Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14th      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 terry40
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Fishies Float Trip on the HuzzahPage 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
ewww the last time i drank tequila i ended up with 2 broken fingers, tequila and ropes swings dont mix lol. Anyone that needs a shuttle just write, we could split it up somehow or if someone rents a canoe or kayak and wants a ride up there instead of riding the bus, could trade off for the bus pass for me to ride.
 unclebeav45
Msg: 102
Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14th
Posted: 5/18/2009 9:25:30 PM
A float trip!! Awesome-I've been wanting a weekend getaway for a long time! Count me in!!
 alpinebryon
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 5:46:24 AM
ALL RIGHT Terry up to 24 signed up. its going to be a good weekend.I hope that there will be a bit more rain after the first of the month.to rase the huzzaw up a bit more.Since I am going to start at Bluts Slab I hope its up enough to run the low water bridge it freaks people out when they see me doing that
 terry40
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:02:46 AM
Yea buddy, Its getting there. what time you putting in, blunts 5 miles upstream from where we're putting in. Probably see you around noon lol.
 terry40
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:17:27 AM
Oh and good luck with your float trip this weekend, wish i could make it.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 2:15:53 PM
Thanks terry too bad your not able to make it. as the river is looking its going to be a fantastic float.The river is high enought to make it interesting for the non-paddlers ha ha.Looks like sam and my self is going to be playing life saver and trash collector ha ha ha. Just kidding its not that high
 terry40
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 2:50:09 PM
Yea the bank of TERRY is broke and obama isnt bailing me out lol. You might get the kids out of the house but they always come back with a hand out lol. After my float i'll be hanging closer to home. Big river is a nice easy float, too bad they really dont have any outfits set up on it but one.
 terry40
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:10:08 AM
Thats about as ruff as my camper lol. We'll be in group camping 5, so come on down and visit.
 terry40
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 4:59:47 PM
CRUSH TIME: If you want to float in a raft or rent a cabin, i would be making the reservations early this week, they sometimes sell out even on off holiday weekends. Cant believe its only 2 weeks away. woo hoooooooooo
 wildone43
Msg: 110
Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah
Posted: 5/25/2009 6:51:48 AM
bryan i am defininitly coming and i think so is peepers and maybe frank who knows about him but listen tell everyone that i will bring a pretty good size load of fire wood . and though it will be around 6 pm before i can get there friday night. better than last time huh?????
 terry40
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 3:13:18 PM
I'll probably be down there around 2pm on friday myself and greet everyone, answer any questions and help in anyway. I'll be at rv site 1618 and have group site 5 reserved, come by before or after you get set up your site, I'll have a sign up sheet if you want let me where you at to pass on any info. Was gonna do a pot luck dinner saturday after the float but if alot of ppl do attend it would be hard to figure out who's bringing what esp. with any last minute signups or ppl just showing up(which is cool).
SO i was thinking a good ole bon fire. The fire pits arnt real big but we could get something going lol. I'll have one friday nite, bring a chair over after ya get set-up, do a meet and greet with everyone. Then saturday having one for the surviors of the float lol. I can bring some wood and anyone want to drop off a few extra pieces would help.
Less then 2 weeks now woooooooo hooooooooo
 terry40
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 11:37:57 AM
tap tap tap Is this thing on?
 terry40
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 4:30:12 AM
Floating is like a bike, fall out once or twice and you'll figure it out lol. But if you need any pointers i can help
 terry40
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 6:33:05 AM
Point and laugh hehehehe, then we'll catch all your stuff and i'll give some pointers.
 terry40
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 8:53:44 AM
Alright crazywomandriver, sounds like your good to go, i'll be there around 2pm, but my camper wont get there til 8pm. Dont worry its an easy float, we'll have you back on that river saddle lol.
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/2/2009 1:48:49 PM
OK, I tried mailing you directly, but you have your E-mail settign rejecting anyone 75 miles or more away, so my only option is to post this directly to you, TERRY!
