioeconomic safety nets, there are those who abuse the child support system. And others who prefer to struggle along on their own, even though FINANCIALLY they'd be better served to quit working, go on the state's family assistance program, and let the state go after the deadbeat dad who won't pay child support because he thinks he's getting some kind of revenge on his ex. Really all he's doing is teaching his kids that men father kids, then exit the family. So another male grows up thinking that creating a couple of lives then abandoning them is what men do, and another female grows up thinking that Daddies leave and then Mommy and the kids are poor people is the NORM. Yes, I know that sometimes a guy gets really taken to the cleaners over CS and visitation, or a woman finds a way to milk the system,but all too often what happens is children growing up in reduced financial circumstances because their non-custodial parent is focused on BEATING the system,rather than what's in the best interest of his or her children.
Cindy O
 ladyc4
Msg: 372
Posted: 1/9/2011 5:50:53 PM
FOR THE RECORD
I do not actually propose, nor would I ever actually support a proposition to take a divorcing couple's children away from them. But it's a suggestion I've used more than once to make a couple playing "child support&custody" squabble game stop and THINK,when I was in the social work field.
And I agree that it is really not right for a step-parent to have to pay child support on children that are not their biological issue,but I think what is happening is that a close second to the "best interest of the child" is "the best interest of the state or provinces' funds earmarked for supporting the unfortunate". There is an aversion to dipping into the state/provincial pocketbook to assist children when there are adults in the picture who can legally be made to pay.
And gr8magc is right. Don't just sit there and seethe...get up and work for change of things that you feel are unfair!
Cindy O
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2011 4:17:25 PM

but PEOPLE also need to shut the f up and be responsible for themselves

But why should they when they are ENTITLED to so much without being responsible? Liz is a prime example of this mentality....why should she bother when she can get someone else to do it for her? Just imagine how her kids are going to be brought up......same mentality, values, etc........none of this will change unless the laws follow suit, and this is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Not everyone has the option to be a stay at home mom...

Not true.....if you want to be a stay at home mom, you just have to know how to work the system......get a few live-in boyfriends and then dump them and collect C.S. from each of them, its not that hard, you just gotta know what you're entitled to and not be afraid to go after it, especially if you live in Canada......

Sad reality, but it is true........if you really want to be a stay at home single mom, I think there are a number of methods to get you there without too much effort. Again, Liz is a pretty good example of how you can use the system to your advantage. Of course, all at the expense of others, but who really cares? Liz sure as hell doesn't......

One bright little light on this topic, though.........there is an END DATE to all Child Support, and I can't WAIT to see how these ladies will fare when their little darlings turn adults and the child support stops..........the world as they know it will come CRASHING down...........I LOVE happy endings!!
 My I
Msg: 378
Posted: 1/11/2011 6:06:48 PM

These men do not have the same rights as the bio father but the government and women sure make sure they have to pay child support as if they did

^^^ That's what is pathetic. A man is told to pay because he assumed the role of the father and the child considered the man as the father. However, once the man is ordered to pay, the best interest of the child and the premise of "assuming" the father role is totally redundant and non-binding and default of any parental rights.

I think any parent who uses this rule and then tells the child they are not going to see "John" (no longer, "Daddy") anymore, is an absolute user, manipulator and a very mean parent to the child(ren). There is no excuse for such behaviour.

Many because mommy didn't teach them any different

I kinda disagree.
I think women use this position because they know they will never be in the "payor" position. Their mean spirited selfishness comes to surface in such cases. One poster in this thread has kind of set herself up to nail her S.O. if he ever defaults on kissing her a$$.... and being canadian, I'm guessing she will take out her anger and vengeance on this man for all of her past fvck ups..... eh!
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2011 1:35:28 PM

The biggest thing I am looking forward too...is my Ex Husband paying me arrears over the next decade!! ..That moral parental thing was waay over-rated.....I am the victim all the way

Beautiful!! What a great role model you are to all single moms in Canada!! I see you've already contributed to the "Why men won't date single moms" thread so I think you've repaid us nicely already!! Thanks, Liz!!
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2011 2:01:30 PM
Oh and one more thing you can do to make your quest for lifetime entitlement complete......once you've collected the arrears from your ex, move to Massachusetts and then have a judge there convert your Child Support order to Alimony.....and Voila!! You'll have him paying you for the rest of your life!! You won't ever have to lift a finger again!! I wish I could take credit for that little nugget, but I think it was My I that uncovered that jewel in another thread.........

Wow, scary times to be a married (or divorced) man!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703399204574505700448957522.html
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2011 7:00:11 PM

Beautiful!! What a great role model you are to all single moms in Canada!! I see you've already contributed to the "Why men won't date single moms" thread so I think you've repaid us nicely already!! Thanks, Liz!!

You should be ashamed of yourself, letting a mere woman outsmart you like this!

Liz...
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2011 8:05:26 PM
uh......outsmart me........yea, thats it..........
 My I
Msg: 384
Posted: 1/12/2011 8:09:04 PM

uh......outsmart me........yea, thats it..........

Don't let it bother you. When you spend a lifetime arguing, b!tching and bullshitting you had better be good at it. I think there's enough posts in these forums to ascertain who spent their life being a sarcastic smart-ass.... it's not rocket science.
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2011 7:37:43 AM

Do you guys realize that if there any golddiggers reading this thread, y'all are bluntly telling them where precisely to go to get the bext pickins???!!!
Good looking out for your fellow man!
Now off to Mass, then sneak across the border into Canada!!!
Im gonna be so rich im gonna piss diamonds!!!

Ya gotta know the risks - otherwise, prepare to pay!! After reading this thread, If you're still dumb enough to move in with a single mom, you deserve the consequences......

Sarcastic or not, you ladies prove my point to all the gentlemen here quite nicely.........

Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2011 1:08:27 PM

Maybe a rich dumb Amish dude........i will have enough loco parentis $$ to put a roll of 100 dollar bills on my toilet paper dispenser.

LOL!! Thats funny, Sweetness! I like a good sense of humor despite the crap we write about on here.......

Get him to make you a nice set of furniture while you're at it too!!
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2011 6:56:03 PM

I think there's enough posts in these forums to ascertain who spent their life being a sarcastic smart-ass.... it's not rocket science

Better to have spent one's lifetime doing this than to have lived half a lifetime not being able to recognize the sarcastic smartazz and take them at face value, no?
 Silverhawk_tkn
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2011 8:30:58 AM

Oh Yeah...I know that all you victimized men..(with a few desperate supporting women) just HATE me...

Are you kidding me? You totally justify my thoughts in this thread....I LOVE you.... Please, keep showing us men how it really is.......
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >