Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Woman who gave birth to octuplets already has six young children      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 51
Woman who gave birth to octuplets already has six young childrenPage 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
More news today
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090212/ap_on_re_us/octuplets
Yep, taxpayers will soon be paying more to have her spawn on the earth. Poor kids.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Woman who gave birth to octuplets already has six young children
Posted: 2/12/2009 8:37:17 AM
I just feel sorry for the kids knowing the fact that the main reason why she had them was because it so called helped her with her depression. I mean, what kind of person in their right mind would have kids mainly for that reason. They have damn meds to help cope with depression! Now all of us tax payers in America have to pay for this BS.

It's people like this that should be fixed so that they can't have anymore kids.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 8:44:22 AM
And that's exactly the problem it's people like her that don’t' deserve any kind of handouts. Why should the tax payers have to pay out our hard earned money for this woman’s stupidity and arrogance or any other person for that matter that does this type of stuff? No one should. This woman is a prime example of how someone can abuse the system and it puts all of us in a disposition to have to pay for this mess when we shouldn't.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:13:13 AM
My stance on it is any person that has kids that have to fully rely on handouts from the gov all the time is a burden the tax payer. I don't mind helping people out temporarily so that they can get back on their feet and pay back into the system, which was what the system was originally designed for, that's cool with me, but clearly a woman like this will never be able to do that and she will always have to fully rely on gov support. I mean, this woman lives with her mom and already has 6 kids on top of the 6 kids she just gave birth to for crying out loud. She is a prime example of why there should be mandatory laws that have to permit these types of people to get fixed.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:26:53 AM
I always have said that people like her that will never be able to become self reliant of the gov, should do community service for an X amount of hours per month or lose all of their benefits. Make a person like her pay back into the system one way or another. I don't care if it's picking up trash on the side of the road, whatever it takes for you to pay back into the system in some manner then so be it.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:41:36 AM
LOL, true but we will still be paying for it because the tax payer’s money goes to the prisons that their kids are in; it’s just one giant domino effect. That's why the simplest solution would be for those types of people to get fixed.

It's like Bob barker used to say on the Price is right "always have your pets spade or nuderd" maybe we need to take that more into account for deadbeats.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:47:24 AM

So really, the moral and ethical complaints are based solely on money, not the fact that one or even two people can't possibly give the attention to these children that they need to become emotionally healthy adults.

Not my business. If you want to be a single parent, then more power to you. It starts to become my business when you have to heavily rely on my tax dollars to support your kids.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 10:44:45 AM
what about all the men, single and not single who are donating sperm

They do it for the money mostly.

normaldude
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2009 2:50:50 PM
well guess what??? the baby doctor isnt done yet

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/medicine/la-me-octuplets13-2009feb13,0,457763.story

this guy should pay for all the babies he is technically creating
 My I
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/20/2009 3:53:10 PM

Sperm donors don't pay child support. This donor,like all donors, knows nothing about his genetic children

Not true....
HARRISBURG, Pa. - A state appeals court ruled that a verbal agreement between a woman and her sperm donor was invalid, and ordered the man to pay child support for the woman's twins.
The three-judge panel ruled Thursday that the deal between Joel McKiernan and Ivonne Ferguson — in which McKiernan donated his sperm and would not be obligated to pay any support — was unenforceable because of "legal, equitable and moral principles."
Despite an agreement that appeared to be a binding contract, the father is obligated to provide financial support, the court decided.

"It is the interest of the children we hold most dear,'" wrote Senior Judge Patrick Tamalia.

McKiernan's attorney said he may appeal.
The decision could have implications for sperm and egg donors who expect anonymity, said Arthur Caplan, a professor and medical ethicist at the University of Pennsylvania.

"Anybody who is a sperm donor ought to understand that their identity could be made known to any child that's produced, and they could be seen by the courts as the best place to go to make sure the child has adequate financial support," he said Friday.
According to the trial judge's opinion, Ferguson and McKiernan met while working together and had a two-year affair. The relationship waned by late 1993, when Ferguson convinced McKiernan to act as a sperm donor with no responsibility for any child born as a result, the opinion said.
McKiernan, who has paid up to $1,520 a month in support since losing the case at trial, said he was not pleased with the ruling, but declined to comment further.

Ferguson's lawyer, Elizabeth Hoffman, said there was never evidence of an agreement between the two in which McKiernan would not have to pay any support.

