Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14th      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 terry40
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14thPage 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
i was wondering that, when i can mass email, does it go out there or within my zip code?
 alpinebryon
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14th
Posted: 4/18/2009 2:25:58 AM
It go's out there where the float is.Thats why I change the zip code to fenton or my oun so I can reach more people that way. later on you can still send a mass e-mail out to the people that haved signed up
 previouslyme
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/18/2009 7:27:57 AM
The mass mail went to Illinois, so I think your circle might still be bigger than it says!
 alpinebryon
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2009 7:50:30 AM
Thats good the bigger the area the better .Better chance to have a lot more people that might want to check it out
 couldbe35
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/18/2009 3:15:45 PM
Sounds like fun, I have to check on some things but will try to make it.
 terry40
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2009 3:51:27 PM
The more the merrier, we only have few right now, but i bet alot will show up. just a reminder, if your looking to get a cabin, kayak or a raft, they should reserve early, those's go fast
 alpinebryon
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 12:13:17 PM
Damn Terry am I getting all kinds of request's for more information on the float just today I answered 10 people's mail about this trip.I have a strong feeling that this is going to be one hell of a float.
SYOTR Bryon
 terry40
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 2:40:43 PM
No one ask me anything and i'm the host
I had a feeling it would be poplar, Its a great place and caters' to most ppl needs, camping, rv's or cabins. Sounds like its gonna be a PARTY
 alpinebryon
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2009 12:45:28 PM
ALL RIGHT TERRY.17 HAS SIGNED UP SO FAR COOL.PLUS I KNOW THAT 4 MORE HAVE SAID THAT THEY ARE COMING BUT HAVE NOT SIGNED UP. AND ONE GUY SAID THAT HE WILL TRY TO COME(SA HE SAID THE BALL AND CHAIN WILL LET HIM)
 terry40
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2009 2:36:11 PM
Getting there, i need 3 more to sign up and i can send out a mass email. But it shows up on events on my mail page, so i figure alot see now anyway. How many have actually called in and got a camping
 wildone43
Msg: 86
Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah
Posted: 4/29/2009 7:43:02 PM
hello mate am going no doubt about it see you there is there any one else from the other float going on this one will try to get peepers to go also
 terry40
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:52:03 AM
One more and can send out the mass email
 alpinebryon
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:13:30 AM
Hey Terry you got your 20.But do you want to hear the bad news from me or when you try to send a mass e-mail.Being your co-host you was saying earlyer in the thread that you needed 20 people to sign up first before you could send out a mass email.So being a host of more than 3 events I could do it for you.And I did about three weeks ago I sent out your mass email.I am sorry mate I should have waited till you had 20 signed up and let you do it .Thats why everyone has been emailing me instead of you.But later on you still can send out a email to everyone that haved signed up.But if you want I can send it out for you since I have over 100 people that have been to my floats in the past and those who signed up but never came.are all on my mailing list.But if you want you can still email everyone that haved signed up.Agian I am sorry mate.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 89
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:31:25 AM
Mass mails go out to all who have signed up to the POSTERS previous parties...and...if you CHECK THE BOX for it, all who are signed up to receive info on local events.

You need 3 parties under your belt to get certain "priviledges" like mass mail before 20 are signed up (prevents a lot of puppet hosting and spam) and instant green (now blue!) links.

Changing the zip and longitude/latitude is actually AGAINST RULES. It needs to be set where the event is held. They say it is sent out to something like 10 km's from the zip...but I think they go further cause I have gotten some pretty far off ones! LOL

The Mass Mail (attendees only) is designed for CHANGES to the OP...like venue, location, cost, etc. It is not to remind folks...reminders are automatically sent out by POF to those signed up...not here on POF, but to their regular eaddresses. :) You can always find "some sort of reason" to send one...lol...wink, wink!

