Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > What are your first-date dealbreakers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Florida_Diva
Msg: 31
What are your first-date dealbreakers? Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
i just dont get the ones who open the i phone and show pics of the ex (girlfriends kids) not his own and then the ex, so why the heck do i care about them.... and the ex g/f storys im a hair stylist not a dr, they make lots more money hearing about the exs.......im sure women do this too...my advice GET OFF pof looking to date or ltr addd friends or hang out.......

Latina1056
Msg: 32
view profile
History
What are your first-date dealbreakers?
Posted: 3/4/2009 2:13:58 PM
[quote ] All I can say is, there are some strange ones out there.
plentyoffish.com - where the odds are good and the goods are odd!

Perfectly said...

And also liars are the worst... Look nothing like their picture...
 Florida_Diva
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/6/2009 9:17:34 PM
Im enjoying this tread a lot. Sheds some light here, hopefuly some reading will know what NOT to do ... jezz some are down right scary
 Florida_Diva
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/9/2009 11:50:31 PM
New one to add- This weekend had a first date with a guy ... all was going soso. he asked if he could kiss me . .what the heck its not like im 16 or something, said yea..... well as he kissed me under his breath he called my by another name ..... so i thought talking about an ex was bed enough . .jeeze back to fishing lol
Posted: 3/19/2009 6:42:35 PM
When she shows up looking like Granny Klampett. (This IS NOT a cross-post.)
 SRQleslie
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/19/2009 6:54:10 PM

When she shows up looking like Granny Klampett. (This IS NOT a cross-post.)

yeah............but it's kind of 'close', Bob!!! SO - I'll just foist myself on the same train...............(just to make you feel better)

When HE shows up looking like my GRANDFATHER!! YEE gads that happened to me for a lunch 'date' at Marina Jacks! I saw the white shoes and the white hair and the 'pocket protector' and almost ran for the hills!

I'm NOT a 'lunch drinker' but I had 2****ails.............and he STILL looked like my
Grandfather!
 ucanrunnaked
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/20/2009 3:00:19 PM
1. You show up inexplicably late.

2. You spend the entire date talking about yourself, your ex-husband, and all of the rich, successful men who've wanted to marry you (and how you should have picked one of them, instead of your ex).

3. Bad breath.

4. You are touch-phobic. Okay, I'm not a grabby guy, but if we're walking through a rutted parking lot with you teetering in your high heels, and I offer you my arm... take it!

I actually had one date that included all of the above. The kicker? Decided to give her a second chance (I'm an idiot, I know, but she was gorgeous), and she stood me up.! Serves me right....
 magickisssss
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/20/2009 3:08:55 PM
Hey openwatercaptain - what about those who want to show you their mug shots????

I really love the ones who break the date by not showing up, no call until much later and then expect another shot at it.
 justnancy
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/13/2009 3:44:38 PM
I can't Say I've ever been on date where they "bumped" into their ex. I have been on dates where they talk about their ex a lot. If a person needs to start talking about their ex on the first date, I tend to think they are not really ready to get involved in a new relationship. Going on a date with a person who is bitter about, just about everything is definitely a deal breaker!! Manners on a first date can go a long way!!
 magickisssss
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/15/2009 3:28:33 AM
Suni

What is even worse is having people with that dang blue tooth in their ear that you can't see. You hear them talking and not sure if they are speaking to you or not. If someone met me for the first time with one of those in their ear, I think I would immediately walk away.
 magickisssss
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/15/2009 5:38:44 PM
Perhaps those things in their ears aren't really phones at all. Perhaps they are just designed to look like that because "they actually are talking to themselves"
And that could be because they find themselves so very interesting to talk to????
 magickisssss
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/17/2009 3:30:34 AM
Mike, what would be worse, is that they try talking to you while they are still trying to chew that roll YUCK

Friend of mine went on the first-date and discovered the guy had really bad ROAD RAGE!! Not sure if that is an indication of how he would be in a relationship, but would be a deal breaker for me. It would have me concerned
 magickisssss
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/12/2009 2:19:09 PM
Bob, have you ever seen that comedian Bill Ingals (Engalls) who does that

"Here's your sign"??? #'s 8 and 10 sure would fit lol

Almost like when your car breaks down, you are sitting on the side of the road and a person stops and asks "car problems"
 KGRL62
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/13/2009 5:24:49 AM
Asking me to be there one and only after first date,chewing tobacco,and wearing a baseball cap,just dont get it for me!!
 magickisssss
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/13/2009 2:59:14 PM
did they also bring along their spit cup???? Yeah, kiss that YUCK
 magickisssss
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/13/2009 3:21:28 PM
Suni.....perhaps when they said there name was BUBBA, that should have been a clue
 magickisssss
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/14/2009 3:25:02 AM
Suni I thought I had left all the bubba's behind in TX, however, they appear to be EVERYWHERE lol. Yep, I quickly turn and run at the mention of that name or as you said someone with two names for one. They might want to take me out four wheeling in the MUD! I am somewhat adventursome but getting jossled around and muddy is not what I call fun.

