Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someon      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumologist
Msg: 76
Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someone fun? Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Fun Tall

It's guys like you that provoke women to be the way you don't like us to be.

You forgot to mention you like stupid women. After all, based on your attitude every woman you date knows you will use her and dump her when she hits 40.

Hmm. I'm sure you will find women clever enough to figure you out who will act stupid and superficial to match your contempt and decide up front that you deserve to get taken. I expect some will outsmart you and use you worse than you use them though.

And then you will be back here crying about how all women, even the young ones, use you.

Women are not as stupid as you think. We can tell when you have contempt for us. Many will play up to it to get what they want.

Ha ha, two lone pirannahs with noting to bite on but each other.

Boo hoo.
 Countryheart42
Msg: 77
Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someone fun?
Posted: 2/28/2009 11:46:20 PM
Wow,
I am not sure but most guy's who think they can fool women by puting on tight shirts and acting like a fool are not fooling anyone. If he is a true man on the inside and at piece with himself he will like you for who you are not for being something "age" he is not.

It is not our job to keep a man young if he can not do it himself. He should be secure enough to treat her like she is 30 even at 80 because believe me he is going to be their some day.. or not if he is that shallow. LOL LOL LOL
 chriscomunicato
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/1/2009 1:43:23 AM
Fun Tall- you cracked me up.... although I completely disagree with your view.

I am recently experiencing the fun and pleasure of a 40 year old woman, though she is in no position to begin a serious relationship with me, by her choice not mine, I find her to to be very sexy, her experience and independence is a turn on, smart girls know exactly what to do and how to do it and also full of stimulating conversation. I find that she has a much better idea of who she is and what she wants or doesn't want should I say. I also find that they are less needy or clingy than the younger ladies, not all of course. And also how I make her feel like a sexy woman and see it in her eyes always makes my day!
 mlt71
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/1/2009 8:52:50 PM
give up the ass more]you will always keep a man
 NM0528
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 5:44:21 AM
Hi CalendarQueen,

I believe in the saying "you are is what you think." So, maybe you want to go inside yourself and examine what you think about yourself. Are you worried about your age? I am going to be 40 and no one believes I am that age. I have to say that the more years I have in my life, the better and younger I feel about myself. Just concentrate on what you want in life and have fun with it! Take care.
 janb40
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 8:53:15 PM
Hey wait a minute.....

I just turned 69 yrs old. I was married 45 years until my husband died. I met a man on the internet, fell in love and was married at age 66yrs old.

I have had guys in their 40's, 50's and 60's wanting to date me. I refuse to go with anyone that is under 59 because I have one child 49 years old and would not want to go with anyone my children's age.

Let me tell you it is not your age they are concerned about however it is a good excuse to use if they are not interested. They want someone they can be attracted to with a positive attitude and enjoys doing some of the things they are interested in. Most men are interested in a long term relationship where they can get to know you. The sexual encounters are really not expected until they feel comfortable with who you are and who they are.

If you want to find a man that may end in marriage, change your attitude it is possible and there are great guys on here. If you want casual dating, look for the profiles that state that and don't expect the one's who want a long term relationship to just date or someone will get hurt. If you are on the net to have fun, you better know what you are looking for or you could get some weirdo and more than you bargained for.

Janice
 Angel_n_Disguise
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 3:08:11 PM
Fun_Tall~ ... your username reflects a bit of denial on your end.
Okay, let's think of this as a form of therapy...(to remain in your comfort zone, sit in the same chair you've been in since 2005, and yes, you can hold your best friend, Mr. laptop, ...before we move further to try and "FIX" you, please put the heads back on your sisters barbie dolls...this is not healthy behavior...
Good, now stay calm and just breathe...close your eyes and just relaaaax...) verrry good,
as I count to three you will be in my safety net...

1, 2, ...3!~...(NOTES: fun_tall doesn't appear so fun or tall at the moment, ewwwwww...he's drooling and murmuring something about his TRUE LUST for mature women in their 40's, he wants to sniff their panties and later wear them...clearing my throat, got a real fruit loop here...ALMOST SAD.)

