Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Landra
Msg: 3
Another Singles Awareness Day.... Feb 14thPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
How about spending it with your child?
 previouslyme
Msg: 12
Another Singles Awareness Day.... Feb 14th
Posted: 2/6/2009 1:05:52 AM
I like getting my fave valentines day candy and not worrying about eating more than my half. It is just another day. People don't realize they should show their love and carring every day. Valentines day doesn't have to be personal...

Each holiday can make you feel more lonely than your average day. Look at yourself, what do you NEED a man in your life for? Then ask what you WANT a man in your life for. If you just NEED one to make you feel less lonely on a holiday, that is temporary. When you can get through a whole year without dreading a holiday alone, you will find out you are a much stronger person and more able to be an equal partner in a relationship.

Find someone to shower you goodness on for valentines day, a pediatric ward at a hospital, a nursing home, VA center, ... find one and ask them what you can do for them. I had a boss that adopted a school for the deaf, as a department we had a blast getting things together for them, we would go to graduations and they would come to our Christmas parties. Things like that. It was a great social experience for them and a very good learning experience for us.
 cfb62
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 5:15:50 AM
Valentines Day is so overrated.
I always prefer to make up special days when I'm with someone... like celebrating 1/2 Birthdays (6 months after your legit birthday.)
It will never cease to amaze me how people take Valentines Day so seriously.
 jmn120176
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 5:55:59 PM
Last V-day, I had a S. O. I bought her about 50 dollars worth of flowers, and in return, she wrote hateful, spiteful things about me on the card she had gotten for me. Good times!

This year, I'll be sitting at home, my wallet growing fatter. Hope there's something good on TV!
 jm0405
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/10/2009 3:57:28 AM
I suppose I don't get the drama on your post because you stated you had a husband that never celebrated Feb 14th. So now you are single/divorced and still not celebrating. What's the difference?

My ex never celebrated my birthday, Christmas, New Years or Valentine's Day. Being divorced 9 years I have today what I had with him - NOTHING. Same level of celebration - didn't gain anything, didn't lose anything. Being single never celebrating is better than looking stupid at work being the only married person with a husband that doesn't care.
 Okietokie88
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 4:43:06 PM
I've never had a Valentine but this year I'm probably going to make a fantastic meal,buy some ridiculously delicous beer and watch a ton of movies...maybe go out to an afterhours club to grab a drink or two but more than likely now that I'm typing it out I'll just stay home and wait for my B-Day....Yea day after V-day is my B-day,seems like I'm always a day late and a dollar short.Oh well at least all of us sing POF'ers have one anohter

Speaking of that,why don't I see more people trying to put some anite V-day ish together?I mean I'm sure everyone griping about V-day is living right next door to another POF'er who has the same complaints....Just seems like this time of year would bring more people together,bring'em together to NOT celibrate V-day.
 rioisk
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 8:10:30 AM
I didn't read everything you wrote, but I read a couple sentences.

Stop focusing on objective knowledge like Febuary the 14th. It's just like any other day, your just stuck to the idea that society that rammed into your skull. Stop flowing with the system and you will find an intelligent man.

Furthermore, you having a child and being 24 means your looking for someone to support your child. I am not specifically saying that that is an ultimately true statement, but that is the impression a lot of guys get when they see young mothers. You need to show in your profile that you are more geared to finding personal love and then opening it up to love for a family setting.

Guys who are mostly looking for a wife in the kitchen and a piece of property are mostly the guys you are saying are ***holes, and it seems like you invite them (not trying to insult you). Your pictures are really good you just need to tweak what you say in your profile like "I have a daughter, and she just turned three. She's my little lady... If thats a problem then you're looking the wrong way! ". Thats a very defensive statement and it turns a LOT of guys away.

I don't know, why two cents.
 Zepher z
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 6:10:18 PM
Valentines day is just a another created holiday for the stores to rake in the dough from us consumers, If you really love someone anytime can be a good time for flowers or candies why does it have to be a holiday?
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 6:20:12 PM
I spent Valentine's Day having people throw things at me ---- I was playing goalkeeper in a handball game.

We did win the game, though, and it was our league championship. I had a hell of a game, too. It was cool -- they gave out medals and trophies for the winners, and we got a bunch of team pictures taken. I may end up putting one of them up on my profile soon.

But tomorrow I have a first date with someone I met from another dating site. We'll see how that goes. She lives a bit far away -- about an hour drive -- but she seems very nice and we've chatted on the phone a few times.
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 11:23:14 PM

I'd take great pleasure in destroying the decorations and smashing a box of chocolates into the biggest mouthed, good looking jerk guy that I encounter.

Hey, now, let's not be rash. There's no reason to destroy perfectly good chocolate.
 Karl the Hermit
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2010 9:35:37 AM
I've spent almost every S.A.D. alone and no... it doesn't get any easier... not for me... I guess when you get a little older you start realizing that you just might be a big, ugly loser that nobody worthwile will ever want to be with... and then again...

I tend to think of it as a lack of talent on the ladies end of things... I know I'm quality... it's the lack of quality women I have to contend with...

Happy VD, all...
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2010 11:06:25 PM

There is, of course, nothing wrong with this, but why must it be on specific, pre-determined days of the year?

Because the guy who doesn't won't get laid until March.
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/16/2010 5:38:54 PM
You are in your 20s that is why you give a crap about Feb 14th. You get middle aged and/or older no big deal.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >