Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > When is it Not "In-Breeding", 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cousins???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 armaegis
Msg: 9
view profile
History
When is it Not In-Breeding, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cousins???Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I used to visit Hutterite farms when I was kid. I swear almost all of them were blind as moles.
 TooShadows
Msg: 10
view profile
History
When is it Not In-Breeding, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cousins???
Posted: 2/4/2009 7:37:20 AM
Here in my hometown we have a religous sect.I won't mention the name,but one of their rules is that no one can marry outside of the religion.As a result they had to start marrying 2nd or 3rd cousins,and I would imagine there were a few closer ones. As a result of this all the children started to look alike. They all had very white hair and the same facial features.My brother used to joke that the parents could take the wrong kids home after church because they couldn't tell them apart. They finally imported some women from the states where this religion is bigger,and as a result the children are starting to look a little more normal.
 just-friends-with-you
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/4/2009 11:58:17 AM
I remember years and years ago hearing a story in the states about a husband and wife who had 3 kids who found out they were half siblings.. The husband never knew his Dad and was adopted by his moms new husband, he was a product of an affair.. The wife knew her Dad but dad died at a young age.. So when the 2 met there was no family connection.. Nobody really knew about the affair.. How they found was that an family member brought over some old pictures for the husband (this is after they married and had 3 kids).. And this family member had pictures of his dad that were put away, I think his mom passed away and thats why the old pictures were brought to him... And there was a few pictures of his 'real' dad and the wife freaked right out. Understandablly... It turn out they were related but it was too late.. They already built a life/home together and they did end up staying together from what I heard but that was a few years ago... That must of been a hard decision..

In this case what do you do?? I am sure if both families knew something would of been said.. And they wouldn't of been together.. But since Dad died and the afair was brief and nobody knew about it, plus there were no name connection.. They been happily married for x amount of years and have 3 kids and your in love what do you do?? Break up a family cuz society says it is wrong?

I am sure we all have distant family somewhere that nobody knows of and has a different last name.. It could happen..
 FortidudoPenetralis
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/3/2009 11:03:14 PM
I have two female cousins (first cousins) who are professional fashion and print models: let me tell you, I find nothing against "breeding" with first cousins.

The science (proving that the risk of first cousin birth defects are negligible) has been laid out. The problem is that we have an uneducated public that listens and retains government hype and has no desire to do the research and understand the truth. This is exactly what big government depends on to control a population of 350,000,000! If you dont wan't millions of people to do something you can just pump the media chanels full of garbage fear inducing hype and eventually, like drones, peoples perception will change.

WHY ELSE DO YOU THINK PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD CAN NOT EXPLAIN WHY THEY ARE AGAINST FIRST COUSIN MARIAGE??? THEY ARE BRAINWASHED!! THE IDEA HAS BEEN PUT INTO THEIR HEAD!!! ITS THE FREAKING MATRIX! WAKE UP!

Or maybe they just have really ugly cousins.

:-)

With love,

FortitudoP
 printer2
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:05:29 AM

The problem is that we have an uneducated public that listens and retains government hype and has no desire to do the research and understand the truth. This is exactly what big government depends on to control a population of 350,000,000!

I had to look. An American. They sure do like their inbreeding and sure do hate their government telling them not to do it.
 FortidudoPenetralis
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/4/2009 3:57:03 PM
Take a few classes in ancient civilization and things will become a bit clearer.

And let me guess, i would really piss everyone off here if I were to say religion was disseminated to control large populations huh? Study what took place in the dark ages.

And for all the Creationists out there: God put Adam and Eve on this earth. What happened after they had children? Oh yeah, they inbred.

And for all you blue eyed people: Your genetic mutation (blue-eyes) could possibly mean that you are inbred and related to everyone else who has blue eyes. Take a look at Hans Eiberg's work on this.

And for anyone who is interested in finding out where the inbreeding taboo came from: do a little research on human sociocultural and environmental conditions.
 printer2
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:14:24 PM

And for anyone who is interested in finding out where the inbreeding taboo came from: do a little research on human sociocultural and environmental conditions.

Sorry we do not do research in this forum. That would spoil the mood.
 wolf woman
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/4/2009 9:07:44 PM
No one is cousins below the belt!! Hey a guy I dated when I was younger said that to me once we found out that we were 2nd cousins! lol. woooops. It did creep me out enough though to end it.
 flyin-high
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 11:13:27 PM

And for anyone who is interested in finding out where the inbreeding taboo came from:
There’s nothing taboo about it. All mammals which display pack behavior and social structure (monkeys, lions wolves, horses, dolphins etc..) will generally avoid breeding with first cousins and will try to distance themselves as much as reasonably possible but, just like people, they have their exceptions.

Purebred dogs tend to have more health issues than mutts because their breeding is restricted to a smaller segment of the gene pool. The more we mix up the gene pool, the stronger the species becomes because it makes it harder for any single virus or disease to wipe out the whole group.

Much like dolphins and monkeys, we don’t need religion or conspiracy theories to tell us what’s best for the survival of the species, it’s an inbred trait.

susan_cd
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/4/2009 11:22:35 PM

we don’t need religion or conspiracy theories

Flyin, you're being repetitive; what is organized religion but a big conspiracy theory?

"We'll tell you what you can & can't do, what you can & can't think, and how much $$$ to give us, and you'll be rewarded after you die.... oh and you don't need proof, just faith ( trust us)."
 Project_Marius
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/5/2009 6:42:19 AM
I would find it weird being with any closely related cousins because we grew up together as children. I know some people who married their first cousins and the kids were a little weird. Then again the parents weren't all that intelligent to begin with so this could be a "worst case scenerio" type deal. I suppose circumstance plays a huge role in "kissing cousins"?
 flyin-high
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 9:25:05 PM

If 2 people were to become parents to all human creation with all their diversity, it is logical that within their genes would exist all the possible combinations
If that were the case, 2 white parents should be able to produce a black baby.