"There was no evidence except his word and her word and it was a matter of credibility," she said

As I interpret the article, it suggests there are no such things as "Honourable agreements".
 Rainie59
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:06:01 PM
I'm fed up with people like this woman, no job, no husband and now no home. Did y'all see that she's looking at million dollar homes. who do you think is going to pay for that - she'll probably get it free from some schmuck who feels sorry for her. I feel bad for the kids, what a bad start to a crappy life. And the kids are already impaired
 normaldude
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:55:40 PM
cant stand her puffed up allergic bee sting lips......GROSS...... wish she would go the fook away....The only useful function for her is a teaching model on how to be a useless walking womb popping out babies she cant support... An example of the way to it all wrong. She could make money on selling a book of her parasitic ways
 Hawk8414
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:17:01 PM
How much you wanna bet Social Services will get those kids and take most of them away from her. And she will be probably be ordered by a judge somewhere to undergo serious psychiatric therapy for the rest of her life. Can you say Electric shock treatments?
 My I
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:36:58 PM
All of this does not amount to a hill of beans

You didn't read the article fully and/or properly.... reread it starting at:

"Anybody who is a sperm donor ought to understand that their identity could be made known to any child that's produced, and they could be seen by the courts as the best place to go to make sure the child has adequate financial support,"

Take note the use of "Anybody" and "any child".

It adds up to a lot of green beans.... if you know what I mean.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 9:10:07 PM
Ok from the articles I have read the sperm was donated to her by a bf(now ex-bf) who wanted to marry her but she said no. So why not make him and the unethical dr (IVF is meant for couples that cant conceive and is expensive for a reason).
Sorry but she can't afford the children she had before this, it was unethical of the dr to give her more. The fact that she mooched off of her parents and now plans on mooching off the state and nation for this last brood is abhorrent.
I have no problem w/ a woman that can afford the IVF and resulting child(ren) I have no problem. The single mothers on welfare temporarily to get thru school to get a better job, I have ZERO problems with. The people(yes there are a number of men who do this) that feel entitled to handouts and welfare because they can have kids are a blight on society. Personally I am sick of people using their child(ren) as a shield to deflect their poor judgement/morally bankrupt behavior. If working people can't afford children or more than a certain number, why should the leeches of society?

Said it before, the only good I see coming of this is much stricter rules/laws/regulations regarding the whole welfare system.

As for IVF maybe they should work it like a horse breeder-live foal guaruntee. It means breedings until an offspring is produced for one price. No need then for multiple implants to ensure at least one catches. Implants until a child is produced-one fee. But this may be too logical for some of the masses.
 lawgeek74
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 9:14:17 PM
I would like to chime in here and say that the law in domestic relations in different from state to state. The law also is different if the source of the sperm is from a sperm bank or from a informal agreement. The sperm bank in most cases will not hold an anonymous donor liable for the expenses of raising a child. An informal agreement will be nullified because a child rights cannot be bargained by the mother.

All of this is changing due to the sperm banks being suing successfully by the children and anonymity gradually being lost. In short, these men are idiots for donating their sperm. Inmy opinion they will all potentially get tapped for child support.

The father of these octoplets is a friend of the mothers. He should get tapped for support before the state is forced to come in an assume support for these children. The father has already married another woman and probably did not know how crazy this woman really was. I do not feel sorry for him one bit. He did not think about the consequences of the action.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 9:54:09 PM
How much you wanna bet Social Services will get those kids and take most of them away from her. And she will be probably be ordered by a judge somewhere to undergo serious psychiatric therapy for the rest of her life. Can you say Electric shock treatments?

I got a better idea, how about the judge order her to get fixed. Anyone remember that show "8 Is enough?" She was 8 past enough.
 My I
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/21/2009 11:37:09 AM
In short, these men are idiots for donating their sperm

I totally agree. What is the objectve for men to do that anyways?
Given the court rulings on some of these donor situations, I think it may be more difficult to persuade men to donate in the future.

I'm all for insisting a single woman who cannot afford invitro and cannot finacially support the children resulting from this process, should be denied access to the process. It shouldn't be a "Mother's right" to be artificially inseminated just to bring a baby into welfare conditions. If it is her right to do that... we've just learned of a new "Low" women will stoop to in order to live off others.
 daynadaze
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2009 1:04:15 PM
I have gone back and forth on this, I mean the whole thing is utterly disgusting but in the end, as always, the kids are going to suffer because the mother and sperm donor were unbelievably stupid. Had she wanted a child or two and had needed help to have them, then I have no problem with that, children shouldn't only be for the rich. But there are limits and there is also common sense. The doctor knew she already had six kids and at least two of them were special needs (meaning expensive and time consuming) so she had no need for more, she should never had had so many before the octs. The doctor, in this case only, should be held somewhat responsible, the sperm donor (who seems to be a friend but not lover of the crazy woman, yep I said crazy) and the mother. But you know, there's no easy solution, she's not the type to be TV worthy, who wants to watch crazy welfare-mom-Angelina Jolie-wanna-be raise her kids in a huge mess and watch them be neglected and gawd knows what things go on in a small house with 14 kids and a single mom who is in need of mental help. That's just not going to make it to TV but I'm sure she thought it would.