As a sponsor of an event, you DO NOT GET to choose who is, or isn't allowed to sign up, nor do you decide what good intentioned suggestions will, or will not get to be posted, especially when they include direct feedback from the campground outfitter that is pertinent to the float!!!
I'm tired of you removing me just because I, just like Bryon who you do not remove, want to float more that 5 miles while we're there.
I have reported your actions to the POF moderators, and hope all of the people who have signed up can now see just how you run your event sign-ups.
Leave it alone!!!
And if I go at all, which is really doubtful now that I've seen how this trip is controlled, I'll be bringing a date, so you really shouldn't feel so threatened. You can still be the stud there big guy. Settle down and relax. It a river, not a war.
Sam
 alpinebryon
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 2:37:43 PM
THAT WAS BE FOR I GOT MY NEW WORK SCHEDULE CAME OUT.i LOSTED MY WEEKENDS.NOW I HAVE ONLY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY OFF.SO I AM ONLY GOING TO DO THE SHORT ONE.THEN HEAD BACK TO ST.LOU FOR WORK SUNDAY MORNING AT 4:30.
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/2/2009 3:02:47 PM
I'm sorry Mr. pjethro17 sir, but I have also followed all of my conversation, some of which the rest of you were never allowed to see, and it is common on these float trips for one or more participants to look for partners to arrange shuttles with, or to do longer, or additional floats with. I totally fail to understand why this is unacceptable this time. Furthermore, if you're renting, the 10 mile option also covers the same five miles you're allready floating, at nearly the same price. It is also what the outfitter suggested/recommended, but the reply I recieved from the campround outfitter has been deleted now, twice. So I doubt if you have seen all of that correspondence. It was when I disagfreed with Terry on a couple of points that I was dropped, and all postings removed.
However, I much prefer calm, relaxed float trips, even if I was only planning on camping with your group, and floating seperately.
Therefore, per your request sir, I will drop off, and Ginger and I will spend the weekend in Weston instead.
Have a nice weekend, and I hope you like drunken teenagers and a jammed up river. Or at least that's how you described it to me last weekend, Bryon, as did the outfitter! Enjoy
Sam
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/2/2009 3:05:10 PM
Dena, I've already learned what a inconsiderate, rude paddling partner you are, and will gladly miss learning that lesson again. Hope you pay what you agree to next time, and actually let people know when you change your plans. What a group, geez.
 terry40
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 3:16:36 PM
I have set up this event to make it go smooth and easy. Everything you need to know is in the begining. If ppl come in here and start posting different floats and different information, thats when events become confusing and mixed up. I am not being pushy or bossy at anyone, but when you post demeaning and hateful comments at me and trashing my event i will remove you.
I'll leave your last comment to just show what i'm talking about. I'm just getting this together and meet some good people. As far as the jammed up river, thats why i didnt have it on a holiday, thats when its bad. I dont even do that lol.
 terry40
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 3:29:20 PM
Yea me too about the cane lol. Bryon dont wake me up on your way out sunday lol.
 Huddly
Msg: 122
Posted: 6/2/2009 3:56:51 PM
As a host of events it is sad to see that someone would react this way and start calling people out by name. The efforts put out buy the host is nothing more then appreciated until someone gets headstrong and starts to change things on your thread. It is confusing to the others who have no other intentions other then have a good time. You are not going to make everyone happy so if just one person has an issue do not let it bother you and it will make you more humble to the others that do not react in such a childish way.
 daphnekc
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 4:19:33 PM
I was thinking about this trip but I dont want to get caught up in all the drama my comment is the person pointing the finger has three fingers pointing back at himself. I also know I have been around most of the folks going from kc and always have a great time. Dont let all this bickering scare you away
 daphnekc
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 4:23:57 PM
yes ladies beware LOL
 Huddly
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/2/2009 4:25:47 PM
Dena - It made me proud when I heard that you made it over the falls on the last float without dumping. I had heard that there were some that were not so lucky over that trip over the falls and ended up wet the rest of the day.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Fishies Float Trip on the Huzzah Jun 12-14th