You are in your comfort zone, a place where you like to think of yourself as FUN &TALL. You know that special place where you are "the king of the hill!???"

What's that song you're singing, seems I have heard it before?...(MORE NOTES: client vocals are scratchy as he attempts to sing, "I am Woman, Hear me Roar!!!"...NOTE TO SELF: GET A NEW CAREER!!!)...moving on...arrrrgh...

This is a verrry good visual you have of yourself, now let's just zoom in a bit and try to better understand the ways you consider yourself to be fun:
a) You are entertaining BOTH genders of all ages while gaining attention as you are the focus of their laughter...You are angry at them for being sooooo mean to laugh AT YOU & NOT WITH YOU...,go ahead, baby, let the tears flow, tears are a beginning towards the healing process : ...

(NOTES: UNABLE TO LIST ANYTHING REMOTELY FUN ABOUT HIMSELF, poor guy is hopeless. Only hobby noticed is a RED SPORTS CAR PILLOW...cannot resist and BOPPING HIM FOR ALL YOU GUYS!!!...HE IS FUN!!! LOL...BAM! BAM! BOP! WHEW! Gotta get a grip here, having too much fun on the job...snickering/giggling I'm unable to control...)

Okay, let's move on...you like to think of yourself as TALL...do you think this would also apply to you that you are DARK & HANDSOME??? ...WOULD THAT EXPLAIN WHY YOU ARE WEARING THOSE STILLETTOS ON YOUR HOOFS???...TO LOOK AND FEEL TALLER???

(NOTES: Reply is muffled...cannot understand fully, almost sounded like he said, "he likes to wear the wig extensions and women's attire snuggly hidden in his closet...perhaps for receeded hairline and to get in touch with his feminine side he claims he has.
Shoes...color and heel are attractive, unable to find anything physically attractive, even remotely...wait...HE IS SECRETLY A DRAG QUEEN!!! Pics of himself on his nightstand almost look like GRANNY MOSES...LOL...DUDE! You clean up nicely as a FEMALE IMPERSONATOR ALMOST!!!)

..session timing is almost up...when I count to three you will wake and APOLOGIZE TO ALL THAT YOU HAVE SO RUDELY OFFENDED WHILE HAVING YOUR MELTDOWN EPISODES!!! IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH, I WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR OTHER TOYS IN THE CLOSET AND THAT BLOW UP DOLL...

NOW! 1, 2, ...3!!!~...PLEASE ADMIT YOURSELF TO THE NEAREST FACILITY, just dial 911 or I will have no choice but to have you picked up. Giving you ample time to go back where you belong...you can have all the meds once you are back in LOCKDOWN!
(NOTES: NO HELP FOR HIM, CLEARLY HE IS JUST SUCKING UP FRESH CLEAN AIR THAT IS UNDESERVING. He fails to admit the underlying issues with his mommy.)

Angel_n_Disguise
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 3:57:17 PM
OH! OOOOPS!!! This post was iniated by you, Calendar Queen and not that drag queen Fun_Tall, seemed he needed more help than you. I think your post caused his last meltdown episode.

I am not speaking from experience, but have heard of this happening. If they haven't already collected fundamentalsand and honestly cared enough to know these answers before the first date, you may want to ponder "WHY" they are interested in you in the 1st place to even take you out...for some, it doesn't take much to qualify, you simply need a vagina...some, not all men.

Being selective while doing your homework before a 1st date or so, also applies to you, as this will help sort quality men of high character from the ones lacking in this aspect.

IF there is a slight chance, you've been stressed regarding the number of your years on this earth, then learn to accept the aging process gracefully and flaunt your better side. AGE IS A MINDSET, NOTHING BUT A NUMBER! Personally, I enjoy walking the beach in a two piece bikini with teeney boppers flaunting their bodies, I take care of myself and not at all insecure about the fact that I am 43 years YOUNG!~
(2nd takes from guys are flattering, but I like to also leave a bit to the imagination, never show the entire gifted package...lol...another forum)

IF asked your age to be told again, the guy may be taken back by how well you've taken such good care of you...be positive, he's just asking a question. Take this opportunity to hold your breasts up high and admit with a strong secure mindset and voice. If this is a genuine man that is not so much interested in a number, but instead, all that you have to offer, (...and lots of mutual chemistry, etc.), it will be such a simple process~ the natural process.

