Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > 5 People Gunned Down in Last 6 Days      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ticketoride
Msg: 10
5 People Gunned Down in Last 6 DaysPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If you are not involved in the illegal Drug Trade or other organized Crime, usually because of Debts or trying to move in on the Competition, I doubt anyone has much to worry about.
 Walts
Msg: 11
5 People Gunned Down in Last 6 Days
Posted: 2/17/2009 5:18:11 PM
These shootings are terribly tragic for the victims and their families.

I don't find any of it "tragic" about what is going on other than what happened to the 4 year old yesterday. You will find(or have found) out that the ones that are being targetted have been for a reason only known to those involved within a group of "wannabe" tough guys. Take a serious look at the vehicle the "young lady" was driving yesterday and then seriously think about what a "young lady" her age is doing driving such vehicle. It's not rocket science,,,and it is far from over since the line was crossed yesterday.

I remember a saying the old man use to tell me. "If you play,,,,you WILL pay". These kids(all of the victims are under the age of 30 here) have no idea what they are involved in. Yet, they have no problem flaunting and playing the "part". Well the "part"also involves being killed, because you are involved with dirt bags, and these dirt bags,,,again are alllllll young and not very bright. And I don't think the majority of the families are soooo innocent either. I know I would question my daughter if she was 23 and pulled into my driveway with a Cadillac. Wouldn't you????

It is getting close to the home thou. I was driving home Sunday night when 5 cops blew by me on 108th ave 5 minutes after 12. I was just happy they were'nt pulling me over for a speeding ticket,,,until I found out the next day where they were going.

I don't think you can "assume" anymore that you won't or can't be an innocent bystander hit by a stray after yesterday's exhibition of intelligence. Like I said,,,the line has been crossed,,,and it will get nasty. Just heard on the radio,,,another shooting or "police incident" in Vancouver???? Buckle up!!!
 Xavery
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/17/2009 6:50:56 PM
Okay - so, like, why is everyone shooting everyone these days? There was another shooting on Fraser Street today. One person died and another was seriously injured. Is February "Go out and shoot someone month" ? Something strange is going on. There must be some sort of upset in the gang world that the average person does not understand because things are absolutely out of CONTROL. I have heard two gangs mentioned the Red Scorpions and the UN.

I also heard as I watched the News tonight there was a lot of gunfire at a park in Surrey - breaking news.
 Xavery
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/17/2009 8:59:02 PM
To messanger 38 - It is obvious that I am not an expert but I would say that there is a dramatic increase in the number of shootings. So, I am wondering, WHY? What has caused these gang wars? No, on the contrary as for being under a rock, two of the hoods where shootings have occured are very near and dear to me.

I am still not worried about getting caught in the crossfire, but I know some people are getting a little freaked. I feel badly for people who are always looking over their shoulders. Nature intended for me not to be the paranoid type.

I would also guess there is some sort of vacuum/void in the gang world and there are lot of wanna bes trying to fill it. With gangs I would guess all wars come down to power because when one has power they can have all the women, drugs, weapons . . .

I guess my question is why now. What has changed? Will we ever know?
 Xavery
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/17/2009 9:27:00 PM
Okay - I buy into the order and then it goes dead - bang, it is over! Oh, wait, some live and become paraplegics. Drugs are in first place because of the money they bring in, I guess, but who is dealing what and how big is the drug trade in Metro Vancouver. I suspect it is bigger than I thought.

Seriously, do any gangsters live past 30?
 Walts
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/18/2009 6:02:17 AM

^ Walts, apparently the car was registered to the woman's husband, who allegedly (as stated from an anonymous "friend" of the family) is a member of the UN gang. It wasn't her car, but her husband's.

Yes,,,I know Halo,,,that was my point. The young lady,,,thou young,,,thou pretty,,,thou a mother (of TWO), knew exactley the game that she was involved in. She, like many other's her age and mentality,,,,,just didn't understand the rules,,,,of which there seems to be none. Because of her choices of who she was with,,,she leaves two without a mother of which one is gonna remember Feb 16th (family day) forever,,,in some form or another.
 Xavery
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/6/2009 9:27:14 PM
And things have not gotten any better and now it is almost the second week in March.
I hear Vancouver being referred to as Gangouver. I understand now why some people are fearful about being caught in the crossfire. It is just a matter of concern. I see the police have come out and openly stated that there is a gang war going on. They say that they are not meant to say such things. I guess they fear creating panic among the masses.
 Stormswatcher
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/7/2009 8:05:57 PM
I think the scariest part of the whole thing is they can't shoot straight.
last night a guy opened fire on a group of people at point blank range, rang off 12 shots and managed to hit a house across the street, nothing else, not a single person was hit.
 Xavery
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/7/2009 8:14:43 PM
Oh, I am so glad ^ that someone ese has noticed that something stinks in the state of Vancouver. I thought all the shooting and stabbing would have stopped by now. I didn't see it as something that would go on and on and on . . . Now, things are getting creepy, because it is a pretty safe bet that if these idiots keep shooting someone will get shot in the crossfire, but I don't think these idiots give a damn. They probably believe that people who get in the way of their targets deserve to be gunned down.
 PrincessForOne
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/9/2009 8:40:43 PM
Funny how these and other non-canadian type violent crimes (like home invasions and beheadings) have gone through the roof ever since our government let the CIA, ATF, DEA, FBI, Texas Rangers, and US Homeland Security bring their secret activities into British Columbia. Interesting corrolation wouldn't you say? You'll notice the media always seems to show some immigrant as the fall guy for the crimes too. What, don't white folks commit crimes anymore?
 Xavery
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/9/2009 9:42:23 PM
^The question is worth reiterating. Is there any truth in what you say?