Its one of those interesting facts that this "book" which began its recording 3500 years ago , understood the necessity to keep the gene pool mixed....
Apes and elephants also understand this necessity, yet they’ve never read the bible.

Maybe the original authors of the “book” understood the concept of evolution, it’s a shame that same concept seems to elude the people who read it today.
 susan_cd
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/6/2009 11:16:28 PM
And for Bible critics, what can't you understand? If 2 people were to become parents to all human creation with all their diversity, it is logical that within their genes would exist all the possible combinations

I have trouble understanding people combining the "Bible" and logic in the same statement.

......AND...if you read the Bible then you would know that people were given the objective of "going forth" ( not settling and in just one place and make some big city) and "fill the whole earth

Sure, according to the judeo-christian mythology, but not everyone is a believer of those myths, and avoid new age stuff; there are much older beliefs/myths.

Its one of those interesting facts that this "book" which began its recording 3500 years ago , understood the necessity to keep the gene pool mixed....

Naw, just that variety is the spice of life ( and where does it mention genes in the Bible?).

If you are going to believe in "God" and this gene-mixing being part of his plan, then you gotta wonder why he'd start with just 2 people.... and also why he'd eliminate everyone except Noah, Noah's wife, and Noah's 3 sons & their wives.

Dudleyh45
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/8/2009 11:23:25 PM

A fewer number of hutterite colonies, perhaps?

Sure that's brave, pick on the people you'll never see on here. They actually do their best to mix it up between the different Hutterian sects.

And for Bible critics, what can't you understand? If 2 people were to become parents to all human creation with all their diversity, it is logical that within their genes would exist all the possible combinations......AND...if you read the Bible then you would know that people were given the objective of "going forth" ( not settling and in just one place and make some big city) and "fill the whole earth".

And if you read the actuall words of the book it states that people were created before man was created. It also states that the sons of the Gods bred with the daughters of mankind. So that would indicate there was a wide range of genes so nobody had to intermarry or interbreed.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/8/2009 11:37:09 PM

And let me guess, i would really piss everyone off here if I were to say religion was disseminated to control large populations huh? Study what took place in the dark ages.

All ages are dark if you are refusing to see the light or are left out of it.
So you say you are Christian and place God first and foremost, even before family yet you want us to believe when Christ sent his disciples to go to all peoples and all the earth that he only wanted to control people. This same Christ whom you claim to follow? The same one who would not be alive to see the fruits of their labour let alone enjoy the power it would create. This seems like a hypocracy, to me, on your part and just nonsense on his.
 susan_cd
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/9/2009 3:41:26 PM

This same Christ whom you claim to follow? The same one who would not be alive to see the fruits of their labour let alone enjoy the power it would create. This seems like a hypocracy, to me, on your part and just nonsense on his.

Is this a religious discussion thread or a thread on genetics & maintaining a healthy gene pool?
 printer2
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/9/2009 4:31:41 PM
^^^^^ touchy.

Dudleyh45
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:57:48 PM

Is this a religious discussion thread or a thread on genetics & maintaining a healthy gene pool?

I am sure for some the two can never be separated so it must depend on what you read into things. Looking at the OP's original question
What level is it an OK practice to "date" a distant relative???
i would suggest it to be a discussion on ethics and morals. Going strictly by the title of the thread it could be considered in more of a scientific light. Might be this thread can be both.
 susan_cd
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/10/2009 5:45:21 AM

What level is it an OK practice to "date" a distant relative???

I guess it'd depend how distant they are. Like if you live in Nova Scotia & they live in BC then dating would probably be OK because you'd only see them occasionally.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/10/2009 10:10:32 AM

You're right.........I should have said " fewer people in Manitou"

That's better, now if i could only come up with a witty response.............nope, i got nothin.
 susan_cd
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/11/2009 9:53:48 PM

and science is a form of religion

Ummmmmm ??????

Religion is something that requires "faith" and generally some form of supernatural "creator". Science doesn't require "faith" or a supernatural creator. It can have "beliefs", but true scientists are ready to discard (or modify) these beliefs if they are proved to be incorrect or faulty.

Science can be broken down to wondering about something, deducing an explanation for that something, and then devising a way to test that something to prove it ( or disprove it).

There is no way to test or prove "god". If there was, faith wouldn't be required.

For one thing you cannot make this a non-religious issue since the standars set up for this in our society are based on Judeo-Christian concepts......but don't you wonder why also have negative views about incest and such?

Not really, they ( ancient non-judeo-christian cultures ) just had a differnt superstition/mythology that had some of the same views. And the Judeo-Christian religion adopted numerous facets from various other religions as it evolved to it's present state (especially Christianity). For example, mythology is full of tales of gods impregnating mortal women.
 RockingPrairieWoman
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 9:20:12 PM
Maybe it would be simpler if we all watched Deliverance again-----if you're hearing banjo's while your dating.....um you're probably too close
 RockingPrairieWoman
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2009 9:04:38 PM
So Kharma, what is YOUR connection to the Interlake and/or Transcona....

Your comments are um...quite regionally selective
 sparxarebad
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/25/2009 4:28:38 AM

But yet we have royal family's that in-breed?/quote]

Are you saying you are royalty... cause if you are ;)...

I dated this wonderful young lady, beautiful, independent and I thought smart until I she cheated on me with her first cousin!

d'oh!
 maybe301
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/25/2009 2:18:16 PM
Oooh is this Celtic????
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > When is it Not "In-Breeding", 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cousins???