Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > Why do men put pictures on the profiles with no shirts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vindal
Msg: 3
Why do men put pictures on the profiles with no shirts?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think I am going to do a down the shirt cleavage shot now. First gotta get some implants though.
 LoudSilence
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Why do men put pictures on the profiles with no shirts?
Posted: 1/21/2010 12:13:08 PM
Right, a headless torso, every thing we were dreaming of...
 LoudSilence
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 3:43:35 PM
Laughers loudly laughing...
Would be Johnny Depp for me.. Including the face..
 jrbickers123
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 12:08:42 PM
to quote LoudSilence "Right, a headless torso, every thing we were dreaming of..."

actually yeah, I love greek/roman art. Just think of people who put theirs on their profiles as the cheap knock off artists :P
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/18/2010 11:38:08 AM
Because they want you to see that they are physically desireable. I laugh my butt off every time I see a female profile where the person in question puts "Must not be looking for intimate encounter," on the profile, yet she has a dozen pictures that show only her cleavage.
 imthebomdotcom
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:26:56 AM
Why are all the females here acting so offended by the shirtless men? If you don't like it, don't look at it ... and stop pretending that us girls are not visual ... the cat's out of the bag ladies, they know some of us like it :)
I'm guessing that by narrowing your search and dating within your age group before you know it presto, every man in every profile will be covered in a shirt! Problem solved.
I'm in my early 40's and would like to thank all you yummy guys for putting a smile on my face - don't stop!
 simpliciter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2011 12:40:01 PM
Cause we don't have boobs to cover up? Well, okay some men do haha.
 MissyIkie
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/2/2011 9:13:10 PM
I can only speak for myself here, but my opinion is men are visual, women are more emotional. Women know how to get a man's attention because we know where his mind goes 20 times a day. Thus, the cleavage. Men are stimulated by the female body. Women are stimulate by kind words, kind actions and attention. The only thing I want to see in a man's profile and pics are common interests, a smile and intelligent eyes. I'm not turned on by the male form, unless it is someone tanned and worthy of a centerfold. Even then I glance with admiration, not interest. I'm turned on by the way a man looks at me, cares about me, shows concern and interest and wants to spend time with me.

So a man with a pic with his shirt off? He's fishing with the wrong bait.
 tanzygirl
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2011 8:15:15 PM
I think it depends on the whole package. A pic at the beach or lake showing a nice bod is easy on the eyes. However, a**** "about me" section with the hulk poses in front of the bathroom mirror is often a turn off. I think both women showing lots of cleavage and guys standing half naked shouts provacative suggestions.....now I'm off to double check my profile pics, LOL
 shankalicious
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/21/2011 12:20:11 AM
why do guys talk to each other in the bathroom and show each other their junk? prob cos they are gay.
 chavycha
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/27/2011 5:35:52 PM

"why do guys talk to each other in the bathroom and show each other their junk? prob cos they are gay. "

Nah, it's because if you do that to a woman, you go to jail. In the bathroom with another dude, eh, that's just good, clean male bonding time.
 unspoiled
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2011 11:43:39 AM
How funny. Even though mammary glands are not sex organs, this culture somehow relates the masses of adipose tissue with sexuality as opposed to a man's chest. I'd be more concerned with women flaunting their stuff than what men are doing as far as what is shown above the waist. I, myself am not impressed by seeing breasts. If the woman wants to show as much of them as possible, I figure she thinks she is sexy because of them and would likely have a bad attitude in thinking she can garnish the attention of men with them to fulfill her psychological need. They're roadblocks to the more important parts.
 Home_Skillet_42
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/8/2011 11:08:52 PM
Is this a serious question or are you just trying to be ignorant?

The basis for dating sites (or social networking with purpose, as I like to call them), is self-expression. If someone wants post a picture with a socially acceptable amount of skin showing, to express that diet and exercise is important to them, and that they have the dedication, mental strength, and discipline that it takes to maintain a lean, toned torso, it should be their choice to do so without ignorant comments from fat people that are resentful of their accomplishments. Self-expression is a means to identify like mindedness. Ignorance seeks to constrain self-expression.

If you don't like it, don't message the individual. Don't start a forum to passive-aggressively address an issue that is rooted in your own ignorance and inadequacy.

Thanks!
 bdogindahous
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/22/2011 3:17:01 PM
Actually the beer gut is the new urban camouflage.
Oh what's that word I am thinking offfff... !! confidence !!
If a man can take a picture of his beer gut or naked torso then maybe they feel they are conveying the needed confidence for women to want them!! On the flip side, women show cleavage to attract the man because apparently man is stupid and all he thinks about is sex. To me, showing cleavage shows the person is desperate.

Have a splendid day
gone
 **** Phoenix ****
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2011 4:41:42 PM
Dear kbodly,
Why do all you women insist on taking pictures with your shirts on ?????
 EyesUWant
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/4/2012 12:35:41 AM
I like a nice hard chest and rippled abs. Writing a profile and listing it is all about selling yourself. They are just using different advertising techniques then you are. If it doesnt interest you dont talk to them. As for the men with the beer bellies.... I love you confidence.
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 5:48:01 AM
Some men went through a divorce and lost the shirt off of their back, so they have to take a picture without one. My cousin and I were joking about one should never date a person that drives a minivan as you know they lost their divorce, gotta love it.

Who knows maybe shirtless pics turn some ladies on, (the ones that go to WalMart in their PJs)? We live in a visual world and if the bathroom self-portrait works, people will continue to use.

Will
 Fandango
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:50:31 PM
Statistically they get more replies.
There is an article on okc about it.
Then guys test that out (good looking ones anyway) and say it is true.
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/22/2012 1:04:01 AM
Women sure worry about a lotta stuff.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/18/2012 8:46:22 PM
Ok I dont ever go shirtless unless I am in the shower. I know I have a tummy and not so well defined pecs so i dont go shirtless, but in all fairness if you are asking why men go shirtless, why do women take pictures in tight clothes or with tons of cleavage showing
 Misguided1
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/19/2012 2:23:46 AM
To the OP: Be thankful that they're not posting pictures of their wieners... cause they would if possible.
 fagalagadingdong
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/15/2012 12:09:13 AM
Because I am beautiful.
 boomtiki
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 4:14:31 PM
Duh they wanna be a celeberity like mr****on tv who had to step down from his popularity.
 carguy999
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/18/2012 11:28:38 AM
I put mine up to attract attention to my profile, not me. I think it has helped get women to check out my profile. Besides I was on a beach in Cancun for gods sake, would you be wearing a shirt? LOL By the way......it works..... way more responses with shirtless pic as my main photo, and I believe the ones who are contacting me are doing so because of my profile not the picture. Tons of profiles out there, what are you doing to get someone to click on your profile. Just saying, the ends justifies the means. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > Why do men put pictures on the profiles with no shirts?