Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > Why do men put pictures on the profiles with no shirts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EyesUWant
Msg: 19
Why do men put pictures on the profiles with no shirts?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I like a nice hard chest and rippled abs. Writing a profile and listing it is all about selling yourself. They are just using different advertising techniques then you are. If it doesnt interest you dont talk to them. As for the men with the beer bellies.... I love you confidence.
 Karma_Kid
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Why do men put pictures on the profiles with no shirts?
Posted: 2/5/2012 5:48:01 AM
Some men went through a divorce and lost the shirt off of their back, so they have to take a picture without one. My cousin and I were joking about one should never date a person that drives a minivan as you know they lost their divorce, gotta love it.

Who knows maybe shirtless pics turn some ladies on, (the ones that go to WalMart in their PJs)? We live in a visual world and if the bathroom self-portrait works, people will continue to use.

Will
 Fandango
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:50:31 PM
Statistically they get more replies.
There is an article on okc about it.
Then guys test that out (good looking ones anyway) and say it is true.
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/22/2012 1:04:01 AM
Women sure worry about a lotta stuff.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/18/2012 8:46:22 PM
Ok I dont ever go shirtless unless I am in the shower. I know I have a tummy and not so well defined pecs so i dont go shirtless, but in all fairness if you are asking why men go shirtless, why do women take pictures in tight clothes or with tons of cleavage showing
 Misguided1
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/19/2012 2:23:46 AM
To the OP: Be thankful that they're not posting pictures of their wieners... cause they would if possible.
 fagalagadingdong
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/15/2012 12:09:13 AM
Because I am beautiful.
 boomtiki
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 4:14:31 PM
Duh they wanna be a celeberity like mr****on tv who had to step down from his popularity.
 carguy999
Msg: 27
Posted: 7/18/2012 11:28:38 AM
I put mine up to attract attention to my profile, not me. I think it has helped get women to check out my profile. Besides I was on a beach in Cancun for gods sake, would you be wearing a shirt? LOL By the way......it works..... way more responses with shirtless pic as my main photo, and I believe the ones who are contacting me are doing so because of my profile not the picture. Tons of profiles out there, what are you doing to get someone to click on your profile. Just saying, the ends justifies the means. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > Why do men put pictures on the profiles with no shirts?