I mean I think the Duggars are boring and I do not think their line of having kids for God makes any sense, but with TV backing and donations. plus property they own, they do get by pretty well...although they keep having them and I think they are ridiculous. Jon & Kate I think are cute but she needs to shut up once in a while, still they are supporting their own family and are sane people, plus they never meant to have more than 3 children, they didn't purposely produce litters like the Duggars or the mother of these octs. There is simply no way for her to raise all 14 kids by herself (and I'm not talking about the volunteer help that most families of large multiples get) she hasn't the ability. She keeps talking about getting her degree and somehow getting this wondrous job that will spit out money at her family like a tidal wave. Ain't gonna happen lady, what job can she get that will support 14 children and provide childcare while she's toiling away at this fantasy job??? She's nuts!

It isn't even known what kinds of problem the octs are going to have, but she already has two who need special care, she's one person, it makes me sick just how neglected these kids are going to be. But I do not think that separating them to adopt out or horrors! put into the foster care system, is any kind of answer at all. Unless you are going to take all 14 of them and also let them be with their mom as much as possible, I think you would be making a horrible problem worse...they need as much of a normal life as possible. Instead of thinking of adopting them in the general sense, I would think that people coming forward to adopt them as in the way you adopt a highway section (I know sounds horrible but then it's a mess no matter how you look at it) and take on one child as a sort of foster child but leave the children with their mother. She needs a good whack up the side of her head but again, that's not going to change the damage already done. There's really no sane way out of this, the kids are the most important part and keeping them together and healthy and safe is the best that can be done. We may not owe her a thing, but doing things that will harm the kids just to make her pay for her mistakes , is only going to harm the children.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/21/2009 8:13:36 PM

Every report I have ever seen,and I have been following it from the beginning say it's is a sperm donor, not someone she knew. He was never in a relationship with nadia suleman and did not get her pregnant.

He's not only someone she knows, she's admitted he's freaked out and that she's hoping in time he'll want a relationship with all 14 children. You can easily verify this by watching the interview conducted last week by Ann Curry.
 CanonPeach
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/21/2009 9:59:45 PM
They are now asking for donations,, here is the website: http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com

You knew that would happen. If women were meant to have litters, we'd have boobs all the way down the front.
 My I
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/21/2009 10:51:05 PM
At some point, this story will fade away into media history. But those kids, 14 of them, human lives, each an individual soul, at least two of them with disabilities, must live out their lives. What this woman, with the aid of her doctor and sperm donor, has done is reprehensible....she cannot literally afford to suppor them financially, and there is truly no way a single person can give these children the nurturing and mothering that any single child needs. Most people are nearly overwhelmed with just 2 or three childern, especially if they have to work, and this woman plans on first going to school and then working. It's a sad, sad story. The doctor needs to pay some severe consequences

In regards to this whack job being acused of botoxing her lips to look like Angelina Jolie, I found another disturbing coincidence:

On the Daily Show on June 14, host Jon Stewart inquired as to just how many kids angelina wanted in all, to which the 'Tomb Raider' star replied that she wanted to have as many as 14 little ones.

