Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Woman who gave birth to octuplets already has six young children      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daynadaze
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Woman who gave birth to octuplets already has six young childrenPage 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I have gone back and forth on this, I mean the whole thing is utterly disgusting but in the end, as always, the kids are going to suffer because the mother and sperm donor were unbelievably stupid. Had she wanted a child or two and had needed help to have them, then I have no problem with that, children shouldn't only be for the rich. But there are limits and there is also common sense. The doctor knew she already had six kids and at least two of them were special needs (meaning expensive and time consuming) so she had no need for more, she should never had had so many before the octs. The doctor, in this case only, should be held somewhat responsible, the sperm donor (who seems to be a friend but not lover of the crazy woman, yep I said crazy) and the mother. But you know, there's no easy solution, she's not the type to be TV worthy, who wants to watch crazy welfare-mom-Angelina Jolie-wanna-be raise her kids in a huge mess and watch them be neglected and gawd knows what things go on in a small house with 14 kids and a single mom who is in need of mental help. That's just not going to make it to TV but I'm sure she thought it would.

I mean I think the Duggars are boring and I do not think their line of having kids for God makes any sense, but with TV backing and donations. plus property they own, they do get by pretty well...although they keep having them and I think they are ridiculous. Jon & Kate I think are cute but she needs to shut up once in a while, still they are supporting their own family and are sane people, plus they never meant to have more than 3 children, they didn't purposely produce litters like the Duggars or the mother of these octs. There is simply no way for her to raise all 14 kids by herself (and I'm not talking about the volunteer help that most families of large multiples get) she hasn't the ability. She keeps talking about getting her degree and somehow getting this wondrous job that will spit out money at her family like a tidal wave. Ain't gonna happen lady, what job can she get that will support 14 children and provide childcare while she's toiling away at this fantasy job??? She's nuts!

It isn't even known what kinds of problem the octs are going to have, but she already has two who need special care, she's one person, it makes me sick just how neglected these kids are going to be. But I do not think that separating them to adopt out or horrors! put into the foster care system, is any kind of answer at all. Unless you are going to take all 14 of them and also let them be with their mom as much as possible, I think you would be making a horrible problem worse...they need as much of a normal life as possible. Instead of thinking of adopting them in the general sense, I would think that people coming forward to adopt them as in the way you adopt a highway section (I know sounds horrible but then it's a mess no matter how you look at it) and take on one child as a sort of foster child but leave the children with their mother. She needs a good whack up the side of her head but again, that's not going to change the damage already done. There's really no sane way out of this, the kids are the most important part and keeping them together and healthy and safe is the best that can be done. We may not owe her a thing, but doing things that will harm the kids just to make her pay for her mistakes , is only going to harm the children.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 70
Woman who gave birth to octuplets already has six young children
Posted: 2/21/2009 8:13:36 PM

Every report I have ever seen,and I have been following it from the beginning say it's is a sperm donor, not someone she knew. He was never in a relationship with nadia suleman and did not get her pregnant.

He's not only someone she knows, she's admitted he's freaked out and that she's hoping in time he'll want a relationship with all 14 children. You can easily verify this by watching the interview conducted last week by Ann Curry.
 CanonPeach
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/21/2009 9:59:45 PM
They are now asking for donations,, here is the website: http://www.thenadyasulemanfamily.com

You knew that would happen. If women were meant to have litters, we'd have boobs all the way down the front.
 My I
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/21/2009 10:51:05 PM
At some point, this story will fade away into media history. But those kids, 14 of them, human lives, each an individual soul, at least two of them with disabilities, must live out their lives. What this woman, with the aid of her doctor and sperm donor, has done is reprehensible....she cannot literally afford to suppor them financially, and there is truly no way a single person can give these children the nurturing and mothering that any single child needs. Most people are nearly overwhelmed with just 2 or three childern, especially if they have to work, and this woman plans on first going to school and then working. It's a sad, sad story. The doctor needs to pay some severe consequences

In regards to this whack job being acused of botoxing her lips to look like Angelina Jolie, I found another disturbing coincidence:

On the Daily Show on June 14, host Jon Stewart inquired as to just how many kids angelina wanted in all, to which the 'Tomb Raider' star replied that she wanted to have as many as 14 little ones.