Oh, had a friend who on her first meet........the guy READ to her from a Astrology book all evening, telling her about herself (yawn) then when she said they should call it a night, thought that meant to GO FOR IT!!

I think all these bad dates....perhaps have the wiring in their brains either not connected or backwards
 dljohnston
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/7/2009 1:19:34 PM
hey belladonna813. i tried to message you and it wouldnt let me. would you please email me at dljohnston2306@yahoo.com. i would love to get to know you..Derek
 justnancy
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/7/2009 6:20:59 PM
ummmmm....Djohnston... you do realize that the last time Belladonna posted on here was on 3/2/2009 . You may have missed her by several months. 4 months 5 days to be precise. Just thought I’d let you know.
 egboy
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2009 11:06:37 PM
Ok true story. I took this woman to lunch. I road 50 mils to give her a ride on my bike and go to lunch. She tells me about her soon to be abusive Ex. then starts to cry in the middle of lunch. tells me she has to go to court the next day. I tell her to be happy she will be done with the guy. Then she says that she has to go to court for atempted murrder. She had cut her soon to be EX with a knife and left him for dead after he stoped her on a back road. I got her home quik and never saw or heard from her again.
 1glassslipper
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/9/2009 4:24:00 PM
Ok that is a deal breaker and way too funny. (now)
 egboy
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 10:01:21 AM
Not only that I had put a brandnew Helment($150.00) on her porch (she didn't want to wear it) and I was in such a hurry to get away I forgot it. No way I was going back.
 egboy
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 10:10:27 AM
I had another one (10 yrs older than her pic) I met for dinner after she wanted to get coffey. We had just sat down and I showed her my tattoo and she jumped up knoking her chair over and started screeming at me about devileing my body. Everyone was looking to see what she was screeming about. I thought about saying something about her being overwaight but didn't. I picked up the coffey and droped them in the trash and told her if she wanted a ride home to get in the truck. I droped her off and never saw or heard from her again.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 9:18:00 PM
I met a guy at Down Town Disney who was very very late . I tried calling him to make sure he was alive and well and he never answered his phone. He apologized for being late and said he left his cell phone at home. Moments later it rang in his pocket. He acted shocked and surprised that he had it with him all the time, and it must have had some terrible malfunction. He was a terrible actor by the way. We went to dinner although I had already concluded this would be a one time meeting. He tried to be charming and make up for his poor behavior. I tried to be social. At the conclusion of dinner , he said you are not going to believe this but I forgot my wallet , I guess you will need to pay. I smiled and said I am afraid not. I rose from that table and walked away. I mentioned to the server on the way out that there is a possibility that the gentleman I was dining with may try to walk out without paying. He called me the next day to ask when he could see me again.

here are some dealbreakers for me...

He reeks of the very distinct odor of cigarettes.
He never stops talking about himself long enough to find out anything about me.
He has his eyes glued to my chest and never makes eye contact.
He intently watches the sporting event on the TV in the sports bar and I know that he has not heard a word I said.
He flirts with the waitress .
He speaks in three word sentences and has the intelligence of a amoeba .
He keeps calling me baby or sweetheart and never says my name once( since he unlikely has no idea what my name is)
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 7:22:10 AM
Cajun so sorry about the loss of your friend, its never easy saying goodbye to someone you care about . Life is funny sometimes, it seems like those who live their life on the straight and narrow, and are loving and kind are taken from us to soon. May peace be with you during these difficult times.

Leaving someone at a restaurant door is very poor behavior, but I think after I got over the initial surprise I would be thankful that he showed his true colors from the get go. Yes most often there are always two sides to a story and somehwere in the middle lies the truth. Sometimes it is just as it is. There is no way to justify leaving someone like that regardless of the reason. I think we all have felt like running off from time to time. Its far braver and respectful to simply indicate , I am sorry but I do not think you are right for me and end it properly. Kindness is such a dying art , we need to resurrect it.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > What are your first-date dealbreakers?