Best to you as you find a man that appreciates you for who you are and *NOT WHAT YOU ARE. (e.g. age, bra size, u get the meaning...) Please appreciate the years you've been granted and shine in your best years. Use your power!...lol...never give it up on thr 1st couple of dates. Keep up the challenge, not headgames.

P.S. On the otherhand, if the guy is a loser, add on about 10 yrs. or so...and sneak in the ladies room to blacken a front tooth with an eyeliner pencil...this will deter him from trying to sneak in a kiss goddnight when departing ways from the long evening.
 whatagirlwants9
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/3/2009 6:11:06 PM
I can too relate to Fun_Tall.....I tend to be attracted to the same age range 30 to 40 ...leaning more toward early 30's. ......It's sad that people in their 40's tend to let themselves go.... I'm 43 and have more energy than I did in my 20's, more confident and secure .
 Goulie11
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:51:07 PM
All I can say is keep an optomistic and positive attitude. If you want to attract someone fun then you have to be fun. I don't see what the number 40 has anything to do with being fun or desireable to others. Unfortunately to some people, 40 is not just a number.
 lerixon
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/4/2009 8:49:57 AM
Thats a very interesting view. It states in your profile you are a compassionate person...which is a very good quality. I know a quote Id like to share....
"There never was any heart truly great and generous, that was not also tender and compassionate." South.
I just wonder if you feel your "true heart" is reflected in the way you would want.... by your words in this forum?
 lerixon
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/4/2009 8:52:03 AM
my previous message was meant for fun tall...
 OldDesertRat
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/5/2009 9:06:46 AM
I find it humorous that women who are so obsessed with their own age, are so concerned that they can't attract someone fun. It has nothing to do with age ladies, it is your attitude. I have dated women older and also, much younger. I enjoy a woman who is comfortable with herself, not worried that she is being passed by, or focusing on all the crap she has picked up from other relationships. If dating a younger guy makes you feel good, go for it. Just realize that they haven't necessarily experienced the bad relationships that you have, and really don't want to pay for it. Same goes for dating older guys, we have been there and are not looking to get back into the same old thing again. Refrain from talking about old relationships and lose the bitterness. You, and you new friend, will be much happier.
 islandbluesoul
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/5/2009 8:33:05 PM
I find that at age 41, I'm in my prime. However, it is difficult to find someone mature and fun and that I'm attracted to. Alot of men my age are either bitter, or players. I'm sure there are plenty of good ones out there that I just haven't met yet. Alot of guys do fun stuff but aren't fun. Good conversational skills, intelligence, aventurous spirit, and fun company seem hard to come by.
In my 30s I was mostly approached by men in their 20s that were still maturing and finding themselves. Now, I get approaced by men that are very conservative and/or bitter. I'm hoping for someone who is happy with themselves and their lives, knows who they are, and knows how to have fun.
 good guy75
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/1/2009 12:34:20 PM
its different for you.you know that lady doesnt look like you.come on now.
 Cyryl_Whynr
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/1/2009 5:09:24 PM
Is this a stealth younger man thread? So I guess the question is how to retain the interest of a younger and (supposedly) more youthful/fun/energetic man.

Cocoa Puffs and Gummy Bears in chocolate milk. Mmmm.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:08:40 PM

I have experienced this many many times....I meet someone we have great conversation and then near the end of the night the age question arises...