I think she's trying to live someone else's life
*sigh*
 hotlovers
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/24/2009 10:32:53 PM
To me I think Nadya Suleman is very blessed to have octuplets and I envy her. Girl power. Now for her babies names in there births it goes in this order:
Noah - male 2 lbs 11 oz
Maliah - female 2 lbs 12 oz
Isaiah - male 3 lbs 4 oz
Nariah - female 2 lbs 8 oz
McCai - male 1 lb. 8 oz
Josiah - male 2 lbs 12 oz
Jeremiah - male 1 lb 15 oz
Jonah - male 2 lbs 11 oz
All have Angel as their middle name and Solomon as their last name. Suleman is known to have used Soloman and Doud as her surname so the last name may not necessarily refer to the sperm donor. There is doubt as to whether "David Solomon" is the biological father's true name. On one of the documents of the four oldest children's birth certificates, Solomon lists Israel as his "State of birth."
In 2001, Suleman started procedures to change her legal name to Nadya Solomon, but her name remained unchanged and there is no name-change decree on file. The IVFs resulted in four single births and one fraternal twin birth, with four boys and two girls born between 2001 and 2006.
7-year-old Elijah Makai Solomon (boy)
6-year-old Amerah Yasmeen Solomon (girl)
5-year-old Joshua Jacob Solomon (boy)
3-year-old Aiden Solomon (boy)
2-year-old Calyssa Arielle Solomon (girl, twin)
2-year-old Caleb Kai Solomon (boy, twin)
I think Nadya Suleman and Angelina Jolie-Pitt has a lot in common like there age 33 and looks. Just check this out for yourselfs:
On March 10, 2002, Jolie adopted her first child, seven-month-old Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt (originally Maddox Chivan Thornton Jolie). He was born on August 5, 2001 as Rath Vibol in Cambodia, and he initially lived in a local orphanage in Battambang. Jolie decided to apply for adoption after she had visited Cambodia twice, while filming Tomb Raider and on a UNHCR field trip in 2001. After her divorce from her second husband, Billy Bob Thornton, Jolie received sole custody of Maddox.
Jolie adopted a six-month-old girl from Ethiopia, Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt (originally Zahara Marley Jolie), on July 6, 2005. Zahara was born on January 8, 2005. She was originally named Yemsrach by her mother, and was later given the legal name Tena Adam at an orphanage. Jolie adopted her from Wide Horizons For Children orphanage in Addis Ababa. Shortly after they returned to the United States, Zahara was hospitalized for dehydration and malnutrition. In 2007, media outlets reported Zahara's biological mother, Mentewabe Dawit, was still alive and wanted her daughter back, but she later denied these reports, saying she thought Zahara was "very fortunate" to be adopted by Jolie. Brad Pitt was reportedly present when Jolie signed the adoption papers and collected her daughter; later Jolie indicated that she and Pitt made the decision to adopt Zahara together. On January 19, 2006, a judge in California approved Pitt's request to legally adopt Jolie's two children. Their surnames were formally changed to "Jolie-Pitt".

Jolie gave birth to a daughter, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, in Swakopmund, Namibia, by a scheduled caesarean section, on May 27, 2006. Pitt confirmed that their newly-born daughter would have a Namibian passport, and Jolie decided to sell the first pictures of Shiloh through the distributor Getty Images herself, rather than allowing paparazzi to make these valuable photographs. People paid more than $4.1 million for the North American rights, while British magazine Hello! obtained the international rights for roughly $3.5 million. All profits were donated to an undisclosed charity by Jolie and Pitt. Madame Tussauds in New York unveiled a wax figure of two-month-old Shiloh; it was the first infant re-created in wax by Madame Tussauds.

On March 15, 2007, Jolie adopted a three-year-old boy from Vietnam, Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt (originally Pax Thien Jolie), who was born on November 29, 2003 and abandoned at birth at a local hospital, where he was initially named Pham Quang Sang. Jolie adopted the boy from the Tam Binh orphanage in Ho Chi Minh City. She revealed that his first name, Pax, was suggested by her mother before her death.