I will be adding the floats to my profile as well...but I am maxxed out on my profile (LMAO!) and can only fit so much. Gotta wait till the ones held sooner, are done. :)

The smart thing to do with this sort of thing, is "share mailings." Include one another's links in your mass mail. I did that recently....while I did not list EVERY event happening, I DID list the link to ALL LOCAL EVENTS. :O)

Sorry for the length of this one....lol...I am long winded at times! Hope to SYOTR...still undecided...a lot comes into play...equipment, money, a float partner, etc...
 terry40
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 9:30:42 AM
No biggie, was wondering why it said it was sent out already, but i figure you did bryon, but thats why i made ya the co host. The green link is showing up on my mail page so i figure anyone close will see it too, so kat i'm not worried about finding all the loop holes lol. Its out there for ppl to see. I know about all the things to get worked out for a float, main reason i set it up so far in advance and keep warning ppl to make arrangements for thier campsite and floating preference's.
And if LIFE dosnt get off my back i may only show up with a sleeping bag, a bag of bread and some really really cheap booze. lol
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/4/2009 9:58:02 AM
LOL Terry! I think it is BEST to set these sort of things up in advance! People have to have time to really PLAN for them...reservations, supplies, etc....whereas a regular party, a few weeks is sufficient!

I just adore the both of you for even doing it, period!

GIANT THANK YOU's!!!!
 terry40
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 11:22:14 AM
Thanks, just thought it be something different and fun
 alpinebryon
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 12:44:56 PM
I personaly love to do float trips.They are differant from the bar things.There is nothing like paddlen on the river all day and then sitting around the camp fire having a few cold ones chating with your friends and new friends watching the flame's and sparks dance to the sounds of nature.
 terry40
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2009 7:15:05 AM
amen to that
OK seriously, if you plan on going NOW is the time to start make plans, call and reserve your camping spot and float. I posted my reserve number on the first page so they know your with POF. Any problems or question just email me and i'll answer what i can. If your wanting a raft or cabins better reserve them soon, they rent out early, if not i have group area 5 reserved.
 terry40
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 9:47:30 AM
The house passed the bill on MO river ways, no beer bongs, jello shots or mardi graw beads. BUT dosnt go in effect until aug 28th 2009. So last summer for party'n on mo rivers lol. Also passed no texting in a car either.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 3:42:35 AM
IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU STOP AND PLAY.I'VED DONE 10 MILE'S IN 3 HOURS,BUT THEN IT HAS TAKEN ME 10 HOURS TO DO 15 MILES IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.ON THE HUZZAW YOU'LL BE FLOATING BACK TO THE CAMP GROUND SO YOU CAN TAKE AS MUCH TIME AS YOU WANT.(BUT REMEMBER THIS NO PUDDYS IN THE RAFTS)
 terry40
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:52:21 AM
Wow your dog does more then my last gf.
The rules on dogs: No loud radios, loud talking, barking dogs, or loud noises of any kind. If loud noise becomes a continual problem you will be ask to turn it off. All dogs must be kept on a leash and under control at all times. So if you follow the camps rules no problem(dont know how you turn off a dog? lol).
Like bryon said, depends on your pace but our float is just under 5miles or so. This is the only float or place we do a party float, usually figures in at about 6-8hrs. Alot of stopping, laughing, playing and swimming. If your not into partying and just want a quiet float they have an awesome meramac float from a place called the Bluffs, but it is 9miles. Did that one 2 yrs ago and it was beautiful, but very long.
When i do my fishing floats, 3 miles can take us 8-9hrs, but i hit every fishin and swimming hole.
 terry40
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:53:22 AM
P.S. thats why i set up a float, not really into the bar scene either lol
 alpinebryon
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 1:41:31 PM
I am bringing my own yak with me can't handle the SOT's(sit on tops)not that I can't paddle them I don't like how they track. I'm not sure witch paddle I am going to do but I am leaning to a longer one.they way I paddle I will catch up with the rafters if any are rafting.
 terry40
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 1:58:08 PM
We're bringing mine and my kayak trailer, maybe we can work something out with someone and save the shuttle fee. I can haul 8 kayaks on my trailer and truck. I could drive someone up with the kayaks and use thier bus pass to go back to the launch. They charge $30 per kayak to shuttle, it would save us $90 for sure. Hey as a single parent i've learned how to cut some corners lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14th