Well, another person was shot on Kingsway and Slocan late last night. Am I the only one following the gang wars and wondering where they will lead? How many more people will be gunned down or be cut up?
 Xavery
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/10/2009 6:43:50 PM
2 more homicides today in a run down apartment. At this point these murders have not been linked to gang activity. One thing I am fairly certain of is that more people will die because of underground crime.

It seems to me that there is a power vacuum in the drug world. If there are shortages of drug X, people will just use drug Y. However, to be honest, I never imagined that there was so much gang activiy going on this city.
 Xavery
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/13/2009 6:12:51 PM
^agree . . . there are no winners in this situations. A gang member dies or is seriously hurt, but all the non-gang members in his familly are not celebrating the fact that there is one less gang member to go around offing people, but left with guilt and grief. No one wins in this situations and this entire gang war situation is a red flag. Something is warpy in our society.

It is 6 pm on a Friday night and according to "breaking news," there has been another shooting in Surrey. I doubt you are surprised.

It is costing tax payers a lot of money because the Bacon boys are under constant watch. I think when things reach this state, the police should be able to just throw the potential and former offenders in prison.
 Xavery
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/16/2009 3:39:54 PM
^ All of this from a poster who used to think the Bacon brothers were disenchanted farmboys.

The thing is the public should not have to turn up the noise and get involved. These guys should be in jail. Although it may be the only way to get these guys behind bars.

Where is going to end with the Bacon brothers? Will they be killed/injured? Will they kill or injure someone and end up where they belong? All I know is that Abbotsford tax payers, are spending a lot to have these guys constantly watched.

I heard a little clip on the news as to why Metro Vancouver is a hive for drug activity. 1/ The climate is good for growing BC Bud 2/ We are close to the border. These seem obvious. 3/ British Columbians are pretty easy going about drug use. Personally, I am not so sure about 3.
 Xavery
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/16/2009 7:31:37 PM
@at Silky
Be gentle with X... All she does is watch the news and repeats what she hears...

It is actually listen. But don't shoot the messanger. However, I like to think that I do a little more than listen and bring back up what hear. I think about and try to make sense of it. And I do far more than just listen to the news, but this is another story. However, I am sure Music never meant this as an insult.

As for Sil . . . a little too defensive. I did not imply or even suggest that the police are at fault for the Bacon brothers being out and about. I fully understand that it is the judicial system that is the problem. I have no problem believing the police want these guys behind bars, because the police see where this is leading and it is not good. (By the way, ST, you are not the only one with police officers in the family. My nephew is a police officer and I am a little worried for him. I also work with a police officer with a heart of gold, but when I meet police officers on the street, I don't really get good vibes.)

I do agree that putting potential crooks in jail is wrong and unconstitutional. However, perhaps with these 2 clowns there could be some kind of way to get them locked up or launched in to space.

I really think H9000000 did a good job of summing up the problem with some police officers in the public perception thread. So, let's not beat a dead horse.

Wow, to the poster below, I am pretty sure that I am not involved in the drug trade. I probably know of one person who smokes weed.

I am really pleased to see that people are finally responding to this thread, because something is really wrong here in good ol' Kansas. Another way of putting it is, Puppy, this is not the Vancouver I knew 3 months ago.
 4x4+geek
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2009 7:32:32 PM
Blame who?

Everyone I know are not involved in the drug trade and (except perhaps those in law enforcement) do not shoot at, maim, or kill other people. Most of them have been raised in Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, South America or the USA. So is it a legal problem? IMHO, partly; I think however, the problem goes much deeper. A greed-based value system and parenting-by-mass-media are other major constituents. I'll abort my rant at this point.
 Walts
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:20:22 AM
It was only a matter of time, but it finally looks like the domino effect has kicked in. Watch the little pukes start droppin like flies now,,,,well, the ones that are too stupid to run. Pig boy and his family probably are wishin the cops were just "watching" instead of "doing" yesterday.
Only problem is that there will be enough cement heads to take their place, but at least we know they are getting dumber,,,,,and greedier.
 Xavery
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/8/2009 4:33:29 PM
I think we all understand that heart disease, strokes and cancer are leading causess of death, but I would not use this fact to negate the seriousness of the escalating gang wars in the lower mainland. Even if only one person died due to a bullet wound, that is too many.

I have heard that sensationalized stories of our gang war problems are appearing in Newspapers around the globe, because we are host to the 2010 Olympics. The Premier is urging us to ignore this hype, but in some ways the joke is on him IMO and I find his predicament slightly amusing.

Some gang members are been taken out of the "game" and this might help and then again it might not.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > 5 People Gunned Down in Last 6 Days