Following months of tabloid speculation, Jolie confirmed she was expecting twins at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival. She gave birth to a boy, Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt, and a girl, Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt, by caesarean section at the Lenval hospital in Nice, France, on July 12, 2008. The rights for the first images of Knox and Vivienne were jointly sold to People and Hello! for $14 million—the most expensive celebrity pictures ever taken. The money went to the Jolie/Pitt Foundation.
 My I
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/25/2009 6:50:49 PM

To me I think Nadya Suleman is very blessed to have octuplets and I envy her.

What's your sentiments for the other six children?

Girl power

^^^ Of course.
I guess that's more important than providing a stable home for the first six children.

The rights for the first images of Knox and Vivienne were jointly sold to People and Hello! for $14 million—the most expensive celebrity pictures ever taken. The money went to the Jolie/Pitt Foundation

You seem quite proud these women sell off the children's private life... for cash.

Are you next?
 hotlovers
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/25/2009 11:43:57 PM

What's your sentiments for the other six children?

I think she has been blessed also with the six other children she has. I think all woman that has children are blessed also. Don't you??

^^^ Of course.
I guess that's more important than providing a stable home for the first six children.

I mean you think about that she has a total of 14 children and no husband to fall back on; now wouldn't you be financially unstable too?? I mean she may have made some bad choices but then again everybody has at one point and time.

You seem quite proud these women sell off the children's private life... for cash.

No, I not I'm just telling everybody a little bit about thier lifes.

Are you next?

The answer to that question is no.
 daynadaze
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2009 12:21:43 AM
Are you kidding, ~she made some bad choices~, she's not mentally healthy, she makes no sense, she lives in a delusion, of course she's not going to be a good mother to those children. What she did, even before she knew there were going to be eight, was selfish and really stupid. These are children, not playthings to fill up some mental dysfunction in her life. It's really disgusting what she has done and no it's not a blessing, it's cruel and neglectful and totally irresponsible. What a crock, a blessing and comparing her to some nut-case movie star who at least can afford her children and the help to raise them. Now this women fully expects other people to come in and do for her while she makes ignorant claims to some pretend job she's going to get and all is just going to be fine. Other people are going to fix this for her and she'll also be making some stupid remarks about God and blessings. like carelessly having child after child after child is some friggin miracle. What a load of BS! Those are children, real live children in need, not some fantasy.
 hotlovers
Msg: 77
Posted: 2/26/2009 12:12:54 PM
This is to all of you....... I think she is going to make a name for herself and she will be in the guiness book of world records also. They will probably even make a movie out of her life. She want be broke for long. She will make it with her 14 children; just watch and see.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2009 12:42:20 PM
She already has made a name for herself, but its not in a good way. if she decides to go for the Guiness Book of World Records for child birth she won't have enough money to support all of those children and properly care for them. They probably will make one of those "Movie of the Week" dramas about her, just don't expect it to be all sunshine and roses. She has already been broke for a long time and has not learned fiscal responsibility. If someone foolishly gives her a big payout she will be broke again. Much like the lotto winners that end up broke.
She is not mentally healthy and no amount of fame, media, or money is going to change that. I have more admiration for the single parent that works to support the child(ren) they have and stop when they can't afford any more. This woman couldn't afford the six she had but went out and had more figuring somehow, someone else would pick up the tab. One way or the other its the general public that will.
 daynadaze
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2009 12:55:23 PM

This is to all of you....... I think she is going to make a name for herself and she will be in the guiness book of world records also. They will probably even make a movie out of her life. She want be broke for long. She will make it with her 14 children; just watch and see.

You are missing the point, just like the mother of all these children, so you may not ever, like her, be able to see the problem...these are children, 14 of them, born to a mother with mental problems who cannot take care of them and she doesn't even yet know what kinds of problems these children will have. This is not a case of someone being thrown into a huge mess and trying to dig out, this is a women who uses tiny human lives to fulfill her mental instability. It doesn't matter how much media attention she sucks dry with her attention seeking, nor how much money she makes from using her children and offering up their lives for profit, these are still little children with no say and they have been put in an awful position because their mother is a selfish, narcissistic freak show. She made babies, she thinks they are products and she knows the world will step in and help them...she's ridiculous. Who cares if she 'makes it' what I care about is these children, how are they going to 'make it'? Who's standing up and doing right by them while their crazy mom makes an ass of herself around the media world?
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2009 4:58:10 PM

What difference is it if 8 unmarried unemployed women give birth to 8 children or one woman to 8?

The difference is that in most cases of single, unemployed women giving birth, the pregnancy was unintentional. This woman did it deliberately.
 My I
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/9/2009 10:09:31 PM

So... you're agreeing withothers that she is in the business of birthing.

This is from a recent interview/article. It also supports the intent of setting up a business via childbirthing:

As far as the babies' father, she says she paid him for the sperm donation. "A certain amount of money," she says, "not too much but just enough so he knew that there were boundaries there. I wanted those boundaries to be really firm and know that this is a business arrangement."

And as far as this being a happy family? Well, here is the beginning of happiness (sarcasm):

The arrangement comes amid pressures at home. At least some of Suleman's other children are angry over the impending arrival of the octuplets, Suleman tells The Insider.

"[They're] externalizing their anger. Internalizing it. They become more withdrawn and get a little more sad," Suleman tells the show. "One of my kids for a while, I noticed, he didn't want to deal with the reality of what's going on. I noticed some tears coming down his face. I held him for ten minutes and he held me back and that's all he needed."

She talking about kids dealing with reality... what about her?

She's gone through another publicist as well. Not to mention, that charity "Angels in Waiting" is paying the salary of 14 nurses a day to care for the children.

Anyone defending this nut should move in with her.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2009 6:32:26 AM
Has anyone else noticed how Octomom's story changes depending on who is interviewing her?
She paid the guy for the sperm, she wants him to come around and be part of the children's lives, he wanted to marry her, he was just a friend.
Or the reasons for her birthing a brood? To cure her depression, because the eggs needed a life, because she always wanted lots of kids, because she wanted to be famous.
Or how she was planning on supporting the brood? Student loans, getting a job, selling the rights to the story, getting her own reality show, donations from people.

Seems to me she is as oblivious to the truth of her situation as she is to how it effects her older children. She changes her story often trying to find the one that will gain her the most sympathy and popularity. Regardless of her mental state or financial situation, she's manipulative, conniving, and selfish. Her children, all fourteen of them, would be better off w/ people who could care for them properly.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2009 7:30:02 PM

And God forbid they should put any of that money toward the hospital bill. (Note the sarcasm)

Wouldn't require some qualities she is oblivously missing? Like umm I dunno, logic, common sense, maturity, sense of responsibility just to name a few. Seriously she could have put her plastic surgery and IVF money towards the mortgage of her parents home and been able to keep one roof over the EXISTING kids' heads, but I guess that never entered her mind.
Are you sure that house wasn't the "servant's" quarters for all the nannies she is going to need? Do they have any old-dated schools she can convert into a house? that may be the best option for her. At least there would be a cafeteria for feeding the masses there.
 hotlovers
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/10/2009 8:36:12 PM
My I
Anyone defending this nut should move in with her.

You know everybody has a different point of view about Nadya Suleman. Nobody thinks the same way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I found on the internet tonight..............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Octo-mom' and babies to get a new home
8 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — The mother of octuplets born in California earlier this year will be moving to a larger house to raise her newborns and her six other children, US media reported Tuesday.

"Octo-mom" Nayda Suleman's new house in the town of La Habra in Orange County, California is almost twice as large as the one where she currently lives, entertainment weekly People Magazine reported in its online edition.

The magazine said the house was purchased by Suleman's father, Ed Doud, for 565,000 dollars and that the sale should be finalized later this week.

"She's excited," Suleman's mother Angela told the magazine, noting the new home "will have a lot more space."

Suleman's new abode, with an interior measuring 240-square meters (about 2,500 square feet) has four bedrooms and three bathrooms, as well as an ample backyard, the magazine reported.

News reports last month said that the house where Suleman currently resides, which is owned by her mother who is divorced from her dad, in under threat of foreclosure and that the mortgage is more than 20,000 dollars in arrears.

The case of Suleman and her now-famous babies born on January 26 has provoked outrage from health experts and the public, after it emerged that the octuplets babies were conceived through in vitro fertilization.

Critics also have expressed consternation that Suleman, who is unemployed, already had six children under the age of seven.