Well at least you know what the problem is, I get promises and never see or hear from them again.
 GQSunset
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/1/2009 8:02:36 PM
Finding someone fun over 40 is easy just make sure his goals do not involve having children or getting married. Simply put fun is all there is at or over 40. So it's about wether the men you are meeting have other goals in mind. At this age there has to be a real goal to look forward to when having a relationship with someone other than kids and marriage or there is nothing to look forward to but companionship and that people can get from their pets.
 cinnamonchips
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/1/2009 8:50:00 PM
I wrote a post about being 42.....and it's funny how many people NEVER had age be an issue. Yes, men are hung up on age.....especially the ones that are in their forties. The guys are dealing with their own reality of being in their forties and what to feel young again, and younger women are a trophy for their forty year old friends. Men get desperate too, and they can be really too serious. For me, I want to have fun, laugh, if something relationship wise happens that's great. No, I'm not looking for a f.b., but a situation like we were younger, you see what happens, no heavy expectations, you enjoy eachothers company.
 alinux
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/2/2009 8:56:57 PM
umm ...date older men silly ....lol ..... but its personal preference is'nt it? and most (normal?) ppl prefer there age group .. not me tho,
OLDER equals waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better! (the un-norm?)

but that's nice you don't tend to lie ...and think (there loss!)
 hungry_joe
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 6:27:38 PM
Cinnomonchips, You're an attractive woman. But that will only get you so far. Your proflie was a bit scattered and very hard to read. If you can't come across in you text you'll fail in what you're looking for: i.e. you'll get guys for the hook-up vs. something more meaningful. The toe ring thing for 10 years was a bit gross. Do yourself a favor and delete that.

Now I'm in my thirties and would consider dating a woman in her 40's. My hang-up is biological in nature, I would like to have the option to have more childern if my woman and I choose. Yet, with a fun, happy, secure woman, that I have common interests with I could overlook that. The problem isn't your age, or your looks, it is how you come across. You should try a profile review see if that helps.
 zapped
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/7/2009 8:54:10 AM
asking your age over and over again is somewhat rude, shallow and immature.
Keep dating you will find your own match someday.
Try to put extra humour when a man asked of your age say like a "sizzling 40" or a "solid as a rock bottom 40" or a "top 40 cougar" whatever anything funny....you will see what else a man can say.Who knows they will find it funny.Be confident of your age

kiddin aside....dont take it personally....just be glad that youve dated those idiots at least you know who they are.
 Blue Jeans 207
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2009 7:07:34 AM
Okay, don't laugh, but I don't know how to reply (?) in the right place. I've never done chats and forum and stuff.

I stopped telling my age because I noticed people (dates, friends, co-workers, store clerks, etc.) would change the way they acted toward me when they found out I was older than they thought. (this has been happening since I was 13yrs old)

As I got older, it got to a point where I started saying I'm over 30 or over 35.

Most guys would keep coming back to the subject during the conversation and even days later. (even after they knew my children’s ages which should give them an idea…hello) I would give them a general idea, and let them know that it is not a secret, but something they will find out if they are around me a little while.

This online thing is new & different esp because everyone will already know my age! before they even speak! And I don’t even know who all knows! And are discriminating against me! Heeeyy! no fair

[When I see the 40+ guys looking for the 25 year olds I have to laugh, I know very few 25 year olds that would never even think about dating a man over 30 let alone over 40. I personally dont look at age, I look at personality and ability to keep up with me. If someone can't handle the fact that I am 40 it is their problem]

Go ‘head girl!
When I was 25, a 30 yo was old and 40 was ancient to me.
When I was in my 30's I wanted to be 40 because all the ladies were saying that's when the fun begins!
 pussinboots11
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 8:48:46 PM
I think a woman should stay young and playful at heart. They should work on having a sense of humor cause people like to laugh and be happy. Bring out your inner child.
 artist_48
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/16/2009 9:28:21 PM
Oh, I don't know- I'll let you be the judge. Here is what I do on a consistent (daily) basis for fun:
running, hiking, horsebackriding, learning to play polo, water sports/ activities, learned to shoot a bow this past Fall, repelling, parasailing, traveling, skiing (both), fishing, photography, art, music, literature, dancing, etc., etc., etc.
Learning to snowboard this Winter.

I am always looking for something new to do, and I find it and have fun with it.

The guy running around in here absolutely doesn't get what the 40's are like, but to each his own. It's just like being in your 20's (or should be), with more emotional maturity and the finances to have fun with, as well as the time to enjoy it. It's all good!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Once a woman hits 40 what can she do to help herself w/finding someone fun?