Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > 50+ Guys With Motorcycles?? What do women do?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kbodley
Msg: 1
view profile
History
50+ Guys With Motorcycles?? What do women do?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I have noticed that many, many, of the profiles I read of guys over 50 show them with their motorcycles! Harleys, Honda Gold Wings, etc. etc. Big, beautiful motorcycles shined up all nice and pretty! I find myself wondering whether or not they have always had a passion for motorcycles and have just worked their way up from tote goats and dirt bikes to these $20,000 (??) ego fulfilling machines!

Now, please! Before all you guys blast away, let me assure you that if motorcycles float your boat, more power to you! Not being a motorcycle fan, I can't see the attraction, but that doesn't mean I'm being critical.

The question, since I feel I should actually get to it, is this - If men buy big, honkin, motorcycles, what do women buy?

(It just seems that there must be an equivalent, but I can't come up with it!)
 kbodley
Msg: 2
view profile
History
50+ Guys With Motorcycles?? What do women do?
Posted: 2/7/2009 12:13:40 PM
I thought of shoes, but am wondering if that counts! After all, even at my most irresponsible shoe shopping event, I would be hard pressed to equal the cost of even one Harley!
 kbodley
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 2:13:18 PM
Okay, King, I'll accept that, but - I can't help but point out that I have never once put in a profile that I need a guy who will go try on shoes with me! Note the number of guys who want women who will go cruisin' with them on their bikes compared with the women who ask for guys who will go shoe shopping and/or share a pedicure!
 kbodley
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 3:45:37 PM
Oh, Yao! Spoken just like a man who has never experienced the thrill of getting the perfect pair of shoes on sale at more than 50% off!

Shoes also offer the added advantage of not needing special insurance, helmets, and leathers (well maybe leathers) in order to be enjoyed!

Also, no one has ever lost their life in a shoe accident!

Just a couple of pertinent points! (Can you tell I'm not a motorcycle person?)
 kbodley
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 4:47:23 PM
Please stop! I have to look at this and assume that this insurance must be for people who have special orthopedic shoes that cost thousands! Tell me please that there isn't a company that was founded on the basis of insuring Emelda Marcos' shoe collection!

As for me, I admit to an affinity for crocs! (But would never wear them to the office or out on a date! I know! I know! Harkens back to the 50's, 60's, and 70's when all us girls were running around in 6 inch spike heels and platforms which accounts for the number of us with foot problems today!)
 Rythmn
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 12:16:59 PM
what do we do? we get on the back and ride!
 Jupiter Rising
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2009 2:20:17 AM
I was always one of these "U know they should just call them "Murdercycles" - until, now, in my '50's, I want one.

Nothing big: Maybe a 250cc Honda or something. To ride around on weekends and possibly for work back and forth.
 kbodley
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:26:46 PM
Okay, since I started this thread, I think I will see if I can take it off in a slightly different direction!

If a guy (or I suppose gal for that matter) has indicated a love for motorcycles on their profile, would that be a reason not to contact them - assuming that motorcycles are not your thing????

I would be more than willing to meet a guy at the end of his ride with open arms, a cold bottle of beer (or wine), and a well cooked steak - but just don't do motorcycles. So, what's the vote guys? I would really like to hear feedback from you 'hog' ridin' dudes!
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/18/2010 12:40:02 AM
"I think men would say women buy shoes."

This is not a gender thing. I have lost count of how many female profiles I have seen on Pof where the women are posing in their pics with their own Harleys or saying that they are looking for a guy who owns one.
I got over my motorcycle fascination when I was in my twenties. I quickly got tired of getting covered with smashed bugs and damned near getting killed by semi drivers who do not see me. I will stick to my little truck and the women with Harley fetishes can just keep looking. Lol.
 Captain_Wayne
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/7/2011 4:50:46 PM
You should see all the profiles of women who say that they are only interested in a man with a Harley.
 Niteseer
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2011 3:50:47 AM

The question, since I feel I should actually get to it, is this - If men buy big, honkin, motorcycles, what do women buy?

(It just seems that there must be an equivalent, but I can't come up with it!)

Horses

There's a horse pic in every 3rd profile LOL

Jimmy_Hoffa
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2011 12:13:13 PM
Ahhh, the last post beet me to it; HORSES!
I grew up around women who rode horses. My mother and her sister always were buying horses and saddles and horse trailers, ect. Now my 2 female cousins both buy and sell horses constantly, my aunt will go out and buy a $15,000 show horse for my cousin, "just because".

I'm only 33YO, but I ride a harley. I started WAY back when I was maybe 4YO, on a doodle-bug, little bike with a 3hp lawn mower engine. I learned to ride that before I could ride a bicycle. Moved up to a Yamaha 80cc, then a meaner yamaha 80cc, then a 250cc and so on. Now I got a Harley. It's kinda a way of life, I guess.
 unspoiled
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2011 12:07:19 PM
If you have the money, I suppose you are the boss in how you spend it, but many people are not wise in their spending behavior and might buy a motorcycle or lots of shoes or clothes while NOT being so well-off to have loads of money left over. These such people have a huge pool of potential mates to choose from so I wouldn't be concerned about them. Financial irresponsibility is the norm in the USA.

It's those who are wise with money who will have trouble finding mates, most particularly if it's the man who possess this critical trait.
 bdogindahous
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/22/2011 3:48:51 PM
My mother met a man on POF that had a picture of him on his bike. He proposed after 1 week and they were married 3 months later. The man makes my skin crawl, and it seems like every time I go to her house I am in competition with him. Whatever, I don't really care, but he has talked my mother into double knee surgery because her 68 year old knees can't handle the long rides on the motorcycle. I feel so helpless. I try to let my mother know how I feel, but he ... I don't want to give up on my mother :(
Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > 50+ Guys With Motorcycles?? What do women do?