People wrote that Suleman has accepted the invitation of Angels in Waiting, a nonprofit that will provide around-the-clock nurses -- four to five at a time -- once the babies are brought home.

The service is valued at about 135,000 dollars, the magazine reported.

People also cited an interview with Suleman, who said she paid the father of the octuplets for the sperm donation that led to the infants' conception, although she would not say how much.

"A certain amount of money," she is quoted have told The Insider, a Hollywood gossip website.

"Not too much, but just enough so he knew that there were boundaries there," she said.

"I wanted those boundaries to be really firm and know that this is a business arrangement" she told The Insider.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2009 9:13:01 PM
Sorry but regardless of what she is saying today you have to look at the longer story. I stand by my previous post. She will change her story until she gets the response she wants.

Just a few snippets about "Mummy Wonderbirth":
http://www.tmz.com/category/octomom/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504364,00.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujlieYG47s - does a octomom music parody, had throw this in sorry was getting to serious for me in here.
 alwaysyummy
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 9:45:55 AM
i watched "Dr Phil" and lots of help is going to be provided for these babies when they come home.

She already has a house now and renovations will be done and all will be provided for these 8 babies, including "round the clock" help by professionals.

All help will be given "free of charge".

So these 8 babies will be well looked after once they are home...so far these 8 babies are healthy and just need to put on weight.
 alwaysyummy
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 6:20:47 PM
"Help" is coming from sources that Dr. Phil mentioned he helped to set up for these babies.

Important thing that matters is that these babies will be looked after.
 My I
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/19/2009 7:37:04 PM
Octo -moms kids will be babysited by the media and will be protected by the people wanting to show the world how great america is.

Protected in what way?

A mother has the right to parent these children as she pleases without legal intervention - assuming she stays within the parameters of the law. Mental and emotional oppression is not something that can be detected and/or prevented regardless of the "eyes" watching over them. I'm sure the media can be held responsible for making these children's lives a three ring circus.

The six older children will no longer enjoy what they may have considered to be a normal life. All 14 children will never live without the attention and noteriety for the rest of their life.

That's not what I call "protection". It's kind of depressing, isn't it?

God blessed her with these kids he has a plan for her.He makes no mistakes, there is always a reason

It's not as if God granted immaculate conception. I'm not going to believe God woke her up one day and said, "Whackjob, you need to bare me 14 children.... I'm replacing the original disciples."
 hotlovers
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:16:35 PM
OctoMom Brings Home The 8th Baby
April 13th, 2009: Nadya Suleman was finally able to bring the last of her eight newborn babies home from the hospital. It had stayed longer than the others because of health concerns.
 barbee1970
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/17/2009 11:47:17 PM
Trust me, taxpayers are footing the bill for those children. This woman has NO means of supporting her kids. Why does Medicaid approve this and Viagra? Should people on welfare be breeding?

Now she's getting her own TV show. Alot of us single moms are doing things the hard way and get no thanks from the media.
 oddandy
Msg: 91
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:40:35 PM
She was already on food stamps because she couldn't afford to feed the 6 kids she already had. What do you call a woman who can't feed the kids she already has yet chooses to have even more? AN UNFIT MOTHER. Shame on her and her doctor. Her kids should be taken from her and the state board should revoke her doctor's medical license.
 My I
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/18/2009 3:01:03 PM

What do you call a woman who can't feed the kids she already has yet chooses to have even more?

I'm not certain what you would call her. But, whatever it is, it requires a professional spokesperson/publicist.

It appears a person sponsoring an immigrant has more accountability than that of a woman who does this kind of thing. *sigh*

My concern is that she will repeat this kind of thing if she doesn't profit enough from the current inventory.... for a good pension.
 maxxoccupancy
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2009 11:39:08 AM
Even for upper income families, taxpayers have to foot an average bill of over $11,000 per year per student for the public school system. The cost is usually higher in higher crime "poor" neighborhoods like Washington, D.C.

Then you have Medicaid, food stamps, child care, Headstart, transit, dental, EITC, and a whole list of programs that they can take advantage of. All multiplied by 14 kids.

The total cost to the taxpayer could easily exceed $250,000 a year.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Woman who gave birth to octuplets already has six young children