Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 2
do you'se wonder why you'se are single girls?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
With an attitude like that is it any wonder your single?

Did you ever think that perhaps she has had that very same conversation with loads of guys and the ...hi how are you, where are you from, where do you work, what do you do at the weekends gets a bit boring. By saying Hi, she is opening up the court for you to shine, but you do as all the other guys do and ask question after question. The same questions she has answered hundreds of times.

or pehaps she is in work? and her boss came in?

or perhaps she took a look at your profile and decided you live too far away?

Or perhaps she has a crap internet connection, or maybe she is just not that into you?

i can normally tell the ones like that by looking at their big stuck up heads
Really? Well then why do you bother trying to chat with them then? Is it because its the good looking girls that you want to get with, but when they are not interested you cant handle the rejection like a gentleman so you just slate them??
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 4
do you'se wonder why you'se are single girls?
Posted: 2/9/2009 1:54:32 PM
Well it is all very well you saying that girls should be polite, but I myself have sent the ' I'm sorry I dont think we would be a good match, but i hope you find what your looking for' and Ive been sent abuse back on numerous occasions.......... its like rejection releases aggression, sometimes it it just easier to block the person.

As for men reading the profile............most of them dont, thats the problem.
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/10/2009 3:08:42 AM
No, I dont think there should be an open forum with a name and shame theme,I think it could be misused (by jealous or rejected people) , and it could turn nasty and end up with just abuse being flung around. Plus, eveyone has different relationships with people, Im sure there are alot of guys that I have chatted to on here that think Im a nice, well balanced, funny and friendly girl, but Im also sure there are guys who think Im stuck up 'B *%$h' and have similar issues as the OP.

However there are a few girls that I chat to on here, and If a guy sends me an abusive mail I will tell my friends about it, as I would expect them to warn me about any nasty guys they have come across.

site teaches users to be rude because of their experiences

Well I think that the whole safety of sitting behind a computer destroys the normal art of conversation, thus disolving manners along with it. I find the men far to forward on here, Ive never walked into a bar had had a guy come up and say Hi, I think your beautiful, do you want to go on a date with me? but men on this, behind the safety of the screen say it straight up, its offputting
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/10/2009 8:29:31 AM
A titty I see...........
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/10/2009 12:51:12 PM
This all relates back to the thread ' Why are Irish girls such arsehole' and that thread has since been deleted, and Im not suprised!
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/11/2009 3:58:04 AM
Whinge whinge whinge
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/27/2009 7:56:23 AM
I think its time we set up our own slate the gobshi*es thread.
 stoowart
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2009 11:44:44 AM
yes, perhaps a lil premmy there op but this thread has raised a couple of points which are of note in my lil corner of pofworld....

For instance op's topic....now the 3 or 4 messages stage is a bit ambitious for getting the hump i'll admit..but what of when this kind of thing happens after days of messaging and much time spent on say msn or even the fone to each other? Sometimes weeks of communication even?

Surely there is a stage where it is completely out of line to just cut off and in effect 'disapppear' permanently for no obvious reason? or none at all, or something lame right out of the pages of 'jackie' or sim as an excuse....

Also the um 'tribal network' thing does this perhaps extend itself to this group of contacts serially attracting then cutting off a person one after another to for instance?

and why would they do this?
 lee0011
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 9:48:56 AM
I have to say the random shut down of the chat window by a girl is more common then you think. A simple "sorry I am not interested" is all we need to stop wondering. Maybe even tell us what you didn't like so we don't repeat the same mistakes would be nice.

About the opening lines, guys do that because they know ZERO about the girl. I sometimes ask the standard questions because I am not sure how she would react to a totally off the wall question, don't want to scare her away before she gets to know me.

About that point about girls always getting tons of emails. The problem is that the ratio of creeps to nice guys is at least 10:1 and they tend to spam a lot more. Maybe this site would benefit from a nice guy meter similar ebay where people can comment on emails or IM from someone. I do like the addition of the comment section down below, gives a better idea of the person.
 thebohs
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/18/2009 7:14:38 AM
Right Gav this is my first ever post on this forum!! go me!! Ive chatted to moonunit a couple of times and we aint married yet lol but shes a nice girl with a god sense of humour ive been on the end of her witty banter and was intelligent enough to get her jokes, its lighthearted stuff to say the least as for rejection and dealing with it gav, its part and parcel of internet dating.
I originally thought this whole site was a freak fest but chatting to some people like moonunit for one opened my eyes a little and made me quickly realise that its all just a bit of fun and that whatever happens happens, but one thing I would never do is be nasty to anyone on here because whats the point!!!

Gav if i was you id kick back with your laptop in front of the fire have a beer, relax and take things with a pinch of salt and not lose your head. Its all just fun thats all!!

Ps Moonunit will you marry me?
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  >