I think she's trying to live someone else's life
*sigh*
 hotlovers
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/24/2009 10:32:53 PM
To me I think Nadya Suleman is very blessed to have octuplets and I envy her. Girl power. Now for her babies names in there births it goes in this order:
Noah - male 2 lbs 11 oz
Maliah - female 2 lbs 12 oz
Isaiah - male 3 lbs 4 oz
Nariah - female 2 lbs 8 oz
McCai - male 1 lb. 8 oz
Josiah - male 2 lbs 12 oz
Jeremiah - male 1 lb 15 oz
Jonah - male 2 lbs 11 oz
All have Angel as their middle name and Solomon as their last name. Suleman is known to have used Soloman and Doud as her surname so the last name may not necessarily refer to the sperm donor. There is doubt as to whether "David Solomon" is the biological father's true name. On one of the documents of the four oldest children's birth certificates, Solomon lists Israel as his "State of birth."
In 2001, Suleman started procedures to change her legal name to Nadya Solomon, but her name remained unchanged and there is no name-change decree on file. The IVFs resulted in four single births and one fraternal twin birth, with four boys and two girls born between 2001 and 2006.
7-year-old Elijah Makai Solomon (boy)
6-year-old Amerah Yasmeen Solomon (girl)
5-year-old Joshua Jacob Solomon (boy)
3-year-old Aiden Solomon (boy)
2-year-old Calyssa Arielle Solomon (girl, twin)
2-year-old Caleb Kai Solomon (boy, twin)
I think Nadya Suleman and Angelina Jolie-Pitt has a lot in common like there age 33 and looks. Just check this out for yourselfs:
On March 10, 2002, Jolie adopted her first child, seven-month-old Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt (originally Maddox Chivan Thornton Jolie). He was born on August 5, 2001 as Rath Vibol in Cambodia, and he initially lived in a local orphanage in Battambang. Jolie decided to apply for adoption after she had visited Cambodia twice, while filming Tomb Raider and on a UNHCR field trip in 2001. After her divorce from her second husband, Billy Bob Thornton, Jolie received sole custody of Maddox.
Jolie adopted a six-month-old girl from Ethiopia, Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt (originally Zahara Marley Jolie), on July 6, 2005. Zahara was born on January 8, 2005. She was originally named Yemsrach by her mother, and was later given the legal name Tena Adam at an orphanage. Jolie adopted her from Wide Horizons For Children orphanage in Addis Ababa. Shortly after they returned to the United States, Zahara was hospitalized for dehydration and malnutrition. In 2007, media outlets reported Zahara's biological mother, Mentewabe Dawit, was still alive and wanted her daughter back, but she later denied these reports, saying she thought Zahara was "very fortunate" to be adopted by Jolie. Brad Pitt was reportedly present when Jolie signed the adoption papers and collected her daughter; later Jolie indicated that she and Pitt made the decision to adopt Zahara together. On January 19, 2006, a judge in California approved Pitt's request to legally adopt Jolie's two children. Their surnames were formally changed to "Jolie-Pitt".

Jolie gave birth to a daughter, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, in Swakopmund, Namibia, by a scheduled caesarean section, on May 27, 2006. Pitt confirmed that their newly-born daughter would have a Namibian passport, and Jolie decided to sell the first pictures of Shiloh through the distributor Getty Images herself, rather than allowing paparazzi to make these valuable photographs. People paid more than $4.1 million for the North American rights, while British magazine Hello! obtained the international rights for roughly $3.5 million. All profits were donated to an undisclosed charity by Jolie and Pitt. Madame Tussauds in New York unveiled a wax figure of two-month-old Shiloh; it was the first infant re-created in wax by Madame Tussauds.

On March 15, 2007, Jolie adopted a three-year-old boy from Vietnam, Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt (originally Pax Thien Jolie), who was born on November 29, 2003 and abandoned at birth at a local hospital, where he was initially named Pham Quang Sang. Jolie adopted the boy from the Tam Binh orphanage in Ho Chi Minh City. She revealed that his first name, Pax, was suggested by her mother before her death.

Following months of tabloid speculation, Jolie confirmed she was expecting twins at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival. She gave birth to a boy, Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt, and a girl, Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt, by caesarean section at the Lenval hospital in Nice, France, on July 12, 2008. The rights for the first images of Knox and Vivienne were jointly sold to People and Hello! for $14 million—the most expensive celebrity pictures ever taken. The money went to the Jolie/Pitt Foundation.
 My I
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/25/2009 6:50:49 PM

To me I think Nadya Suleman is very blessed to have octuplets and I envy her.

What's your sentiments for the other six children?

Girl power

^^^ Of course.
I guess that's more important than providing a stable home for the first six children.

The rights for the first images of Knox and Vivienne were jointly sold to People and Hello! for $14 million—the most expensive celebrity pictures ever taken. The money went to the Jolie/Pitt Foundation

You seem quite proud these women sell off the children's private life... for cash.

Are you next?
 hotlovers
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/25/2009 11:43:57 PM

What's your sentiments for the other six children?

I think she has been blessed also with the six other children she has. I think all woman that has children are blessed also. Don't you??

^^^ Of course.
I guess that's more important than providing a stable home for the first six children.

I mean you think about that she has a total of 14 children and no husband to fall back on; now wouldn't you be financially unstable too?? I mean she may have made some bad choices but then again everybody has at one point and time.

You seem quite proud these women sell off the children's private life... for cash.

No, I not I'm just telling everybody a little bit about thier lifes.

Are you next?

The answer to that question is no.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Woman who gave birth to octuplets already has six young children