Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Taztiger72
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Religion versus Atheism.Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hold on here Atheism is a Religious Belief and has a platform so it is a Religion - devoid of a Creator.

Atheism - No God Figure - No Heaven / Hell - we are just here.

Nihilism - Atheism is not far enough - No Reason for anything - no law

Agnostic - Someone who holds no opinion or beliefs whatsoever

People get Agnostic confused with Atheism

The first written about Atheists were the Greek Philosophers in the BC Times - advocating against the Polytheistic System that was in place and didn't warrant anything useful just ritual. Socrates was an Atheist.

The Reason Atheism can't get it's way with the Government is this FACT the US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT considers it the same as any other religion and if Atheism tried to get all it wanted - then it would be a conflict between Church and State - Sorry guys - you should know this already.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Religion versus Atheism.
Posted: 2/17/2010 12:31:10 AM

You might as well say any belief system is a religion in that case.

No, but anything to do with the unanswerable question is.

Likewise your example of the conflict between church and state for atheism in the US is just nonsense.

The US will never be 100% anything - it will be as it is and wants to be.
 susan_cd
Msg: 185
Religion versus Atheism.
Posted: 2/17/2010 10:44:17 AM
The problem with debating these types of things ( religion VS atheism, evolution VS creationism, science VS faith) is that most often the people debating on the religion side of the question want the debate to proceed with both sides accepting the Bible is a factual historical book, isn't to be questioned, and continuing from that premise.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Religion versus Atheism.
Posted: 2/17/2010 9:11:52 PM

the people debating on the religion side of the question want the debate to proceed with both sides accepting the Bible is a factual historical book, isn't to be questioned, and continuing from that premise.

Say what? Don't lump all Christians into the Evangelical World - My Christian Group as many others believes in Science, Evolution, Life on other planets - we just chose to believe there is a creator which is Faith - and no even we can't show you - you have to make your own mind on that. In Fact My Christian Group knows and acknowledges that the Book of Genesis is an Allegory. As far as I am concerned if you say that all Christians are Faith Based Bible Thumping Creationists - then you have absolutely no nothing of the Religion - you assume. Sorry that's the way it is.
 susan_cd
Msg: 187
Religion versus Atheism.
Posted: 2/17/2010 9:28:34 PM

Say what? Don't lump all Christians into the Evangelical World -

I said most often, not always. Most Christians wouldn't even debate the point once they knew the other person wasn't interested, they merely wish them well & move on. It's the ones (that want the Bible brought into the science class, schools etc, ) that want public debates & want to arrange the rules of the debate to their specifications.

I know all Christians aren't Ctholics, but the Pope has stated that there's nothing wrong with the study of evolution & the big bang & what occured after the big bang... he said what happened before the big bang is another story...

And there's nothing in the theory of evolution that says there was no creator, it's just the small vocal groups that want the book of Genesis taken as a factual account of what happend that are so vehemently opposed to the teachin of evolution.
 Taztiger72
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Religion versus Atheism.
Posted: 2/17/2010 9:40:31 PM

I know all Christians aren't Ctholics, but the Pope has stated that there's nothing wrong with the study of evolution & the big bang & what occured after the big bang... he said what happened before the big bang is another story...

I'm not of that group - but even they accept Science and Open Minded towards Evangelicals

Evangelicals - the Modern Day Puritans - they are crazy - and belong back in the Past - but more and more people are drawn to them - this country is going to hell...
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >